Love is a game (Love in the a...

Galing kay Feychild1225

This is a collection of Love in the air one shots that I have already published elsewhere and I am putting to... Higit pa

Secret agent man
The Window
Stitches of Love
The Canvas
The Easter Bunny's Tale
Amusement Park Date
Rain the fan boy
The Internship
It's only make believe
Rain The Cat Whisperer
Love in reverse
I licked it, it's mine
Old Friends, New loves
The Mischievous Princes
Choices of Love
Fairy Child
Sensual Arts
Sensual Arts part 2
Cooking Lessons
Woke up in Love (Emo Demon)
Crying With the Wolves
Last Friday Night
Phi is mine
He's Your Problem Now (phi is mine part 2)
Mating Ritual (Phi is Mine part 3)
Crystal Clear
Midnight Aurora
There's a thin line between secret admirer and stalker
Rain is unlucky
Kumiho: A Tale of a Nine Tail
Better Than in the Middle
Always
Blind Date
Cat's in the Cradle (a hybrid story)
Cat Class and Cat Style (a hybrid story)
Holiday Angel
Bell in the night
No One But You (Cam Boy Phayu AU)
I'd Rather be famous Instead (Cam Boy Phayu AU)
Learning What I like about you (cam boy Phayu au)
Be Mine, Only and Forever (cam boy Phayu au)

Candy Striped

706 49 5
Galing kay Feychild1225

"I'm sorry P'Phayu, I can't go to the race this Friday night, I have somewhere I have to be early Saturday morning. In fact it's probably better if I stay at my parents house Friday since you will be coming in so late from the race." Rain tells him over the phone.

Phayu's brows knit together. Rain never misses a race when he doesn't have school work and right now Rain is on the break between semesters. For that matter, Rain has been disappearing every Saturday for weeks. Phayu has no idea where he is going. He has been leaving early Saturday morning, sometimes before Phayu is even out of bed, and when he meets Phayu at the garage for dinner on Saturday night he often looks absolutely exhausted.

Phayu figured Sky might know so he had gotten Pai to ask him. To his surprise Sky didn't know either and had said he was getting ready to ask Phayu the same thing. Normally there is nothing Rain doesn't tell Sky, usually several times.

Phayu completely trusts Rain, but curiosity and a slight worry is starting to get the better of him. He needs to find out what is going on, but he has to deal with the race first. He is very busy at the moment getting bikes ready to go.

At the race Friday night Phayu forces himself to concentrate on his work. He has to do a good job, lives depend on it. That doesn't stop Rain from being very much on his mind though. His boy is usually on his mind but now it is worse than ever. He barely notices the pit bunnies passing by his tent until one of them, Dara, stops to talk to him.

"P'Phayu, is Rain not with you tonight?" She asks with a disappointed edge to her voice. Over the few years Rain has become an honorary pit bunny and all the bunnies adore him.

"No he has something to do in the morning," Phayu says.

"Oh," She says, "I wanted to ask him if everything is okay? I've seen Rain around the hospital several times in the past few weekends. He's not sick or anything is he?"

Phayu's blood runs cold at these words. Dara is an emergency room doctor at one of the largest hospitals in Bangkok when she isn't being a pit bunny. Phayu can't help but wonder why Rain would be there. Is that where he has been going on Saturdays? Most importantly, why wouldn't he say anything about it to Phayu?

Phayu decides he has had enough of secrets, if Rain isn't going to tell him what is going on Phayu is going to find out for himself. If there is something wrong with Rain they should be facing it together, he needs his boy to know he is there for him.

After the race he sleeps for a few hours then dresses and grabs a bite to eat. Once he is ready he heads to the hospital Dara works at. He decides It's his best place to start. He spots Rain almost immediately by the nurse's station on the ground floor. He goes up behind him and lays a hand on Rain's shoulder, causing Rain to jump slightly. Rain turns his eyes widening when he sees who it is.

"P'Phayu what are you doing here?" Rain asks. He doesn't seem at all guilty or embarrassed to see Phayu there, just slightly confused. "Is something wrong? You're not sick or injured are you?"

"I should be asking you that, Rain. I came here looking for you. Is something wrong? Dara said that you've been coming here a lot at the race last night. Are you sick? Whatever it is, we'll face it together." Phayu says.

To his surprise Rain smiles at this, but stops at Phayu's thunderous expression. "I'm sorry, P'Phayu I didn't mean to worry you. I should have told you but it didn't seem like that big of a deal. To start out with it was supposed to be one weekend, and you were out of town on a jobsite that Saturday. It just grew and I didn't think to tell you after that."

