Heartless People |Book 3|

By Jenlisaa18

The 3rd book of "Heartless People" Read the other books if you haven't yet;) •A G!P story! Book 3~Finished More

Synopsis
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
The Manoban Rules

Chapter 16

1.1K 22 0
By Jenlisaa18

"Older men declare war. But it is youth that must fight and die."

—Herbert Hoover

JENNIE

Sitting on the bed, I brushed Ethan's hair as he lay in between my legs. He was getting so big. Every day he seemed to grow, and so did that grin of his. Every time I looked at him, all I could see was Lisa. They looked so much alike, it was as if he'd gotten no physical characteristics from me.

"If you're going to look like her, you're gonna act like me," I whispered down at him, as I gently tapped his little nose. He giggled and tried to grab onto my finger as if it was something he'd never seen before.

"I'm going to teach you how to shoot, and if she ever tells you that she's a better shot than I am, tell me, and I'll show you all the bullet wounds she got from me." I tapped his nose again and this time he laughed loudly.

"When you're old enough to understand, she's going to tell you all these rules that she claims were passed down through her family, but I swear she makes them up as she goes."

He frowned and I would've liked to think that it was because he dreaded having to hear those rules, but I was pretty sure that he only wanted me to push his nose again.

The door to our bedroom opened and Lisa leaned against the frame grinning like a loon. I glared at her and picked Ethan up before sitting him on my lap.

"How long were you eavesdropping?"

"Long enough to hear you trying to turn our son against me," she smirked as she walked to us.

"I wasn't turning him against you, I was just making sure that his love was spilt fifty-one—forty-nine."

"Won't work. I'm the cool parent," she replied. And as she bent down to kiss Ethan's forehead, Ethan started to cry.

"I can feel the good times coming," I laughed, as I pulled him back. Lisa looked so confused that it was almost sad, but she should have known better, Ethan loved Lisa, if only to pull on her hair. "You stink, babe, try again after a shower."

She sniffs her shirt. "Ah, no wonder he's in tears."

"Yeah, that's the reason," I replied sarcastically. And as she took off her shirt, I found myself fighting the urge to look at her...but I lost and caught myself gawking like a teenager.

"See something you like?" Lisa asked, as she gazed down at herself before meeting my eyes.

"I'm free to look at what I own."

"Remember that when I repeat the sentiment." She dropped her pants and boxers.

Biting my tongue, I walked to the door with Ethan. "We need to be ready in an hour. How was the run?"

She grabbed another towel from the closet. "It went as well as it could have gone."

"Bambam returned an hour ago."

"Yeah. I chose to keep running with Chanyeol."

I nodded but I didn't press her for more. Bambam knew he had a choice to make. Hopefully the gravestones would haunt him, they were fake, no one knew that but Lisa and myself, but the point remained the same. No matter how Lisa felt about Bambam, I knew she didn't want to kill him.

I walked into the room we'd been using as a nursery here in D.C., and I saw Marco and Evelyn standing by the window speaking quietly to each other. They looked like teenagers sneaking around.

"Am I interrupting?" I asked them.

"Yes, but since you brought Ethan, we shall forgive you." Evelyn grinned as she came towards us with open arms.

Kissing Ethan's head, I placed him in her arms.

"Do you want a bath?" she asked, as she bounced him up and down while they walked off towards the bathroom.

"He's already been changed," I said to her.

"But you want a bath. Don't you, Ethan?" She grinned and I rolled my eyes and watched as they disappeared.

"She's been waiting for a grandchild forever. Let her have her fun," Marco said and smiled, as he leaned against the window.

"Well as long as she's having fun," I replied, moving towards him. "How are you enjoying the role of babysitter?"

"I was enjoying it a lot more before you labeled it. I've taken up a few new hobbies, why does the Great Jennie wish to know?"

"Idle hands are the devil's play tool."

He perked up slightly, as if he were waiting for the bone I was throwing his way. I gazed out the window and stared at the Washington Monument that stood in the distance.

"Do you plan to keep me in suspense for long?"

Giving him my attention, I sighed. "I need you to create different identities for us."

"Don't you have those already?" He frowned.

