CLAIMED BY THE ALPHA

By princessreign297

All she ever wanted was a normal life. But Caden is anything but normal. Unmated, unmatched, and the Alpha of... More

LET ME IN.
STAY
ALL OR NOTHING
THE RIVAL
FALLING FOR ME
FAMILY REUNION
NOT AGAIN
TRAITOR
SLEEP WITH ME
MY POWERS
THE TRUTH
A WHOLE NEW WORLD
🌶️BURNING DESIRE🌶️
AMBUSH
🌶️OUT OF THE ASHES🌶️
STRONGER TOGETHER
🌶️NO ESCAPE🌶️

ONE OF US

235 5 0
By princessreign297

ARABELLA'S P.O.V

“The pack is under attack. We need to move. Now!”

“Will we get there in time? It’s not exactly right around the corner. We might get there and…”

“All the more reason to leave now. Now, let’s go. We can’t waste anymore time.” Caden takes my hand, and we rush as fast as we can back to the pack house.

The entry hall to Caden’s estate is a scene of chaos and carnage. A handful of wolves lay brutally wounded at the base of the main stairs, liquid crimson pooling beneath them.

“My God…”

“So kind of you to join us, Arabella.” Damon says, standing at the top of the stairs, leering down at me. “I started the party without you. Hope you don’t mind.” Raising his fist, I see he’s clutching someone by the hair.

Juno.

It’s clear from the numerous wounds dotting her body that she’s on her last legs.

“Damon, let Juno go. Right now!” I seeth.

“But we’re just getting started. You’re no fun.”

“Let her go or so help me God.”

“And let her miss out on all I have planned? I don’t think so.”

“Shut up and fight me, Damon.” Even wounded, Juno does her best to land a blow on Damon.

“Want to get right to it I see. Fine. Have it your way warrior princess.” Damon moves with blistering speed, meeting Juno’s charge half way, hitting her hard in the side. A sickening crack sounds out as Juno drops to the ground.

“Juno!”

“You fucking bastard!” Caden says charging forward but two wolves jump in to block his path.

Snarling, Caden fights to get past the two wolves holding him down but he isn’t capable.

“Oh, I’m going to enjoy this.” Damon slams Juno up against the window, cracking the glass in the process with the force of his thrust.

“Arabella…” I can see the silent plea for help in Juno’s voice as she struggles under Damon’s firm grip. Damon then raises a hand, grasping a broken shard of glass.

“No! Juno!” Caden shouts.

I have lived my whole life feeling like I don’t fit in and now that I found the missing puzzle in my life. Now that I have found my family, I will not let anything take that away from me again. With anger, I charge forward letting my rage and adrenaline take hold before giving over to them entirely. My skin ripples, my bones crack with an excruciating pain as I shift in a brilliant display of fur and fangs as I slam into Damon full force.

With a mighty snap of my jaw, I dig my fangs into Damon’s shoulder, tasting blood as I break his skin. He groans in pain as he drops Juno. Juno scrambles to her feet, moving forward to help me.

‘No! Get out of here. You’re no help injured’ While I can’t speak the words in this form, the flash of determination in my lupine eyes says it all.

“Fine, but if things change, I’m coming back for you. Thanks, Arabella.” 

Soon after Juno runs away from the scene, with a burst of strength, Damon throws me backwards, rising to his feet with a hideous snarl.

“Not a bad hit, girlie. Maybe you’ll prove yourself a good match for me yet.” I shift back meeting Damon’s furious glare.

“Not if I tear you apart first.” I counter and before I can say anything else, another cry of pain echoes through the entry hall.

“Get off of me, mutt!” I see Kit backed deep into a corner, three enemy wolves closing in on him.

“Kit!” Kit’s mate, Arden, runs for him but Damon knocks her out fast with a bloody laugh.

“This could all have been avoided if you’d just come quietly, Arabella. Now you’ve gone and forced me to do something nasty.”

“This is between you and me. Let the others go.” I plead.

“Oh, but hurting your friends is the only thing that seems to get you to listen.” I try to charge forward but he moves to block my path. His body stretches and grows before finally his wolf form takes shape before me.

