Reputation (Finnick Odair)

By sunrize1d

"๐‘จ๐’•๐’๐’‚๐’” ๐‘ญ๐’๐’™, ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’๐’๐’š ๐’‘๐’†๐’“๐’”๐’๐’ ๐’•๐’ ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’Œ๐’Š๐’๐’ 16 ๐’‘๐’†๐’๐’‘๐’๐’† ๐’ƒ๐’š ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Ž๐’”๐’†๐’๐’—... More

Prologue |
Prologue ||
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 15

7.3K 168 14
By sunrize1d

     In a way, her prep team's silence was scaring Atlas more than the upcoming games. Their usual chatter was silenced and for once, Atlas could hear the sound of the scissors snipping at the end of her freshly bleached and toned hair. They've left her hair straight but cut a wispy fringe that rests above her eyebrows. Atlas thought it was quite impractical but she was scared that her prep team would start sobbing if she told them. They had already let a few tears drip down onto her arm. They went with a soft gold eyeshadow on her eyes and slathered her lips in a gloss that tasted like vanilla, the substance sticking her lips together.

Atlas almost wishes her prep team would say something, anything, to break the silence of the room. The quiet gave way for her thoughts to run wild, visions of flaming birds and bloody swords fill her mind. Atlas knew her district was on edge. Even before she left there was talks of a rebellion but at the time they were just hushed whispers. They had probably progressed into chants at this point.

"All done," Puggy, the girl that had done Atlas' hair says quietly, her eyes stuck on the ground. Atlas glances around and sees the rest of her prep team in a similar state. She just nods at them, a soft smile drifting across her face. They quickly rush out of the room and Atlas thinks she hears one of them release a sob.

After they've gone, Diamond let's herself into the room, closing the door behind her. A bag is laid over her arm and Atlas can only assume her outfit is inside.

"How are you darling," Diamonds soft voice calls out to Atlas. She moves towards the younger girl unzipping the bag as she does.

Atlas almost automatically answers that she's good but she pauses and thinks about it. What did she have to lose with being honest?

"I don't know."

Diamond smiles sadly, looking the girl up and down. She sighs and pulls a white dress out of the bag and Atlas' eyes go wide. The dress is beautiful, made of structured feathers that shimmer blue under the light. The dress ends about a third down her thigh but individual feathers hang down almost fading the dress towards the ground. The top of the dress is made of the same feathers and continues to stick close to her skin but the neckline cuts down just like her parade look. Feathers spread outward around the cut but still remain close to the fabric they are plastered to. Like the feathers of a real bird.

"Wow," Atlas says, her fingers softly running over the hard feathers.

"I know. I designed it with Cinna, District 12's stylist," Diamond says, adoration lacing her voice. She stares at the dress fondly, a small smile breaking onto her usually stoic features, "It's supposed to resemble a mocki- a swan."

Diamond freezes, a panicked look crossing her face. Atlas turns towards her and grabs her hands, bringing them toward her. Diamond looks at the girl with a questioning look and Atlas simply nods, confirming her involvement in the revolution. Atlas knew what this dress represented and while she could say it was a swan and the capitol would believe her, her district knew. Her district knew that white mockingjays were native to their land. Her district knew that this was a symbol, a promise.

Diamond turns to grab the dress and Atlas turns to help her get it on. Once the dress is on, Diamond has her put on a pair of white heels with two wings spreading out around her ankles. Next is a pair of white earrings that resemble the swords the carried in the arena. Atlas pauses. Diamond puts them on for her, a certain knowing look on her face. Finally, Diamond pulls out a small circlet that she places in Atlas' outstretched palms. It seems to be made of white vines that weave together to form the circle. Atlas loves it. Diamond takes it and places it on her head, just above her inconvenient fringe.

"You're ready, lily flower," Diamond says, attempting to be strong. Atlas can hear the shake in her voice but pretends not to notice for the sake of both of them.

"Let's go," Atlas whispers softly to herself, her eyes locked on her own in the mirror. In the haze of preparation she had forgotten to even look at herself in the dress. She can't deny, it looks beautiful on her. And even the fringe looks good. She blinks a few times and turns around, moving to walk out of the room. She only turns around to hug Diamond before rushing out of the room.

Her heels click against the ground and she can hear Diamond following her from a distance. When she arrives to the elevator, Mars is there with Olympia and Apricot. Mars is dressed in a loose, flowy, white button-up with a vague feather pattern on it and white dress pants. He looks nice. Atlas feels sick.

"You look nice," Atlas says to Mars as she walks up to him. Mars smiles and Atlas can't deny she missed seeing him happy.

"You do as well Miss Fox," Mars says, holding his elbow out for Atlas to grab gauntly. Atlas laughs and plays along, gripping into this bit of normalcy as tightly as she can.

