𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦...

By -laheyswifey

"ᴬᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉⁿᵈ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵒʳʸ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵒᵗʰ ᵒᶠ ᵘˢ ʷᵉʳᵉ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ᶜᵘʳˢᵉᵈ" Oc x Elijah Mikaelson More

𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘
𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝚝𝚠𝚘.
².01
².02
².03
².04
².05
².06
².07
².08
².09
².10
².11
².12
².13
².14

22.

2.1K 70 19
By -laheyswifey

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

"Having second thoughts?" Elijah spoke, making aurora snap out her thoughts as she took the first hit of air as the plane door opened. She stood there for a while holding Luna taking in the breeze she hadn't felt in a while.

She looked to her side and began to walk down the stairs until she met with the ground and took another moment.

"It's something about it....there is no feeling like this one. I've traveled almost the whole world but once I hit any place in Mexico it just feels like home, "Aurora replied, making him smile when a car arrived in front of them.

Elijah stepped forward opening the door allowing the girl in then got in as well closing the door.

"Let me show you around please," Aurora blurted out, taking his hand. "If we get to looking right now it will cause commotion and we will have to leave immediately just give me until noon to show you around please"

"We can do whatever you want. I'm in no rush aurora" Elijah assured, making the girl smile and leaned into the driver's side telling him where to take them first.

The drive into the city wasn't far; it was very entertaining as Aurora showed Elijah new things. She sat next to him as she enthusiastically pointed out things until she finally stopped and laid on his shoulder while Luna laid on her lap waiting for the ride to be over.

It was quick to spot whenever they arrived the girl immediately sat up looking around.

"I've only been here once and I fell in love, all the colors and the way they party..." aurora mentioned while Elijah looked out the window seeing how the houses were colored in different vibrant colors.

The girl then looked down to the cat. "You will stay with the driver but I'll be back okay?"

The car then stopped just in the middle of the city where Aurora already knew her way around. She got out of the car and waited for Elijah to get out and arrive at her side.

"Where are we going?" He asked and the girl put her hand out.

"You'll see" the man took her hand she began to lead him into a building that was opened she walked up to the second floor and sat down on one of the tables in the balcony where they could see everything better."I love this table it lets you see the view"

"You've been here before?" Elijah asked, obviously implying if she already knew where the witches were.

"Yes but never for that purpose I knew this is where the coven was but I don't know exactly where" she replied stopping when a lady approached them placing menus in front of them.

"Anything to drink?" The woman asked with a very thick accent. You could tell she only learned a few English words.

"Dos horchatas por favor" Aurora replied smiling to the lady that walked away to get their drinks. (Two horchatas please)

"Tourism is very big here?"

"Yes they do everything they can to sell..." Aurora looked down to her menu knowing exactly what to get. "Do you like soup?"

"Yes," he replied, not even attempting to read the menu.

"It's in English on the back but I rather you not read it" she took the menu from him placing it on her side of the table. "I don't think you would mind right? We already eat people"

Elijah chuckled at the girl's comment then paused for a minute to stare at her.

"What?" She questioned noticing how the man was looking at her.

"I don't think I've ever seen you this happy, you're glowing..." he paused, noticing how the girl blushed.

"I really love it here Elijah just anywhere in the country in general it's beautiful and I love when I get to share it with others so there's many places I want to get to today that will help us find the coven as well there's something about everything here that is connected..." Aurora was interrupted by the lady setting two cups in front of them.

"Que le puedo servir?"(what can I serve you)

"Dos pozoles por favor" Aurora replied and she stepped away again. (Two pozoles please)

"What's this?" Elijah looked at the drink in front of him.

"Rice water try it" Aurora took her straw putting it on her mouth to take a sip as Elijah did the same but not using the straw. "Isn't it good?"

"It is..." he cleared his throat, setting the cup down. "What were you saying? About the city being connected?"