Suddenly, Caden leaps forward, shifting mid air to sink his fangs into Damon’s fur. I move to help Caden but his golden eyes flash with clear message.

‘Don’t.’

“Caden let me help you.” His sleek black wolf shakes his head at my plea, squaring off with Damon.

With my paw now free, I sprint for the wolves cornering Kit.

“Stop!” The wolves turn to me with snapping, snarling jaws.

“Arabella, stay back. It’s not safe for you.” Kit says.

Something just then churns in my stomach. Not quite fear and not quite rage. This fight has started with me a long time ago. So, I’ll be the one to end it.

It feels like the tranquility of the forest, wisdom of the trees that have stood longer than any other living thing. My eyes flash green, and words seem to form on their own in my mouth: a command ushered from somewhere ancient inside me. Something like…an Alpha command.

“Hey, assholes…I said stop.” The three enemy wolves lock in place as though something immensely strong has stopped them in their tracks. That’s new.

I can feel them straining against my command, but their bodies won’t obey. Damon shifts back down to human form, his face contorted in rage and confusion at what is going on.

“Why are you three listening to her? She’s not your Alpha.” Damon spit out in anger.

“Yeah? Then why did they listen to her?” Kits retorts trying to sit up, clutching a wound at his side flashing a rebellious grin. “You felt her words in your bones. Just like me.”

“Arabella, you did that?” Caden stares at me, mesmerized while Damon swears under his breath.

“Enough of this! Kill that loud mouth. Now!” Damon’s Alpha command pounds through the room with the force of a tidal wave. His three lackies turn back to Kit, their teeth bared and ready to attack. 

I can’t let him win. I won’t let him hurt any more of Caden’s family on my behalf so, I fight through the exhaustion, rising to my full height and forcing out one final command.

“All of you…kill your leader.” I feel the words rocket through the bodies of dozens of wolves as they shiver under the weight of my command immediately turning on Damon.

“What? Don’t you—don’t you dare!” The wolves stalk Damon, baring razor sharp teeth and the threat of death in their eyes.

“Run for your life, Damon. They look hungry for blood.”

“You bitch!” He curses, turning tail and charges off at a sprint. His wolves lunge at him, chasing him out of the pack house and into the woods.

“Huh. I wonder if they’ll actually kill him.”

“They won’t be able to. But they’ll definitely injure him and chase him all the way back to his camp.” Caden says, turning back to me, awestruck.

“You saved us, Arabella. How were you able to--?”

“I don’t know. The words just…came out.” Caden appraises me silently for a moment then he pulls me into a sweeping hug, burying his face in my hair.

“Thank you.”

The silence that follows Damon’s carnage is palpable. Wounded members of Caden’s clan line the floors and those still standing try their best to tend to their fallen.

“Caden this is all my fault. This wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for me.” I blame myself.

“No. None of this is your fault. It’s--”

“No! Kit!” Caden is interrupted by a screaming Arden. We rush to the next room where Kit is draped across the table. Arden cradles him in her arms, a pool of red spreads quickly over his torso.

“No! Kit, come on. Get up. Please get up.”

“Hey, come on, no tears. I …I did good, okay?” Kit comforts his mate.

Caden and I rush to Kit’s side, as James, the clan doctor, pushes past Arden.

“Out of the way. He needs treatment. Now.” He peels back Kit’s clothes to reveal a deep gash in his side. On an ordinary human, injuries like this would be fatal but he’s not human, so maybe the doctor really can save him, maybe there’s some shifter magic I don’t know about. But still, the look on the doctor’s face doesn’t look good.

“James, there has to be something I can do. Herbs to gather, or I can help get him to the hot spring?” I offer my help but the doctor just shakes his head.

“It’s best to leave it to me. The only thing that can save Kit now is surgery.” The doctor announces.

This is all my fault. Damon wouldn’t have been here at all if I’d just agree to be his mate. I’m a coward.

James carries Kit away and Arden stands and turns to me, a serious look in her eyes. It’s not just her. The whole pack seems to be watching me now, appraising me from across the entry hall. Just when I thought I could fit in.

“Arden…I’m so sorry. If I had just done better, fought harder, gotten here faster, I--” I start only to be interrupted.

