Marionette - MHA

By Nomie_11

Humans are just like dolls, like a marionette, they can be controlled by strings that pull on their limbs and... More

Prologue: Yui
Class 1-A
Villains and Villains
Dreams of the Night
Limitations
Friendships
An Unexpected Duo
I Need Her
The Puppeteer Meets The Marionette
Fathers and Mothers
Clarity After War
Bonus Chapter: Sick on Valentines
The Marionette
He's Back
Masters and Students
Dad
Promises to Heal
Bakugou Katsuki
Tell Me
Movie Night
Days 1 and 2
Hide and Seek
I'm Not Worth It
Not Guilty
A Daughter's Love
Short Chapter - What Love Is

Self Improvements

38 5 0
By Nomie_11

"Wait, Midoriya!" She called out as he went to go back into the building. Tsuyu had confessed her side and now it was her turn to ask her own questions. "I have a question I need to ask you."

His face paled, and she could see the visible discomfort that was hiding behind his eyes.

"Uh, sure, I guess."

"And don't try to deflect any questions I may ask you," She pressed further. "I literally told you that I was the spawn of two super villains who trained me into the perfect assassin when we were pretty much strangers. And I also will beat you up if I think you're lying to me, I'm not joking."

"I- I understand! Don't worry- I won't lie."

"I'm so glad you understand," She paused, and stopped herself. "And sorry for scaring you just now."

"Oh no, it's- it's fine."

"Great, first question; is All Might your dad?"

He rapidly shook his head, his eyes and panicked expression making Yui snicker.

"No! N- no way!" He immediately denied.

"Well then, is he your mentor?" She pressed on further, trying to get the one answer she wanted out of her kind classmate.

"W-well, yes, but not any m-more than he is yours, I guess-"

She quickly cut off his rambling.

"Great, whatever," She narrowed her eyes at Midoriya. "You cannot lie to me right now."

She grabbed his hand, and sliced the tip of his finger with a small pocket knife to draw the tiniest bit of blood. He gulped in fear, understanding immediately what this meant.

"Not only can I feel how your blood will race if you try to lie to me, but I will not hesitate to pop you like a balloon if you tell me anything besides the truth."

He nodded in agreement.

"I've been watching you and your quirk for a while, and one thing is very clear to me," She paused, watching his pale face. "That your quirk is not yours."

"Y-yes, b-but I-" He tried to explain himself, his futile attempt at padding the mistrust she already had in him failing as she cut him off.

"I don't care. It's blaringly obvious that your quirk is either All Might's quirk," She held the knife to his throat. "Or All for One's quirk. And I don't take lightly to traitors."

He gulped, and slowly pushed her hand down.

"M-my quirk isn't mine," She lowered her knife to give him space. "But I would never accept anything from the villains. All Might gave me his quirk, and has been training me, but I would never betray you."

—-----------------------------------------

Yui's alarm blared when the clock hit 5:30, and she immediately pushed the covers right off of her body. Her room was cold, and Yoongi was still fast asleep by her feet as she got out of her bed.

She got dressed, brushed her teeth, and climbed down the stairs to the main room, grabbing her shoes. She opened the door and stepped onto the front stairs.

A body collided with her own as she was knocked over. He quickly grabbed her before she could hit the ground and further injure herself.

"Shoto," she said, shocked that he was out earlier than her. "Thanks for catching me."

"It was no problem." He set her into a standing position, his own body sweaty and awkward. "Are you ok?"

"Oh yeah, I'm fine." she shrugged. "Why are you out so early?"

"I was just going on a run. And you?"

"I have to go to the hospital for physical therapy before school."

They both stood, awkwardly facing each other.

"Would you mind if I came with you?" He blurted out, shocking her.

"Oh! Uh, sure. If you really want to."

—--------------------------

A short walk in awkward silence later, the cold and bright halls of the hospital overwhelmed Yui's senses. She knew the walk to the physical therapist office like the back of her hand at this point; this wasn't her first major injury, so she walked down the hallway with Shoto trailing shortly behind her.

"It's this door." She pointed to the big double-doors that stood in front of them. "You really don't have to come with me, you know."

"It's ok. I would like to be there for you."