"There's many stories...you see that building right there" she pointed to the building next to them that was abandoned but well kept. "There's stories of a spirit that took over the house called a "Nahuatl'' long ago a very wealthy family lived there the spirit killed the lady that cooked for them and took over her body the family had a celebration every November for the day of the dead where they invited the other wealthy families in the city. The Nahuatl poisoned the food they were serving that night and they all died Many say the spirit is still in there and any child that comes close to it she takes it and kills them"

"To any other person this would sound like a scary story but when people like us look at it and know many things it's different..." he commented, making her nod.

"I say it's witches covering up their crimes" the girl replied. "There's a mummy museum as well"

"They're real?"

"Yes, from 1865 to 1958, the city required that relatives pay a grave tax. When the relatives failed to do so for three years in a row, their deceased loved ones were dug up and evicted, due to the extremely dry conditions of the soil, the corpses often came up as well-preserved mummies. The cemetery kept them in case the relatives came around with the money wanting a re-burial. By 1894, the ossuary had racked up enough mummified bodies to rebrand itself as a museum." Aurora explained and now Elijah understood.

The city had supernatural written all over it.

"And they're up in display?"

"Yes I've been there I was planning to take you well I think there might be a lead there" the girl replied then got lost looking outside.

There were so many things about the city that connected back to the supernatural there had to be something there that could help her know anything to break the curse.

═════ °• •° ═════

When they were done eating they wandered around the town close to where they had just eaten. There were a few spots Aurora wanted to show Elijah and he was not disappointed at all or bored. He loved it. He loved to see the girl happy and see that she was truly inspired from being there.

"What's this?" Elijah questioned pointing to a very narrow street.

"The kissing alley" Aurora smiled, staring as the couples took their turn heading up the houses. "There was this girl who lived in the house on the right. Her father was a very evil man and wanted to marry her with a wealthy man. He was so strict on who she dated she was prohibited to date someone who wasn't wealthy but she met a man he was a miner and poor but they fell in love they would sneak around until her dad found out he took her and locked her in her room that happened to be the one with the balcony"

"The man thought that he would never see her until he realized that the house on the left was on sale and if he went to the balcony he could see her. He raised the money to finally buy the house even if he was left even more poor. They met every night in the balcony until they were caught again and her father killed her and the man trying to save her fell from the balcony dying as well"

"There's so many tragic stories here..." Elijah commented after listening to the girl's story.

"Yeah...now the houses aren't up for sale, the owner lets couples go up each on the belonging house to take pictures and kiss" Aurora smiled as she looked up seeing the couple do just what she had said. "We should go before it gets late"

"Yeah let's go..." Elijah's idea was quickly erased. He had come up with something but he wasn't sure if he wanted to do it well he did but he wasn't sure the girl did it was something he was nervous to do so he just pushed it back and continued to follow the girl.

The car ride to the museum was short, they were dropped off and they quickly made it inside to see all the mummies. They weren't your typical wrapped mummies, they were just dried up corpses.

"If I ever died again I wouldn't want to be put up for display like this...I mean we just turn gray I think I can pull that off right?" Aurora questioned and looked over to Elijah who smiled.

"You'd look beautiful either way but I rather you not die" Elijah commented and she smiled taking his hand.

"Let's go I know where to go..." the girl dragged him out the building outside being a little market but Aurora was looking for a specific stand. She had seen it before and it caught her eye but she just didn't remember where it was so she got distracted along the way.

"Oh this is pretty" aurora took one of the shirts but never sat it back down she just continued to look for more things. Elijah realized how busy the girl was getting more things not even thinking about paying.

He walked over to the lady running the stand and handed her a few pesos then tried to keep up with aurora who eventually stopped.

"That's who I was looking for..." the girl rushed over to a stand being runned by an elderly lady that just radiated a type of vibe that made Aurora feel a type of way she was convinced that she could help.

Aurora quickly rushed over to the elderly lady catching her attention. "Buenas tardes" (good afternoon)

(The conversation would happen in Spanish but for the sake of not having to translate everything I'll write it in English)

"Good afternoon pretty girl" the elderly woman looked up at the girl smiling.

