The God Fruit (One Piece)

By Lillie1512

The Straw Hat Pirates, after defeating Doflamingo, depart from their new found friends and make their way bac... More

Jade Island
A Warrior Worth My While
The Demon Within
Farewell
Moving On
Deep
I Have a Dream
Sake, Suspicions, and Spotted Seals
Fireworks are Flying in this Heated Battle
The Girl on Fire
Pain
Version 2.0
Remember Me
Am I Doing this Right?
Epilogue: Snow

The Past Arises

2K 45 20
By Lillie1512

*Arya*

Like clockwork I wake up to the sun breaking the horizon. Today there is not a cloud in the sky causing the sunrise to be oranges and yellows today. The orange sea sparkles and the cool breeze blows my short hair from my face.

Unlike yesterday I wake up very warm and comfortable making it hard for me to fully wake up. I feel Zoro's arms wrapped around me and hear him snore lightly. At some point after I feel asleep I was covered by a blanket. I assume it was my farther doing. I turn my head to see if my father is still there but he is gone.

I sit for a moment longer. I try to unwrap Zoro's arms from my waist without disturbing him. I remove his arms slowly putting them to his sides. I start to slip out but I feel the arms wrap around me again. I try to turn my head to look at the swordsmen but I stop when I hear him snore. A small part of me is amused that the swordsmen seems to like to cuddle.

I stop for a moment and think. Well he already knows about my power so why not? I let the power of the Mizu Mizu Fruit take over my body. My body liquefies and I slip right out of Zoro's grip. When my body solidifies again, I am standing up right besides him.

I stretch out. My body is feeling a thousands times better than it was yesterday. It is easier to stand but I am breathing pretty hard from transforming in an out of my liquid state.  I lean up against the fence to catch my breath.

I look across the ocean. "What do you like so much about this spot? You were out here when we came to this island too."

I turn toward the swordsmen who now stood beside me. Looks like I woke him. Oops. I answer "The island where I was born is over there. I am from a spring island called Furawā or the Island of Flowers. It was a small port island. Most of the people who visit it were doctors who are looking for herbal, flowers, and such to make medicines."

Zoro studies my face, "You must miss it." I don't say a word. The swordsman seem to understand that the silence means yes.

"Let's go back to the dojo. I haven't ate real food in five days." I start to head back and Zoro follows.

"Do you know where my farther went?" Zoro looks away and scratches his head, "I don't know must of left when I fell asleep." What an awful liar. But I don't let it bother me. About half way there, I start to slow down some and breathe harder.

Zoro stops and turns to me,"Hey do you need help?"

I shake my head, "My body isn't going to get strong again if I let people help me all the time." Zoro slows his pace and walks besides me.

I take this moment to ask a question, "What drove you to my father? He mentioned you briefly during one of the times he came here. He said he took on a young swordsmen that showed promise. He brought it up when he was trying to actually talk to me. Said you had potential but at times you were foolish and that's how you lost an eye."

Zoro let out a nervous laugh, "I want to beat Mihawk and become the world's strongest swordsmen. And ya. The eye was his doing. It happened the first time I lost control with the demon. "

I nod. "But why did you go to my father for training if he was your enemy?"

Zoro let out a shot laugh, "During the two years that my crew and I were apart, I was sent to the island where Mihawk lived. After I defeated all of the enemies on the island, I made my way to his castle and asked him to train me. The only thing that I had on my mind was getting stronger for my crew mates. So sucking it up and asking Mihawk for help was not too hard."

I looked at him, "For your friends?"

Zoro had a smile pull at the corners of his lips, "For my nakama."

I try to find something to say but I can't find any words. His friends meant so much to him that  he would beg his enemy to train him? I tried to understand the relationship of him and his crew mates. The only type of relationship I had like that was with my mother.

We end up at the beginning of the hallway his crew mates were sleeping in. I lean against the wall to catch my breath. "After I change do you want me to to show you to the dinning hall to eat?"

The swordsman nods, "Just open the door and give me a wave. I'll follow. I am starving."