She reluctantly agreed, walking into the room, her usual physical therapist greeted her and they got to work.

It was weird, the physical therapist, Dr. Minatozaki had instructed Shoto to hold her limp hand, and curl her fingers shut around the stress ball that rested on her palm. She could see him touching her fingers, and feel his warm breath on her neck, but there was no feeling on her hand at all.

Her right hand was completely fine, and she mirrored her exercises on both hands, but all she could feel was the little pulsing sensation of the muscles right above her left wrist contracting with effort.

Clenching her teeth, a shot of pain hit her.

"Ouch, ouch-" She whimpered. "Please stop."

Shoto's eyes widened, and he glanced at the doctor.

"Todoroki-san, I think maybe if you add some heat it can ease the cramping she has in her forearm." She suggested, her voice as calm and soothing as ever.

"Oh no, I can't do that." He quickly responded.

"Or, wild idea, you let me learn how to do stuff with my right arm and I go back to sleep, huh?" Yui suggested.

"Well, You and I both know that can't happen." Dr. Minatozaki faced Shoto again. "I know you are scared of hurting her, but she's already in pain."

"Shoto it's not that big of a deal if you are uncomfortable-"

He quickly cut her off.

"Ok, if it will help."

His calloused and rough hands held her left hand tightly, warmth radiated off of his body as the muscles in her arm relaxed. As the physical therapist curled her fingers around the stress ball that sat in her palm, the pain disappeared.

—--------------------------------

Yui and Shoto managed to arrive at the classroom two minutes before the bell rang. No one was expecting an exciting day after all of the drama of the last few days and even the last few weeks.

But no one wants class 1-A to have a well deserved break, do they?

"Welcome back, everyone." Aizawa spoke loudly to the class. "Especially those who just returned. I'm glad the dorms are working well and you had a day to rest. With that being said, heroes never get a break, so from now on we will be working on your very own special move to pass your provisional license exam."

A collective gasp took over the class.

"You may be class 1-A from the top hero school in the country, but this exam has a 5% pass rate, and I have doubt that some of you will pass."

Some of the students in the class whispered in excitement at the idea of creating a signature move and some of them whispered in fear over the test, but Aizawa could only hear Yui sigh in disappointment. He knew she was dreading making a special move.

"Finally!! Some cool hero-like curriculum!!" Kirishima cheered a little too loudly, shaking Yui's body out of excitement. "Special moves!"

As Cementos, Midnight and Ectoplasm came into the classroom, the class quieted down one more time to hear their advice and pointers.

"Special! In other words, a technique that will ensure your victory!" Ectoplasm boomed, his face resembling as much of a smile as it possibly could.

"To battle means to leverage one's own unique strengths," Cementos continued. "These techniques must be deeply ingrained in who you are. Techniques that do not satisfy that requirement cannot be your own special move."

"Nowadays, professional heroes without their own signature move are like an endangered species," Midnight winked, her naturally sultry voice floating over the class. "These techniques become a symbol of who you are! And you can sell merch!"

"Change into your costumes and meet us in the Gamma Gym," Aizawa grinned, the students in the class buzzing with excitement. "We'll go into the specifics shortly with live exercises."

--

 Hehe sorry lol I was super busy. Japan really killed me and I had basically no free time and then I was dead all of last week because of the timezone different and omg I'm so sorry I havent updated in so long but I was really just out of it. anyways, Once a week, maybe twice a week for the rest of the summer, aiming to finish this book before school starts again. Please vote, comment, leave kudos or interact in any way you can! see you all soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 156 42
It's not an exaggeration to say that your life has been unpleasant. From being 'scouted' for your deadly quirk at the ripe age of four-and-a-half to...
120K 4.1K 109
You are new to UA as you came from the states over the summer with your mom due to an incident at your last school. You start your days on becoming a...
414K 17.7K 66
Ever since your Quirk first manifested, you've been the apple of everyone's eye. With the goal of becoming a hero, you enroll to U.A. and soon find y...
222K 8.7K 20
COMPLETE!!! Only his parents and the Midoriyas know that Bakugou has two quirks. Explosion and Outlet. Little do most people know, when people touch...