It's All Started With A Lie

By _Shivani_1910

She is crazy He is calm. She is clumsy He is reserved. She never stops talking He never talks if it is not n... More

Author's note
Chapter- 1 Naina
Chapter- 2 Arnav Singhania
Chapter- 3 Lie
Chapter- 4 A rich liar...
Chapter- 5 weird
Chapter- 6 Remember..?
Chapter- 7 Apologize
Chapter- 8 Tense
Chapter- 9 Another lie
Chapter- 10 Try..!!
Chapter- 11 Home
Chapter- 12 complicated family
Chapter- 13 Apology
Chapter- 14 random man
Chapter- 15 Are you ok?
Chapter- 16 Annoying
chapter- 17 get together
Chapter- 18 Drama queen
Chapter- 19 A sudden call
Chapter- 20 Angry
Chapter- 21 calming down
Chapter- 22 His sister..!!
Chapter- 23 Watching a movie
Chapter- 24 Dinner
Chapter- 25 Threatening?
Chapter- 26 Are you in love?
Chapter- 27 Amusement Park
Chapter- 28 Finding out
Chapter- 29 The truth
Chapter- 30 Broken
Chapter- 31 She is different!
Chapter- 32 Enough of the lies
Chapter- 33 confession?
Chapter- 34 Ignoring
Chapter- 35 Date!
Chapter- 36 The tension!
Chapter- 37 His dream!
Chapter- 38 Typical Siblings
Chapter- 39 Business party
Chapter- 40 First fight
Chapter- 42 Dinner at Singhania's Mansion
Chapter- 43 Meeting his parents
Chapter- 44 The panic!
Chapter- 45 encounter with Dev
Chapter- 46 Accident!
Chapter- 47 His Eyes
Chapter- 48 Confident Naina
Chapter- 49 Journey with her friends
Chapter- 50 Surprise or shock
Chapter- 51 Accepted
Chapter- 52 Chaotic siblings
Chapter- 53 Cute couple
Chapter- 54 Loyal
Chapter- 55 Kind
Chapter- 56 Kidnapped
Chapter- 57 Captive
Chapter- 58 Rescued
Chapter- 59 Provoke
Chapter- 60 Date!
Chapter- 61 His birthday
Chapter- 62 Unbeliveable
Chapter- 63 Everything Falling apart
Chapter- 64 Let's meet!
Chapter- 65 Holi celebrations...!
Chapter- 66 Different
Not an update!
Chapter- 67 Naina Missing
Chapter- 68 Devastated
Chapter- 69 Is this the end...?
Chapter- 70 Vulnerable
Chapter- 71 She is back!!
Chapter- 72 Our Baby?
Chapter- 73 Another woman?
Chapter- 74 Clarity
Chapter- 75 The change
Chapter- 76 Proposal
Chapter- 77 The rituals
Chapter- 78 The wedding
Chapter- 79 The End!
Epilogue
Epilogue- 2
Bonus chapter

Chapter- 41 The surprise gift..!!

2.2K 151 72
By _Shivani_1910

Naina's Pov

"I can't see, Arnav," I mumbled, tripping on my feet as I was walking down while he closed my eyes.

"That's the purpose of closing your eyes, butterfly," he chuckled, holding me protectively.

Wait, why did he blindfold me? And where is he taking me? Is he going to push me off from the building for asking too many little hearts?

He already warned me last night 'don't eat that many little hearts at night' but i didn't listen to him eat all of the packets, and he didn't even buy them when we went grocery shopping last time.

What's the use of having a big heart when you can't even buy little hearts.

"Careful," he mumbled and we stopped walking.

He is telling me to be careful after stopping walking. That means I have to stand carefully for him to push me off.

"Surprise," he exclaimed and opened my eyes.

Shit, I forgot about this possibility. Yeah, you do blindfold when you want to surprise someone, right? My chicken brain.

I took 10 seconds to adjust the light and looked ahead to see the surprise. As soon as I saw the surprise my eyes widened and I looked at him with a smile.

"Do you like it?" he asked nervously.

"You bought a new car," I asked excitedly. Yeah, it's black Benz and about model, I don't know.

"It's for you," he remarked.

"What?" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, butterfly. It's for you," he said and ruffled my hair.
"Now, you can go anywhere without waiting for buses."

"No, I don't want it," I stated.
Who wants to go in a boring car everywhere, not me though.

"Why?" he asked as his face fell.

"This doesn't suit my lifestyle, Arnav," I replied and he stood there without saying anything and I could sense sadness in his eyes.

"Thank you, Hero... Thanks for the gift, thanks for thinking about me," I said and held his hands in mine.
"But I like to travel in buses, it actually inspires me to write," I said.

"But...,"

I hugged him before he could speak further. When you can't convince them, just hug them, problem solved.

