After Our Universe Collided

By ItsgirlxFRIEND

Eliana Cuevas has only one wish: to see her long-time crush in person, a certified volleyball player of Ryuji... More

AFTER OUR UNIVERSE COLLIDED
ELI'S JOURNAL
UNIVERSE 1
UNIVERSE 2
UNIVERSE 3
UNIVERSE 4
UNIVERSE 5
UNIVERSE 6
UNIVERSE 7
UNIVERSE 8
UNIVERSE 9
UNIVERSE 10
UNIVERSE 11
UNIVERSE 12
UNIVERSE 13
UNIVERSE 14
UNIVERSE 15
UNIVERSE 16
UNIVERSE 17
UNIVERSE 18
UNIVERSE 19
UNIVERSE 20
UNIVERSE 21
UNIVERSE 22
UNIVERSE 23
SPECIAL CHAPTER 1

RAN

109 10 0
By ItsgirlxFRIEND

When I found out that a Filipina woman would teach me English, my first thought was that she might not abide with me for long because I was too tenacious. At the same time, she'll take advantage of me because I'm famous. I don't entrust people who use me and take advantage of my kindness.

"I'll meet her tomorrow?" I asked my brother, Rui Takahashi.

"Yes, your manager said," he responded. "So don't overthink it.

We met with my future English Teacher. I hope she's not a freak like our previous applicants. This new teacher was said to be smart and serious about teaching. She had a passion for teaching not only in English but also in other languages like Filipino. After we arrived, I immediately saw an agent and a woman who was sitting comfortably while waiting for us.

When they saw us, they stood up. The girl is short, only about 5'0 in height has long hair and bangs, and is curly. Her eyes were looking at me seriously as if she was trying to figure out who I was. The serious eyes can intimidate others but shimmer when the light glistens on them.

Her eyes widened slightly and he said, "Ran Takahashi?"

"How did you know who I am?" I asked and removed my hoodie.

"I have a crush on you, but first we have to negotiate for our matters," she said. Why is she so direct in her words?

"Oh well, that's what we want," my manager said.

She's professional when it comes to our matters because it doesn't bother me that she likes me. She is somehow familiar to me . . . something that piqued my interest.

I feel something about her that makes me curious about it.

"Yes, it's my pleasure to be applauded," she said. "When do we start the lesson?"

"By tomorrow and you should be by his side always, is that clear Eliana-chan?" asked my manager.

"I got you, Sir," said Eliana. She looked me directly into my eyes and said, "Nice meeting you in person, Ran."

I smiled and spoke, "It's okay for you to call me Ran, and you?"

"You can call me Eli," Eliana said and her face suddenly warmed up. She may look serious but she loves me. I want to test her.

My brother laughed. "Ran-kun, your teacher seems in love with you."

"Ran has been my big crush, until now," Eliana revealed when the food we ordered arrived. "But for a while, I dropped the thought of crushing Ran for my family. So I'm glad to see you in person."

At that time, it seemed like we were the only people in the restaurant. She is amazing to talk to. Especially when her eyes are sometimes languid but indeed beautiful when they sparkle, especially her long eyelashes.

When we were just the two of us, we had a short discussion until she said. "I thought it wasn't real, but it's really real, you know," said Eliana and looked into my eyes again. She must have a habit of staring into my eyes. "It's because I once met you in person I have dreamt before."

When I met her, I became even more curious about who she was. She's not the type of person who will tell everything about her to like them but she's peculiar because I'm still the one asking about her. When we have free time, I give her a tour and she appreciates every detail of a place, calling it art. She even gives them meaning. I noticed that she was always typing on her laptop which made me curious more.

I also found out with Anrie that she is an introvert so she tends to be quiet. We are opposite people because I am extroverted, and extroverted when I am close to someone. But I will turn her into a talkative one.

She also appreciates me for who I am. Not with what I have now and my fame.

"Even though you didn't do your best, I still appreciate your efforts. No matter what it takes."

"Even if I get old?" I asked and raised my right eyebrow. "Or get vulnerable?"

"Yes, I still admire who you are. No matter what are your insecurities or your imperfections," Eliana said and smiled widely. Every time she smiles, her dimples appear. "Also . . . be comfortable to be with me. Don't worry I won't use the opportunity of being your teacher to make you fall in love with me."

That's it, she deserves to be my English Teacher. She's true to herself and shows who she is and doesn't take advantage of me.

