What The Future Holds| XO Ste...

jeremiahfisherfan tarafından

Callie Elizabeth Fisher was everything like her mother. The way Susannah always made sure everyone was taken... Daha Fazla

Chapter 001 Before Everything Got Fucked
Chapter 002 Sounds Very Susannah
Chapter 003 Happy Fucking Birthday
Chapter 004 Nothing Says Happy 4th Like A Boyfriend.
Chapter 005 Mommy, I Know The Truth
Chapter 006 Im So Sick Of 19
Chapter 007 Prom Was A Fucking Mess
Chapter 008 Do You Want A Cookie?
Chapter 010 Sorry To Interrupt Your Little Moment
Chapter 011 I Promise
Chapter 012 Cant You Just Try
Chapter 013 Shoot Your Shot
Chapter 014 Party In The U.S.A
Chapter 15 Laurel
Chapter 16 You Never Know What The Future Holds

Chapter 009 Goodbye With A Rose

988 13 4
jeremiahfisherfan tarafından

(A/N: hey y'all so this episode was so hard for me to write but I think it came out just as I wanted it. It took a couple days to get the words out so I hope you like it. Also this chapter does switch pov to Laurels but just for a second. I forget to say this in every author note but please give me feed back if you have any, I want everyone to like this story :)!)

                                  August 6th

"I'm glad we got to spend the last day of summer together." Steven said grabbing my hand.

We had bikes to Cedar Park and has been on the swings for what felt like hours.

"Before we leave for the year I just wanted to say that Thai school year isn't going to be the same. For my entire life I have loved you in secret but now it's going to be harder to love you from Rhode Island." I say hoping off the swing.

—————————————————————————

                                   May 20th

I had been napping and dreaming of our last day in Cousins, we didn't know it back then it would be our last time at that house.

I wasn't in cousins. And I wasn't with Steven.

I was in Boston preparing for Susannah's funeral.

I remember the day she died like it was yesterday.

Nona, the home health nurse had woken me up to tell me it would be that night.

I had told her to let me know first so I could tell Connie and Jeremiah.

I walked to Jeremiah's room and gently knocked before going in.

"Is she gone?" He asks sitting up in confusion.

I wanted to tell him first because I knew he felt left out of the loop constantly.

"Not yet but Nona says it will be tonight," I start, "go wake Connie and I'll get Adam.

"Daddy, it's time for us to say goodbye." I say tapping him.

I hadn't called him daddy since I was eleven but I knew his heart always got softer inside when I did. Susannah needed that.

When he got to the office she looked paper thin.

One by one we said our goodbye starting with Jeremiah, Conrad, Adam then me.

I sat in the chair next to her bed and grabbed her hand.

"Mommy?" I say quietly trying to hold in my tears. I had to be strong for Jere.

"My favorite." She said trying to get her hand to my cheek. I helped guide it there.

I had always been  Susannah's favorite, everyone knew it and I want ashamed to admit it. I liked being her favorite.

"Mommy I love you."

And just like that I felt her soul drift away. A single tear fell down my face as I put her arms to her side.

I pull Adam to the hall.

"I'll call Laurel and we can let everybody else who isn't as important know tomorrow." I say going back to hold Jeremiah.

.................................................................................
                                 Laurels Pov

The call came around 3:30 am. As soon as I heard the phone ring I knew it was one of the Fishers calling.

"Is she gone?"I ask.

"She's gone Laur." Callie responds.

I hang up and pack a bag.

.................................................................................

Callie's pov

When Susannah had been sick she made Laurel the executor of her will. She had asked me but I told her it's an honor Laurel should have.

It was the next day and I woke up early to let everyone know.

My first call was to her half sister. We hadn't heard much about aunt Julia and rarely ever saw her. The last time we spoke I was eight.

"Hi aunt Julia it's Callie, Susannah's daughter." I said exhausted and sleep deprived.

"Oh Callie yes why are you calling?" She said annoyed.

"I'm just calling to let you know that Susannah died earlier this morning around three," I start, "we are in the process of funeral arrangements but I can get back to you with details."

