Love Mended My Life

By callmeKristell

Sam has found herself at a crossroads with her career, family, and social life. She decides to travel far awa... More

1. Runaway
2. In My Head
3. Fate?
4. Hi
6. Understand My Feelings
7. I Know My Feelings
8. Voicing My Feelings
9. Hospital Visit
10. Overwhelming Thoughts
11. Unexpected Truth Spillage
12. Panic In My Arms
13. Turn-On
14. Pouring Out My Heart
15. Ex-coworker / Ex-girlfriend?
16. Icky Situation
17. Drama
18. Rough Patch
19. Piano Piece and Memory Pieces
20. Goodbye
21. I'm Happy Happy Hap- oh.
22. Hopeful Ideas
23. Too Good To Be True?

5. Stolen Glances

592 20 2
By callmeKristell

(back at the hotel) - 12:35 am - Boracay, Philippines

Sam's POV:

"Yes mama, I'm good I promise, don't worry," I assured my mom repetitively.

Nam made the huge mistake of texting her about my situation when we were at the hospital.

"Ok, yes, I promise to call you every day, yes, yes, I'll take care of my health, okay, bye mama, good night, love you too..."

Nam chuckled as I finished my phone call and I glared back at her.

"I mean you really didn't have to let her know, you're such a drama queen," I scowled

"Hey! I'm a responsible best friend, when someone is sick, you inform their loved ones. It's a rule." Nam defended herself

"I was barely sick, all that happened was I fainted, they gave me an IV of fluids and vitamins and I'm all good again, no need to inform anyone aikh"

"Anywayyy, it's good you're okay now, I'm happy, ..., Mon seemed relieved too...," Nam smiled teasingly

"Yeah, I don't how it all happened like she was just there, and I fainted, and I thought I was dreaming, that she wasn't really there, but then I woke up and she's actually here," I was still processing, remembering her face, when she was talking to me at the beach, she seemed happy to see me.

"Scooch over Sammy, I'm sleeping next to you," Nam said bringing me back to the present.

I got up to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth before jumping into bed beside Nam.

"I want to tell you," I looked over at Nam beside me, "Thank you... for ... coming, ...for me, I...I really appreciate and lov-"

"I know Sammy, I know, you're welcome, and I love you too."

She just knows me, so well. I may be not very good with words, but she gets me.

I decided to sleep the night off and see what events the coming days bring along.

....

3:10 am

I mean... are we even surprised?

Of course, I couldn't sleep. She. is. here. For the past two hours, I have repeating every detail of our interaction the past night in my head. I am nervous, excited, and terrified all at once. Crossing my fingers that this 'peace of mind' trip doesn't turn into a disaster and ruins another relationship in my life.

3rd Person POV:

After a lot of tossing and turning, Sam managed to doze off into sleep after a long, tiresome day.

...

(hotel) - 9:43 am - Boracay, Philippines

"Come onnn Sammy wake up! Let's catch the breakfast buffet before they close it." Nam urged as she tapped sleeping Sam on the shoulder. 

"I don't even eat breakfast Nam, you know this already," Sam replied.

"Uh uh uhhh nope. Not anymore. The doctor last night said you're malnourished, so, you need to start having 3 full meals every day, under my and Mon's supervision, we spoke about it yesterday."

Sam sighed and smiled in secret at the mention of Mon's name.

"Now get your ass in the shower so we can get there quick," Nam continued.

Sam, who doesn't like confrontation, did as her friend said and got ready for breakfast. She quickly did her makeup routine, she decided to go light coverage today with a little blush and mascara. For her outfit, she found a flowy ruffle beach dress colored green with a floral print. Then, she found some cute brown sandals to go with her brown leather shoulder bag. 

Mon's POV:

It's 10 am right now so I'm thinking Sam must've gotten enough rest to wake up now. I want to check on her and make sure she has breakfast so that yesterday's issue doesn't repeat itself. I dropped her off at her room door last night when we got back from the hospital, so I still remember her room number. 

*knock, knock*

Nam opened the door and I noticed Sam behind her putting her sandals on as she sat on the bed.

"Good morning Mon!" Nam greeted me full of energy.

"Morning Nam," I replied, I looked back at Sam and smiled at her... she looks so... cute.

"How are you feeling this morning Sam?" 

"I uh I am good, I'm feeling like I need coffee," Sam said with a chuckle, and my stomach flipped.

She looks so cute in her girly dress and her sandals and purse, and the light makeup just makes her look so fresh and natural. Her body fit the dress flawlessly, every curve taking exactly the perfect position. I caught myself staring and looked back at her eyes. She just smiled. And my stomach flipped again. okay. How will I be having breakfast now with all this stomach action?

