Fears // Taylor Caniff [MagCo...

By Dancing_Queenxx

Seventeen-year-old Jordan Whitesides is YouTube's very own, Jacob Whitesides' twin. She chooses to face her b... More

Fears
Cast
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty

Chapter Fifteen

5 0 0
By Dancing_Queenxx

"Well that was fun." Mahogany laughs as we all leave the Spa, covered in all of the rubbish from our fight.
"Yeah, I think that lady had so much fun." Carter comments as we all explode in fits of laughter.
"Let's just agree to never try and come back here again." Shawn suggests. 
"Agreed." "Yeah." "Definitely."

"So, what's happening with the show?" I ask Jacob as we walk back to the hotel. I realised earlier today that no one filled me in on tonight's show schedule. 
"Oh, um. I'm not quite sure. Gotta go." Jacob rushes before taking off to walk with Cameron. I watch Nash as he speaks in hush tones to Cam, weird. 

"Hey Matt, what's happening with the show today? I asked Jacob, but he kinda freaked out and ran off." I relay the events.
"Not sure what's up with him." Matt shrugs. "But, I do know that, you guys, the Jacks and Shawn will perform. Nash and Hayes are going to do the Brother Tag. I'm pretty sure that Aaron, Carter, Cameron, and I will be doing the Yoga Challenge. I think that's all." Matt finishes, filling me in.

"Wow, it's going to be full on." I smile back.
"Oh and don't forget that there is no Meet 'n' Greet tonight." He reminds me.
"I totally forgot about that." I admit. "At least we can finally have a relaxing night."

"Okay, guys." Hayes begins as we enter the hotel lobby. "It's already two o'clock and we need to be down and ready for soundcheck at four thirty, Bart's orders."
"And I suggest that you guys clean up before then." Bart's voice booms as he walks into the lobby, where we all stand covered in gunk. "What happened to you?"

"It all started when Jordan and I tricked the guys into having a spa day with us." Mahogany explains.
"Then, I got really bored and decided to spice it up a bit." Cameron recounts.
"And now we are here, covered in this," Taylor laughs whilst referring to our clothes, skin, hair, and basically anything that was visible on us when we left the hotel this morning.

"Well I will not let this moment pass by." Bart cracks a smile as he pulls out his phone. "Everyone say surprise."
"Surprise!" We all cheer, embracing the moment.
"Yep, some quality stuff this is. I'll post it right now." He informs. "Now go and get cleaned up and meet us on the stage for four thirty."

"Bart, can we talk to you quickly?" I hear Taylor ask Bart as he, Mahogany, and Jacob stay behind, whilst the rest of us pile into the elevator.

"What's that about?" Johnson asks.
"Not a clue in the world." Aaron admits.

