Chapter 008 Do You Want A Cookie?

(A/N: this is kind of a continuance from the last chapter because it was already long and I didn't want it to be too long. This chapter I'm sorta basing off what happens in the book because it's not in the show when I write this so I might change it if the scene comes up but yea! As always, enjoy this chapter!)

The next day when we woke up both of our eyes were puffy. We both agreed we couldn't see Susannah like so so while we drove to Boston we put on eye de-puffer masks I bought from Korea.

"You have to promise me you will make up any detail about the other night to make mom happy. She doesn't need to know what happened." I say encouraging him to not brake our mothers heart.

"I promise."

When we got to our house Jeremiah ran outside. I found it odd that he was so excited to see me when he was ignoring my calls just the other day.

"I want to see every photo!" He says twirling me around.

"And hello to you golden retriever." I say ruffling his hair.

When we got inside I immediately went to the home office. We had converted it into Susannah's room so that she didn't have to go upstairs every night.

"Oh my gorgeous girl. You looked absolutely stunning in that dress." She says as I hug her gently.

I sit down on the couch next to Jeremiah to show him the photos Laurel had taken.

We weee soon joined by Conrad and Susannah.

"Who wants Chinese?" She says grabbing the phone to order it.

We all agree and Jeremiah and I go upstairs.

He followed me to my room.

It would be important to mention that recently Jeremiah found out about Adam and his secretary. Conrad had told him.

While I had been getting closer to Adam, trying to rebuild our father daughter relationship, Jeremiah wanted theirs to stay broken and I respected that. Mostly because apart of my self will always hate a part of Adam for what he did, but Susannah gave me permission to move on, or to try to move on.

"Can I help you?" I ask laying on my bed I missed dearly.

"I was looking for a hoodie you stole from me and saw a photo of you and that dick-head." He says referring to Adam and the photo of us on my nightstand.

"That was recent because you have your piercing you got a week ago in it!" He says throwing his hands up. "How can you forgive him after what he did"

At this point I'm standing up. "I haven't forgave him. Im still pissed at him, going to lunch doesn't erase the last three years Jeremiah."

"He's going to need us when she's gone and you know it because you'll need him to. Connie and I will be an hour away at college. I know things can never be the same but I need him for my sanity." I breathe.

"Well I still think it's wrong." He says.

"Do you want a cookie?" I stare at him. "If you're gonna bring this disrespectful shit in this house at least do it outside my room." I push him out.

I had never spoken to Jeremiah that way. I guess I'm pissing everyone off with my actions these days.

I don't know what's going on with me. Why I felt the need to say those things.

I am still laying on my bed when I get a notification.

Stevie<3                                                                     cal

I think we should take a break to figure something's out. It might be awkward with Belly and Con breaking up I think we just need time.

Fuck.

Did that really just happen? A break? What does that fucking mean?

Stevie<3                                                                   cal
                                              A break? Are you
                  fucking serious right now? All because I    
                  chose to be there for my twin brother?
                  Maybe we should just call it.

Read
                                     9:07 pm
Ok then.

Damn it. What I wanted him to say was 'no let's not break up let's be together forever' but I guess you can't have a cake and eat it too.

My mom always says you should never go to sleep mad at someone so I go to Jeremiah's room.

"Im sorry. Im so sorry. I don't know what's going on with me. Im so sorry Jeremiah"

"It's ok what's wrong?"he asks hugging. Holding me up because I can barely stand.

"Me and Steven broke up" I say after regaining my ability to stand.

"I'll fucking kill him if you want."

"No. It was my fault for leaving the other day and when he said he wanted to take a break I said that if he felt that way we should just end it now." I start, "but it's ok. I will be just fine."

"Why don't I take you to a party to cheer you up?" He says going to my closet to pick an outfit.

"Don't you think I'm too old for a party? What would I even do?" I say following him.

"To get your mind off of Steven. And it would y hurt to get under someone else if you know what I mean." He holds up a black mini dress and black leather thigh boots.

"Eww gross. But fine." I say taking the clothes.

When we get to the party I can see all the people I used to know when I would accompany Jeremiah to parties as his sober driver.

And then I spot the one person who would either make or break my night. Liam.

"Aye! Callie you're back in Boston!" He say's putting his arm round me, clearly drunk.

I'm not proud to admit what happens next. Steven and I broke up less than 24 hours ago.

But never the less I find myself in an empty room with Liam.

I didn't really want to be kissing this guy I hated to even look at but I was too emotionally distraught to not.

Saved by the phone ring I hop off the dresser, fix my dress, and run to somewhere quieter.

"Hello?" I start.

"Callie." It's Steven. It hadn't occurred to me to look at who was calling.

"What I said was fucked up and I'm sorry. Are you home?"

"No I'm Jeremiah's DD at a party but I can leave. I'm sorry too. Seeing Conrad go through heart break did something to my heart as well."

"I love you but I don't regret leaving."

"So can we call this 'break up' just a break and never have this happen again?" He asks.

"I would want nothing more."

"Good because I'm at your house but take your time at the party I'll see you soon." He hangs up before I can say anything.

"Jeremiah I have to go can you find another ride?" I ask pulling him to the side.

"I'll just leave now."

When we get back home Steven is waiting on the step. I motion Jeremiah inside letting him know I was fine.

He starts to apologize but before he can get the words out I'm already kissing him.

(A/N: sorry for the stress I put some of y'all through with the last chapter but I have delivered a stress reliever. I would technically call this a filler chapter because I needed something to hold y'all over until I get the funeral episode out. XO , KK!)

Published:7/19/3023
Words:1258