I open the door to my room. There was a blanket folded and placed on the table. Dad. I sigh and walk over to my closet. I slip off my kimono and put on a dark blue short sleeve v neck shirt with gold seams, black shorts, and my black flats. I strap Kokushibyō to my shorts. I pick up my mom's hair pin and turn it in my hands then clip it in my hair.

I walk across the hall and open Zoro's door.  I am greeted by a small voice, "Arya how are you feeling today? Zoro said you were looking pretty rough last night." The little reindeer looked up at my with concern.

"I am doing better. Thank you Dr. Chopper you are an amazing doctor. The Straw Hats are very lucky to have you."

Chopper starts to wiggle back and forth with his hands at his sides, "Just because you are thanking me doesn't make me happy you stupid jerk." He was insulting me yet smiling. I look up to ask Zoro what that was about only to realize that Zoro was only in his light blue boxers with his bandages removed.

Heat rises to my face. I have seen the other swordsmen on the island like this but Zoro is a stranger. Should I even be here? He doesn't seem to mind, so I look at him to see how his scars are healing. He has one old scar along his chest that I remember my father talk about one time when he was trying to make small talk.  On the other side of his chest he has to parallel wounds stitched up that I gave him. They were neatly stitched up and all of the swelling seemed to have gone down and same went with his shoulder wound. I examine the rest of him. The other cuts are almost completely gone. "Once I am done changing Zoro's bandages I am going to change yours too." I nod and thank the small doctor again.

Zoro is all wrapped up and dressed in the clothes that he came to the island in, "Alright Arya your turn." Zoro looks around awkwardly, "I am going to stand outside." He exists his own room.

"Alright lets take those bandages off." I take of my shirt and Chopper unwraps my bandages. "Your wounds are looking very good. There is no sign of any internal bleeding so you are healing well! I am going to put this ointment on your wounds to help them heal quicker and help fight of any bacteria."

A shiver runs down my spine when he applies the ointment. "Chopper is anyone else up? I can show everyone to the dinning hall."

Chopper starts wrapping me up again, "Sanji is already up I think he already found his way to the kitchen and is cooking."

"He doesn't have to we have cooks. . . " The little doctor interrupts,"Trust me you will want Sanji's cooking it is the best I have ever tasted!"

After Chopper is all done and I put my shirt back on and lead the two to the dinning hall. I pleasant aroma fills the air as I slide the door open. The blonde man with the curly eyebrow is setting the table. He sees me enter the door, "Aryaaaaaa! You look absolutely radiant today!" he twirls over to me and hands me a drink. He face turns into a discussed face as he stares at Zoro, "did that shitty moss head hurt you more?"

I look him , "No no I am doing better. It was my fault I was hurt in the first place. I should have been stronger against Zoro."

Sanji grabs my hand, "A man should never strike a lady! As long as I am here you don't have to worry about anyone hurting you! I will protect you!" I just stare my mouth just gaping. My stomach growls to break the silence.

"Are you hungry my angel? Is there something you want me to make especially for you?" I try to get words out but I am overwhelmed by the attention I am getting from him. I have never gotten attention like this from a man before, I finally manage to say, "Whatever is on the table is good to me thank you."

He leads me to my spot and helps me sit down. "Please eat as much as you like!" He shoots a nasty look at Zoro, "seems like you are doing better. What a pity."

With that he heads back to the kitchen. Zoro sits down mumbling something about a shitty cook. I lean over to him, "Is that what they called flirting? I have only read about it in books. I assumed everyone here was to scared of me to try."

Zoro laughs at me, "You are pretty clueless aren't you?" I stare blankly at him, "but yes that is flirting but trust me it is not always that weird and creepy."

I just nod. I grab a whole assortment of food around me. I am absolutely starving.  I take a bite of the food. "wow this is really good." Chopper was right. Zoro starts to talk, "don't let Sanji know that or..."

"Do you really like it Arya! I made it all so you can get better!" He continues with his strange dance.

"It is very good thank you Sanji. You are a very talented cook." Apparently this was the wrong thing to say because the cook erupts into a nose bleed.

"Sanji get a hold of yourself the other will be here soon and Luffy eats so much!" Chopper comments trying to make Sanji back off. Luckily it works.

