The Book about Creatures

By EllieannaMaxwell

every need an idea about a monster? a scary creature that needs to be creepy? or a sweet cute small creature... More

The Titanoboa
The Drake
The Windigo
The Phoenix
The Siren
The Centaur
The Kraken
The Werewolf
The Thunderbird
The Sphinx
The Unicorn
The Dragon
The Phenix Dragon
The Luminescent Seraph
The Aurora Pegasus
The Luminary Gryphon
The Gryphon/Griffin
The Chimera
The Pegasus
The Kelpie
The Qilin/Kirin
The Sleipnir
The Hippocampus
Cerberus
Jormungandr
The Chitauli
The Agloolik
The Nian
The Basilisk
Ammit/Ammut
The Mngwa
Anansi/Ananse
The Leviathan
The Kappa
The Baku/ Dream Eater
The Cyclops
The Banshee
The Roc
The Hydra
The Valkyrie
The Kitsune
The Chupacabra
The Yali
The Yeti
The Sasquatch/Bigfoot
The Manticore
The Bunyip
The Nuckelavee
The Nguruvilu

Cú Chulainn's Hound

3 1 0
By EllieannaMaxwell

Cú Chulainn's Hound, also known as the Irish wolfhound or Cú Chulainn's loyal canine companion, features prominently in Irish mythology and the tales of the legendary hero Cú Chulainn. This hound is often referred to as "Cú Chulainn's hound" or "Cú Chulainn's loyal friend."

In Irish mythology, the Hound plays a significant role in the stories and adventures of Cú Chulainn. It is described as a massive and powerful dog, known for its tremendous size and strength. The Hound is portrayed as fiercely loyal and protective, willing to defend Cú Chulainn and accompany him into battle.

Legend has it that Cú Chulainn acquired this extraordinary hound as a gift from the fairy queen, Emer. The Hound possessed remarkable qualities and abilities, including its extraordinary speed, keen senses, and ferociousness. Often, the Hound's intimidating presence and reputation alone were enough to cause fear in enemies.

The Hound was said to possess many magical attributes, such as the ability to speak or communicate with humans, displaying signs of intelligence and understanding. This loyal companion provided not only physical protection but also offered unwavering support and companionship to Cú Chulainn throughout his heroic exploits and battles.

Although the Hound's name is not specifically mentioned in the myths, (I  Shall call him squishy, and he will be mine) it is traditionally associated with the Irish wolfhound breed. Irish wolfhounds are known for their imposing size, gentle nature, and loyalty. They are often recognized as the modern-day representation of Cú Chulainn's legendary hound.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
87.1K 2.2K 32
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...