"Okay since Sam is ready now, let's all head to breakfast shall we?" Nam spoke up bringing us back to reality, "Mon did you have breakfast yet?" she continued as we headed towards the restaurant.

"No not yet, I came to check on Sam first, I told my brother and Yuki that I'll join them later," I answered. 

"Ah okay," Nam nodded.

"Thank you for coming to check on me, and ..., for last night, for coming to the hospital as well, you didn't have to, thank you, for being there," Sam said as she looked at me sincerely.

"No problem :)" was all I could say as my heart sped up when her eyes met mine.

After walking for a few minutes, we reached the hotel restaurant and reached the outdoor seating area. I spotted the small table that Yuki and Rich were at and waved at them. 

"Oh there they are, let's go say hi Sam," Nam said.

We all went to high school together at some point, except my brother and Nam were a year older than us. As they engaged in small talk and conversation, I sort of got lost in Sam and her face. She was speaking to my brother about some economic event that happened in Britain recently, and she was smiling and laughing. Meanwhile, my heart was just going boom boom boom.

"Okay we'll see you guys around, good luck with the expansion plans and work stuff," they said their goodbyes and headed to another table a couple of feet away from us. 

"Here, I got you a plate with all the breakfast foods you like," Yuki said as she handed me a full plate with a cup of orange juice.

"Aww thank you, love you," I smiled in appreciation. My bestie is so thoughtful, but also I need to finish breakfast quickly so we can head to our meeting with one of our potential clients. Hence why Nam and Sam couldn't join us at the same table. 

As I ate my breakfast, I kept glancing at her. Her back is facing me, but still. At first, I just wanted to make sure she was eating breakfast and not just having coffee. But then, I just kept stealing glances at her. I don't know why. She was just very pretty today. 

"Okay miss, I think you need to go easy on the stares," Yuki caught me.

*cough* "Um I'm not I'm not staring, just making sure she's okay, she was in a hospital bed just last night you know..." I tried to sound convincing.

"Oh she looks more than okay, she looks beautiful actually, just like the old days. Besides, her best friend is with her, you don't have to worry about her," Richard spoke up.

"Mhmm," I said as I finished up my orange juice. I decided to ignore his comment on her beauty, I know she's beautiful, everyone knows. Just don't want to think of the possibility of him having a crush on her. 

"Okay let's head to this meeting," I said and cut my thoughts short; so, we got up and headed to the car so we can get to the client's office.

I stole one last glance at her before leaving and Nam saw me this time, I just smiled at her and boosted out of there.

Sam's POV:

"Yo she's been looking at you the whole time bahahah," Nam chuckled as she teased me about Mon.

"Nam, be chill, be cool, and don't. lie. to me." 

"I am not lyinggg hahaha she's really glancing at you every few minutes," Nam said in a serious tone.

I smirked a bit and continued my breakfast. Then I heard some movement behind me. They're leaving for their work meeting. I recognized her scent as she passed the table behind me; she still uses the same perfume from 6 years ago. Her scent is very unique, I can spot it anywhere.

"Hhahahahaa she was looking at you and I caught her! She smiled at me and basically speed walked out of here," Nam said as she laughed out loud, "Ah man, kids these days, young love is adorable."

"Nam! Don't mention the L word, we don't believe in that remember? Only broken hearts and tragedies," I said jokingly.

"Wai oh calm down, I believe in love," Nam defended.

"She looks so pretty today right? Like her business outfit, mhm, on point. A simple, full black pantsuit with black loafers but she still manages to make it look so good," I spoke with admiration.

"Yeah she looks good, anyway, what would you like to do today? I want to swim in that pool by the bar, it looks so nice," Nam suggested.

"Yeah we can swim, but can we make it later in the day? For now, we can tour the island and visit this market I saw on Instagram, it looks so amazing. We'll shop for some things, have lunch in this seafood restaurant I found online, and then come back for a swim and drink by the pool?" 

"Oooh sounds nice, okay plan secured," Nam replied excitedly.

We finished up breakfast and headed to the car so we can start with our outing.

----------

new chapter!

Input and comments are appreciated!,,, thanks for reading :)

-k

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 3.6K 22
Becky, a last year college student who fall for a professor, Freen Sarocha. Their journey is going to unfold with time. Many obstacle or difficulty m...
24.4K 1.2K 26
Rebecca Armstrong wanted to become a movie director. She fell in love with Sam, a total stranger. When their love started to sprout, Sam disappeared...
80.8K 3.5K 37
** I fell in love with GAP the series and loved the actress that played in this series. This is purely fan fiction and hope you like and follow the s...
442K 26.3K 138
A 20 years old girl meet a 33 old woman, who's also a widower and had a 3 years old son. What happened if their fate crossed and becoming one only to...