"What grew? Rain, what is going on?" Phayu demands. He remembers the Saturday Rain is talking about and that had been weeks ago. Rain had been coming to the hospital for weeks for some reason.

"Do you have to be at the garage today? If you don't have to work today, why don't you come and see for yourself?" Rain says.

"I can miss working today, they are just accessing the bikes from last night. I can look over their work later." Phayu tells him.

"Wonderful," Rain says, taking him by the hand, "they will love you."

Phayu doesn't even bother asking who they are. With Rain sometimes it's best to just wait and see.

First Rain takes him to a doctor's lounge on the fifth floor. There are a few people in the lounge eating or just relaxing. Rain greets them all by name then stands in front of a man that Phayu can't help but notice looks vaguely like Rain.

"P'Phayu this is my cousin, P'Kiat. He has just graduated and is doing his residency here at the hospital. P'Kiat this is P'Phayu, my boyfriend." Rain says.

"Oh, so this is the famous P'Phayu." Kiat says with a smile. "My mother has talked about nothing else since she met you at a family dinner. You seem to have charmed her thoroughly and I didn't even know that was possible with mama. I'm sorry I didn't get to attend any of the dinners but the life of a medical student is even busier than the life of an architectural student. Pleased to finally meet you."

"P'Kiat, would it be okay if P'Phayu helps me on my rounds today? Also can I borrow a lab coat for him?" Rain asks. Phayu raises an eyebrow at this but reminds himself to wait and see.

"Of course, you know where the extra coats are. The more the merrier." Kiat says. "We appreciate all the help we can get with the little monsters."

Rain takes him to a changing room and grabs two lab coats out of a closet along with a duffle bag that Phayu recognizes as one Rain has used before when staying with Phayu, when he still lived part time in his parents home. Now he seldom stays anywhere but Phayu's house.

Rain hands Phayu one of the coats, "Put this on and I'll do your makeup before I do mine." Rain says.

Makeup? Phayu does as instructed. He is curious to see where this is leading. He sits on a nearby bench. Rain takes out a bag of face paints and looks at Phayu critically.

"Hmmm, I think you would make a good fox and I have the ears for that." Rain says. He selects several paints and paints Phayu's face with a deft hand. He then rummages through his bag and takes out a pair of red fox ears on a headband. These aren't cheap costume shop ears, they are well made, the fur a soft and realistic looking type of faux fur.

Rain goes to the mirror and paints his own face, then takes out an equally well made pair of bunny ears. Phayu moves behind him and takes in the picture. His fox face and ears complimenting Rain's bunny face and ears perfectly. He never knew Rain had this talent. Maybe later they would put it to use in other ways. Rain must think so too because he insists on taking a quick picture of the two of them.

"I think we are ready," He grabs a cart to the side full of books, games and various toys and grabs Phayu's hand to drag him out of the changing room.

Phayu is starting to get a pretty good idea of what is going on here, he just didn't expect it of Rain. Phayu's suspicions are confirmed when Rain leads him to the children's ward of the hospital.

Their first stop is a double room with two little girls. They both giggle and squeal when they see Rain and Phayu.

"Good morning Lin and Ree, how are you this morning?" Rain asks.

One of the girls, who is wearing a cast on one arm says, "I'm good P'Rain, the doctor said I can go home tomorrow. I will miss Ree though," she adds sadly looking at the other girl.

"Lin thought it was a good idea to go roller skating without protection, a mistake she won't make again, right nong?" The little girl shakes her head solemnly. "Ree is here for tests, she's been having tummy problems. Lin will have to be sure to visit Ree right?" Both girls nod at this.

"What will it be today? I have a lot of books and games for you girls." Rain says.

"Do the balloon." Ree says, "Please, P'Rain, do the balloon."

"Oh, are you sure you wouldn't rather just have a doll today?" Rain teases.

"Balloon, please, please." Ree says and Rain smiles.

"Okay then," he says, pulling out a medical glove. He takes a deep breath and breathes into the glove until it puffs up like a balloon. Both girls clap at this and Rain ties off the wrist with a piece of string. He then takes out a magic marker and draws a happy face on the "balloon" handing it over to Ree. He then makes a second one and hands it to Lin. He lets them pick out a few books and toys before wishing them well and moving on to the next room.

This room contains a single bed with a boy around 12 staring solemnly at the ceiling. The boy is covered with cuts and bruises.

"Hello, Athrid, feeling better today?" Rain says gently. He doesn't use the jovial tone he used with the girls, this is more of a comforting tone.