"Jacob has been acting weird today." I inform, trying to figure out what's going on. "They're definitely up to something."
"Hopefully it's something good." Gilinksky chimes, nudging me with a smile. 

~~~

"What's up everybody?" Bart asks as he runs onstage and the crowd cheers. "So we have some special things in store for you tonight, and to get it all started, I'd like to introduce, our awesome DJ, Mahogany Gordy!"

"Hey everyone!" Mahogany calls as she plays 'Poker Face' by Lady Gaga, and Bart exits the stage. "First up we have two randoms who we are all somehow stuck with," Mahogany starts to joke around, "Matt and Carter!"

"The best buds, Jack and Jack!" The boys run onstage, arms linked and skipping as the crowd cheers their names.

"The blue eyed brothers are next, Nash and Hayes!" The Griers join the others onstage and do a bro hug whilst the crowd chants 'Grier'.

"Of course, we have the flirts, Cameron and Taylor!" The crowd erupts as the boys blow kisses towards them.

"Now, for the best twins, Jacob and Jordan!" We run onstage together and I can't stop smiling. I do a gracious bow to greet the audience before deciding to stand beside Carter.  Jacob on the other hand walks over to Mahogany and kisses her cheek, earning a chorus of 'aww's' from the crowd. 

"And last but not least, two awesome and definitely handsome guys, Aaron and Shawn." The crowd cheers as our final members join us onstage.

"So, how is everyone doing tonight?" Carter asks the excited crowd.
"Good!" They cheer loudly.
"And would you guys like to hear some awesome singing?" I quiz our audience.
"Yes!" They shout.

"Well that's great because first up, we have Shawn Mendes!" Matt announces as Shawn gets himself ready.

"Hey!" Shawn waves as he takes his seat. "Are you guys excited?" The crowd cheers in response. "I thought so. I won't keep you waiting any longer. For my first song I will be doing a cover and here we go." Shawn smiles before strumming the first notes to 'She Looks So Perfect' by 5 Seconds of Summer.

Simmer down, simmer down
They say we're too young now to amount anything else
but look around

Shawn continues and finishes the song whilst earning a huge round of applause from the audience, chanting for him to sing again. "Anything for my amazing fans." Shawn smiles as he starts to strum once again and the crowd goes absolutely ballistic.

I love it when you just don't care
I love it when you dance like there's nobody there
So when it gets hard, don't be afraid
We don't care what them people say

Shawn sings 'Life of the Party' flawlessly as the crowd sings along. I sway along with the crowd as Shawn is fully immersed in his craft. As he finishes the last chord, everyone cheers his name. 

"Wow." Shawn breathes, trying to catch his breath. "You guys sound amazing together, did you know that?" The crowd laughs.
"Not as amazing as you." I gush, fake fanning myself. Shawn laughs, shaking his head to brush off my teasing. 

"Give it up one last time for Mr. Shawn Mendes!" Mahogany calls into the microphone.
"Now we have the Griers doing a short version of the Brother Tag!" Aaron announces as the boys sit down on two stools.

"So, I will be asking the guys questions about each other that they should know, and whoever gets the most right will win!" Cameron announces as he pulls out his phone to get started.
"Question one is for Nash, when is Hayes' birthday?"
"June the eighth." Nash blurts as he congratulates himself.

"That is correct, one point Nash! Question two, Hayes, what is Nash's favourite ice-cream flavour?" Cameron quizzes.
"How am I meant to know that?" Hayes wonders as he looks out to the audience hopelessly.
"Vanilla!" They cheer in response.
"See, the amazing audience knows me more than you do." Nash teases as Hayes ignores him.

"So, that is Nash on one and Hayes on zero. Question three for Nash is," Cam pauses. "What is Hayes' favourite number?"
"Seven!" Nash sings.
"How did you know that?" Hayes asks dumbfounded.

"It's been your favourite number your whole life." Nash retorts in a cocky way.
"So that's two for Nash and Haysie is still on zero!" Cameron announces like a game show host.

"Hayes, does Nash prefer coffee or hot chocolate?" Cam asks as the audience waits in anticipation.
"Uh, I think hot chocolate?" Hayes answers with doubt.
"That is, correct young one." Cameron announces as the audience cheers. "This leaves Nash with two and Hayes on one, finally!"

"Now, Nash, is Hayes too shy to ask someone out?" Cam asks the eldest Grier.
"Well." Nash glances over at Hayes. "I think that because I'm too shy to ask someone out, so is Hayes."
"Nope." Hayes announces with glee. "I'll go straight up to her, you're just a wuss."
"Wow. Nash, you lost your thunder. The score is Nash two, Hayes one."

"Hayes what was the hashtag for Nash's, 'Ask Nash & Matt' video?" Cam asks and I smirk at the easy question as the crowd chants Hayes' name.
"No! That's way to easy." Nash whines.

"Oh grow up." Matt laughs. "Come on Hayes you got this man."
"Wasn't it '#MASH'?" Hayes asks.
"Once again, correct!" Cameron cheers with the audience. "And to see who wins, there is one final question for the both of you. The same question. The first one to answer correctly, wins the challenge."