The door slides open. It is Nami and Robin of the Straw Hat crew. "Arya! Zoro! You guys are finally up!" Nami shouts out.

Robin smiles softly, "It is good that both you alive in well. We wouldn't of wanted one of you to die now would we." I look over at Nami and Zoro. They don't find the comment odd so I just roll with it.

"Hey Sanji can we get a drink!" Nami yells out. Sanji is already spinning out with a glass of orange juice and a cup of coffee. "There you Nami-Swan! Robin-Chan!" They thanked the cook and smiled at him.

Shortly after Usopp, Franky, and Brooks come in. "Hey you guys are looking so much better! Super!" the cyborg booms.

The skeleton tips his hat, "I am glad that you are doing better miss. Now if you are feeling up to it may I see your panties." Nami hit him. That girl is my hero. I lean over to Zoro, "Is the panty thing. . . "

"For him yes. Normal in a human sense no." Zoro finishes for me. I nod. What an odd bunch of people.

"Arya did I tell you about the time that I took down an army 50,000 men uses my Haki alone?"

I start to answer, "No you . . ." Zoro leans over, "That is a lie it was Luffy who did it not him." Took down 50,000 men with Haki!?

The door slams open. I see Luffy standing there arms stretch out, "Wooo breakfast I am do hungry. O Zoro!  Arya! You guys are finally awake!" I feel his arms stretch over and wrap around our necks. He shoots forward and hugs me and Zoro. I can help but groan. Nami shouts out, "Idiot she just had surgery!"

I sit up "I am good. Thanks for your concern Luffy." He smiles big and sits down to eat.

Watching the Straw Hats eat was a sight. Luffy swallowed an inhuman amount of food, and the other men on the crew minus Sanji were no better. I ate and just watched them. They all seemed so happy and couldn't stop smiling. I sat there and wonder if I would ever have anything like that in my life. I shake me head. I will be with my dad on the run. I slowly get up and leave through the patio door.

The patio door to the kitchen opens up to a big lawn used for cook outs. I walk out a little bit and lay down in the grass. The warm sun beats on my face. I wonder what life with my father is going to be like? I wonder if it will be like it was before my mom died. Ha yeah right don't put that false hope in my brain.

I inhale deeply; the smell of grass fills my nose and I relax a little. It was a little difficult to handle all of those people trying to talk to me at once. I have never been a person that people try to talk to. I was always so strict with my training. I didn't leave time for social interaction and I think everyone in the dojo is intimidated by me.

"Arya! What are you doing outside all by yourself?" It was Luffy looking out the patio door.

I sit up an turn my head to him. "I was done eating so thought I would get some fresh air."

"Well maybe you should do something fun with us today." Luffy looks at me as I reply with big eyes "Well I don't know. . ." Luffy complains, "Come on we are friends aren't we and friends hang out don't they?" Friends?

The whole crew files out behind him. Robin joined in, "Miss Arya with everything you have been through you need a day off. Won't you join us?"

I stand up and walk over, "well I think I know a spot we could go. Sanji can you pack up some food?" The whole crew goes to work getting ready for the day. I am left with Zoro, "Am I really your guys friend? I mean I have only been conscious for about one day and during that time we were fighting."

Zoro lets out a laugh, "Well that's Luffy for you. You have been very polite to us. He is impressed by your power and your skills and he probably is glad that you stopped my rampage too."

I look up at him, "Can you really make friends over something so small." He nods. Huh.

I go my room and grab a black bikini and towel and toss it into my yellow nap sack. I stand at the end of the hall waiting for the rest of the crew. Robin is the first one to be out she smiles at me, "They are a lot to get used to but they do mean the best."

I look up at the women, "I think I can handle them for one more day."

Robin just smiles and lets out a small laugh, "We will see about that."

"What does that mean?" I question. She just laughs, "Luffy has a way of getting what he wants." I am so confused.

The crew quickly gathers. The crew bombards me with questions on where we are going. I told them to be patient while I lead the way. We head out to the training grounds and head east through the woods.

