A Leap of Faith (Miles Morale...

By Psycho_Bacon31

Seeing as the new movie came out, I decided make my own story with Miles. Because I know Everyone is going af... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (NEW MOVIE SPOLIERS START HERE ⚠️)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21

Chapter 20

1.3K 67 97
By Psycho_Bacon31

Running.

Running was all that was thought about.

Running and Surviving.

Running and getting away.

Running.

The sounds of the rushed voices could be heard from behind, not mention alarms blaring all around. The High chase had began. Why? All for the canon event to go on. Letting innocent people die for the sake of the algorithm.

There had to be a way to prevent it.

There had to be a way to stop the canon, without any damage.

"Miles!!" Y/n called out to the running Miles, trying to keep up but, Miles was ultimately faster than they were. Courtesy of being an actual Spider-person.

"We need to get to out of here." Miles huffed, somehow they both managed to disappear from the other spiders by turning invisible, "We can use the Go Home Machine-"

"No. We need to draw them out first. Away from the HQ, enough where their guards will be lowered..."
Y/n interrupted, making Miles nod in agreement.

"Then what do we do?"

"We separate. Just for now. We'll lead more Spider-people away by doing that, then we'll meet up somewhere and get back to HQ ASAP." Y/n planned, but the thought of separation made Miles terrified.

"But what if they catch you? I won't be there to save you and I'll never forgive myself if I can't do that..." Miles spoke, almost as if something else was on his mind. His words bringing so much more depth knowing that Y/n was supposed to die.

"Miles...I'm tough. You more than anyone should know that....I WILL come back to you. That's a promise." Y/n smiled, placing a kiss on his lips, before swinging away.

Miles reached out, but just shook his head. Swinging off in the opposite direction of Y/n went. He's hoping all goes well...but something in the pit of his stomach went unsettled. Did he want Y/n to come back with him...? Will it up the probability of their death...? He's too afraid for that answer...

Meanwhile with Y/n, they've managed to sneak their way through Sector 8, looking around for a window or even a vent they could hop through. But this place huge, so it would take a while.

"Hey!! There they are!!" A random Spider-Person shouted, pointing over to Y/n as they froze.

"Ah shit-" Immediately Y/n began to run away, thousands and possibly millions of Spider-People were following them. Y/n dodged their flying webs, while also trying to get away.

Miles was having the same issue.

How did Y/n know? Because he was right below them, being tackled or grabbed. But he managed to slip away. Even with a whole ass T-Rex on him.

"GOTCHA!!"

"LET ME GO!!" Y/n struggled as a body suddenly grabbed them, not wanting to let go. It wasn't until an idea popped into their brain, smirking.

"How's your take on head trauma?" Y/n asked using their might to pull them self forwards, making the Spider confused. Before his head was bashed into by one of the pillars, while Y/n dodged it. And he fell down.

"Tried to warn ya." Y/n cackled before continuing to swing away from all the other approaching Spider-People. This motivated them to swing even faster.

At one point, coming across another room, Y/n could see Miles from afar. On the back of Web-Slinger's horse, staring dead in the eyes of the cowboy. Before Web-Slinger was webbed in the face and fell off.

Y/n could also see Miguel, Gwen, and Peter B. Running not to far behind him either. Y/n could tell Miguel's main target, was Miles and not them. Which made sense, Miles was the one wanted to stop his canon events. He's more of threat to Miguel than Y/n was.

Y/n swung over, dodging more flying Spider-people, before landing on Widow, right behind Miles. So much for the separation tactic, oh well, they can still lead them away together.

"Hey Partner." Y/n said in a fake country accent, "I reckon you be in a pickle."

"Y/n! Thank god you're here because- IM REALLY FREAKING OUT!!" Miles said in relief. Not only because he was relieved that they weren't captured, but happy to know that they're right by his side. Like they were supposed to be.

"Well, don't hold your horses now, you keep riding and I'll stop these wenches." Y/n smirked standing up on Widow, grabbing a couple of Web-Grenades, chucking them at some spiders. They went off and some were captured, others dodged, and some tripped over it.