"It is yours so it will stay here for you. You can use it whenever you want to," he said and wrapped his hands around me.

"But," I tried to say while putting my chin on his chest, looking into his eyes.

"I am not forcing you, butterfly. You can use it whenever you feel like," he replied and I nodded helplessly.

Total day went in a blur and it's time for my show.

"Can you come back home on your own today as I have important work," he said after dropping me off at the radio station.

"Ok," I replied with a smile and walked in after waving at him goodbye.

I greeted my colleagues and went to the recording room and then started my show.

"Hello guys, I am back again. Welcome back to my show 'Words from heart' and this is RJ Naina, on air and you are listening to 95.5 Radio. You can call me and share your feelings and you can give messages to anyone through my show, as you know", I chirped in a single breath.

I took a few calls and played all my favorite songs, also updated about traffic.

After talking on the last call who is not Arnav, I ended the show with a song.

"Ok folks, it's time to end the show. Good night and take care. This is RJ Naina, signing off for today. Tata bye bye"

"Have sweet dreams while listening to this beautiful melody song from the movie kshanam kshanam," I exclaimed and played the song.

Jamurathiri jabilamma, jola paadana ila...

Jorugalilo jaji komma, jaraneeyake kala...

Vayyari valu kallalona...
varala vendi poola vaana...
Swarala ooyalugu vela...

Jamurathiri jabilamma, jola paadana ila...

I walked out of the studio and took a bus. I put on my headphones listening to songs while looking outside from the window.

It's the first time I am going home alone after we became a couple. He comes to pick me every day no matter how busy he is. I sometimes go to the radio station alone but never come back alone.

I got down from the bus at a nearby bus stop to his penthouse and started walking.

It took me 10 minutes to reach the apartments. I flashed a smile to the security guard and walked to the elevator.

It took another 10 minutes to wait for the elevator and to reach his floor.

I punched the code and opened the door of his penthouse and was shocked to see the scene in front of me.

Arnav took my bag and phone from my hand and put them on the table as I was walking in taking a slow and small step while looking around.

All the lights were off. There are scented candles everywhere and the smell is divine. Slow music is playing in the background relaxing me.

"Is this your important work?" I narrowed my eyes at him and he smiled.

"Yes... don't you think it's important," he muttered and I smiled.

"Come on, let's have dinner," he said and took me to the dining table.

"Wait, let me at least wash my hands," I said and walked into the kitchen to wash my hands while he was settling everything on the dining table.

He dragged a chair for me as I walked to the dining table after washing my hands.

"Thank you," I muttered and sat down. He sat opposite to me and opened the lids of the dishes. And the delicious aroma hit my nostrils, making me hungry.

He served me first then served for himself too.

"Wow," is the only word that escaped my mouth as soon as delicious food hit my tastebuds.

"This is so delicious," I muttered while putting another morsel of biryani in my mouth.

And a proud smile appeared on his face.

"Where did you learn cooking, Arnav?" I asked while eating like a homeless girl who has not eaten anything for days.

"From the---"

"From the person who makes delicious food," I finished for him.
"But who is the person?" I asked.

"It's my brother" he said and shuffled in his place.

"Your brother also cooks?" I questioned, surprised by the fact.

"Yeah, he wanted to become a chef actually," he answered.

"Oh...,"

"Hmm, that's why I have to study business," he remarked and I looked at him confused.

"He was not interested in business and one have to lead the S group between us, so I chose to study business while he went after his dream to be a chef," he explained.

"Then why did he come back for the S group?" I asked.

I know it can lead to further and can spoil our romantic dinner but I want to listen to him. He has been bottling up the things in his heart for so many years. He can only be peaceful when his heart feels at peace and that happens when its weight is lifted and that weight only decreases when he talks it out so I want to listen to his heart when he speaks.

"I don't know what happened to him but suddenly he changed his goal and came to the S group asking to be the CEO instead of me," he said.

"Hmm," I hummed asking him to continue.

"I worked hard for the S group, still I gave up and gave the CEO position to him but he messed it up. Because of him, we lost many projects and clients. That's when I stepped up and he stepped down because of the pressure from the board of directors."

"It took me one year to clear the mess he created. From that day I never compromised about work... if he wants, I can give him anything but not S group," he remarked.

"Do you like S group that much? Your position means a lot to you?" I asked.

I know he is not greedy about his position but I want to listen it from him because he needs to speak about the things which he was hiding behind that beautiful smile and cold temperament.

"It's not like that, butterfly. I don't desire neither the S group nor the position. I don't see S group as my personal business like my father and brother. For me, S group means livelihood to many people," he said and I looked at him to continue.

"Lakhs of people depended on the S group. If something happens, all their lives will be spoiled and their families will end up on the roads. My dream is to provide employment to jobless graduates then how can I let them create unemployment."