"Hey Zoro are you ever going tell us what happened out there during your battle when you lost it?" Usopp asks.

Zoro put both of his hands behind his head, "Just a new technique that I was trying but I can't control the possession yet, but I will get it eventually."

"What kind of possession? That sounds super interesting," Franky questions.

Zoro tries to explain, "When I use Kyutoryu I use part of the demon spirit of Asura. I am trying to gain control over the spirit completely I will gain the strength of a demon."  Most of the crew gaps but Luffy shouts, "Oh my God that is so cooooooooool! I can't wait to see that!"

The whole group laughs. I turn around, "Everyone we are here."

The trees open up. There is a waterfall falling into a massive lake. The lake is surrounded by green grass and miscellaneous flowers. It has a lot of rock formation to climb on and jump into the water. There is also a small stony beach that leads into the lake. I figured that would be safer for the devil fruit users. I turn back to them, "I figured you guys could swim, fish, relax or whatever here."

"Wow this place is so beautiful! Way to go Arya!" Nami squeals and runs over to the water.

I look over at Chopper, "Can I be in the water with my injuries?"

He looks at me seriously, "I wouldn't suggest it. You should keep them dry."

"Oh I can do both." I inform. The small doctor looks at me confused. I slip behind a rock formation to change. I cut of my badges and just leave the patches covering up my wounds, and change into my black bikini. I walk out and sit on a rock for awhile to catch my breath. So much walking today with these wounds.

"Arya! you look so sexy in a bikini!" Sanji starts to swoon. Nami and Robin follow suit and change in their swim suits. Nami is in a small blue swim suit that barely covers anything. Robin however has a green top on with a purple skirt covering her bottom half. The cook has a massive nose bleed from all the skin exposure.

Robin wades into the shallow end but Nami pops up right behind me along the Usopp and Franky. Franky in his speedo and Usopp in fish swim trunks and his black curly hair is in a pony tail. Usopp cheers, "Come on Arya lets jump in!"

I start to turn to them to say something but am picked up and thrown out by Franky, "Look at the amount of air you got! Super!" Usopp shouts how he wants to do next.

Mid-air I hear Zoro's voice, "You idiots! She is a devil fruit user! Did you idiots forget that!?"

*Zoro*

Everyone eyes open wide. Nami shudders, "Do you think? She did send Sanji flying before the match?"

Usopp adds, "I think we assumed it was like one of Zoro long distance sword attacks! Some one save her before she drowns and dies!" The group glares at Usopp.

Brook says flatly, "Isn't drowning and dying the same thing."

Luffy sits picking his nose first, "Told you guys she was a devil fruit user." Then he turns and shouts at us his emotions doing a complete 180, "Well don't sit around save her! She is our new friend!"

I am already stripped down to my yellow swim trunks and diving in. I open my eye underwater and search for Arya. Where is she?

I blink. I see her swimming up to the surface of the water. She has air bubbles around her scars so they don't get wet. Devil fruit users can't swim... how is she?

She catches my eye, swims over, and points up. We swim to the surface. The whole crew is waiting eagerly at the surface. Our heads reach the surface and Arya and I swim back towards shore. When we get there Arya is bombard by questions.

Luffy seems upset, "Zoro said you were a devil fruit user I was really excited but you can swim so can't be."

I am scolded by Nami, "Why would you say that she has devil fruit powers if she doesn't?! It freaked everyone out!"

The bickering goes on. Arya looks at the crew in all seriousness "What Zoro said was right, I am a devil fruit user."

*Arya*

Luffy's body seems to be confused with emotion, "Your a devil fruit user that can swim! Cooooooooool!" Right after that he puffs his cheeks out, "How unfair."

Sanji lights up a cigarette and the smoke slowly exhales form his lip, "How is something like that even possible?"

I sit in the grass and lean up against a rock and they all circle up around me. I start to explain, "I ate the Mizu Mizu fruit meaning I have the ability to control water."

"So you are a logia type, but how does that explain you being able to swim?" The small doctor asks.

I try to explain, "When you think about it both situations shouldn't be possible. I shouldn't be able to able to swim because I am a devil fruit user but I should be able to because I can control water."