I can see that when she comes to us and her time is free, she repairs our broken table and things. Mom was delighted because of that. Eliana is also a different type if you look at it, she seems to be more masculine than I am when it comes to housework.

I remember the times I invited her to watch the game. It was the first time I saw her scary aura, so I thought she was furious at what happened to her.

"I'm not mad," said Eliana and smiled. Her dimples are alluring as is her smile. "Bakit ako magagalit eh mahal ko 'yan," Eliana said and I look at her while she's smiling.

I was surprised by what she said because she used a different language. They started to whisper something but when I was about to hear they were whispering my brother didn't tell me what it meant. "Learn their language first."

So because I was curious and asked Daffodil-san. And I found out what that means, "Why do I get furious at him, he is my love at all."

Until she stopped going to our residence and Anrie suddenly went live. I saw in the live video that Eliana sang Kokoronashi. We turned our location to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building to watch her. She has a beautiful voice that soothes my ears. I am falling.

Because of that, I no longer felt curiosity but I was interested in her. I was so interested so I checked her IG and saw the highlights that were for me.

I saw my TikTok there that she imitated. That's why she's familiar to me because I've seen her video before. She's kawaii.

There are also artworks for me and volleyball match videos.

Damn, she has a crush on me but she doesn't tell me about her feelings. She just kept quiet and smiled at what I said. She understands me very well but when I am wrong she corrects me.

I followed her back and reacted to her messages. I laughed at the emotional messages because I felt lovely about them. When it's funny, I hearted it and when it's sad, my reaction is sad.

I stopped reading when it ended in 2025. Why did she stop messaging me?

I didn't realize that I was in front of her apartment. That's why I just rang the doorbell to see her. She immediately opened the door and hit my chest. She's really small but still cute.

We had a conversation again and met her family through face time and it turns out that she is not only a cat lover but also her sister, Bebe.

I saw no facade in Eliana. And I also found out that she is a writer through my curiosity. To be honest, I didn't expect to see my name there in After Our Universe Collided.

I was ecstatic because of that because she had already created a story about the two of us. That's why I created my account and became her reader. She also continues to teach me Filipino which will help me to read her story.

She even sang at me so I was even more euphoric.

"Mahalaga ka sa akin," I said. "It means that you are important to me, right?"

I mean that because as time passed, she became more important to me.

But haze sinks into my mind because of my past. I'm indeed interested in Eliana but I'm disturbed by what happened before that she might leave me.

Later, I also asked what her likes were and it was books and red roses. She even told me about the books that's why I said to my mind, "Once she spoke, she leaves memorable words that come not in her mind but also her heart," I said in my mind. "A writer's point of view."

That's why I bought it as a gift for her. Along with that, we go to the amusement park to enjoy her birthday. I even prepared her party with my family so that she felt that she was not alone in Japan while I was in the photo shoot.

That's when I also found out that it was her first time receiving a gift and having a surprise. She even cried, the first time I saw her cry because of joy. That's why I'm glad because I was her first.

I also felt jealous when she was with someone and knew about Jeremy. "Because I feel jealous!"

I love her for who she is.

"I know it right . . . I love your imperfections and being true to me. And congratulations, you're such a tough woman to conquer those things. You were so inspiring so keep it up."

Every time she takes a word, I'm so in love. "You're so kind. I'm sure your future wife will be lucky to have you."

"You want me to sing for you? I promised today that I won't sing for others, except for God and . . . you."

Until she had enough.

"You're the one who restricts me from being with other guys but I never restrict you to do the same even though it hurts. The way . . . you look at me, it seems like it's real but never will be because I'm just a friend, a teacher, and at last a fan to you. You were just good at everyone and I assume that you look at me the way I do."

"Eli," I mumbled and embraced her. "I'm sorry for making you confused but I am also confused about my feelings too."

"What do you mean?"

"S-Suki da . . . Daisuki . . . Daisuki!"

"Baka . . . Baka . . . Baka!"

"I'm an idiot falling in love with you."

But we're too shy to date. Damn.

"You both like each other right? Then date!"

"Eli, don't ignore me. I-I don't know what to do . . . Please."

Tumingin si Eliana akin. "Then let's date!" Eliana said. She managed to be brave telling that. "There's nothing wrong about that, Ran. I will date you and I won't reject you, because you're important to me."

"Damn, I feel so loved Eli."