"So many graduates are suffering out there, so if I can create employment for them then why not? If I develop S group, it will create employment for those."

His reason left me speechless literally.

"You are great, Arnav," I commented and he chuckled.

"No, baby I am not," he shrugged and drank water.

"May I have the pleasure of dancing with you, my lady" he asked, extending his hand after the dinner.

"Of course, Mr," I smiled and took his hand.

Then we started swaying to the music while making a little chat.

"Butterfly, let's go out," he whispered in my ear and spun me around and I landed on his chest again.

"Where to?" I asked slowly.

"For a long drive, maybe," he replied and kissed my shoulder. A wave of shiver ran down my spine.

"Hmm," I hummed, agreeing to him.

.

.

.

"The weather is so nice," I commented looking up at the stars as we were driving in a topless car.

He held my hand in his hand while driving with one hand. It was pleasant with gentle breeze and cold weather.

"Where are we?" I asked when he stopped the car.

"My comfort place," he muttered and urged me to get down.

"This is where I used to come whether I was happy or sad," he remarked and walked ahead.

It was a lake and there was a wooden bridge for some distance.

I walked till the edge of the wooden bridge looking at the peaceful lake.

Punnami Ratri... Pandu vennallo... nakshatrala velugulo... Paira gali nadumana... chinna alajadi ayina lekunda... ah nadhi prashanthamga nidrapothunattu ga undhi...

Ah nadhilo kanipinche chandruni prathibimbam pasipapa navvu ni gurtuchese antha swachamga undhi... Meghala nadumuna unna jabali chukkalatho dhagudumuthalu aduthunttu ga, adhi chusi suryude siggupadi therachatuku vellenattuga vistharinchina chikatilo... premanu panchukuntuna chekora pakshula kekalu... vinapadakunda chese chirugaali chappudu manasuni parvashimpachese anandham e raatri ki sontham...

(This is not accurate but the meaning of the above lines: It seems the lake was sleeping soundly under the full moon at night in the light of stars with a gentle breeze without any worry. The reflection of the moon in the river is as pure as a baby's smile... In the darkness that stretched as if the sun was hiding behind a curtain, feeling shy to see the moon playing hide & seek with the stars... and the breeze which is making one unheard the sounds of loving birds... the peaceful feeling which I am feeling now belongs to this wonderful night.)

(AN: If anyone is wondering which language is in the above lines... Its Telugu, my mother tongue. Comment down if there are any Telugu people here)

It was so pretty that we could see the stars clearly in the water as the lake was sleeping peacefully.

When I turned around for him, I was again surprised as he was holding a guitar in his hands.

"Do you know how to play guitar?" I asked, surprised.

"Yes, baby," he replied and sat down, leaning on the fence of the bridge.

I sat down near him, eager to listen to the guitar.

"It is the first time I am playing this for someone," he remarked and I smiled proudly.

"So, I am your first audience," I asked playfully and he chuckled.

While I was looking at him, he started playing the guitar making eye contact.

He played soft music. His fingers touching the strings of the guitar gently while he looking at me lovingly as his lips curved into a beautiful smile.

"That was beautiful," I clapped for him while giggling.

"Really?" he asked.

"Really," I replied and went to his embrace.

.

.

He laid down on the bridge and I laid down putting my head on his chest. He covered us with a shawl.

We are talking little things randomly while looking at the sky. I closed my eyes hearing his soothing voice which is telling me stories of his life, which I was not a part of.

When it's the two of us...

In the middle of the night...

Sitting on the balcony...

In each other's arms...

Under the full moon...

Appreciating the starry sky...

Feeling the cold breeze...

Covering ourselves in a duvet...

Looking at the dark city...

Talking little things which make us smile... I want it to last for an eternity...

***

Hey guys

What do you think about the update? Tell me in comments

Apart from these stories, I also write random poems... if anyone is interested check out my Instagram profile, there I posted a few of my poems and also there is a book called 'Random thoughts' under my profile, I post these poems here too.

https://instagram.com/_shivanii_1910?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Or you can search _shivanii_1910

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts and suggestions 😍😍

💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

687K 42.7K 46
"Kabir Malhotra, a 25-year-old, young, handsome, gym freak, always a hot topic among girls. He's known to be rude and doesn't care about anyone excep...
8.5K 511 24
"Love found its way within our hearts for one another in a beautiful eternal way....through our special medium of relation- our friendship...." Story...
39K 1.2K 47
A story of past left incomplete. It's a story of Avantika and Karanveer. A woman With pride and self respect. A woman who knew how to break the soc...
550K 44.7K 64
"Don't! Don't ever do that to me." "It's my life my choice!" "It's not!" "Why do you think so?" "Because YOU ARE MINE FOREVER AND ALWAYS" "Wow! Am I...