"Won't be enough to stop them, but enough to stall them." Y/n sighed, before noticing a girl in a robotic wheelchair, that had spider legs come climbing up the wall.

"Miles, Y/n. I'm a huge fan of your work. They say you built that suit yourself right?" Sun-Spider asked Y/n, who furrowed their eyebrows.

"Uh, Yes I did."

"That's so cool! Anyways- Do you think Spider-people often use comedy as a crutch? Get it? Crutch?" She asked as she pushed off Miles and Y/n off the horse before they could actually answer.

Y/n almost fell down, but Miles grabbed their hand just in time. And he pulled them up to his back, only to notice an approaching Spider-Man. Who was...actually kind of slow.

"I can do anything you can- Oooh! Dang! I pulled something-"

"Uh..ok then- That way!!" Y/n pointed to the area labeled Strengths and Conditioning, wanting to ignore whatever just happened.

Both of them continued to run, sliding under a giant leg press machine. Miles turned and pulled a random Spider-Person down by webbing his feet. Making the whole thing fall on top of the others.

More and more than ran, not daring to look back. Some screen projected up, but the two ignored them completely. Just trying to get by with escaping.

"Sorry sorry sorry-" Y/n muttered apologizes as they stepped over a random Spider-person, as they were practicing their arm strength, creating a semi-bride of webs. But it cracked under all the pressure for the following Spiders.

Y/n sighed in relief, thinking it was all over. Only to feel Miles push them down, as a very pissed off Miguel tried to swipe at them both. Quickly getting back up, Y/n took Miles and swung upwards into a hatch, while Miles closed all of them below.

"Sup? There's no where to run..."

"Jesus Christ..." Y/n grumbled as even MORE Spider-People were getting in view. Seriously, like, HOW MANY ARE THERE???

Miguel broke through the floor, pouncing out like some sort of maniac killer panther. Looking to their side, Y/n saw a window. Without hesitation, Y/n grabbed Miles's arm, crashing through the glass. Miguel followed, and Miles continued to scream bloody murder.

"Stop running!!" Miguel shouted as his suit apparently had a gliding feature added on.

"Then stop chasing us!!" Miles retorted back, as both he and Y/n webbed onto a nearby flying car.

"You're so frustrating!!" Miguel hissed

"GOOD!! THEN IT SHOULD BE KEEPING YOU AWAY FROM US YOU LUNATIC!!" Y/n yelled, getting fed up with this shit. Miguel then cut the webs that held Miles and Y/n, causing them to crash downwards.

Jess slammed her bike into Miles's stomach, sending him falling faster. Y/n, quickly swung after him, reaching him with their hand and bringing him up to their chest as they wrapped their arms around him from behind. Y/n then look for a area to shoot a web at, only to see a web attach to Miles's chest.

Looking up to see Gwen.

She gave a soft look, as if trying to convince the two to stop this. And give up. Y/n sneered in disbelief and in distaste. Miles doing the same as he snapped her web off. The two watching the color and softness wash away from her face. Replaced with guilt and shock.

Suddenly they were grabbed by Scarlet Spider, as he tried to restrain their breathing with his biceps. Not to mention all the other Spiders grabbing a hold of the two.

"This is called the sleeper hold!! I'm using my bicep to constrict your-"

Miles grabbed his wrist, which had some powerful explosives. It blew up and released the two teens from his grasp, falling deeper into an underground city, resembling New York. But more futuristic.

As expected, Y/n and Miles continued to swing away in hopes of escaping. But their real intentions were still unknown to the other spiders, making the plan work out.

That was until they were both suddenly pulled up by a web, and into a hidden area. Luckily no one saw.

"WHAT THE-" Y/n was cut off by a shushing sound. It was Peter.

"Miles-"

"No no no!! Let me go!!" Miles freaked out, looking for a way to run, while keeping Y/n close to him. He couldn't trust him. Not anymore.

"It's crazy to run!" Peter whispers in worry

"Running is the LEAST crazy thing going on!!" Y/n scoffed

"I feel bad!" Peter admitted and Y/n glared at him.

