𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄// 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐚...

By solangelo_sun_star

Sequel to "Into The Dark" on my old account @solangelo_sun_moon Will has been forced into a marriage with th... More

𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏// 𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐞 𝐀 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐// 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑// 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒// 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓// 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐇𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝, 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐇𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐝
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔// 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕// 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖// 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗// 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎// 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏// 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐// 𝐀𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑// 𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐬
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒// 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐞, 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓// 𝐀 𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐘𝐨𝐮
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔// 𝐒𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕// 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐍𝐨 𝐄𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖// 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗// 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐲
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎// 𝐓𝐨𝐨 𝐅𝐚𝐫 𝐆𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟏// 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟐// 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟑// 𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐥𝐞
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟒// 𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟓// 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟔// 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐝
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟕// 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟖// 𝐀 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟗// 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟎// 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐡
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟏// 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐘𝐨𝐮
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟐// 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐉𝐨𝐲
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟑// 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟒// 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟓// 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟔// 𝐑𝐮𝐧 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐈𝐭
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟕// 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟖// 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟗// 𝐃𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐡𝐬
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟎// 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐄𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐝
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟏// 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟐// 𝐒𝐚𝐲 𝐘𝐞𝐬
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟑// 𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟓// 𝐒𝐦𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐮𝐬𝐭
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟔// 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐖𝐚𝐲𝐬
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟕// 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟖// 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟗// 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐔𝐩
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟎// 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐝𝐨𝐦
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟏// 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐨 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟐// 𝐅𝐨𝐠𝐠𝐲
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟑// 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈𝐧 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐝
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟒// 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟓// 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟔// 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟕// 𝐓𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐡𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐦
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟖// 𝐀 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟗// 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔𝟎// 𝐄𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔𝟏// 𝐏𝐮𝐭 𝐈𝐭 𝐓𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐭
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔𝟐// 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔𝟑// 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔𝟒// 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐬
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔𝟓// 𝐑𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐡
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔𝟔// 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔𝟕// 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐞 𝐎𝐤𝐚𝐲
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔𝟖// 𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐬
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔𝟗// 𝐒𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕𝟎// 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐮𝐧 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐢𝐫
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕𝟏// 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕𝟐// 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕𝟑// 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐌𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕𝟒// 𝐁𝐲 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕𝟓// 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕𝟔// 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟒// 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

312 10 14
By solangelo_sun_star

Most of the visitors dispersed, though there was a bit of arguing from Reyna and Alex. Hazel arrived to the tent a few hours later; Nico could hear her talking to the healers outside. After a moment, she came in.

"I thought visiting hours were over?" Nico managed to get out. The painkillers were slowly starting to wear off, making him groggy. Magnus had crashed after the visit, snoring into his pillow.

Hazel smiled. "Being Queen has a few perks."

Nico smiled. "Will I get these perks when I become prince?"

Her eyes widened. "You're saying yes?"

Nico nodded, rubbing at his eyes, trying to shake off the fatigue. "The Shade Kingdom has some bad memories, and leaving my friends won't be fun, but I think it's for the better good." He tried for a smile. "I want to be with my sister."

Hazel gave a brilliant smile, rushing forward for a hug. "That's amazing." She withdrew, still beaming. "A small group of us will be heading back to the Aureole Kingdom for some things, so you can use that time to get everything you need and say goodbye to your friends." She sighed in relief. "I can't wait to go home."

Nico returned her smile. Her expression changed, as though just remembering something, and it became dark. He blinked up at her, concerned. "Is everything alright?"

"It's...nothing. Just a thought I had."

He was curious, but didn't want to push her. "You can tell me if you want, but you're not obligated to."

Hazel chewed on her lip for a moment, before speaking again, her voice much quieter. "I just realized...Blackstone won't see her home again." She sat down next to him on the bed. "Before she went on the mission, she was laughing with her coven, joking about going home and raising hell. And I just..." She took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't burden you with this. I should've just kept that to myself."

Nico reached out and put his hand on top of hers. When she looked at him, his eyes were full of compassion. "Your grief is not a burden to me," he said quietly. "You aren't a burden to me."

