πƒπˆπ…π…π„π‘π„ππ“ . (stud x...

By ASHANTll

- discontinued until further notice the world is quickly becoming overpopulated, leaving the government no c... More

─ πŽππ„
βΈΊ π“π–πŽ
─ 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
βΈΊ π…πˆπ•π„
βΈ»π’πˆπ—.

βΈΊ π…πŽπ”π‘

1.6K 130 109
By ASHANTll

hey yall :) don't forget to vote so we can get to the good shit 

ken-

I drove down the highway, my locs hanging in my face, flying everywhere as brent faiyaz banged through my speakers. It was early in the morning, about 8am. I woke up in lee's house this morning, and i left as quick as i woke up. i felt like i was intruding. waking up all in her bed like that.. embarrassing. the way i put my mouth on her yesterday, barely knowing her, all cus i was drunk.. embarrassing. she didn't seem too bothered by it.. in fact, she seemed to enjoy the company. but, me? nah. I had to dip. I appreciated her for takin me back home, i guess i had blacked out after i beat that bitch ass. too much alcohol in my damn system.

I rode through my neighborhood, trying my best to get home. seems like it was bout to rain. I seen a baby deer on the side of the road, and i slowed down cus i swear them mfs loved to run out in front of yo car the last minute. as i got closer, i realized the baby deer, was actually.. not? I squint, and my heart immediately drops. It was a baby girl. I step on my brakes, looking around to see if it were safe to exit. I didn't see anybody in the distance, so i swiftly stepped out my car and kneeled down to the girl who was sitting in the damp grass, her brown blanket wrapped around her, and over her head. her black curls were slick with sweat against her forehead, her big brown eyes looking up at me. full of fear.

"hey, are you okay sweetheart?" i softly ask her.

her heavily freckled little nose scrunches up, and her big eyes fill with tears again. I shake my head. "no, its okay. hold on." i scoop her up in my arms and she immediately clings to me, hiding her small face in my chest and holding onto my shirt. I look behind us, and i see the house behind us has the front door wide open. "oh, fuck.." i mumble. the little girl coughs in my chest, she must be sick from sitting outside for who knows how long, in the rain. I walk up to the door, making my way inside. the girl pops her head up cautiously.

she looks up at me with those big eyes again, and i look down at the floor, seeing blue pills scattered all around. I sigh, retrieving my phone from my pocket, dialing my base. I pick up the box. i peek my head around the corner, seeing two adults sprawled out on the couch, foaming at the mouth. I sigh, dialing my base. "hey, this is kennedi hiles. Id just like to report batch number 5421 has been deemed successful." my voice cracks near the end of my sentence. 

"I look down at the little girl cradled in my arms, who was on her way to sleep. she had her mouth slightly open, her breathing shaky. I better get her home and get her cleaned up.

I ran out to my car, trying to avoid the rain as i hop in the drivers seat, gently placing the small girl in the passenger seat and snapping the seat belt around her. shes still visibly shaking, so i turn the heat on for her and roll my windows up as i make my way down the road.

—-

I sit on the floor next the the bathtub as the baby girl splashes around, playing with the rubber ducks i had slipped in there for her. hair jet black hair was soapy and slicked back with water, i was in the process of washing it. she cooed softly, splashing her small hands around in the bubbles.

"you like the bubbles mama?" i gently tap her small nose, making her giggle. she had two little teeth coming in her bottom gums. she couldn't have been more than eight or nine months. the whole situation was fucked up to me forreal. they wasn't thinking about the kids when they enforced these pills. I reached in the tub to drain it, then gently lifted the baby up and out, wrapping her in the little yellow duck towel ive had since i was her age. i took her to my room and laid her down on my bed, drying her off as she wiggled around. I didn't have any baby clothes, but i had diapers from sammi's niece being over here with us. thankfully. I put lotion on the babies body, securing a diaper around her waist and slipping one of my shirts over her head, which was completely huge on her. I grab my brush, coming her hair onto the top of her head and securing it with a rubber band.

"there you go mama, nice and clean."

she clasps her tiny hands together, bouncing excitedly. I lift her up, securing her on my hip as i bound down the stairs, taking one of sammi's nieces sippy cups out the cabinet and filling it with milk, grabbing apple sauce out of the fridge too while im in there. I set baby girl on the counter, starting to feed her, she claps her hands after every spoonful.

not too much more time passes before i have her tucked into my bed, her sippy cup not too far away from her. she's sprawled out, her tiny lips open and turned up as she sleeps soundly.. warm, and safe. I hear a knock on my door, mistaking it for thunder at first. I exited my room, walking down the stairs. the sun was barely out, the rain gently thudding against my house. I looked out the window to see who it was, before i just.. opened my door. what the fuck.

I move from my window and open my door, moving out the way. "come in, dont stand in the rain." i say.

lee steps in, her hazel eyes a light green. "preciate you."