“Stop.” She says, and then, all at once, she pulls me into a crushing hug. “Thank you. Thank you for helping when you did. If you hadn’t been here, it would have been so much worse.”

“What?” This wasn’t the reaction I was quite expecting, given I’m the cause of all things chaotic around here.

“What you did with the wolves…commanding them with your voice…” Juno, Arden even Koda…they all step forward, looking at me with newfound respect. “You save us in more ways than one, Arabella.”

“Saved you? No, this was my fault. If it weren’t for my father, my bloodline, none of this--” The fact that they see me as a hero and nothing else is overwhelming. I am the cause of all of this. 

“No, Arabella. I know we’ve been hard on you in the past, but you’ve proven yourself.” Beau cuts me short of my sentence.

“Yes. You’ve earned your place in this pack.” Everett goes next.

“You’re one of us!” Koda too chimes.

“That is as long as the Alpha agrees?” All eyes turn to Caden. He stands tall amongst his people, his sharp eyes trained directly on me. His eyes filled with love, respect and passion.

“Yes. It’s time we bring Arabella into the pack properly.” The gathered shifters cheer and applaud at Caden’s confirmation.  Koda runs up to me and takes my hand.

“Come on!” He stick out his hand for me and I gladly accept.

“What’s going on?”

“It’s time for your initiation. Time for you to dwell and truly become a member of our pack.” Caden explains just before Koda drags me upstairs to my bedroom, where Everett is already waiting with two garment bags on the bed.

“So, what’s happening exactly?” My confusion is all over the place.

“Our Alpha has declared you worthy of an initiation. This is no small thing. Trust me.” Everett tries his best to explain, putting his hand on my shoulder, a twinkle shining in his kind eyes. “I’m not sure human society has an equivalent to this, Arabella. It is a ritual conducted under the full moon that binds you to each of us on a spiritual level.”

“That sounds like a big commitment.” I mumble.

“It is, but it’s worth it. It tethers us to each other as though we are a real family. As though we are one.”

“Like a real family?”

“Yes. But you have to look the part, for starters.” I turn to see Caden leaning against the door and I almost forget to breathe. His slick, lean body is adorned in the finery of his people with leather straps wraps tight across his bulging pecs.

“These dresses here…” He says, walking deeper into the room, running a hand over the garment bags.

“These were made by my great great grandmother. Passed down for ceremonies such as this.” He explains. I can see it in his eyes how much this means to him.

“Really? They must be really special to you.”

“Very. They’ve only been worn by the women in my family.”

“What?”

“Each family passes down ritual clothing, worn by a wolf on the day of their initiation.” Everett elaborates.

“I get to have my initiation in five years!” Koda excitedly exclaims.

“So, Caden…you want me to…”

“Wear the clothes promised for my family?” He finishes my sentence, coming closer, tucking a stray of hair behind my ear.

“Yeah. If you’ll accept them.” I take a look at the dresses, one coral green feathered dress and black leather strips dress. It’s a tough choice, I mean I like both of them but looking back at Caden, I think it’s better I take the one made of leather. I like the color black best. Plus, it also matches Caden’s.

I thread my fingers through the leather dress, smoothing it down over my body. It’s not bad and it fits like a glove. Like it was made specifically for me.

“Well?” Caden, Everett and Koda all stand with their backs turned as I changed.

“You can turn around.” I announce.  When they do, they all sharply inhale.

“You look…” Everett starts only to end mid sentence.

“So pretty…” Koda finishes his father’s sentence for him.

Caden is silent for a long moment before he steps forward, drinking in every inch of my figure in his ancestral clothing.

“The last time I looked at this was when my mother showed it to me. She told me about the day she wore it. And told me one day I’d be able to pass it on to someone special. She was right.” I stare at him, unable to move as he brushes a soft hand over the leather on my skin, tickling my skin in the process. I duck hiding the heat that rises in my cheeks. 

“Come on. It’s time.” Caden takes my hand in his as he leads me downstairs, out of the pack house and through the dark forest until we come to our destination.

A roaring bonfire licks the night sky as the gathered pack turns to me upon arrival. Hushed whispers fill the air as the pack all stare at me.