The boy shrugs and continues to stare at the ceiling. Rain sits down on the edge of the bed and takes a book out of the cart. "Would you like me to continue the story?"

The boy nods at this. Rain begins to read and the boy closes his eyes just letting himself get lost in the story. Rain has read two chapters when a nurse comes in and says, "Oh, Rain, I am glad you are here. I need to change Athrid's bandages, do you mind continuing to read to him while I do that?"

"Of course not, I will be happy to." Rain says, smiling. He continues to read while the nurse checks and changes the boy's bandages. The boy seems totally lost in the story.

Once the nurse is done, Rain says, "I need to go now, but I have something for you." He pulls out a soft looking large teddy bear from the bottom of the cart. "My friend here is a little lonely, I wonder if you would mind keeping him company?" The boy nods solemnly and takes the bear, hugging it to him. In normal circumstances Phayu thinks a boy this age would refuse the toy as being something for babies but this boy seems a little lost and finds the toy comforting.

"Thank you, Athrid. Feel better okay?" Rain says rubbing a hand over the boy's hair.

Once they are in the corridor Rain whispers, "There was a car accident. Poor boy lost his mother. His family is usually here with him. Unfortunately, this weekend is the funeral and the entire family is there today. It's been a bad time for both the boy and his family."

In the next room, there is a little boy of around three screaming and thrashing around in a full blown temper tantrum mode while a nurse looks on helplessly.

Rain holds his hands over his bunny ears dramatically and says, "What a noise, nong Chit, my poor bunny ears are going to bleed." Rain gives a look like he might start crying as well.

The boy stops and stares at Rain with a tear streaked face. "P'Rain, Chit is sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your ears. I don't want a shot though, no shots." The little boy sniffs.

"The shot will make it so you don't get sick though," Rain says.

"They hurt," Chit argues.

"I tell you what nong, I have a friend here in the cart just for you if you are a good boy and will take your shot." Rain says. He pulls out a little octopus that changes from happy to mad by turning it inside out. Chit giggles and reaches for the toy.

"Shot first," Rain insists. "Here you can look at me while the nurse gives it to you okay?" Rain holds up the toy making it dance for the little boy while the nurse fills a syringe from a vial of liquid and gives the boy a shot. The boy is distracted by the toy and barely notices. Rain smiles and gives him the toy. "All done." The boy looks slightly surprised that it is over so quickly.

At the door the nurse says, "Thank goodness you came when you did, Rain. I thought I was going to have to call someone to hold him down and I didn't want to do that. That can be very traumatic for such a young child." She turns to Phayu and says, "Chit was born diabetic and he has to have daily insulin shots. He's still too young to understand why it's necessary." Phayu nods at this, that would be hard for a three year old, he isn't overly fond of needles himself.

There is a teenage girl in the next room being examined by a nurse with a stethoscope.

"P'Rain!" She says happily, eyes shining. Phayu guesses that there might be a little puppy love crush going on there but he can hardly blame the girl. Rain is way too adorable for his own good.

"Cyn, you look nice today," Rain says. The girl blushes, yes definitely a crush.

"Is this your P'Phayu?" Cyn asks. "You are right, he is very handsome."

"Isn't he though?" Rain laughs. "Have you had any news?"

"Yes, I couldn't wait to tell you. They have found a heart they think will be compatible. I will know soon. My parents are on their way." She says.

"Cyn, that is wonderful news. I am so happy for you." Rain says. Phayu can tell he is genuinely happy for the girl. He pulls out a young adult novel from the card. "I found the book you wanted to read, it will keep you occupied while you wait."

"Thank you, P'Rain. Between you and the nurses helping to keep my hopes up it's been so much easier waiting." Cyn says, "I can't thank you enough."

"Happy to help, good luck. I'll come visit you after you have had your surgery. Tell your parents I said hi when they get here." Rain says.

"I will," she says, waving goodbye to him.

In the next room there is a nurse trying to soothe a little girl of around six so she can take her temperature. The little girl is huddled at the end of her bed clutching a teddy bear.

"Rain, I'm glad you are here," the nurse says, "Little Nin is refusing to let me take her temperature. I need it for my rounds report, can you help?"

Rain moves over to the bed and sits down next to the girl. "What's the matter, nong? Scared of the thermometer?"

Nin nods, she sniffs then has a coughing fit. Rain grabs her a glass of water from the bedside table. "The nurse just wants to make sure your fever is down from that nasty case of bronchitis, the thermometer doesn't hurt I promise."

Nin shakes her head, "I don't believe you, P'Rain" she says coughing a little more, "Adults always say things won't hurt and then they do."