     "Shall we be off Mr Whitlock?" Atlas says grabbing onto his offered elbow softly. The other adults that had surrounded the pair look on in confusion at how the two could act so jaunty all of a sudden. The pair don't pay them any mind, instead laughing and walking onto the elevator and waiting for the trio to get on with them. The ride down is quick and Atlas thinks it's over too soon as she is forced to face reality once again as Diamond pulls her aside.

     "Good luck lily flower," She says softly, her hands grasping Atlas' cheeks. Atlas stares, trying to keep her emotions at bay as she stares into the eyes of the wonderful stylist in front of her. She can't help the bile that rises to her throat as she thinks of both of their futures.

    "Thank you," Atlas finally replies, wrapping the woman in a hug before letting go at the sound of her voice being called.

    "Attie!" A familiar voice calls out from across the hall. Atlas smiles and turns, being met with Finnick Odair waving her over to stand with the rest of the victors. Atlas turns and waves bye to the three that had escorted her here before skipping away towards Finnick.

    She'd never admit it but she kinda missed talking to him since training had ended. He was annoying but they talked almost every day anyway. A strange change to be in the Capitol and not always be within close proximity of each other.

     "Finnick Odair," Atlas says, a charming tilt to her smooth voice. Finnick tilts his head, his mouth opening with a smile.

    "Turned on the charm already?"

     Atlas laughs, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. Finnicks grin becomes a subtle smirk as Atlas laughs and he leans against the wall next to him.

     "I think we're matching," Finnick says, gesturing between his white shirt and her dress before his eyes land on Altas' hair, "and they cut your hair."

    Atlas hums, "Sadly. Never had bangs before and now they're gonna be the last haircut I get."

     Something in Finnicks eyes shifts and he raises an eyebrow, the smile on his face now long gone.

    "You seen Plutarch recently?"

     Atlas nods before wondering how many people Plutarch had wrapped into his schemes. It seems Finnick knew. Of course, the twelves had to know.

     Just as Atlas thinks about them, the twelves walk up, dressed in wedding attire. Atlas wants to throw up at the sight of them. The simple vision of seeing Katniss in a wedding dress made almost everyone glare at her. For Atlas, it was because she knew she could never have that. Snow was showing them the one thing most of them could never have. Finnick seems to be having similar feelings because he rubs a comforting hand over Atlas' exposed shoulder, his touch leaving goosebumps in its wake.

    "I can't believe Cinna put you in that thing," Finnick says, an edge to his usually mellow voice.

     "He didn't have any choice. President snow made him."

    Atlas ignores Cashmere as she yells out some vaguely pointed insult and instead thinks back to Katniss's words.

     Atlas scoffs. President Snow had sucked the life out of every single one of the victors. Of course he would have his last little piece of emotional manipulation for them. Katniss shoots a glance at Atlas but she can't find it in herself to care right now. But some small piece of her forces her to turn around and step quickly over to the girl and her large dress. As Atlas steps over the girl, Katniss looks up at her, an unsure look on her face.

     "You-," Atlas pauses, taking a breath, "You look better than he deserves."

     "Snow?" Katniss asks quietly, the word seemingly burning her tongue.

      Atlas nods before stepping backward from the girl and turning slowly back around and toward Finnick and Mars, only turning once to smile at Katniss once again. As Atlas finds her way back into the line, her heart jumps as Finnick grins at her. She ignores it, instead focusing on the interview coming ahead.

Atlas biggest weapon was always her charm.

A/N
Longer chapter because of the delay. Sorry it took so long, I've been busy + it was my birthday so I didn't update 🎂. Pretend Sam Claflin is taller than 5'11 and Katniss' heels aren't that high lol. I want Finnick to be taller than Atlas and Atlas to be taller than Katniss. Peeta can still be short idc about that lmao.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 527 28
The Hunger Games | Finnick Odair ----------- โDon't leave me, please don't leave me. Don't leave me alone.โž โI won't leave you Finnick,โž She kissed...
97.8K 4.1K 26
๐Ÿน๐ŸŒฒ๐ŸŒพโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€๐™ท๐™ถ! โ”Šอ™ ใƒป... หห‹ ห–*ยฐเฟ ๐‹๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐Ž๐ซ ๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก โŒ—โŒ— หš เผ˜โ™ก ยทหš โ‚Šหšห‘เผ„ุ˜ ๐ˆ๐Œ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” (๐˜บ/๐˜ฏ) ๐˜‰๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ...
1.5K 91 5
Oh, drunken Gods of slaughter, you know I've always been your favorite daughter. โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € โ € THG / Finnick Odair. 2024 ยฉ f...
377K 10.6K 24
//๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™˜๐™  ๐™ค๐™™๐™–๐™ž๐™ง ๐™ญ ๐™ค๐™˜ // โ ๐™‡๐™ฎ๐™ฃ๐™ญ ๐™ˆ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™š๐™ง - ๐˜‹๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ต 5'๐˜ด '๐˜“๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜š๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ' - ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๏ฟฝ...