“What are they looking at? Do I have something in my face?” I hurriedly wipe the nonexistent dirt on my face just in case.

“There’s nothing on your face. They’re just simply looking at you.” Caden says with a deep quiet chuckle as the crowd parts, forming an isle for us to walk down. Caden squeezes my hand in reassurance as he no doubt senses my uneasiness due to the attention.

“Are you ready?”

“What do I need to do?”

“Just follow my lead, and do what I instruct once we begin and you’ll be fine. From there, your instincts will take over. Trust them.”

“What do you mean?”

“Once you’ve undergone this ceremony, your connection to this pack will go deeper than anything you’ve ever experienced. You’ll feel what we feel, know what we know and truly be one of us. And of course, as my mate, our bond will be the deepest of all. You’ll feel me like you’ve never had before.” He explains, lacing his fingers with mine, his grip steady and warm.

“That sounds intense.” I say, my panic getting the best of me. Caden lifts my hand to his lips, kissing it lightly as a sign of assurance and I immediately melt.

“In all the best ways, I promise. You’ll connect with all of us.” He then leads me down the aisle closer to the bonfire. The other pack members surround us in a familial circle. The fire rises higher and higher, as the pack looks up and begins to howl, readying for what’s about to happen. Caden pulls out a small bowl of a sweet smelling ointment then carefully; he begins to anoint my forehead.

“I want you to close your eyes and listen to the howling of your kin. Feel the coming moonlight. Think of how it guides each of us. And most importantly, let the pack in.” I do as instructed, feeling the stars and the moon. The cacophony of howls begins to turn to melody. The spot where Caden has placed the ointment begins to tingle, and soon, my whole body does. Then all at once, I’m overcome with sensations brand new to me. Caden smiles reassuringly before raising his voice, drawing everyone’s eyes directly to me. 

“Arabella, by the light of this full moon, do you hereby accept your place in this pack? Will you join us, stand with us, fight with us?” A rush of longing courses through my veins as I meet Caden’s gaze. “Will you become one with us, forever more?”

“Alpha, I do accept my place in this pack.” The grin on Caden’s face could light up the whole forest.

A burst of energy then flows through me. My skin tingles from my fingertips to the very center of my heart. I’m suddenly acutely aware of every gathered wolf. Of every breath they take, of every heartbeat. 

This is pack. 

My pack. 

My family.

I don’t realize it right away, but tears begin to fall down from my glowing green eyes. Tears of joy. The sensation overwhelms me and I sway on my feet.

“Easy, I’ve got you.” Caden holds me tightly and for a moment, I sense exactly how he feels as he holds me in his arms. Pride and desire, with a hint of nervousness buried deep below the brash confidence. Then just as suddenly, I feel the whole pack, the excitement and fervor rising around me.

“You’re one of us now, Arabella. Well and truly.” The whole pack cheers and howls on Caden’s words, rushing close to embrace me as their newest member.

“Welcome, Arabella.” Everett came first.

“I always knew you’d be family!” Koda says as Caden raises a hand to the rest of the pack with a smile.

“And now, we feast!” The wolves let out a howl of joy as platters of meat and fruit are brought out. Caden turns to me then.

“We had your human carnival food. Now it’s my turn. Are you ready to feast like a wolf?” He says, his eyes never leaving mine.

“Of course I’m ready.”

“Then let’s eat.” With that, I’m presented with a brilliant display of meat and crops, all hunted and grown from within Caden’s forest. Each bite is more delicious than the last that I find myself stuffing down double of what I’d be able to eat.

“I’ve never eaten this well in my life before.” 

“Bed time, mister.” As the feasting wraps up, Everett lifts Koda from his seat at the table.

“Aw!” Koda whines.

“Caden, can he stay a bit longer?”

“I’m afraid not. What comes next isn’t exactly appropriate for pups.” I open my mouth to ask why, when the thrumming rhythm of drums fills the air. Caden stands, holding his hand out to me.

“Come on, you’re the guest of honor here tonight.” As I stand, Caden spins me fast. I gasp and land with my palm against his bare chest. He smirks.