"So you are a paradox?" Nami asks.

A few of the boys tilt there head but Luffy asks, "What is a paradox?"

"It means that I shouldn't be able to exist in this world but somehow I do." I say softly.

"Don't be ridiculous Miss Arya! I died and came back into this world. That shouldn't be but here I am in the flesh. Well I would be if I had any." The skeleton laughed.

Robin sits down in the grass, "Maybe we should let Arya try to explain this without us asking her so many questions."

The crew nods. Zoro sits down by me, Sanji on my other side and the rest of them create a circle. I nod, "Okay I guess I will start with what I am capable off. I have the capability to become water and control anything with waters present. Pretty much everything in this world has water in it meaning I can control most living objects."

Robin looks at me, "Is that how you threw Sanji when your were so far away?"

I nod, "It is very easy to control animals. Over 3/4 of a human body is made of water. A person can usually struggle to fight back but they usually don't for to long."

"Why is that?" Chopper asks with innocent eyes.

I look at the grass and darkly reply, "because I can control the blood that runs through your veins." The little reindeer tries to hide behind Robin but he is doing it backwards.

Franky looks at me very seriously, "controlling blood what a scary power to have."

I continue, "92% of a humans blood is made out of water so if I wanted to I could stop the blood flow in a humans body." The crew looks terrified by what I said.

I try to ignore the looks and push on, "Since I am made of water I essentially have the power of the seas. Luffy can you stretch your arm over here." Luffy nods entranced by his new found knowledge, "Okay since I have the power of the seas's devil fruit users are useless when I touch the user in my logia form." I switch to my logia form. Even though the change is unnoticeable in my body the crew can see it in Luffy's arm.

The once stretched our arm is now hanging limp and Luffy looks really tired. I let go quickly, "I am sorry about that Luffy. Just trying show what I can do." Luffy just laughs it off, "It is totally fine! Totally worth it to see you powers."

"Thanks Luffy. So to go back a little bit, I can control anything that has the oceans presence. This includes Sea Prism Stone." I pull out my long black blade and pull the blade apart to form two smaller but identically blades. Zoro's eye widens, "So that is how you ended up with two swords in your fight." I nod.

I start up again, "It is not like my power is all bad. If one of you got poisons I could use my power to flush the toxins our of you system. On the ocean I can control sea currents, waves, and storms so they wouldn't harm the ship."

Chopper, who is now sitting on Robin's lap, asks a question, "How do you know so much about the human body?"

"My mom was a doctor and a biologist so I learned a lot from her." I readjust my self.

"What happened to your mom?" Luffy asks blatantly. Sanji whips out one of his long legs and kicks his captain, "You don't go around asking a lady such personal questions!"

"Ya Luffy if the girl doesn't want to say doesn't have to." Zoro looked at me reassuringly.

"If you do tell them I will make sure you get everything right." Everyone snaps around.

Luffy got into a ready position, "What are you doing here!" Nami and Usopp had terrified expression on their faces. The rest of the crew stands up and stands behind Luffy preparing for battle. Zoro and I sit unconcerned.

I huff, "You don't need to keep an eye on me father." Mihawk jumps down and stands to the side of Zoro. I went over and stood by him and  looked at the crew, "It is fine he won't hurt you when he is on this island. This is a neutral zone plus he won't fight you guys if it could hurt his daughter. Isn't that right dad?" My dad is in his normal long black coat with maroon with sleeves, no shirt, light purple pants tucked into his black boots, and his black musketeer hat with a large white feather in it.

"That man is your father! He cut down Zoro with out hesitation!" Nami shouts out.

Chopper points accusingly, "Luffy told me that you tried to kill him when he was trying to save his brother!"

Franky opens up his hand. I assume it is some kind of gun, "I don't trust this guy he hurt our crew mates!" I hear a gun shot go off. Without surprise, the bullet is cut down but not but my father but by Zoro. He put his sword back, "This man doesn't mean us any harm today anyways."

Usopp shouts out, "Zoro what are you doing?!" Before Usopp can rant any longer Luffy turns to his crew and smiles, "If Arya and Zoro say that Hawk Eyes is not going to hurt us he won't."

