In My Dreams, You Love Me Back

By lovely2431

Lisa realized she was in love with her best friend. Her best friend gets a boyfriend. "Things won't change... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Final Chapter
Epilogue
New Story! OUT NOW!

Chapter 4 (re-published)

9.2K 522 66
By lovely2431

(Updated)

So, this is what a college party looked like, she thought to herself.

The moment Lisa entered the house, she was welcomed with the loud beat of the speakers banging her ear drums. She grimaced. She closed the door behind her and looked around. The house was annoyingly packed with loud college students being rowdy and taking shots while recording on their Snapchat, as if to show off their weekends.

Don't they realize the friends they have online are at the party too?

Lisa then looked over at a crowd dancing and singing along to the songs and she smiled because there Irene was on the table singing with the crowd happily. However, as she looked at the crowd again she saw Jennie.

She didn't know why her heart fluttered seeing the brunette. Maybe it was the way her eyes were squinted cutely, or her wide gummy smile she used to adore being on display or the way she brushed her loose curls. No, it was the way she looked free. She had not seen that look in a long time.

"Lisa!!"

Lisa looked back to Irene and giggled seeing her waving excitedly. She was definitely drunk. She waved back and naturally looked back at Jennie, only this time, she was looking right back.

Jennie must have noticed her the moment Irene practically shouted her name. The brunette smiled lightly and tipped her head. Lisa nearly did the same till Irene rushed through the crowd and stood in front of her, blocking any view of Jennie.

"You're here!!" She dragged the last word as she rested her hands on Lisa's shoulders, trying to stabilize herself.

Yup, definitely drunk.

"You're late," she pouted. Lisa laughed and placed her hands on her waist, trying to steady the poor drunk girl,

"I'm sorry, I had to finish up some school work. But, I could see you're already having fun," Lisa teased. Irene gasped and shook her head wildly,

"I'm not having fun at all," she drunkenly slurred, "Especially since you weren't here." She's cute, Lisa thought.

Just then, Irene grabbed Lisa's hand, "Let's go dance!" Lisa had no time to even say no because she wanted to find her roommate first but Irene was a strong woman, literally. Because one second she was standing a few feet away from the crowd and the next she was in the middle of it.

She looked over Irene and caught the eyes of Chaeyoung's and Jisoo's. They were drinking by the corner and watching Lisa in amusement. Lisa playfully shrugged before dancing with Irene, mentally reminding herself to give the poor girl some water and crackers.

After a few minutes however, she noticed an odd look on Irene. By odd, she meant, angry.

"What's wrong?" Lisa asked. Irene shook her head and pulled her closer, still having her sight on something else,

"Nothing! Just dance with me!"

Lisa followed her gaze.

Something? More like someone.

Lisa saw Seulgi dancing with Joy, one of her classmates. A little too friendly. Seulgi looked back at Irene before sighing and looking away again. Lisa recognized the look in Seulgi's eyes.

And when she looked back down at Irene, she finally recognized the jealousy in hers. That was when realization struck her once more.

She smiled sadly, the reason Seulgi looked at her oddly the last time was because she was jealous of Lisa. Seulgi had feelings for Irene. And from the murderous look in Irene's eyes, Irene had feelings for Seulgi too. She just didn't know.

She looked up again and saw Jennie dancing with her boyfriend, giggling happily as he pulled her closer to him.

She knew the pain all too well. So, she was not going to let it happen to somebody else. Lisa took Irene's wrist, surprising the brunette as Lisa began to drag her to Seulgi.

"What are you doing?" Irene shouted over the music. Lisa said nothing, just marched right up to Seulgi. Seulgi looked at her in confusion,

"What's up?" She immediately stopped dancing with Joy and gave her full attention to Irene. Her whole body facing her and her alone. Lisa felt even more determined to help Seulgi,

"Irene needs water and some food!"

"What? No I do–!" Lisa grabbed her and gently pushed her to Seulgi,

"I have to go use the restroom so can you help her?" She gave Suelgi a look and maybe she understood because she was no longer looking at Lisa with pain, she looked at her with a soft grateful smile. Gently, she took hold Irene's hand,

"Sure." Irene was quietly staring at their hands together and Lisa wanted to squeal with how cute they looked but of course all she did was smile and walk out of the crowd. She rushed over to Chaeyoung and Jisoo and practically jumped on them tightly,

"I couldn't breathe in there," the Thai whined, "I need a drink," she huffed, pulling away and taking Jisoo's beer.

