The Journey of the Illusory S...

By PulgaSenpai

Warning - Blood scenes In a fantasy world filled with magic and dangers, our protagonist, a young swordsman n... More

Chapter 1: The Swordsman's Promise
Chapter 2: Destiny's Threads
Chapter 3: The Deserted City: Dark Tunnels and Treacherous Confrontations
Chapter 4: The Fiery Battle
Chapter 5 : The city - Excalibur
Chapter 6 - Future Plans
Chapter 7 - Emerald Cave
Chapter 8 - The Night City
Chapter 9 - BERE
Chapter 10: The Battle of Illusions
Chapter 11 - Goodbyes
Chapter 12 - Mizugameza
Chapter 13 - Wisdom Pages
Chapter 14 - Aquarius
Chapter 15 - Dream
Chapter 16 - Past
Chapter 18 - Sacrifice
Chapter 19 - The Funeral
Chapter 20 - Kingdom of the Elves
Chapter 21 - The Mask of Hikari
Chapter 22 - The King's Festival
Chapter 23 - The Final Journey
Chapter 24 - The Demon King
Chapter 25 - The Rebirth
Thank you

Chapter 17 - Hi

6 1 0
By PulgaSenpai

The next morning, the sunlight bathed the campsite, accompanied by the sweet songs of birds and the gentle sound of fish jumping in the lake. With a smile on her face, Hikari woke up and exclaimed, "Well, let's hit the road!" And so they did, setting off on their journey in the days to come, with some strategic stops to rest, eat, and tend to Hiro's wounds.

During the nights, they gathered around the campfire, sharing stories, laughter, and dreams. Each member of the group had a unique tale to tell, and in doing so, they learned from one another and found strength in their unity.

After leaving the sanctuary, Hiro asked Hikari, "Are we still far from reaching our destination?"

Hikari, with a smile on her face, replied, "I believe we'll arrive today itself. Hi is an incredible city, renowned for its constant sunlight."

With the carriage guiding them, the group continued towards Hi, eager to explore the city where the sun never set. The path was filled with magnificent landscapes, and the daylight illuminated every detail, creating a magical and welcoming atmosphere.

As they approached the city, they could see the tall towers and opulent buildings that characterized Hi. It was an impressive sight, and everyone was awestruck by the beauty of the place.

Finally, at dusk, they crossed the gates of Hi. The city bustled with the movement of people and commerce. The vibrant colors of the buildings contrasted with the blue sky, and flowers adorned the streets.

Hiro, Hikari, King, and Ace stepped down from the carriage and began to explore the city. They walked through the busy streets, marveling at the culture and unique architecture of Hi.

As they ventured through the city, they noticed that the sunlight didn't diminish, and Hiro asked aloud, "Will the sun not even decrease a bit? It was almost nighttime when we arrived, and now it seems like morning again..."

A citizen of Hi, upon hearing Hiro's words, intervened with a drawn-out voice and a look of admiration, "The city of Hi has been like this ever since the God of our city descended from the heavens! It was a magical moment for everyone in the city."

The group was fascinated by this revelation. Learning about the divine intervention that made Hi a city forever bathed in sunlight added to the aura of mystery surrounding the place.

Curious, they inquired further about the God of the city and the history of Hi. The citizen, happy to share his culture and traditions, told them about the myths and legends surrounding the city's origins.

According to the legend, Hi was initially a small village hidden deep within a forest. For centuries, the villagers lived in harmony with nature and the beings that inhabited the forest.

One day, a divine being known as the God of the Sun descended from the heavens and visited the village. Their presence brought a bright and warm light that illuminated the entire region. The God of the Sun blessed the village with their light and promised to protect it always, as long as the inhabitants cared for the balance between nature and the city.

Thus, Hi became a unique city, where the sun never set, and the residents lived in perfect communion with the divine light and energy of the God of the Sun. The city thrived and became a center of knowledge, culture, and commerce.

Hiro and his friends listened to the story with fascination, feeling even more drawn to the mystery and magic of Hi. They thanked the kind citizen for the information and continued exploring the city, marveling at each detail and the feeling of being in a truly special place.

After the citizen departed, Hiro and his companions looked more closely at the people around them, curious about the God of the Sun who had blessed the city of Hi. As they observed, they noticed that every person, without exception, seemed tired and exhausted due to the constant light bathing the city. Some had deep dark circles under their eyes and moved slowly.

Suddenly, a woman who was walking ahead of the group stumbled and fell to the ground. Concerned, Hiro and his friends rushed to her aid. Hikari quickly checked the woman's vital signs as Ace licked her face, trying to wake her up.

The woman slowly opened her eyes and looked at the group weakly. Hiro asked with compassion, "What happened? Are you okay?"