The Straw Hats sit back down. This time I have my father and Zoro at my sides. This has been a lot of activity for one day. I am wiped out. I breathe in slowly, "If you will all calm down I will tell you what happened to my mother 13 years ago when she died." That shut the whole lot of them up.

I take a slow breathe in then slowly let it out and start my gruesome tale, "My family lived on Fursawā or the Island of Flowers. It was a small town in the New World that grew flowers and herbs for medical use. My mom was a marine. She worked with researching plants and how they effected the human body. She created a lot of new medicines back home. My mom and I lived on the outskirt of town to research but mostly for the reason my mom did something no marine should every do. My mom fell in love with a pirate. Luckily, she was able to hide the relationship from the government until dad became one of the Shichibukai. The job kept him busy so dad came to the island when his work permitted. When I was a kid, when my dad came home was mom and I's favorite days. My mom would smile so big and dad would teach ey how to use my sword. When I was a kid I dreamed about being  a swordsmen as great as my dad."

Heat rose to my face and I snuck a peek at my father; he had a small smile his face, "Anyway since my mom was a researcher with plants she participated in devil fruit research. When any of the researchers would find a devil fruit they would do basic analysis on it and see if it has been recorded yet. After that they would send it to the World Government and they would use it, usually for military purposes. The next time Dad came home. Mom and I took him a spot like this on the island like this one, but it was right next to the ocean. I was playing hide and seek with my dad and hid myself behind a waterfall. I heard my dad coming so I backed up deeper into the waterfall but tripped over something in the water. It hurt so bad I couldn't help but start crying. Mom and dad rushed over to me to make sure I was okay. My dad looked to see what I tripped over and he picked up the Mizu Mizu fruit. To me it looked like a pineapple but it was blue with a wave pattern on it. My dad showed it to my mom and she looked all confused and excited at the same time. When we got home my mom called her live in assistant Micah down to start to do research on it. I watched my mom and her assistant Micah obsess over the discover." My dad tenses up and his eyes filled with anger when I mentioned Micah's name.

"Micah was mom my assistant since I could remember. He was always such a nice guy. He was tall, thin and had goofy blue hair, but that all changed when my mom started doing research on the Mizu Mizu fruit. The fact that the Mizu Mizu fruit survived in water really had them curious about what kind of fruit it would be. The whole family and Micah spent the next few days reading historys of devil fruit users, but after reading through all the past devil fruit research, we couldn't find anything about the fruit. That night when I woke up to use the bathroom, I heard Micah talking on a transponder snail. He was talking about how one of the poneglyph talked about a person who could control the ocean and caused enough destruction to whip out all of the islands in the North Blue alone.  As the conversation continued, they talked about how the poneglyph dubbed this user as the user of the God Fruit since it was able to even take control of the thought to be uncontrollable seas. After Micah hung up, he laughed manically about how he was going to rule the world with this fruit and kill every last pirate and even his own fellow marines if they got in the way."

I let out a shaky breathe,"When he was ranting, I did what I thought at the time was only thing that could be done. I ran over to the lab and took the devil fruit and ate it. It was the worst thing that I ever ate. It was so sour it made my eyes fill with tears. I went up to my mom and dad's room and hopped into their bed complaining of a stomach ache. They mumbled and I climbed in the middle of them and we feel asleep. I figured I could tell them tomorrow. When I woke up the house was in a panic. I heard the door slam and went down stairs. Micah left to go run around town and look for whoever took the fruit. My mom and dad were sitting at the table both very upset. I asked them what was wrong and I surprised them and my mom knock over a glass and I reached for it. The glass shattered to the ground but the water in it didn't. My parents were shocked."

I grip the bottoms of my short, "I explained everything that I heard the night before to my parent. My mom picked me up and kissed my cheek and my dad patted my head. I looked out the window and some blue hair caught my eye. I pointed it out to my parents.  He must of saw and heard everything. My dad ran out after him. My mom and I saw a transponder snail on the ground." I looked over to my dad, "What did you say to get him to come back to the house?"