"Alright, what is my middle name?" Cameron asks the brothers.
"Alexander!" Hayes shouts quickly before Nash can even open his mouth.
"Yes, Hayes wins!" Cameron cheers as we all run around Hayes and hug him, leaving Nash out.

"Yeah yeah, but I'm still older!" Nash shouts as he hugs himself instead, earning a lot of screams from the audience.
"Enough of this." Mahogany laughs as she pats Nash's shoulder in passing and walks back over to her station. "Now we have Jack and Jack performing for you all."

"How are we?" Johnson asks as the crowd cheers.
"That's great. Well today we'll sing some songs for you, and that's it." Gilinsky pauses with a laugh. "Here we go!"
The Jacks sing their two songs, amazingly as always whilst we all sing along with them and as per usual, the crowd goes wild.

"Thank you guys very much." Johnson smiles before the Jacks walk back over towards us.
"The next thing we have in store is Aaron, Carter, Cameron, and Matthew doing the Yoga Challenge for you." I announce and motion towards the four boys who begin stretching. 

After attempting a lot of four-people yoga stances, the boys have finished, and can I just say that the whole thing was hilarious!
"Well that was a sight for all of us." Nash laughs.
"And the best part is, you can all re-watch it on YouTube on all of their channels." Shawn announces.

"Finally, for our last part of the show, we have the Whitesides performing for you, are you excited?" Carter asks the audience. "Well, give it up for Jacob and Jordan!"

"Hey guys!" Jacob cheers as I grab my guitar from side-stage and join him.
"Okay so today we," Jacob announces, pausing for a second. "Will be performing two songs for you all."
"So, let's get started." I speak into Jacob's microphone. "For our first song, we will be performing a cover of Guy Sebastian's, 'Get Along'.

Some only want some shelter
Some want a mansion in the sky
Some want a thousand virgins
Some move matter with their mind

And when all the worlds collide
All they know is to divide
And it's easy if they're faceless
To hate the other side

Jacob sings the song like it is his own and as per usual, he is doing so well it makes me tear up. The crowd cheers when I finish the last chord, making me smile.
"Did you like that?" Mahogany asks as the crowd screams in response. "Well, the twins have one more song for tonight." She announces. 
"For our second song, we will be singing, 'Talking to the Moon' by Bruno Mars." Jacob informs as I play the first few chords of the song.

I know you're somewhere out there
Somewhere far away
I want you back, I want you back

My neighbours think I'm crazy
But they don't understand
You're all I had, You're all I had

At night when the stars light up my room
I sit by myself
Talking to the moon

"Wasn't that amazing?" Mahogany asks as I put my guitar away and walk back onstage with the guys. "We have one more treat for everyone, and trust me, it is something none of you will expect."
"Umm, what's..." I begin but am cut off by Jacob.
"What we have for you is something that might come as a bit of a shock." My twin speaks.

"Now we all know this person, they're amazing, gorgeous, they're a little shy and will probably kill us for this later, and because of a pretty big incident that happened a few years ago, this person hasn't been expressing themselves." Taylor speaks to the crowd as he comes to stand beside me. Oh crap. My heartbeat quickens as my breathing shallows. 

"So with that, we do have a surprise for you all." Jacob smiles sheepishly at me, but I can't meet his eye. I won't. "This person hasn't expressed their passion in front of more than fifteen people, so this is a huge step for them."

"Taylor, what have you guys done." I whisper whilst the others continue talking to the audience. 
"We wanted to make you happy again." He whispers back, but his smile falters as he notices how much I am shaking beside him. Taylor attempts to grab my hand, but I swat him away.
"Not like this." I speak a little too loudly as I shove Taylor away from me and run side-stage.

"Jordan?" Bart asks as he looks over at me.
"I can't do this." I pant through my shaking and my heartbeat drumming in my ears.
"Okay, hunny." He starts. "They wanted to do this one thing for you."
"I know, but I," I stop as my breaths start to cut short.

"Jordan?" I hear Jacob come to my side. "Jordan!"
"Ja-Jacob." I pant.
"Breathe, Jordan." He instructs. "Just calm down and breathe."

"Jacob, they're ready for her." Mahogany speaks as I panic some more.
"Yeah, well she's not." Jacob speaks as Taylor and Mahogany rush towards us.  

"Okay, Jordan." Taylor begins as he takes hold of my face, guiding me to look into his eyes. "You can do this, do this for your dad."
"But, I haven't done, I haven't sung in," I attempt to speak between pants, but I can't refocus.
"I know, but just focus on me, listen to my voice." Taylor instructs. "Jordan, just breathe, in and out." Taylor continues to guide me out of my panic attack, and I focus on his every word. Breathe in and out, in and out, slowly

"There you go." Taylor whispers softly, brushing away the tears on my cheeks. I close my eyes and lean forward, allowing my forehead to rest on Taylor's.