"It's just my dream of being with you, Ran," Eliana said. "Kinililig ako!"

"Do you have a first kiss, Eli?" I asked while they were walking around holding their hands. "Just asking."

"The truth is, I don't have a first kiss because I'm NBSB, no boyfriend since birth," sabi ni Eliana. "And if I had a first kiss, that person is sure that he will be marrying me. I want to preserve myself until the day I married."

And she felt pity for my stalker and was kind-hearted after what mess the stalker had.

"I'm sorry for fighting you back. I'm just defending myself in trouble." Eliana held the girl's hand and said, "And I'm sorry for liking Ran too. I know how you felt. I'm a girl too that's why I feel your pain. I'm sorry. I know that one day, you'll find someone who truly loves you. You may not be Ran's end game but I am pretty sure, that guy will surely love you for who you are."

Until she got so quiet and I felt something off about her.

"Ran, I will confess something."

"What is it?" Ran worriedly asked. "Don't make me nervous."

"Jeremy was my ex-crush when we were in college, but that was just a past. I found myself falling hard for you, my present that I should be focused on," sabi ni Eliana. "I admitted this to ensure you won't be jealous or anxious. And I knew that the girl named Hana was your first love."

I was surprised when she found out about me and Hana before.

"Don't make me jealous Ran," Eliana said for the first time she said that. "Or keep a secret from me, because once you keep a secret . . . I will leave you."

But I disappointed her.

"Eli . . . You make me worried, I won't forgive myself if something happens to you."

"Ran, I told you, don't keep secrets from me but why didn't you tell me that you met Hana?" Eliana asked, preventing herself from crying. "You wounded my heart, Ran, and you also told her the word that I want to hear from you."

"I'm sorry, I will get you out of here, stay with me."

"Arigatou . . . Ari-gatou . . . Arigatou . . . for making me feel so special but I will decide that I'll going to resign as your English Teacher . . . I want to go back to my homeland, I need . . . some space. Sayo . . . nara."

And I came to my mother to ask for a piece of advice. I don't want Eliana to leave me. She's meaningful in my life.

"You shouldn't focus on the past but on the present where you are delighted and feel contented. Because at the end of the day, you'll still find her presence."

"Mom, how . . . I don't want her to leave me, and I don't know how to confront Hana about the past. I am doing those things because of pity."

"It's better to talk to Hana-chan in the right place and perfect timing and confront her for what you feel. If you want to get back with Eli-chan, you're going to cut the ties with your past."

"I love her."

"If you love her, you should say the words that a woman is waiting for her beloved."

And confront Hana about everything.

"I am helping you because Eliana changed my viewpoint in life. She's the reason why I was not afraid to face you even though you made me anxious after you left me. And the time when Eliana came into my life, that anxiety that I felt, the fear of love again, Eliana changed it. She always understands me and does not fear to correct my mistakes. Those mistakes that you've made to me. I was immature and insecure but I learned to trust a girl, to trust those people who truly appreciate me."

I even finally asked why she stopped messaging me in 2025.

"I asked . . . why she stopped messaging me year 2025?"

"Because she gets tired of pursuing you. The day you ignored her story, she was a bit sad but continued until she got busy and didn't think to message you. That's why when you come here to the Philippines, make sure that you will pursue her! I got mad at you because you keep a secret from her but Ate is wrong too, she keeps a distance from you and keeps away from the problem!" Jay said annoyed. "She's sometimes immature you know! But I am supporting both of you, being with one another makes you stronger and grow deeper."

That's why I understand Eliana. She puts all her emotions that she can't express through writing. Despite happiness, some sufferings come and that's what Eliana conveys through her bleeding pen.

I'm numb to the part that I still don't fully understand her and that I'm still immature when it comes to love.

We had a cool off, we haven't had a break yet because we don't want that to happen. We will rest but we will continue this fight.

While she is not by my side, I realize a lot in life and continue to fight for love along with my dream.

I also take care of Rampee-chan so that she doesn't get mad at me. I became a more responsible person and became caring unlike before when I didn't care about my surroundings. That I always put myself first.

And I decided to go to the Philippines and take the challenge of her father. I was able to handle them and I was approved by her family. So while Eliana was in the room. I told them that I intended to marry Eliana.

"When did you plan to propose?"

"At the final games, we will make sure that we will win."

Eliana's family agreed and I left after my three days in Laguna. Although that time was short, I knew I had broken Eliana's coldness.