"Hey...I was here like many years ago...actually.." aurora paused, realizing how long it had been since she had seen the elder woman.

"1960 I guess we both are surprised on how we haven't aged a day" the lady chuckled. "I'm Cecilia and you?"

"Aurora..."

"What can I help you with, Aurora?"

"When I was here years ago I saw you and you just radiated this energy I didn't pay much attention to it then but now I'm here trying to find some answers and you were the first one that came to mind" the girl explained sitting down on the chair in front of the lady after her having offered it to her.

"You were nineteen when I met you, correct? So you would be almost seventy?"

"I was actually almost a hundred years old when we met..." Aurora corrected.

"I've used all types of witchcraft to keep me going and it's catching up with me. I have a few decades left. How do you do it?" She questioned. The lady was a witch that's why Aurora felt a vibe from her.

"I died when I was nineteen and ended up as a vampire so" aurora shrugged and the lady wasn't even faced she must've known about vampires.

"What are you looking for mija?" Aurora guessed that she would have to answer a few things first before getting her trust to answer things but she didn't. She was actually willing to help.

"Witches a coven I don't know which one or what they're called but anything helps" the girl replied causing the lady's face to drop.

"What trouble have you caused yourself? How did you know about the witches from here?"

"My mother, she was part of it a long time ago and I'm just looking for answers" the lady still seemed unconvinced and Aurora didn't know why.

"What was her last name?"

"Gutierrez" and just like that the tension left as if she was waiting for the girl to say the wrong answer and strike but her expression changed it softened up.

"I was shunned years ago now I just lay low but I can give you an address you'll get your answers there" Cecilia took a pen writing an address on a piece of paper handing it to aurora. "I suggest you take your handsome boyfriend with you don't go alone"

"Oh he's not my..." Aurora then paused. No he's not her boyfriend but he's here trying to help her break a curse so they could fall in love. "Thank you really, I appreciate it...do I have to pay you?"

"No it's okay sweetheart just go do what you have to do" the elder assured and aurora smiled getting up from her seat. "Pay me by fixing what you want to fix. She would've been proud"

"You knew my mother?" Aurora paused.

"Long ago before she died I would've wished to go with her instead of living out the rest of this misery alone..." she sighed, almost tearing up.

"Why do you keep using magic to keep you alive then?" Aurora questioned even if it seemed the most rudest question to ask but she just had to.

"I was when I saw you years ago I was so close to doing it but when I saw you I just knew one day you would come back you were so driven in love you had to but now I have no reason to keep putting myself in misery I'm just free"

Aurora just got an even bigger boost to fix this curse now that she saw another woman having to live with what she lived with and so did her mother. It was messed up and she was not going to give up until she fixed it.

"Thank you again and I promise you I will fix this..."

"I don't doubt it" Cecilia gave her one good smile before Aurora walked out to see Elijah standing right outside waiting for her.

"Are you alright?" He put his hand out and the girl took it getting closer to him.

"I am but we have to go I have to fix this" she stated and Elijah nodded.

He had heard most of the conversation. He could guess how much hurt the girl was feeling but she took it as motivation and that was good but he knew it was getting to her and eventually she was going to have to take a break.

═════ °• •° ═════

Aurora got back in the car meeting with Luna again. She took her and didn't let go of her for the entire ride while she laid on Elijah who had his arm wrapped around her.

She didn't talk she was probably trying to keep it together but he realized it was a lot to take in. Realizing that many women had to go through the things she did hurt her. Nobody deserves that pain.

After a small car ride the driver stopped just outside a gate aurora gave Luna a hug and kiss before placing her on the seat to get out again being met with Elijah next to him.

When they approached the gate they realized in the front the last name Gutierrez was engraved on it.