“Let’s see if you’re as good on your feet as you are with your fists.” He teases.

“Oh yeah? I’d like to see you try to keep up. If you think you’re able to, that is.” I challenge.

“That sounds like a challenge.” The heat of the fire and the music around me begins to seep in, creating air of frenzy that only pushes me closer to Caden. The other wolves begin to dance around me, swaying sensuously against one another.

“Come here.” Caden commands as his hands move to my waist and our bond ignites as he begins to rock against me, pulling me back before drawing in close once again. I feel more of him than ever before. Every ridge of muscle, every thrust and turn of his hips. And now, with my sealed place in this pack, I feel the pounding heat inside him, too. The hunger he feels for me.

“Dance with me, Arabella.” His grip on my body tightens, desire coursing from his touch.

“Okay.” I whisper my response and a smile creeps up on his face. I wrap my arms around his neck, and he presses himself against me. I feel his heat, his need, in every movement of his body as the two of us intertwine as one. 

“Are you leading? Or am I?” He whispers against the shell of my ear.

“I’m following your lead, Alpha.” I say, stressing out his title.

“Well, don’t worry little one. You’re in the right hands.” He says as he moves his hips with mine, guiding me against him with his strong hands, his teeth grazing my ear. “I’m good at taking charge.” He whispers again and I swear, I can never get enough of this, of him.

We twirl around one another, both lost entirely in the frenzy of each other as Caden thrusts me away, then pulls me back close, my body grinding tightly against his.

“God, Arabella…” He says my name almost like a curse, almost like a plea as his hands travel lower. I can feel where his hands long to go. Where he longs to feel me and I’m right there with him.

“Caden…” I whisper his name back and rock hard against him in invitation. He huffs, then his hands slide lower…lower…until he takes firm hold of my ass and I bury my face in his shoulder to keep swearing out loud at the pleasure I’m feeling.

His large, strong hands grip me, squeeze me, feeling every last inch of me for the first time making our bond burn bright. Neither of us has to say what’s happening as our bodies are speaking loud and clear. Caden gasps into my hair, and I feel him grow hard against me.

I’ve never felt like this with Caden before and that too over something as simple as a dance. What’s happening to me?

Caden, for all his mind-melting movements, seems as though he’s struggling just as badly as I am.

“Caden?” It’s just then as the music begins to quiet, that an eerie red glow begins to splash over the bonfire.

“Is the moonlight…red?” The pack all look at the sky, a blanket of awe falling over the crowd.

“Yes. It’s a red moon. I’ve never seen one rise during an initiation.”

“Does that mean anything important?”

“It means we’re in for a wild night…” Just then, all around me, I can see the pack members begin to act differently, as though some otherworldly force has overtaken them. Some grind up against each other, while others pull each other into passionate kisses before running off into the woods and soon, in groups of twos and threes, almost everyone has abandoned the bonfire, leaving me and Caden alone.

“What’s happening?” I can’t help but ask. Caden stares at me with a heat that rivals that of the blazing fire, a heat that echoes something growing within me.

“When the red moon raises, the desire, the need to mate is stronger than ever.” Sure enough, as his words fall over me, I feel that desire within myself course like its very own heartbeat.

“Do you feel it, Arabella?” He asks, his voice dropping an octave.

I do. I do feel something drawing me closer to Caden, almost as if my body is begging me to close the gap, to take him. He steps closer to me, the shadow of flames dancing over his flesh.

“Do you feel it, Arabella? Do you feel how much I want you? Because I do, I want you, Arabella.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 133 66
"Hey Coco!" Annaya screamed. In front of my whole family. The whole table gave me disapproving looks except for Harmony and Melody. I liked the gal b...
5.4K 276 23
Arabella Rose, 22, is a rogue panther shifter, the last of her kind. Hunters have killed off her family (that she knows of) leaving her to be a rogue...
5.1M 134K 37
Alpha Cross of the Macabre Pack was a ruthless killer. He was known for leaving pack after pack in a bloodbath with not a single survivor in sight. A...
1.1M 32K 51
This is back up! I never got around to editing it because I didn't have the time like I thought I would. Enjoy this and the sequel. Isabelle was jolt...