"Good!!" Miles and Y/n said at the same time, climbing away from Peter's nonsense.

"But this is just how stuff works! You're not gonna win here!!" Peter chased after the two, but they didn't listen, "Wait- Don't move! Stop moving so fast?!"

"No!!" Miles seethed, helping Y/n up as he walked to a way to get out of where they were at.

"Do you wanna hold my baby?" Peter asked out of the blue.

"What??"

"Would you just give the baby one squeeze, and then we'll talk?" Peter asked again, holding out Mayday for Miles, who was reaching for him.

"We don't have time for this Peter!!" Y/n shouted, although Mayday's chubby face was tempting to squish. But that wasn't what was relevant right now.

"It's very rejuvenating!!"

"I'm plenty juvenated!!" Miles denied, walking further away with Y/n.

"You'll get more so when you go chest to chest with this magical child!!" Peter kept pestering

"You don't get to have a heartfelt conversation with us right now Peter!!" Y/n yelled in annoyance, jumping in surprise when Peter jumped down in front of the two.

"Just hold the baby!! We'll see what happens!!" Peter shouted, still holding Mayday out. Miles just yelled, turning the other way. Y/n following silently.

"YOU'RE BOTH THE REASON I HAD HER OK!! I thought...That if I did a decent job raising her...there was a chance she was gonna turn out like you..." Peter spoke softly, "And that got me excited because you are wonderful people!! And I like being around you!!"

Y/n sat next to Miles, who was hesitating on leaving now. His back turned away from his mentor that he missed being around. Y/n frowned at the way Miles bit his lip, trying his best to cover his tears.

"Then why couldn't you come see me?"

"Be-...I couldn't...." Peter excused poorly

"Don't give us that bullshit..." Y/n sneered

"I wanted to be with you guys so badly..." Miles sniffed, and Y/n was swift to put a comforting hand on his back, "But this thing isn't what I thought it was..."

"Look...bad things are gonna happen...It makes us who we are. But good things happen too you know? Like you happened, and she happened." Peter smiled, watching as Mayday climbed into Miles's arms. Making Miles freak out, not knowing what to do.

"Miles oh my god..." Y/n couldn't help but giggle. He was terrible at holding a baby. Worse than them.

"You are SO bad a holding a baby!!" Peter laughed, shaking Miles's shoulder a bit.

"We got your location Peter."

"Wait wait wait wait!! No! No no- You do NOT have my location Over!!" Peter stressed

Y/n's stomach dropped. It was a con. Peter was only talking to them to give away their location. They need to move...

"No no no- Look Miles- Y/n-I-I didn't know I promise you!! Please man let's talk about this..." Peter tried to reach his hand out, only for Miles to grab it.

"We did." Miles then webbed his feet up, making Peter hang upside down with Mayday, as Y/n opened up the vent area. They gave one last disappointed and Betrayed look to Peter, and he just frowned with guilty eyes. Wasting no more time, Y/n Jumped down, Miles following after.

They free fell for a good minute, before an explosion hit their backs, sending them flying out and onto a nearby vehicle.

"Miles!! Y/n!!" Gwen called out, but was ignored as the two began to run and swing away again. Landing on top of a bus, only to duck down as Jess came flying in.

"Does this woman just enjoy hitting children with her motorcycle?!" Y/n hissed under their breath, helping Miles take her out by webbing her bike forwards, kicking it away, before wrapping her up and sticking her to the front of the bus.

It didn't take long for Miguel to gain up on the two wanted teens, as he swiped at them with his talons or claws. Whatever they are.

"Stop pretending you know what you're doing!!" Miguel shouted over the rushing wind.

"Oh we have a plan!! I just- Haven't told you yet!" Miles confidently spoke, looking over at Y/n as they barley dodged Miguel's fist. Quickly Miles Webbed his face, giving the two enough time to crawl away, and grab onto a bar.

Miguel tried to tackle them both but Y/n slammed their foot into Miguel's face, but Miguel retailed by grabbing Miles's wrist band. Tearing it off as he fell back down.