"I've always wanted a house like this" aurora smiled walking up to it trying to figure out how to open it. Elijah just pulled the gate open allowing her to follow behind her while she admired the house. "It's called a hacienda. Most wealthy people here have them; they're so beautiful they just feel like home. They allow their families to live in it or it's always the place everyone goes during vacations. It's amazing"

"It is quite beautiful" he commented once they reached the entrance she didn't want to break another door so she did what any other normal person would do and rang the doorbell waiting for someone to answer the door but instead it just opened alone.

They both exchanged looks and Elijah just held onto the girl and both of them walked in surprised that they didn't have to be invited in. They slowly made their way further in the house looking around trying to find anyone there.

Aurora was more distracted at how beautiful the house was and all the pictures on the walls but they still stuck together. Elijah didn't let her leave his sight then tbey reached a hallway with many portraits on the wall that were very big, some looked older than others but then Aurora paused having recognized one.

"This is my mother...'' Aurora breathed out trying to keep it together and instead smiled at the sight of her mother.

"She was really beautiful," a girl said, making them snap their heads towards her. "Don't worry I won't hurt you I'm not sure I can maybe you I can but him...I'd be a fool to try"

"That's smart, good," Elijah replied.

"I'm sorry everyone is not around, not that there's many of us here...I'm Ana" the girl put out her hand greeting both of them. "You're aurora correct?"

"Yes...there was this lady by the museum and she gave me the address..."

"Cecilia..." Ana frowned. "She would not shut up about you she swore you would come by she didn't want to let your mom down. I kept trying to tell her you weren't going to come by it broke her heart but to me it was great that's what kept her alive I'll make sure to stop by before she goes"

"Wait so you all know each other? Where's the coven?" Aurora questioned not following where she exactly was.

"Oh honey you do not want to step foot in there it's bad. We're the ones that get shut out, the bloodline they cursed they thought they erased us but we found a way to keep the bloodline going. Come" the girl signaled her over to a room that she opened, letting her into a library where a few kids played and some older ones read.

"So the few of you left standing kept it going?"

"Found ways to procreate anything to keep it alive I didn't get much luck since well I'm dead but the rest used magic to keep themselves alive and have children" she explained causing auroras eyes to widen.

"You're a vampire?"

"Yeah, our lovely curse got to me" Ana replied, causing Aurora to frown. "What brings you here?"

"I just wanted to find out more about the curse..." Aurora replied leaving the main factor out but she knew she had to be honest. "I want to break it"

"He got you that smitten up?" The girl looked over to Elijah who tried his hardest to remain a serious face on.

"No, because we don't deserve this, it got to me too and it was so bad that..." Aurora then paused looking at the kids. There were a few girls in the mix. "They don't deserve that before coming here I was doing this for me but now I got even more motivation to fix this for us"

"The curse can't be broken if it's not done by the original bloodline that did it but..." Ana walked over to a book shelf taking a couple of books and handing them to aurora. "This is all you need to know about it trust me I know those books by memory and look at us still cursed"

"I want to bet I'll have better chances"

"I hope you do" the girl replied but didn't sound convinced at all. "Look I thank you for stopping by but I should really get to Ceci good luck"

Ana just walked away leaving Aurora and Elijah. Aurora looked at the kids for a moment, her heart breaking even more. She thought she was the last one that had to live that nightmare but now there was more to be tortured. It was unfair.

Elijah noticed how tense the girl was and he got closer wrapping his arms around her standing behind her.

"I want to take you somewhere" he murmured close to her ear.

"You? I'm the one taking you places" she chuckled, placing her hand on his arm.

"Yeah and you did a great job that I want to go back to one of them let's go"

═════ °• •° ═════

Aurora could use a distraction that she didn't even question where they were going; it couldn't be anywhere that she didn't already know. After they got there it was already night time, something Elijah hoped to happen.

He tried to remember the way to where he wanted to go and he did. Aurora didn't even have to guess when she saw where they were. She looked over to him smiling.

"You're kidding..."

"Just go I'll meet you up there" the girl did as told and walked over to the house and he walked to the other eventually meeting up at the balcony.

Aurora took a moment to look around before he turned back to him.

"I'm guessing you want to kiss?" She said, taking his hand.