"We do, but I need them to cover every angle. Birth records, passports, taxes, education, yearbooks, I need you to build us eight brand new lives."

"You mean nine, including Ethan."

"No, eight, including Ethan. Maybe even seven, but for now eight."

He stared into my eyes and I didn't flinch.

"Mina and Bambam—"

"Have a choice."

"Do you really believe new IDs will be needed?"

"I don't know. But I'd rather be safe than ignorant to the facts. Avian is different. If anything happens, I want to have my bases covered."

"Fine. I'll get working on it, but it will take time."

"That's why I'm telling you now. And Marco, don't allow anyone to find out you're doing this, not even Evelyn. Not even Lisa knows what I'm asking of you. I don't want her thinking that I doubt us."

He nodded as the door opened and Lisa walked in dressed in jeans and a button down shirt with a bag over her shoulder.

"You both look suspicious," she said tentatively.

"They do, don't they," Evelyn stated, as she stepped in with a sleepy looking Ethan in her arms. Lisa kissed his head and this time he didn't cry but yawned instead.

"We have a meeting to get to," I said, and Lisa nodded.

LISA

"Name?" a blond-haired bodyguard asked as he blocked our path into the mansion with his hands.

For it being so early in the day, you would think there wouldn't be so many people already here, but that didn't seem to be the case. Nothing got people going more than a millionaire throwing a pool party.

Pushing the glasses up my fake nose, I looked to Jen as she clenched her hand in annoyance, the short hair of her wig blew slightly to the side. She wore a short, red beach dress that had already caught the attention of a few men lingering around the property. The music was so loud it seemed to make the closed doors vibrate from outside.

"We're the tax collectors," I said, and the big man looked to the second guard in confusion.

"We've already paid the tax. I know this because I personally paid it myself," he sneered as he eyed us both.

"You're nothing but a doorman."

"Fuck you. You got ten seconds to get out of here before I put a bullet in the two of yah."

"I think you should let us talk to someone a little higher up on the food chain," Jen replied and he sucked his teeth in response.

"Let them through, Bell," the second guard said as he subtly moved his blazer to make us fully aware of the gun at his waistline.

"Bell? Like Tinker Bell? Isn't that cute," I mocked, brushing past his shoulders as we moved up the stairs.

"You better pray you are who you say you are, or I will personally kill you slowly," he snapped as he led the way.

None of the guests paid us any mind as we entered. They were all too busy drinking and groping each other to care. The only ones who focused on us were the guards; they stuck out like the secret service in a kindergarten classroom. The man we wanted to speak with sat under a beach canopy with three women, all of whom were preoccupied with kissing and touching his body.

I hated meeting dealers.

They were a necessary evil that I found myself getting rid of more often than not. He didn't pay any attention to us and instead chose to slobber all over the women around him. Jen took the chilled bottle of champagne and poured it over the girls

"You bitch!" they screamed, as two of the guards came forward.

"Move another inch and you will be face down in that pool," I stated and he froze as a red dot appeared in the center of his chest.

"We don't want to make a scene, Gus. This is an amazing party. But we can and will if we have to," Jen said as she took a seat on the lawn chair and crossed her legs.

He clenched his jaw, making the scar on it quite prominent. "Go, now."

The women glared at us as they staggered away.

"We paid the bosses our fucking share already." He spat off to the side. "And you two ain't the normal collectors."

"About that, we aren't really collectors," I said eying Gus as he sat up.

His guards circled in behind us while Bell began to smile like an idiot. This was why I hated wasting my time with the footmen, they were always a bunch of trigger-happy morons. "What are you going to do? Shoot us? Make a scene and have the cops show up, because we both know they've been gunning for you for months now."

"You gotta be a special type of stupid to crash my fucking party like this." His jaw clenched as he poured himself a glass of champagne.

"It was either we crash it now or the FBI crash it later." Jen smiled and I knew that smile well. We're going to have to find ourselves another dealer in the district.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

Jen leaned forward. "I'll use small words since you're incapable of comprehending; you have a rat, and not just any rat, but a fed."

He sat still, staring at us for a moment before he put his glass down on the table beside him.

"Who is it?"