"why are you here?"

"sorry. I didnt mean to intrude, its just.. gia got niggas comin to my house every hour, man."

I feel myself getting upset. that bitch couldn't leave well enough alone. Lee takes her jacket off, she has on an all black hoodie, with her curly hair pulled back into a bun in the back of her beanie. she was sagging her black jeans and i could see the waistline of her ethika boxers. she plops down on my couch, unlacing her black and yellow jordan 4's and taking them off. I sit next to her, my chin rested in my palm, as i look at her.

"listen.." i start. "I know i kinda stormed out yo crib this mornin, i just.. I felt like i was intruding. thank you for makin sure i got inside safely though."

she sighs, lazily looking straight ahead as she shrugs. "you ain't intruding if i want you there. but.. yeah fassho, ain't no problem. you knocked the fuck outta gia, she fell right on her ass.. I had to drag you off her cus you got on top of her and jus started knockin her head like a fuckin.. pinball machine. fuckin whack-a-mole."

i laugh a little bit. "nah.. shordy had me fucked up puttin her hands on you like that."

Lee returns my smile, before nodding her head. "oh, man. guess what?" she takes her backpack off, taking a package out. "My pills came."

my smile immediately drops as i snatch the box from her, reading the date. "nah.."

"bro.. cmon, give me my shit."

"you can't take these." my eyes frantically scan the package for the date she was supposed to them. two weeks from now.

"why i cant take them? stop playin wit me, forreal. give em back."

"nah, you-"

we're interrupted by babbling coming from the railing upstairs. I look up, and baby girl is there, her tiny hands gripped on the rails. shes looking down at us. She mustve crawled out of bed.

lee raises her eyebrows, looking at the baby, then back at me. how the fuck was i supposed to explain this shit. while she looked up at baby girl, i swiftly threw her package behind the couch and got up, bounding up the stairs to get the baby. she lifts her arms out towards me and i pick her up, bringing her down with me. I sit down back down on the couch, and lee is looking at me like she don't know what the fuck going on.

"so.." i say. "this gonna sound weird as hell but, i found her on the side of the road this morning, and when i went into her house, her parents were.. well. deceased."

"you saying that to me like it's just some normal ass shit."

"Its not, i know. but that's what the fuck happened. what you want me to do, pull some shit out my ass?"

lee looks down at the small chubby baby seated comfortably in my lap, and slowly reaches out her hand to her. baby girl grabs lee's finger with no hesitation.

"here, hold her." i lift baby girl up, allowing lee to grab her and secure her on her side.

"hi pretty girl." lee coos to her, then looks up at me. "does she have a name?"

I shake my head. "i didn't know it. I was trying to think of one."

baby girl has her tiny hands all on lee's face as she talks to her in her baby language, babbling and slobbing everywhere.

"hey lei'lani. hey." lee says to her. baby girl gives her a gummy smile as lee holds her up in her lap, and she starts to bounce as if shes dancing to music. such a happy little girl. lee grins, then looks at me. "she seem to like that name."

I nod, watching her interact with the baby. It was precious.

—-

Lee

I stayed on ken's couch for hours, lani sleeping chest to chest on her, a paci in her mouth. I rubbed her back as i watched a new episode of one piece while ken sat next to us, on her phone. she seemed tense, but i wasn't too worried about it.

"hey." i say to her, softly.

she looks at me, her beautiful brown eyes becoming soft at the sight of lani breathing gently against me. "yeah?"

"come here." I pat my lap, being bold yet again, wanting her to lay on it.

She does hesitate, but pretty soon she lays her head down in my lap and I use my free hand to play with her locs, smoothing down her lineup and undercut.

About an hour passes, and both Lani and Ken are sleeping on me. as weird as this was, it felt.. safe. It felt right. That shit doesn't last much longer though, because a loud banging comes from the front door. what the fuck. Ken wakes up, sitting up and stretching, standing up and going to the door. The banging continues, waking up and she starts to cry. I bounce her gently, calming her right back down.

"bro." Ken says. "Sammi's here, she's bleeding everywhere." Ken opens the door, helping her in and closing it behind her. "what happened?"

sammi falls to her knees, and we hear a baby crying. It wasn't lani.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Flaw By CJ Coomans

Science Fiction

103 8 27
The Dommasc Society saw the corruption and potential war that new-age movements such as feminism, LGBTQ, and racial equality could bring to their isl...
62.6K 3.1K 32
**WARNING: Depictions of drugs, rape, and violence are within this book.** The world is in ruin. Destroyed by the powers that governed it in all out...
249 58 13
There was a major war that happened and now the government is trying a new experiment on the city. The main character, Alex, and her best friends who...
10.9K 530 30
Nat has her own story to create, but unfortunately for her, writing's never been her strong suit. X has always clung to what's mainstream, and to wha...