"We can just talk. I know it's been a lot today but I do want to thank you for showing me this beautiful city. It reminded me of a place I used to call home..." the man sighed looking over at the parade of people drinking and dancing.

"New Orleans...I know they're very similar" Aurora mentioned, causing him to turn to her again. "Klaus told me about how you guys used to live there"

"The place we actually built a life in the one place we felt happy in before it was taken from us" the girl placed her hand on his face trying to comfort him.

"A lot is taken from us but one thing I've learned is that we shouldn't give the universe that power, we have to take what we deserve. We all deserve to be happy and we all deserve to be loved. I want to take that back. I just want to love Elijah and I know you want to be happy so let's have that. I know it's scary but if we do it together I'm sure we can do it we just have to..."

Elijah didn't spend another second and cupped the girl's face, bringing it in to smash his lips on hers. He couldn't help it. He had been wanting to do it for the longest time ever. He just hadn't grown the courage to until now and he was not disappointed. It felt so good.

He hadn't kissed in a while without it meaning something until now. He didn't realize how much feelings he had grown for the girl until now when he could feel sparks through his body with just kissing her but then he let go realizing he didn't even know if that's what she wanted.

He pulled away a little trying to see her reaction but he couldn't tell what she was feeling at the moment.

"Aurora I am sorry..." he was interrupted by the girl kissing him this time. She was caught off guard after his kiss but she didn't mind it at all.

She didn't know when it was going to happen but she just let it come naturally and it didn't disappoint at all. The place, the timing, the person she couldn't ask for anything better.

To think she was going to just push him away and move on she wasn't even sure she could do that now. The kiss pushed her all the way in. She was in too deep now. It just felt too good.

"Oh! I am so sorry..." someone exclaimed, making both of them disconnect from each other. Aurora turned to look at the person who was there only to see the girl from earlier ana who seemed to be in distress.

"Ana, are you okay? What happened?" Aurora took a few steps forward but still kept her distance.

"Stopped by to say goodbye to Cecilia...I didn't think that the day would ever come where I had to do that I never thought you would actually show up..." Ana broke down taking a seat on a bench.

"I'm so sorry..."

"It's not your fault I don't blame her I would rather end it all then have to live with this I mean look at me! I stop here every time I come into the city! Having to remind myself that this is what ended it all..."Ana sobbed while Aurora sat next to her wanting to comfort her.

"What..."

"I'm guessing you've heard the story? I was the girl, that's what the curse did to me made me fall in love with someone I could never marry or be happy with and no matter how much we tried to fight it we couldn't! They made my father go mad and he ended up killing me! Who does that?! They're evil and we're never going to be able to fix this! They made it so we could be miserable forever"

All Aurora did was bring the girl into her arms she thought she would pull away but she didn't she just held onto her back allowing Aurora to comfort her.

Aurora looked up to Elijah with her glossy eyes. It broke her heart hearing all these stories she hated. It was once her and she couldn't stand the thought of someone going through what she did. It was awful.

She had to fix it. She couldn't let any more of them get hurt. She was going to do anything to fix the curse.

A/n- I am so proud of this omggggg I was debating what place to chose from Mexico and I'm glad I chose here because I just realized how it get so well. I've been to that city before and it is beautiful and all the stories are real like the mummies and the kissing alley except the witch part.

I'm so excited I have more and more planned for this book!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 437 14
𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑳𝑳𝑩𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑫 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒'𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑢𝑝 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 �...
76.4K 3K 16
꧁•⊹٭𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚅𝚊𝚖𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚎٭⊹•꧂ ╭┈──── ◌ೄ◌ྀ ˊˎ 𝓔𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵 (𝙖𝙙𝙟.) - 𝙚𝙭𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙙𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙣�...
163K 4.9K 27
𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬 ...𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝗎𝗉𝖾𝗋𝗇𝖺𝗍𝗎𝗋𝖺𝗅 𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗂𝖽...
47.1K 1.4K 23
The Vampire Diaries AU pretty much Finn Mikaelson x OC