"I told him that you had a big imagination and acted on impulse. I told him not to worry that we would raise you into a fine marine and we would end the pirate era." His face looks apologetic but I glare at him anyways.

"Anyway," I start up again, "Micah came back and he did some small test on me to see what my power were. Then the whole family took me to the ocean and asked me to swim out. Everyone followed behind me just in case, but I swam just fine. The whole day was spent doing test on me to see what kind of things I could control, if my power was a logia power, what sea prism stone would do to me, and how my power would effect other devil fruit users. When we came back home is when things started to go bad. I told my mom I was having a horrible stomach and then afterwards I coughed up blood. Everyone went into a panic. My dad picked me up and moved me to the couch. My mom went to the medical cabinet and started to cry. She was missing the medicine that would help with the pain and she asked Micah to go get it. My mom watched Micah go."

I rub my temples and try to fend of a head ache, "When Micah was gone, she explained everything to my father. The pain was fake but the blood was  my own. Mom and I planned it when my father was talking to Micah. My mom made a small capsule of blood that she took from me when Micah was running away and told me to hold on to it until the right moment. My mom explained to dad that we had to fake my death. She told my father that the marines would use me for their own good and my life would become one of destruction and murder. She said we should show that the Mizu Mizu fruit was full of an immense power and a small child could not handle. My mom hooked me up to a monitor and asked me if I could learn to control my blood. I was scared but I told her I would try. Micah came back and saw me hooked up to the monitor with a wash cloth on my head. We did our best to fake my illness. My mom put a wash cloth under me so I could draw the water up and keep my body damp like I was sweating. Everyone in the house put up a very convincing act. The next morning I died. I made it to look like blood was coming out of my mouth, nose, and ears with the help of my mom drawing blood and me moving it into place. I worked on making my blood stop; even if it was just in the finger that had the monitor attached to it. Mom my screamed out and my dad and Micah ran down stairs. We thought if he witnessed it he would believe us."

My nails dug into my legs, "My mom gave me and anesthetic the day of the funeral. That day I was buried alive. Luckily I do not remember any of it. That night my parents came back and took me to a small cave out out in forest. It was covered up by bushes and trees, so unless you were looking for it no one would find it. They told me to stay out there for a week. One day I heard shouting through the forest, other than that I was not bothered for the rest of the week. I assumed everything was fine but I came back the whole entire village was flattened to the ground. I remember the dropping sense of horror in my stomach and I sprinted back home tears streaming down my face. My house was completely destroyed. I made my way through the rubble only to fine my mom on the ground dead due to multiple stab wounds. My father was gone. When he came and picked me up. He told me he had to go back to the marines to report what had happened to me so I would stay safe. I screamed at him until my voice abandoned me. He didn't stay and protect my mom. Everyone I knew was killed." I turned to my father anger over came me and I snap at him, "How could you leave us?! You knew the marines would come to the island to confirm that I was dead, but you still left mom their alone to die!"

"Arya." I hear Luffy whisper sympathetically. Zoro tries to move to comfort me but doesn't know how to act. Franky is crying really hard. Everyone else is sitting very quiet. Sanji lights another cigarette, "So Hawk Eyes, why did you leave?" He takes a long drag, "Even you don't seem lowly enough to treat a women that way." I look over. Sanji, Robin, Luffy, and Zoro all see to know that there is more to the story. I then turn to my father. I have never let him speak about this any of the time he visited. Anger had consumed my life and I try to force him out every time he tried to explain. He left us and my mom died because of it.

My father looked down, "Your mother told me to leave."

"She would never do that!" I scream at him.

"Just listen to me." He pleads. My muscles tense. I so badly wanted to lash our against him but part of me knew that if we were going to spend the rest of our lives together I was eventually would learn.