"You're still here?" I whisper, afraid to open my eyes and find out he's gone. 
"I am, like I said I would be." The brunette whispers back.

"Jords." Taylor whispers. "It's time to go out there."
"But I don't know how." I admit, opening my eyes to meet Taylor's chocolate ones. 
"Sing something." The brunette encourages. "There's only five of us here, you, me, Mahogany, Jacob, and Bart."

I suddenly remember the other bodies surrounding me, and slowly move myself out of Taylor's hold. I look around at my friends and twin, and take in a deep breath. 

"Okay," I speak with a shaky voice. 

Do you ever feel 
like a plastic bag

I sing softly as I look at the ground.  

Drifting through the wind
Wanting to start again?

"Keep going Jords." Mahogany encourages me as my breathing slows to normal and I gain a bit more confidence.

Do you ever feel
Feel so paper thin
Like a house of cards
One blow from caving in?

"Better?" Bart asks as I nod slowly at the group around me.
"You can do this Jordan." Jacob smiles, handing me my guitar and giving my hand a squeeze before letting go.

Taylor takes my hand in his and guides me to the chair in the middle of the stage, whilst Jacob joins me on my other side. 

"Hey, sorry about that guys. Sometimes my anxiety is still wins." I laugh awkwardly. "Anyway. I'm not sure what the guys have said to you, but I haven't sung at all for the past five years so this is really..." I pause and look to Jacob for help.
"For the first time ever in five years, here is Jordan, singing for you all." He announces.

I strum the first chords of 'Fight Song' by Rachel Platten, letting the music encase me as I begin to sing. 

Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make...

I look up at all the faces staring at me and stumble over my words.

a heart...open

"I-I." I stop. "I can't, I'm sorry guys." I speak as I look down at my guitar surrounded by silence.
"Jordan." Jacob returns to my side and I look up to catch his gaze.
"I just can't do it." I speak, my breathing becoming short again.
"Yes, you can. Jordan you're amazing, you can do this." He whispers before turning to the crowd.

"Who else thought that Jordan was amazing?" Aaron shouts as the crowd cheers.
"See Jordan, they all love you." Nash reassures as my MagCon family huddle around me. 
"I'm sorry that I can't do this for you all." I whisper to my friends. 

"Don't be sorry Jords, you have nothing to apologise for." Taylor comforts me as he takes my hand and guides me off my chair. "I want you to see something though."
"Taylor, what am I looking for?" I ask.
"Just look at that sign. The purple one with your name written in silver." He points towards the middle of the room to a sign, and underneath it are five heads smiling back at me. 
"Mum?" I ask in disbelief. I smile as my mum, Logan, Melody, Abigail, and Baylin stand waving at me from the middle of the crowd. 

"You did this?" I ask Taylor, squeezing his hand and turning to face him.
"We did." Mahogany speaks as she walks towards us with Jacob. "The three of us did." 
"I knew this would be easier with the girls and Baylin here for you." Jacob informs. 

"I love you guys." I practically cry as I pull the three of them into a group hug, causing the crowd to 'aww' in response. 
"So now are you ready to do this?" Jacob asks.
I nod back, smiling wide. "I'm ready." I smile as I take my place on the stool and strum the chords of the song. 

Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion

And all those things I didn't say
Wrecking balls inside my brain
I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time?

I pause for a moment and looked over to see Baylin smirking at me, encouraging me to keep on going.

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Losing friends and I'm chasing sleep
Everybody's worried about me
In too deep
Say I'm in too deep
And it's been two years
I miss my home
But there's a fire burning in my bones
Still believe
Yeah, I still believe

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

A lot of fight left in me

Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

No I've still got a lot of fight left in me

I finish the last note of the song and open my eyes slowly to the silence of the audience. Oh no, was I really that terrible? I ask myself, but then hear a chuckle beside me.
"No Jordan, you were flawless." Jacob whispers as I realise that I asked that out loud. 

"Everyone, if you want to hear Jordan sing again, let's hear it!" Jacob calls as the crowd erupts in cheers, and a huge smile finds its way onto my face. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 354 29
Lexi Grier is Nash Grier's twin sister that is also internet famous. Lexi Grier is a famous Youtuber with 2 million subscribers. She knows not in a b...
5.5K 97 23
Audrey Espinosa isn't what you call a normal girl...she was the exact opposite actually!with her brother being Matthew Espinosa the famous MagCon boy...
2.5M 35.7K 50
Cora Skye and Nash Grier have never met, but of course they have seen each other on Vine before. A lot have said the two were exact replicas of each...
3.2K 97 87
Carly Grier-- Carly has always lived a simple life. Even though her brothers were Internet sensations, she never wanted to be in the spotlight. Until...