"Would you like the honor Tinker Bell? Or should I?" I said as I looked to him.

He froze for a moment before snapping. "They're out of their fucking minds, sir! We don't even know who these motherfuckers are—!"

"Dear God, stop yelling," Jen held her fingers to her ears. "This can be proven quite easily, just check your email Gus."

He took his phone out and scrolled through his emails, reading the files that the FBI had tried to hide, even that of Tinker Bell's family. The family no one knew of; two little girls and a pregnant wife.

Three.

Two.

One.

"You bastard!" Gus screeched as he lunged for him.

Before he could reach him, Tinker Bell tried to make a run for it. It was pathetic attempt. I thought he would have gone down with more honor than that. Holding on to his arms, the guards pulled him back to Gus. He struggled but it didn't matter.

"You're going to wish you were dead by the time I'm through with you."

"Actually," Jen said as she rose from her chair, "we would like the pleasure of getting rid of him."

"Why? What the fuck do you want with him?"

"Let's just say our bosses want to make an example out of him. But don't worry, you will have proof that he's gone," I stated.

Jen clapped as she turned to look at his men. "Now which one of you gentlemen would like to escort our prize to the car?"

"What makes you think I'm just going to hand him over so quickly?" Gus was thinking a bit too much.

"Because if you don't, every one of your consumers will think that you've been working with the FBI and so will your bosses. So tell me, does Tinker Bell really mean that much to you?" I asked him.

He swallowed and shook his head. "Just bring me the proof."

"We said you were going to get it and you will. Word of advice though; start looking for a new city. I'm sure Agent Tyson has already told them more than enough to put you away for life." I stood in front of the man who held his head high as if he had not just tried to run like the little bitch he was.

"We were going to kill you quickly, but then you threatened us."

"Bye, Gus."

Jen and I walk away as his men dragged out the agent. The great thing about Gus' parties was the fact that drugs were so rampant that almost everyone there was high on something. None of them cared that we're dragging a reluctant man through the house. They were in their own personal high.

People were selfish and self-serving. They were ruthless and didn't even know it.

JENNIE

"Lisa, he's dead, you can stop now," I said as I leaned against the rails of the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge. The bridge had been shut down so there was no chance of anyone driving across it. All we needed were police officers at both ends to let the motorists know that the bridge was closed. The D.C. police were harder to pay off than the Chicago police, but not by much.

Lisa had beaten into Tinker Bell's face so badly that both his eyes were swollen shut. We knew he hadn't known much, but we didn't expect him to be so clueless. He had been undercover for eight months, most likely waiting for Gus to refer to the Manoban family. But our name was never openly mentioned. We referred to ourselves as the bosses, and all those who communicated directly with the dealers were simply referred to as "tax collectors."

"Kill joy," Lisa muttered, as I pulled out the man's badge along with a note that read "Rat." I placed both items over Agent Tyson's head.

Taking the rope, Lisa wrapped it around Tyson's neck before she tied the other end to the rails. Then we picked him up and threw him over and watched as his bodyweight pulled the rope taut. He bounced and jerked like a marionette before going still. His body swung and turned as the winds blew.

"Someone's going to make the evening news," Lisa whispered.

"All in a day's work, the second agent to fuck up in as many days. Avian will have his confirmation." I smiled. There was no way he could stop us without knowing who we were going to go after next. Myoi had given us a list of names that spanned across the country. The next person was going to be taken care of by Victoria and Nickhun in Chicago.

Walking to the car, Lisa opened the door for me and we both took a seat. We drove across the bridge and the police left without another word. I waited until we were a few miles from the bridge before I turned to her.

"Do you trust them?"

"Not even the slightest." She smirked and slowed down as the cop in front of us sped forward.

I sighed. "Neither do I."

Taking out the burner phone, I dialed, and as people began to honk at us, the police car went up in flames.

"None of them are in any rush now," Lisa muttered as she looked into the rearview mirror. A few who stepped out were rapidly speaking on their cell phones.

"Well, I am, let's go home."

"We have dinner reservations," she replied as she pulled off her fake nose and edged the car forward.

I turned so fast that my head snapped. "You're joking," I glared at her.