"Oh no need, I won't get the time off of work. Have a nice day." She finished, hanging up.

Have a nice day? My mother just died.

I had taken time off from school so I could constantly go check on Laurel and the arrangements.

Susannah was very vocal about her funeral.

She want white roses and hydrangeas, to be buried next to her mother, and for us to not forget the peace she has black listed.

She also told me one day that she wanted Laurel with us on the front row, Steven and Belly too.

What she told me, she didn't tell Adam.

...
May 27th

The day of the funeral I was nervous. I had been mad at Adam because he asked a pastor to give Susannah's Eulogy instead of Laurel.

Conrad and I had been the last one to the funeral home out of the summer people. We stayed back to prepare everything for her wake after the funeral.

When I got there I immediately went to find Jeremiah. I found him in a room just off of the chapel with Steven and Belly.

"How are you doing baby brother?" I say playing with his hair. He always hated his curls but always calmed down when I played with them.

I grabbed a small bag of tissues because today was going to be a very wet day for Jeremiah.

I went over to Steven and let myself melt into his arms.

"I don't know what to say." He says.

"I don't either." I reply.

The funeral started around ten minutes later.

I did fine Witt the random pastor and the people who barely knew Susannah crying as if they knew her from birth.

Adam, being the dick he is made the Conklins sit behind us.

"Immediate family only" he says.

Well to that I say fuck you and they are more her family than you were.

When the pastor stepped of the stage it was my turn to speak.

"Uh hi I'm Callie Fisher, Susannah's daughter." Is almost choke.

"My mother was a lot of things but the best mother was and will always be first in the list. Everyone she knew adored her especially our her family me, my twin brother Conrad, our younger brother Jeremiah, her best friend Laurel Park, and her children Steven and Isabel Conklin have all experienced the kindness and joy she brings to peoples lives. She'd never fail to be the life of the party even through the end. Even though this day doesn't feel real I'm glad the people she lives most" I say painting to every but Adam, "could be here to celebrate her life." I step off the stage.

I had been under control the whole day and whole process of the day. It was now Conrad's turn to speak and then we could bury her.

When he got up to the stage he was barely holding himself together. He gave me a look and I gave him a nod of reassurance.

"My mom always asked me to play her this." He says before strumming the guitar.

"Oh where oh where can my baby be, the lord took her away from me..."

In that moment, I broke.

I gripped on to Adam for dear life and tried to cry silently.

Jeremiah pulled me up and led me to the room from earlier. Steven, Belly, and Conrad followed us.

"I'm sorry" I cry to Jeremiah.

"I'm supposed to be strong for you Jere and I let that go I'm so sorry"
...

I had excused myself to the bathroom and washed up.

When we got to the grave it was quick. Adam said a few words. Jeremiah, Conrad, and I walked up.

"Goodbye mommy" I said.

And with that we threw a white rose and hydrangea flower mix onto the casket and she was gone.
(A/N: hi everyone so little note, I didn't want to ruin this chapter with the Belly and Conrad drama because I'm really proud of it. I'm not sure if I'll include it in the next chapter but maybe I'll start it off white that.

And I'm going to start writing a new tsitp inspired fan fic so what do you all think I should write it about? Jeremiah x Belly, a Conrad story or something else let me know what you would read!

XO KK!)

Published: 7/20/2023
Words:1403

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

241K 16.5K 69
Graduation is right around the corner for Ada Sinclair. She's spent all of high school saving up for her dream college and skipped high school tradit...
346K 5.5K 31
In which two families, especially five teenagers, learn how to deal and control their overwhelming feelings. Will their underlying emotions affect th...
34.3K 375 49
☆𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃, 𝐓𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔☆ 𝐘/𝐍 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐤𝐥𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡...
2.1K 53 9
"ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ꜱᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀʟʟ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜱᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜᴘ ᴀɢᴀɪɴꜱᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʟʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ" 𓇽𓇽𓇽 ➤➤𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝖽𝗂𝖺𝗇𝖺 𝗄𝗎𝗆𝖺𝗋 𝖺...