"Hey!" Jisoo whined.

"Playing cupid now?" Chaeyoung asked, eyeing Lisa in curiosity. Lisa smirked,

"I don't know what you mean," she responded before chugging the beer down. Jisoo chuckled,

"Slow down Lali."

Everything became a blur from there.

She knew she was sobering up however when she found herself on the couch, staring at Tzuyu. Tzuyu was talking about something, she just couldn't remember. Not wanting to be rude, Lisa just nodded,

"Right."

But she was distracted by her pretty shirt. It was such a pretty shirt. She should tell her that.

"Oh," Tzuyu looked down at her shirt before smiling at Lisa, "Thanks! It was on sale!"

Wait. I think Lisa already said it. Yup, Lisa was still drunk.

"I'm gonna get some air," Lisa slurred, standing up and giggling as she stumbled a bit. She tried taking a few steps but she found herself gasping as she nearly fell to the floor if it weren't for hands suddenly gripping her waist.

"Careful!"

Lisa gasped, shivering as the hands touched her skin. She shouldn't have worn a crop top. Her reaction was noticeable because the person holding her flinched slightly. Lisa sighed in content, however, because the hands felt soft. She had to let the person know she liked how soft they were.

"I like your skin," Lisa mumbled.

Wait, that's not what she was supposed to say. What was she supposed to say again? Oh, stars!

She sighed in content when she realized she was outside the house, laying on the grass.

"Jisoo, can you bring Lisa some water? We're outside. Okay. Thanks."

Lisa looked to her left and watched the person place their phone in their pocket. Their hair was covering their face. Lisa smiled, reaching up to twirl the ends of the strangers hair. It was very pretty.

The action startled the person and suddenly the person wasn't a stranger. It was Jennie.

"Jennieeeeee!"

Jennie smiled slightly at the sight of drunk Lisa. Her cheeks were flushed and her eyes were dazed. The raven haired girl was a cute drunk. Lisa continued to twirl the ends of her hair, an action that surprised her. Lisa smiled at her, tilting one corner of her mouth,

"Hi."

Jennie giggled lightly, stretching her legs out as she sat next to Lisa who was laying flat on her back.

"Hi," she responded a little quieter than before.

Lisa changed, she realized. There was an obvious difference in her that everyone who once knew her would be able to notice. She held herself differently than before.

Lisa used to seem at ease, so carefree. Now she always looked strained. It unnerved Jennie because the only time she was strained was when Jennie was around.

Not to mention, she had jet black hair. Jennie had to admit that she preferred this hair color. Lisa looked more elegant and just...well, even more beautiful. Granted she had always looked beautiful in Jennie's eyes. But, this kind of beauty felt different to her.

"You're pretty," Lisa suddenly spoke, removing Jennie from her thoughts. And Jennie's eyes widened.

Since when was Lisa sitting up and since when was her face that close to hers. She blushed from the lack of distance. Especially with the way Lisa's drunk eyes analyzed every single detail of her face.

Her eyes always did that back then. This time the only difference was, Jennie found herself struggling to breathe properly. She blamed the alcohol.

This was Lisa. This cute drunk girl was Lisa. So, why was it so difficult to calm her heart.

"But," Lisa suddenly said, pulling away and looking sadder by the second. Jennie felt desperate to see her smile again.

"But what?" Jennie asked, noticing the strain in her own voice.

"You're also mean," she pouted before laying back down. Jennie's heart clenched. Lisa was right. She was cruel.

"I know and I'm sorry," Jennie said, laying down as well, but on her side so she could look at Lisa. She felt an odd need to do that. She rested the side of her head on her palm and looked at the sadness she created on her beautiful ex best friend.

"Do you mean it?" Lisa turned her face to stare at Jennie. And Jennie nodded, not trusting her voice. She was struggling to breathe again just from the look in Lisa's doe eyes. Jennie always loved her eyes. Lisa looked at the stars again,

"Then prove it."

And Jennie was determined to prove it . And be friends again. She needed that, more than she realized.

Lisa sighed deeply. The grass felt soft beneath her and there were so many stars tonight. She felt giddy. She was staring up at the stars with Jennie and Jennie is very very pretty. She looked to her side and noticed Jennie staring at her from where she laid. She blushed deeply,

"Staring is caring," Lisa muttered. Jennie furrowed her brows before playfully rolling her eyes,

"It's sharing is caring, Lisa," she giggled and the sound was heavenly to Lisa. "If you were trying to say staring is rude then I'm sorry." Drunk Lisa was the cutest, Jennie thought.