Hazel tried for a smile, wiping her face before scooting closer. She hesitated, before resting her head on his shoulder. He looped his arm around her, rubbing small circles into her back.

"She was a good friend to me," Hazel said. "Almost like a sister, you know?"

Nico nodded. "You always sat with her at the meetings with the Aureole Council." A memory came up, and he smiled. "You made faces at each other when the others weren't looking, trying to entertain each other because the meetings were so boring. I don't blame you. I was nearly falling asleep just standing guard."

Hazel chuckled to herself, raising her head. "Lou Ellen was always trying to make me laugh. During that fiasco of a wedding, she kept making jokes that William should push Jalgan down the stairs, or that she was going to hex Jalgan to make him fly off the dais."

Nico laughed. "I would've paid to see that!"

A comfortable silence followed their laughter. Hazel sighed through her nose. "I miss her. But...she's in a better place now. She's probably in Paradise right now, causing chaos."

"You think she'll hunt down our father in Punishment and beat the hell out of him?"

She grinned. "Oh, I know she will." Another shared smile, before Hazel wiped her face again, standing up out of his embrace. "I should leave you to rest. We have a big day tomorrow."

Impulsively, he stood up and kissed her on the cheek. "Good night, sis."

Her eyes gleamed with affection. "You, too, brother."

☀️☀️☀️

Nico woke up to faint sunlight piercing throught the tent and the sound of soft footsteps. He sat up to see Magnus peeking out of the tent, looking troubled. He saw Nico and paused. "Did I wake you? I'm sorry."

"You didn't wake me up. It's fine." He frowned at him. "Are you alright?"

"It's fine." His tone of voice told Nico it very much wasn't. "I just..." He loosed a shaky breath, then came over and sat back down on his bed. "Can I ask you a weird question? Promise not to judge me?"

Nico shrugged. "Go for it."

"Where are we right now?"

He blinked in surprise. "Uh, the middle of the desert. Between the Aureole and Shade Kingdoms."

Magnus nodded, rocking back and forth without thinking. "My stupid brain has convinced me that this is some experiment the Black Hand is pulling." He tried for a smile. "But that wouldn't make sense, of course. I mean, they pulled from my memories when they did this. Why would you be here when I barely know you?"

Nico returned the smile. "Exactly."

A beat of silence, before Magnus spoke again. "The sun's coming up. It's...beautiful, the colors in the sky." His eyes sofened. "I didn't know I would miss it."

"That's pretty cool," Nico said, touched.

"What is?"

"Just...you finding joy in those little things. I think that's cool."

Magnus shrugged, lying back down. "It's what I told my patients to do. 'Find joy in the little things when you can.' That kind of stuff." He huffed again, glaring at the door. "Speaking of patients, I hate being one. I can't wait to get out of here."

Nico laughed. "Don't like a taste of your own medicine, huh?"

"Oh, be quiet." Magnus rolled over, turning his back to him. "And no more puns."

"You're no fun."

Nico knew Magnus was smiling when he said, "Whatever. You should get more rest."

Nico did as he was told, laying back down and closing his eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.2K 3.4K 19
Disclaimer: I believe this story is too poorly put together to enter into the wattys. I'm sorry -- Neighbor au-- Disclaimer: ALL CHARACTERS BELONG T...
4.4K 122 20
Nico and Will are crushing, dating, and /suffering/. This is a rollercoaster of fluff and angst with Solangelo in the front lines. Please enjoy! (Not...
55.5K 1.4K 15
a solangelo story :). "You shine," he said, "you know that, right?" Nico rolled his eyes. "Can it, Solace. I'm so going to tease you for this when...
24.2K 590 29
[DISCONTINUED] Nico had flashbacks of Tartarus and they were getting worse. He didn't have anybody like Percy and Annabeth to stop them. Watch him as...