"You agreed."

"Now is hardly the time."

"Is there any better time?"

Crossing my arms, I leaned back and refused to speak to her. It felt kind of childish, but I didn't care. Lisa, much to my annoyance, placed her hand on my thigh, forcing me to look back at her.

"I enjoy going on the dates with you, Jen. They make me feel like we met normally and I swept you off your feet."

"Swept me off my feet? Is there a reason why I can't walk?" I asked her smiling.

She rolled her eyes. "I've never met a woman so opposed to romance in my whole life." She shook her head, and looked out the windshield.

"You have to admit, I'm getting better. One day I may even ask for flowers." The moment I said it I laughed, causing her to frown. This time I placed my hand on her thigh. "Lisa, my definition of romance isn't chocolate, flowers and dates...but if you're dying to get me to some restaurant, fine. Go crazy."

She snickered. "Oh I have, baby, I have. You might want to take that wig off."

I eyed her carefully before I took off my wig and pulled the pins out of my hair.

"What are you planning, Manoban?"

She said nothing, as we pulled up to a designer boutique and an older man came to the door, and held it open for me.

"Welcome to the Louvre, Mrs. Manoban," the man said to me, as he helped me out of the car.

I remained silent as Lisa exited the car and came around to meet me. One of the valets made a move to park the car, however Chanyeol, who I had not seen until that moment, came around and stepped into the driver's seat.

Lisa led me into a store filled with luxury dresses, marble white floors, and antique furniture. Three women, dressed in black, stood waiting. One of them had a make-up belt and a curling iron.

"A make over? If you had told me, I would have gotten dress—"

"Ladies, do not pay any mind to her. She's in your hands."

Lisa ignored me before she excused herself and stepped into another room.

"Right this way, Mrs. Manoban. Would you like some champagne?" the smiley woman in black asked, as she placed her bony hand on my arm.

I felt my eyebrow twitch at her touch. "I prefer red wine."

"Ms. Manoban said you would," another woman added, as she handed me a glass. I glared at the section Lisa had disappeared into as the women led me into the dressing room and offered me a seat.

Do not make a scene. Do not kill.

"We're going to pull out some dresses, just let us know if anything catches your eye; nothing is off limits," bony hands said with a grin so wide that her face looked as though it was about to crack.

I wonder how much she's making on commission.

"How can I pick a dress if I have no idea where I'm wearing it to?" I asked them as I sipped my drink. The moment I did, I paused; it was my favorite wine.

How the hell did she plan all of this?

We had ten billion things to do, and she had me shopping.

"Don't worry, Mrs. Manoban, your wife told us everything and all the choices will work perfectly for the night."

"She told you everything? Good. Where are we going?"

She giggled, not at all realizing how serious I was. "We can't tell you and you might as well stop asking because you won't get anything from us."

So you think.

Off the top of my head, I could think of at least six different ways to get her talking, four of which involved dismemberment of some sort.

My phone buzzed and I grabbed it to find a text from Lisa.

"Be nice. Or have you lost your touch? The woman I married could fool angels into believing she was one of them."

She was taunting me, knowing full well that I would prove to her that nothing had changed. She'd been able to play me like a violin. Since when did she get to know me so well?

With a sigh I sat back and gave them a brilliant smile. "Fine. You win. Dazzle me."

"Great!" They clapped. "The first dress I have for you is a black and gold Chanel piece."

I look it over and frowned; "It's pretty, but I don't have the figure for it."

"Oh, Mrs. Manoban, you're beautiful!" They gushed as I rolled my eyes.

There was nothing a woman liked more than making another woman feel better after she'd put herself down.

LISA

I stepped out, and pulled on my sleeves as Jen came in wearing a tight, black dress. Her hair was down and curled, her make-up was done naturally, and her eyes shone. She was stunningly beautiful.

"You clean up nicely," she said to me as she walked forward.

I pulled her to me, and kissed her as hard as possible. In response, she wrapped her arms around my neck, and moaned.

"We have to go or you're going to make us late," I whispered, as I broke away from her hold.

"It's hard for me to keep track of time if I don't know where we're going."