Lisa didn't know why Jennie was staring at her like that, it was making her feel fuzzy though. The drunk girl smiled,

"Irene told me the same thing when I was staring at her." Jennie hummed in response,

"It's hard not to, she is very pretty," Jennie muttered with a playful eye roll. She too would find herself under Irene's spell sometimes.

"I like it when you stare," Lisa suddenly said.

Jennie raised a brow, her lip curling into a playful smirk. She was highly amused yet she felt odd. The sound of her heartbeat was erratic. It must be the beers.

"I thought you said it was rude?" She asked and Lisa simply shrugged,

"Not when you're a pretty girl."

Jennie's eyes widened and the Thai could have sworn she was blushing.

"She is so drunk." A voice suddenly appeared. Lisa looked over and smiled,

"Jisooooooo!"

Jennie sat up smiled up at Jisoo,

"Extremely."

Jisoo laughed and handed Jennie a water bottle and some chips before sitting down on the other side of Lisa. She watched how Jennie carefully took care of Lisa and how she spoke softly to the girl as she fed her one chip at a time. It left her in wonder. But she won't speak out her questions just yet. It wasn't the time.

"Jisoo," Lisa muttered, wiping the crumb off her face, "Did you know Jennie and I used to be best friends in high school?" Jisoo met Jennie's widened eyes while nodding,

"Yes, I'm aware."

Lisa gasped. "How did you know?" Lisa needed answers. Like, why were trees green and not blue? "Are you a spy?"

Lisa was sitting up now and staring at Jisoo and her cute face. She had a cute face.

"You have a face."

That was definitely not what she wanted to say.

"Okay, roomie," Chaeyoung suddenly appeared, "I think it's time to head back to the dorms. Let's go."

"Need help getting her up?" Taehyung was also there. Lisa smiled up at him,

"Hey buddy!"

He laughed and he and Chaeyoung carefully lifted her up to her feet. But she pouted, she didn't want to go to bed. She had yet to count all the stars in Jennie's eyes.

"But I want to stay with Jennie!" Lisa whined. It wasn't fair. Why couldn't Jennie hang out with her more? "We're best friends."

She was too drunk to notice all their awkward glances towards Jennie. She was frozen in her stance.

"Wait," Lisa looked up in thought, "We're not best friends anymore!" She sighed and looked down. "I forgot."

The sight hurt Jennie more than she realized. (Realization had really struck her that night.)

"Come on Lis," Chaeyoung wrapped the drunk girl's arm over her shoulder while eyeing Jennie curiously, "Let's go to our dorms."

Taehyung gently placed his hand on Jennie's arm,

"I'm going to make sure they get back safely okay? Call me when you get back to your dorm with Chu," he whispered before placing a sweet kiss on her forehead. Jennie sighed and closed her eyes.

"Okay," she whispered, having no strength to... well, feel.

He squeezed her shoulder before helping Chaeyoung walk with Lisa. And all Jennie could do was open her eyes and watch a certain girl– and only her, walk away.

Jisoo sighed and draped her arm over Jennie,

"You okay?" She asked. Jennie rested her head on the side of Jisoos,

"Not really."

They began to walk away.

"What's on your mind?" Jisoo asked despite knowing the answer. She knew Jennie needed to say it out loud and basically throw it at the universe.

"I really messed up chu." Another statement Jisoo knew. "And..." she hesitated.

"And what?"

"And I really really miss her."

A/N: I decided to add what was originally in the next episode in this episode.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462K 8.8K 200
"Hubby, I don't want anymore, I feel terrible..." "Baby, be good, finish up this medicine." The handsome man embraces the woman in his arms, coaxing...
233K 4.2K 58
Jennie is a succesful fashion editor living with her fiance Kai. On a night out with her bestfriend name Jisoo, she will meet this gorgeous blonde na...
157K 3.1K 32
Jennie and Lisa broke up because Lisa caught Jennie cheating on her. 3 months later Jennie and her boyfriend broke up because Jennie knew that her bo...
624K 11K 28
Wherein JENLISA became a trending always and catches up a lot of attention. YG then decided to stop it by spreading the news of jennie and kai dating...