"Miles!!" Y/n panicked as Miles began to glitch again, falling back as well until Y/n webbed his arm. Trying to keep him from crashing into stuff, while also pulling up with all their strength.

Miles climbed back up, sticking next to Y/n. Immediately Y/n began to try and remove their bracelet to give to Miles, but he stopped them.

"No. Don't. I would rather glitch in pain, than let it be you. I'll be fine." He said swiftly, and Y/n hesitantly nodded.

Suddenly the subway they were sticking on began to increase in speed. They were plenty ways from the HQ. Now is the time to strike, and get out.

But a screeching behind them caught their attention, both of them looking at Miguel who tore open the subway metal like nothing, trying to get to Miles.

"What are those, CLAWS?!" Miles scoffed as he began climbing away.

"Dude?? Are you sure you're even SpiderMan?!" Y/n added onto Miles's statement, then again they had no room to talk. But seriously, what the hell even is this guy??

"Are you?! Who do you think you are Miles?! Really!!" Miguel hissed like a animal who had rabies, climbing faster.

Miles paused and looked over at Y/n, giving them a nod. Y/n got his look, and smirked getting ready to free fall.

Miles looked down at Miguel, before falling down towards him, Y/n jumping after him. Miles landed the first hit, kneeing Miguel in the face as he sent him flying. Only for Y/n to web him back up and sent another kick to his chest. Once again, making him fall down.

The two tried to make a run for it after that, but Miles was webbed and pulled back. Only for Miles to free himself by using a web grenade Y/n secretly passed him. The two then falling back to where the vehicles were, falling and dodging. Before slamming into a car, where a poor innocent man just stared with wide eyes.

"Sup man?" Miles greeted, and the man nodded.

"Loving the mask- Uh- Wish we could talk more but uh- We gotta gooooo...." Y/n mumbled awkwardly, only for Miguel to come crashing into Miles like a bullet. It shook the car, causing Y/n to slip off and hang off with their web.

"You don't get it!! You're an anomaly!" Miguel yelled, pushing Miles further into the car.

"Not if you let us go home!!" Y/n called out from behind, trying to pull themselves back up to aid Miles. But another car crashed into them, giving enough diversion for the two teens to swing off.

Only for a woman to tattle on them, pointing to where they went.

"Snitch!!" Miles yelled as he swung away, but Miguel was to persistent with taking Miles down. Slamming him into metal, leaving a dent.

Y/n saw from afar, and felt fear struck their nerves as they balanced themselves on top of a moving car. Trying to parkour their way over to the fighting men.

"Everywhere you go, you're an anomaly!!" Miguel shouted out, missing Miles as Miles moved away from his attack. Only to slam his elbow into Miguel's head three times aggressively.

Miles tried to jump away, but Miguel grabbed him swiftly, body slamming him again. But this time, successfully pinning him down.

"Miles!! HEY! GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM-" Y/n felt a tug on their back, only to see Gwen and Peter trying to hold them back. "Let go of me!! He's gonna kill Miles!!"

"Y/n..." Gwen tried to start, reaching her other hand out, only for Y/n to slap it away. But Peter kept a hold on Y/n's arms. Again, seeing as they have super strength, Y/n couldn't escape the grip he held. Rendering them useless as Miles was struggling with Miguel.

"You're the Original anomaly!! The Spider that gave you your powers, wasn't from your dimension!! IT WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO BITE YOU!!" Miguel seethed, watching as Miles try and back away. With no luck.

"Miguel Don't!!" Gwen begged, falling on deaf ears.

"There's a world out there with no Spider-Man to protect them!! Because it but YOU instead!! You're not supposed to be Spider-Man!!" Miguel continued, once again managing to pin Miles down. Slamming his back harshly into the hard surface, revealing his face.

"You're lying!! I'm Spider-Man!!" Miles denied

"You're a mistake!! If you hadn't been bit, your Peter Parker would've lived!! Instead he died. Saving YOU." Miguel revealed, not even struggling with holding Miles down, "If you and Y/n would've stopped the collider before it went off. Spot wouldn't exist. Y/n's brother wouldn't BE some crazed super villain!! And NONE of this would've happened!!"