Until I watched her interview and said, "Ran . . . If you're watching this, thank you for keeping me inspired and being a motivator to me. I learned to smile, or even laugh and to connect with others. You help me to grow and enable me to strive for my fears. I may not be with you but all I can say is that . . . Mahal kita."

That's why my game is good. Iba talaga ang tama ko kay Eliana. She may not be my first love, but she's indeed my true love and the last.

"I am proud to say that she's Eliana Cuevas, a writer from the Philippines, my English tutor, and my girlfriend . . . My dear Eli, if you're watching this. If we win in the semis, I want you to watch us in the final game, and I'll say the magic words directly to you."

And we won in the semis. I also believed she wouldn't come to the finals but I saw her on the big screen with my jersey t-shirt. That made my heart pump again. Damn, Eli.

And suddenly the same thing happened again, I got injured because of my exaggerated play. I immediately looked at Eliana and gave her a thumbs up. She wears an anxious face so I was worried about her, she wants to come here but she won't be allowed.

But I was okay again in the 5th set and won. I also became the MVP of the game and gave the trophy to Eliana.

Fortunately, the musical directors in the arena were kind to me because I requested to play Betelgeuse once I approached her.

And I did my big surprise at her. That was my proposal to her. 

"Hai!"

I put the ring on Eliana, stood up, and hugged her while saying, "I love you, aishiteru, ti amo, mahal kita, Eliana."

"I already know the truth and that truth is . . ." Eliana smiled even wider and said, "Mahal na mahal din kita, Ran."

I loosened her hold and gently pressed her lips to the lassie. "I love you, Eli," I said. "You may be the first to fall in love with me, but I fall harder at the end of the day."

Whenever I am reminiscing those memories, my love for Eliana fumes even more. We already married five years ago and still, we love each other. We got wedded on May 29, 2029.

Her family also moved to Japan with cats. And Eli taught as an English Teacher here in Japan at Higashiyama High School also continues to write. Mataray pa rin pero mahal ko nang sobra.

Jeremy and I already talked and he clarified that Eliana was just his friend. Hana also says sorry to Eliana, and knowing Eliana, she's forgivable. 

I also went to the church with her and had enough bonding with my family.

I, on the other hand, continued to play volleyball and influenced our only child, Ryo Takahashi. He may be young but he became interested in the ball when he saw me playing in the park. Also, a smart kid like us.

And me and Eli. . . I know after our universes collided, we're still getting stronger. I love her so much.

らん Journal 2034
Page 1-5

"What are you writing, Ran?" Eliana asks as she goes inside our study hall. She looked at my journal and said, "You're imitating me again, you just read my Journal in 2028. Gaya-gaya puto-maya ka talaga!" 

"Of course, my dear Eli, my ancestry should know my purest love for you. On how I love you so much. Because of that curiosity."

"Because of the Tiktok video," sabi ni Eliana. "If you haven't seen my IG story, Jeremy was my. . ."

"Sssh Eli!" I stopped her and hugged her suddenly. "Fine! I'll admit it! That TikTok Video . . . because you were the first to fall in love but I was the one who fell so hard. You were somehow familiar to me when we met in person, dahil nakita ko ang video mo at na-cute-an ako sa 'yo. You understand, Mrs. Eli Takahashi?"

"Cute naman talaga ako, maraming nac-cute-an sa akin," Eliana said and released her hug from me while reaching for my cheek. "My baby did, my husband did, my Mr. Ran Takahashi did," Eliana said to me that's why my face turned red as well as hers. Eliana smiled, I could see that her eyes also smiled and my wife's dimples appeared.  "I wouldn't know you if I didn't watch you on YouTube," Eliana said. "I just had a crush on you before and became a fan, but after our universe collided, our life changed because we found each other, grew deeper, and got stronger."

The End.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 8.3K 41
[ COMPLETED ] A Reader x Sakusa Kiyoomi fanfic, where you both fall in love at the most unexpected circumstances. You are not part of the volleyball...
73.9K 1.6K 51
Aya have always been called the bestfriend, the number fan, the biggest supporter, the little princess... What annoys her the most was being just the...
59.1K 2.1K 29
Meeting the new girl and offering to show her around the school may have been the worst idea Hajime's ever had. He never planned to fall in love, but...
187K 5.3K 15
You move to Japan after living in the states as a child, leaving your childhood friends behind. You now go to Karasuno high but didn't expect to find...