It's All Started With A Lie

Por _Shivani_1910

She is crazy He is calm. She is clumsy He is reserved. She never stops talking He never talks if it is not n... Más

Author's note
Chapter- 1 Naina
Chapter- 2 Arnav Singhania
Chapter- 3 Lie
Chapter- 4 A rich liar...
Chapter- 5 weird
Chapter- 6 Remember..?
Chapter- 7 Apologize
Chapter- 8 Tense
Chapter- 9 Another lie
Chapter- 10 Try..!!
Chapter- 11 Home
Chapter- 12 complicated family
Chapter- 13 Apology
Chapter- 14 random man
Chapter- 15 Are you ok?
Chapter- 16 Annoying
chapter- 17 get together
Chapter- 18 Drama queen
Chapter- 19 A sudden call
Chapter- 20 Angry
Chapter- 21 calming down
Chapter- 22 His sister..!!
Chapter- 23 Watching a movie
Chapter- 24 Dinner
Chapter- 25 Threatening?
Chapter- 26 Are you in love?
Chapter- 27 Amusement Park
Chapter- 28 Finding out
Chapter- 29 The truth
Chapter- 30 Broken
Chapter- 31 She is different!
Chapter- 32 Enough of the lies
Chapter- 33 confession?
Chapter- 34 Ignoring
Chapter- 35 Date!
Chapter- 36 The tension!
Chapter- 37 His dream!
Chapter- 38 Typical Siblings
Chapter- 39 Business party
Chapter- 40 First fight
Chapter- 41 The surprise gift..!!
Chapter- 43 Meeting his parents
Chapter- 44 The panic!
Chapter- 45 encounter with Dev
Chapter- 46 Accident!
Chapter- 47 His Eyes
Chapter- 48 Confident Naina
Chapter- 49 Journey with her friends
Chapter- 50 Surprise or shock
Chapter- 51 Accepted
Chapter- 52 Chaotic siblings
Chapter- 53 Cute couple
Chapter- 54 Loyal
Chapter- 55 Kind
Chapter- 56 Kidnapped
Chapter- 57 Captive
Chapter- 58 Rescued
Chapter- 59 Provoke
Chapter- 60 Date!
Chapter- 61 His birthday
Chapter- 62 Unbeliveable
Chapter- 63 Everything Falling apart
Chapter- 64 Let's meet!
Chapter- 65 Holi celebrations...!
Chapter- 66 Different
Not an update!
Chapter- 67 Naina Missing
Chapter- 68 Devastated
Chapter- 69 Is this the end...?
Chapter- 70 Vulnerable
Chapter- 71 She is back!!
Chapter- 72 Our Baby?
Chapter- 73 Another woman?
Chapter- 74 Clarity
Chapter- 75 The change
Chapter- 76 Proposal
Chapter- 77 The rituals
Chapter- 78 The wedding
Chapter- 79 The End!
Epilogue
Epilogue- 2
Bonus chapter

Chapter- 42 Dinner at Singhania's Mansion

1.9K 149 42
Por _Shivani_1910

Naina's pov

"Is it ok?" I asked as we reached his parents' mansion.
I am going with him to a family dinner and I am really tensed now.

"It's ok, butterfly. I am here", he assured me as he held my sweaty palm.

He got out of the car and opened the door for me. I got off hesitantly.

"Don't be tense", he said as he put his hand on my lower back, guiding me into the mansion.

It was huge, like an assembly. I have never seen an enormous mansion like this in my whole life... their lawn is bigger than our entire house. There are different types of plants on the sides and a big fountain which is looking like a waterfall to me.

We entered the mansion and the living room was as huge as a big movie theater and the costly chandeliers, the expensive paintings, and nice furniture... every edge of the mansion screamed money. The lightning in the mansion is brighter than my whole life. The floor is whiter than that one white shirt which shows in detergent ads, and looking at all of these, I felt dizzy.

"Are you ok?" Arnav asked, and I nodded.

He literally lived in this mansion his whole life and I made him walk on the dirty roads and made him travel on the buses... he really loves me so much, if not how can a rich man like him go on knees for a nobody like me.