Rain purses his lips, "Hmm, well that's true. What about if I prove that it doesn't hurt? Will you let the nurse take your temperature then?"

Nin nods. Rain takes the thermometer from her, it's a digital ear thermometer type. Rain tells Phayu, "Bend down silly fox, I need to take your temperature." Phayu smiles at him and bends down. Rain holds the thermometer up to Phayu's fake fox ears and pretends to take his temperature.

"Thank you, brave fox." Rain says, causing Nin to giggle. "Now are you ready for the nurse to take your temperature, Nin? Surely you can be braver than a silly old fox right?"

The little girl giggles again and nods. The nurse takes her temperature, giving Rain a grateful smile. Rain fishes a doll out of the toy cart and says, "Here for a brave little girl."

After a few more stops in more rooms, Rain goes up to the nurses station. "I think that is everyone," he tells the head nurse in charge.

"Rain, I know you are here to cheer the children up, but could you do me a favor?" The nurse says. "Khun May in room 501 is an Alzheimer's patient that recently fell and broke her hip. Poor thing has no family that comes to visit her and we are having a hell of a time to convince her to take her pain medication. She either spits it out or refuses to take it in the first place. Could you maybe visit with her for a few minutes. If you can convince her to take her medicine, all the better."

Rain nods and leaves the toy cart by the nurses station. He and Phayu follow the nurse to room 501 where an elderly woman is lying in bed crying.

"Khun May, can I get you something?" Rain asks.

The woman looks at him dismissively but her eyes widen when they fall on Phayu, "Niran?" She asks, a sudden excitement in her voice. She rubs an arm across her face wiping away the tears. "Niran, you have finally come to see me?"

The nurse says, "Niran was her grandson, he died in an accident several years ago. She must think Phayu is him." She turns to Phayu, "Do you mind, it will give her some comfort if you could just talk with her for a little bit."

"I don't mind," Phayu says. The woman in the hospital bed looks so fragile and it tugs at this heart.

"Hello, grandmother." Phayu says sitting next to the bed and taking her hand.

"Oh, Niran, I have missed you so much." Khun May says, "sit and talk with your grandmother, please."

They chat for a while, Rain and the nurse standing in the doorway smiling at the sight. Suddenly the old woman looks at Phayu startled. "Niran, why are you dressed like a fox?"

"There is a wonderful circus in town, grandmother. I just came from it." He goes on to describe the imaginary circus causing the old woman to smile and even occasionally laugh out loud.

After a while Phayu says, "Grandmother, could you take your medicine please." He makes a cute begging face.

"I don't like it, the medicine makes me sleep all the time." She says sulkily.

"But you need to take it so your hip will feel better, Please." Phayu says.

The woman sighs but says, "I will for your Niran, if you will promise to come visit me again."

Phayu smiles and says, "I would do that anyway, thank you grandmother."

In the corridor Rain says, "It's getting late and we have reservations tonight right? We probably should wash off the face paint, the restaurant staff might be surprised if we show up in costume."

Phayu laughs at this and gives Rain a side hug, "Probably." They go back to the dressing room where Rain uses a special remover on the face paint and carefully packs the ears back in the bag.

"So how did you get started doing this Rain?" Phayu asks.

"P'Kiat called and asked if I could fill in for a weekend while the usual person was on maternity leave. They were going to find someone else for the rest of the time. I just sort of fell in love with it. I'm going to miss it."

"Oh, you aren't going to keep doing it?" Phayu asks.

"The regular worker is coming back in a few weeks, besides I won't have time once school starts back again." Rain says with regret.

That was true enough, the life of an architectural student was busy.

"You can still come visit sometimes if you like. I'll come with you, I meant what I said to Khun May when I promised I would visit her." Phayu tells him.

"You were wonderful with her," Rain says, "Isn't my boyfriend so cool?"

"Not as cool as mine," Phayu answers. "Come let's go have dinner."

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

6.6K 202 16
I dont know its 1 in the morning and I really want some phan oneshots so here Ur welcome. 2 years later- I went back and revised them all and realiz...
4.6K 193 9
Compilations of KimCop oneshots it wrote. Hope you enjoy reading.โ™ก
79.4K 2.4K 20
A fanfiction of PhayuRain X VegasPete. This story is similar with the series of ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ˆ๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐€๐ข๐ซ and ๐Š๐ข๐ง๐ง๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐ž. I hope you wi...
340K 11K 99
The book where i post oneshots and short stories of PhayuRain/SkyPrapai from love in the air the series aka my new hyperfixation couples. The onesho...