Y/n furrowed their eyebrows, boiled rage filling up in their chest as Miguel dared to talk about John. But what made them really upset the most, was the fact they WERE upset at the fact John wouldn't be the Spot if the collider was turned off. If what Miguel says is really true, then what would've happened if Miles was never bitten?

Y/n doesn't wanna think about it.

Because a life without Miles, isn't a life they want to live in at all.

They don't care what Miguel says, true or not. Y/n will ALWAYS, stick to Miles's side.

"And all this time- I have been the ONLY one holding it all together!" Miguel sneered with a crazed look to his face, still slamming Miles's back down.

"Miguel go easy on him!!" Peter begged, freaked out as he watch Miguel practically beat up a child. Taking this moment, Y/n slipped their arm out of Peter's grip. The wind rushed past them, making it difficult to walk forward but they perused.

"Miguel that's enough!!" Gwen yelled desperately

"This isn't what we talked about!!" Peter added on, making both Y/n and Miles pause.

"You talked about this...?" Miles asked in disbelief, "You knew..." he looked at all of them. Like this whole time, they looked away from Miles's betrayed eyes.

"You...You all knew?!" Y/n raged and demanded, "Answer him!!"

"I...I didn't know...How to tell you..." Gwen finally responded to Miles.

"That's why you never came to see me." Miles connected the dots, his heart feeling as it was stabbed over and over again.

"Miles- It's for your own good! Y/n you have to tell him that! He'll listen to you-"

"I am NOT on your side on this. I can't believe you all thought this was fucking ok?! To lie to him? To us?! Some friends you are." Y/n interrupted with a cold gaze, their fist tightening. They can't even imagine how Miles felt right now.

"Im not a kid Gwen!!" Miles added on, the obvious hurt in his tone could be heard. Miguel stopped his train of thoughts with another slam.

"That's exactly what you are! You're just a kid. Who has NO idea what he's doing!!" Miguel sneered, and Miles began to use his palms. He sent a look to Y/n, and Y/n nodded. It's time for their plan to come into play.

"Yeah well...I did lure hundreds of Spider-people away from your little clubhouse." Miles whispered hoarsely

"What-" Miguel looked behind him, Y/n moving aside to reveal all of the Spider society climbing up after him.

"I guess he did plan this out!" Peter smiled

"And- Im about to do this." Miles smiled maliciously as electricity began to spark from his hands, making Miguel panic. He tried pulling back, but he was stuck.

"Everyone keeps telling me how MY story is supposed to go. Nah...Ima do my own thing." Miles placed his charged hands onto Miguel's chest, watching as it glowed bright, "Sorry man. Im going home."

Miguel was then electrocuted, being sent all way outwards, and falling down into other Spiders below. His suit malfunctioning.

"Sayonara BITCH!!" Y/n cackled at Miguel's demise, then turning to give Miles a soft stare. "Let's go home Miles."

Miles nodded, giving one last look at Gwen and Peter. Before falling away, Y/n joining him. Not looking back as they both turned invisible.

It was time to go back Home.
———————————————————————————
JESUS- This was so fucking hard to write oml.

Im sorry if I kept repeating words or something- But it was really hard to write a whole ass chase scene like this😭

But I hope you all enjoyed anyway😌

How we feeling you guys?? It's almost time for the end of this book👀

I hope you all have enjoyed this incredible journey, can't believe it's almost over already!

Oh well. At least you guys will come back to it whenever the new movie comes out!!

Anyways, Have a wonderful day/night!! Until next chapter, BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325K 9.1K 23
Y/n Parker, cousin to Peter Parker and Miles Morales' best friend. You've grown up together and now he's transferring to your school. After realizing...
10K 507 37
People wonder what life as a hero, saving New York every now and then, what it all feels like. Well, here's your answer. It's difficult, but it's fu...
193K 2.9K 28
"Multiverse is just an theory. Like in another dimension i probably done something what has cost me MY life." were most famous words from your father...
73.4K 1.9K 24
★ IN WHICH: your just an ordinary person with a big heart and nice personality, but mysteriously one day you and your two friends miles an...