"Come, I will show you my room", he said and took me upstairs. There are many maids in his house, but nobody is looking at us when we are walking upstairs... They are only doing their work like robots in the Robot movie.

We walked upstairs and there is another living room... we walked through it and finally reached his room... just walking to his room is tiring in this house.

As you guessed, his room is bigger than my apartment and his bed size is equal to my room size. It can easily fit 10 people.
Does he sleep alone in this bed? That's why he used to get nightmares. Sleeping alone in this big bed, in this big room is really scary.

His room theme is gray and white, just like his penthouse, but everything is different here.

I saw a picture on the side table which is his childhood photo with his mom and brother.

He smiled sadly when I looked at him.

I sat on the bed silently while looking around.

"What happened, butterfly? Why are you silent?" he asked as he sat beside me wrapping his hand around my shoulder.

"Nothing", I mumbled and leaned my head on his chest.

I thought, ok he is rich but god, he is richer than the richie rich. How can I fit in his family? Does his family accept me as their daughter-in-law?

"I have never seen you being silent this much time... please tell me if anything bothers you, butterfly", he asked again and kissed the top of my head.

"Nothing, I was just looking around," I replied, making eye contact and he smiled.

As we were looking at each other silently, a knock on the door disturbed our silence.

"Sir, dinner is ready", a maid informed us and went out.

"Shall we go", he asked and stretched his hand for me.

"Yes", I replied and took his hand.

We walked to the dining room and, as expected, the table was so big and it was filled with different food items. Is this a restaurant or what? Did his father plan dinner for the whole street?

His father sat on the head chair and to his left sat Arnav's mom and to his right aunt Nalini. His brother is beside aunt Nalini looking at his phone and I can't see his face.

I smiled at them but didn't even get a reaction from any of them. Ok, I think rich people don't smile...

Arnav dragged a chair for me beside his mom and I sat uncomfortably, then he sat beside me. I had an urge to swap my chair with him, but I controlled it.

"Hello, little lady", I heard and my head spun towards him. It was the same man who dashed me in the dessert shop a few months back and we met in the party too. What is his name again... haa, Devansh. So it's his brother then. Out of these many people, does he have to be Arnav's brother?

I just give him a light smile, not understanding what to do as all their eyes are buried in me and Arnav is glaring at his brother.

I looked at the table to have some water, and everything on the table was bigger.. The glass, the spoon, the plates... Everything is royal here.

And the knife on the fruit bowl is sharper than my brain, I guess. What if his father takes that knife and stabs me? I can't even run fastly... I should have practiced running when my brother forced me, uff.

Naina, calm down, nothing will happen.

I took a deep breath and took the water glass and gulped down the water without spilling on myself. Everyone is looking at me with judging eyes and that is making me restless and anxious.

I can't handle this much attention on me.

His mom is beautiful with pale skin and she seems too young to be his mother and aunt Nalini is also beautiful with dark skin and curvy body. Both ladies are looking young and perfect. Arnav's father also has blue eyes, and he is handsome as well.

Everyone is beautiful and handsome in his household.

Soon, two ladies came before we started eating.

"Sorry, we are late", the elder one commented as she sat beside Devansh and the younger one sat beside Arnav, flashing him a flirty smile.

I think it's his aunt and her daughter whom Arnav's father wanted him to marry. She is beautiful with a model like body and fine facial features.

Soon, maids came and served our food. And all started eating without talking anything.

Do rich people eat like this? I know it's a bad habit to talk while eating but in our house we never do that... Avi and I talk a lot while eating and we occasionally fight also.

For a girl who spends all her life talking... I can't sit silently like this.

Don't spill on yourself... don't spill, don't spill... chanting this continuously, I took a spoonful of soup and was about to have it but as usual I spilled it on myself.

I can be clumsy even when no one is watching, then how can I not be clumsy when I get this much attention.

I looked up alerted and sure enough, they all were looking at me judgingly and annoyingly. Thank god they didn't yell or mock me like people do in dramas.

I never enjoyed silence as much as I am now.

"It's ok, butterfly", Arnav commented with a smile and took a tissue paper and wiped the soup.

"It's ok, you can eat slowly", he said reassuringly and put his hand on my thigh and I found myself releasing all the tension.