"Patience is a virtue."

She leaned into me and kissed my lips. "Who ever said I was virtuous?"

With a groan, I once more forced myself to pull away before I took her hand and walked out of the store. There, both Kain and Chanyeol stood, dressed in suits before the new black car.

Jen turned to me, mouth slightly open before she turned to address them.

"Tell her nothing," I said quickly before they caved under her orders.

She stayed quiet, and entered the car. I knew she was getting frustrated and it amused me. She hated this type of attention, simply because she wasn't in control. God forbid anyone ever surprised her. But thankfully, it was a short ride to the where we were going.

For the last few days, we had been getting our hands dirty, it was only right that today of all days we enjoyed the brief time we had together.

I pulled out the box and waited as she all but pressed her face against the window and stared at the building ahead.

"The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts? Lisa, what—" she turned to me, then stopped short as she stared at the box in my hand. With a sigh, she stared into my eyes. "When I said go crazy, I did not truly mean to go insane, Lisa," she whispered.

"You can't take it back, now open it."

She didn't, so I opened it for her.

She stared at the diamond bracelet for a moment before turning her furious gaze to me.

"You cheated on me, didn't you?"

I coughed while the men up front both snickered. Glaring at them both, they caught my furious gaze in the rearview mirror and immediately silenced themselves. Turning back to her I smirked. "Really, that's the best you can think of?"

She frowned. "Thank you for the bracelet, the dress, the shoes, the wine, and I'm guessing that this is an opera?"

"Yes. Bianca e Falliero by Felice Romani. But before that, the symphony will play a piece written solely for you." I smiled as her eyes widen slightly.

"You had a symphony composed for me? As in symphony orchestra?" she asked slowly. "I may not be used to this dating thing, but don't most guys just write a song?"

I wonder where she got that idea from.

"Would you have married me if I were most guys?"

The look on her face right now...

"Lisa, for a simple date, you're going above and beyond. How did you even know that Bianca e Falliero was my favorite?"

"Jinx." I frowned at the thought. "And it's not a simple date."

"I knew it. What's going on, is there someone in there that we need to get rid of? I don't remember any—"

Taking her hand in my own, I pulled her to me, and pressed my lips against hers hard and fast. I could taste her, and at this point she wouldn't have any lipstick left before we started our date.

"This isn't a hit, it's a date, our date. After all, it is our anniversary," I whispered only inches from her lips.

Her mouth dropped open and it looked as though she was going over every moment we had ever shared together. She glanced at the dress and then at the bracelet that still lay nestled in the velvet box in her hand.

"Now I feel like a bitch."

"You are, but it's a part of your charm." I smiled as I took the box out of her hands and snapped the heavy jewelry around her wrist.

She brushed her hand through my hair. "I forgot, I've been so worried about Avian."

"I know," I whispered. "We will get him. I swear. But he can't take over our entire life. All work and no play is not healthy for us Thais, and it's considered a sin for you Koreans."

Kain opened the door for us and stood waiting as we climbed out. Stepping past me, Jen turned and shot me a wicked grin. "The faster we get through this, the quicker I can give you my gift," she said before she disappeared into the crowd that stood in front of the center.

Playing with her was my favorite pasttime.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

635K 19.3K 78
Lisa and Jennie are happy. They're engaged and about to have a baby. Just as they're about to get their happy ending Lisa gets into an accident and f...
684K 21.1K 45
VIII 𝒏𝒂 𝒏𝒂 𝒏𝒂 𝒏𝒂 𝒏𝒂 𝒏𝒂 𝒏𝒂 𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒋𝒖𝒅𝒆 THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY FROM MY WANDERING MIND. Please respect and do not adapt and republ...
416K 8.5K 70
Lisa Manoban who has a different kind of work, a very different one. Jennie Kim who happened to be a bitch but an innocent girl in terms of sex. Wil...
787K 21.9K 46
VI 𝒂𝒚𝒂𝒘 𝒌𝒐 𝒏𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒈 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍, 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒕𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒖𝒆 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌 LET ME REMIND YOU, PREPARE YOUR HANKY AND HEART ❗️❗️❗️ THIS STORY IS NOT...