The woman responded with difficulty, "It's the lack of energy... All of us... are suffering. The God of the Sun... grants us light and life... but also consumes our strength..."

Hikari looked surprised and questioned, "What do you mean? The God of the Sun gives us life, but also takes away our energy?"

The woman nodded, explaining that the incessant sunlight prevented people from getting proper rest. Without the darkness and natural pause that night provided, their bodies couldn't fully recover, and everyone faced constant physical and emotional exhaustion.

Upon hearing that, the group grew concerned about the well-being of the city's people. They realized that, despite the beauty and magic of the place, the blessing of the God of the Sun also brought challenges and undesirable consequences.

Hiro said determinedly, "We need to find a way to help these people. Perhaps this Sun god is not as divine as people think..."

Hikari agreed, adding, "Yes, we need to find a way for these people to rest again."

King chimed in, saying, "But it's no use going after him or seeking more information if we don't rest for a bit. We've been traveling for three days; we need to stop and recharge our energies."

Hiro was surprised by King's cleverness and couldn't resist teasing, "Hikari, Ace, I can't believe the rat can think so much, ahah!"

In response, King jumped from Hikari's shoulder to Hiro's hair and, with his unique ability, tied a bow with the boy's hair. Then, he returned to Hikari's shoulder, sticking out his tongue playfully and eliciting laughter from Hikari and Ace.

"You look quite elegant, master!" Ace said, enjoying the situation.

Hikari continued laughing, while Hiro, feeling a bit embarrassed and amused, said, "You'll see, King, when I catch you!"

Hikari suggested, "Well, boys, let's find a place to rest for a bit." They all agreed promptly, knowing that taking a break to recharge their energies was essential to continue their journey.

They walked through the bustling streets of Hi, marveling at the city's unique architecture that never experienced nightfall. The houses had vibrant colors and intricate designs, while lush gardens adorned every corner.

With the sun still high in the sky, they spotted a cozy tavern near the central square. They entered the tavern, and the atmosphere was lively and welcoming. The place was filled with people, sharing laughter and stories while enjoying their drinks and meals. The aroma of delicious dishes filled the air, making their stomachs growl with hunger.

Hikari spotted an empty table in a quieter corner, away from the bustle, and suggested to the group, "Let's sit there to rest a bit and enjoy a good meal."

They sat at the table, and soon a friendly server approached to take their orders. Everyone chose delicious dishes and revitalizing drinks to replenish their energies.

While waiting for the food, Hikari decided to resume the conversation about the city of Hi and the God of the Sun. "What do you think might be causing this exhaustion in everyone? Could the God of the Sun have something to do with it?"

Hiro pondered the question while stroking Ace's head. "It's hard to say, but it might be related to the Signs of Light..."

King and Ace, always vigilant, kept their eyes watchful around them, ensuring they were safe amid the bustling tavern. Soon, the dishes arrived, and the food was as delicious as it smelled. They ate voraciously, replenishing their energies and strengthening themselves for the next stage of the journey.

After satisfying their hunger, Hiro called the server again to inquire about the available rooms in the tavern. With a friendly smile, the server replied, "Yes, we have two rooms available for the night. Can I reserve them for you?"

Hiro looked at Hikari, and she nodded in agreement. "Yes, please reserve the two rooms for us," Hiro said, thanking the server.

The server nodded and booked the rooms for the group. While waiting, they took the opportunity to rest a little longer in the tavern, observing the surroundings and enjoying the cozy atmosphere.

When it was time to rest, the server led Hiro and Hikari to the reserved rooms, which were comfortable and well-decorated. Hiro thanked the server again for the hospitality and bid him farewell.

Inside the rooms, Hikari and Hiro expressed gratitude for the hospitality of the city of Hi and settled down to rest. Ace and King, exhausted, found their usual spots and soon fell asleep by their masters' sides.

Before falling asleep in the room, Hiro and Ace placed the magical letter on a table. As they settled in to rest, without realizing it, the letter began to glow softly, indicating that Arthur had already responded.

However, everyone was so exhausted from their day's adventures that they didn't notice the letter's glow. Weariness won, and they drifted off to sleep without the opportunity to see Arthur's message's contents.

While Hiro and his friends enjoyed a well-deserved slumber, the letter continued to glow softly in the dimness of the room, eager to reveal what Arthur had to say. But the mystery would have to wait.

What did Arthur discover?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49 0 20
In the medieval fantasy kingdom, Rowan, an earnest young hero driven by duty, trains diligently to become a formidable swordsman while keeping his se...
136 10 15
This story is about a person named Jak who is jaded by his previous life on Earth. Doing the same task every day, every year with no variation, until...
55 10 21
Rin grew up convinced he didn't have an ounce of labia in him-the magic that binds all life together. But after surviving a brutal attack that left h...