While we were eating, two maids came and put the different flavors of ice cream on the table and I looked at Arnav. He blinked with a smile.

Whenever I am tense, I eat ice cream because it can make my mood better.

"Who ordered you for this?", his dad asked the maids seriously.

"I am the one who ordered, dad. It's good to eat sweets sometimes.. It can make your mood better", Arnav commented. "Serve them".

Maids started serving ice cream in bowls after asking each member what flavor they want.

One of the maids asked me which flavor I wanted.

"Vanilla", I mumbled inaudibly, pointing at vanilla flavour ice cream, and they gave me a bowl of vanilla ice cream.

"What flavor do you want me to take?" Arnav asked me like every time when it's his turn.

I was silent, not able to utter anything when all his family was looking at me.

"Don't panic, butterfly. Don't think about anyone, just be yourself and tell me", he remarked with an assuring smile and he never removed his hand from my thigh.

"Chocolate", I murmured when he was waiting for my reply.

"You heard it, right?", he said to the maid, and she nodded, giving him chocolate flavored ice cream.

Why was I tense like this? What happened to Naina who hosts interviews with bigshots and who talks with strangers daily?

I cheered myself up and started eating my ice cream. I ignored all the judging eyes and ate from Arnav's cup too... Now he smiled proudly.

When I came back after washing my hands as we finished eating, he was not there in the living room or in the dining room so I started searching for him. We don't need to exercise if we live in this house. One can get lost easily in this house... how the hell they remembered all the ways.

I walked through the hallway to go down and there I saw a dog which was bigger than me and glaring at me... I started running while it was chasing me.

I am not actually afraid of dogs but this dog is not just a dog... It is looking like a wild animal.

I saw Arnav on the lawn and ran to him at jet speed and jumped on him like a monkey. I held his neck and wrapped my legs around his waist hanging on him like a cola.

"What happened, butterfly?", he asked, holding me securely, and I pointed at the back where that tiger... sorry dog is there.

"Don't be scared, butterfly. It won't do anything", he said as he put me down.

"Why did you leave me alone? Look at that creature, it is bigger than me. What if your father locked me in a dark room with this tiger-like dog", I cried and he laughed.

"Sorry, I came to take a call. But it won't do anything, butterfly. Wait I will introduce you to him", He said and kneeled on the ground and that dog came to him directly.

"Buddy, that's my girlfriend, don't scare her", he said to the dog like he was talking to his friend and it glared at me. He urged me to kneel down beside him, and I did.

"Look, it won't do anything", he said and I looked at him. It was looking at me like a tiger looking at its prey.

"It will eat me alive", I exclaimed and hugged him and by force he fell on the ground and I was on him.

I was gripping his neck while lying on him and he held my waist securely and kissed the side of my head.

He tried to get up but I pressed him down, not wanting to get up.

"I don't want to," I mumbled and took a deep breath, smelling his cologne. He let me lie down for a good five minutes while caressing my hair.

"Baby, we are lying in the garden of my parents' house", he mumbled in my ear I alerted as I sat up straight.

He stood up and helped me to stand and when we turned around to go in, there stood aunt Nalini looking at us.

I never thought a meal could be this depressing. Now, I understand why he was depressed.

***
Hello homies❤

Did you like the update?? Tell me in comments💬💖

East or west, pressing the star ⭐ is the best 😁 please vote kardo yaar 😊😊

Comment more for daily updates 🥰

💜💜

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

550K 44.7K 64
"Don't! Don't ever do that to me." "It's my life my choice!" "It's not!" "Why do you think so?" "Because YOU ARE MINE FOREVER AND ALWAYS" "Wow! Am I...
138K 8.2K 60
Divya Sharma, A sweet silent and a calm girl fighting with her own fears from her past. Her small family with her loving parents and a protective bro...
118K 9.4K 91
{ 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖐 #1 𝖎𝖓 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘} 𝐕𝐢𝐚𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐱 𝐒𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐡 𝐎𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐢 She is soft-spoken; he is hardened. She is ice; he is f...
278K 13.8K 29
❝ I will never be able to love you.. Even you know it.. Then what is the reason you stay with me?", he said teary eyed. " Because some things are me...