I sit back and wave my hand out to tell him to continue, "When we were walking out of the forest, Micah found us. He got very suspicious. Later that night Annabelle, Arya's mother, saw him run through the forest. Your mother told me that I had to go back to the Marine Headquarters and report what happened or it would look to suspicious.  I didn't want to leave, but I knew it was the only way to maybe save both of you. When I got back to headquarters, Micah was already telling the headquarters that I was a filthy pirate and that I was betraying the marines. I tried to explain what Micah's plan were when he got the fruit, but to no surprise the marines had a hard time deciding who to believe. Even though I was a Shichibukai I was still a pirate first, no matter how many years I had been apart of the marines. They told Micah and I to stay on the island so they could do an unbiased search. I kept an eye on Micah the whole time I was at headquarters. I wanted to leave but I knew if I did they would kill your mom for sure. Then a few days before the village was destroyed I heard Micah on the transponder snail. He was talking about how he was going to get revenge on Annabelle and I. He told the man that he knew our daughter was still alive, but he had a plan. He had his own daughter go on the trip disgusted as my daughter. The marine was going to show the captain of the ship that he found 'my daughter' and tell the captain that the island was full of nothing but pirate loving liars and then he was going to take  revenge on me and my wife. The bastard sacrificed his own child for revenge. "

My mouth gaps. The air is thick with silence until my father continues, "Once I heard this I didn't care if it looked suspicious or not I set sail from home. By the time I got to the island it was too late. They already flattened the village. The village where I had spent countless years with my family. Gone right in front of me nothing left but a few columns of stones and wreckage. I ran to my house and found you kneeling in your mother blood screaming at me. Asking me why I didn't protect your mother. I took you to Jade Island and said I would come back when I could. You stared blankly at me and asked if I was going to come back with your mother. I went back home and buried your mother right next to your grave. I lost both you and your mother that day. It was the most tragic day of my life. I went back to headquarters and they told me they found my daughter on the island and they killed her and my wife. I told them with a cold, blank expression that if my wife was being a traitor to the world government she should have been killed along with my traitorous daughter. I bowed and left. Micah gave my a sly smile on my way out. He knew I couldn't do anything to him. It would be to obvious that you were still alive. That's when I made Kuraigana Island my home. I visited you here many times but you seemed to have it ingrained your mind that I was the reason your mother died and wouldn't listen to me, so started to get closer to the World Government to keep an ear out if there was any sign of you. There has been some talking about looking to see if the fruit has shown up again. I don't think they are looking for you but I don't want to lose my wife and my daughter."

He looks at me with his now soft yellow eyes wet from tears trying to betray his strength and grabs me hand, "Please forgive me for not being a better father. If I was stronger I probably could have stood up to the World Government and saved her. I am so sorry Arya." He grips my hand tight. There is a small smile on the crews face at this moment, but I do not feel the same.

I just blink; slowly my body numb, "I have no idea how I feel about this. It is so much to take in. I just don't know."

"It's fine take your time I will see you tonight to talk about our plans for tomorrow." With that my father leaves.

I got a round of how sorry people were for my loss and how hard it had to be to go through that. I just nod absently. Luffy came up to me and sat down right in front of me and smiled, "Your father really cares for you even if he does work for the marines. It look like he would do anything for you and it sounds like he made a hard choice even if it didn't turn out the way you wanted to. Everyone here has gone through a hard loss. Your are not alone. You have us! We are your friends after all." I mumble out an of course. I rub my eyes and lay down in the grass and close my eyes and fade away.

I start to dream about the good memories of my childhood and what it was like to have a complete family. I miss it so much. Maybe I should give my father a second chance he did seem genuine. 13 years maybe a long enough grudge. We will see how I feel when I wake up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am sorry if you don't like how mushie Hawk Eye is, but I believe that every person has a heart just need to find what is in it.

Thanks for reading.

If you like it do the thing!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 9 7
Y/N a new member of the straw hats enjoys her life as a pirate and gains a connection with the Captain of the heart pirates Trafalgar D water Law dur...
1.2K 2 15
Kaito, or Kai for short, who ate an unknown Devil Fruit, was just a young man with an ambition to become a master battle strategist and merchant for...
609 56 7
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ After defeating a nearby boss in the last island they encountered, Luffy and his crew were forced to wander around in the sea sinc...
715 32 13
Book 1: No Regrets, Right? Book 2: Gomen... Captain Book 3: By Your Side --- This is the 4th book in my LuffyxReader series, if you haven't read the...