The Torn Soldier: The Untold...

De widowsghost

Deep dive into a soldier who was gone without a trace. Natasha Romanoff x oc A super soldier turned widow, hi... Mai multe

The Experiment
War
Enrollment
Best.
You Should've Known Better.
The Widow Soldier.
Back Online.
Hail Hydra.
Recovery.
405.
Daydreaming.
Late Night Talking.
Stay.
Together?
Champagne Problems.

Lost Soul.

259 15 0
De widowsghost

"There were two of them." Steve looked over to Nick Fury, who leaned back into his chair.

"Two?"

"Seems like there are two Winter Soldiers. Bucky and..." He trailed off before walking back to the table. "I don't know who she was but she was a lot stronger."

"I shot her in the back and until the bullet hit her in the ear and her comms fell out, it was like she didn't feel it." Sam chimed in with his arms crossed across his chest. He didn't want to know how she felt his aim to her head and how she knew when to move. It ran chills down his spine.

Natasha stayed quiet hearing their conversation as she lowered her gaze to the table.

Maria had been typing on her computer before coming to a stop. "No history of her at all.. it's like she doesn't even exist. Not on any database." She looked back up at Steve and Fury, who only grew more concerned with that information.

Fury looked over at Natasha for a second not hearing much from the redhead. He then continued to enforce his plan before getting stopped by Steve.

He took a moment before leaning back and looking up at Steve. "Well... looks like you're giving the orders now, Captain."

Bucky and Karolina got put into separate rooms once they made it back. He got his arm patched up as she stayed in her cell. No one had come to check up on her.

She sat with her back against the cold stone wall with two guards standing at the door. Karolina heard a thud come from the other side of the hallway where Bucky was. Her body slowly got more tense before she looked up from the floor, pain shot through her neck. That feeling came back, something was wrong.

In the next few moments, there was an unbearable silence then... came the screams.

She lowered her head before she heard the opening of the cell door.

Alexander Pierce.

Most of the guards followed him, the majority outside due to the size of the cell. One right behind him as Pierce sat down on a chair he brought in, right in front of her.

His eyes scanned her face, at least what he could see before leaning back. "Your partner didn't feel like cooperating. I do hope that's not the case with you." He leaned forward in one quick motion and lifted her jaw, looking into her eyes before ripping off the muzzle.

She threw him a stare before moving her jaw from its usual locked position. She moved her head side to side as the movement was followed by the sound of various cracks.

"Speak, if not... this" He waved the muzzle around, "goes back on."

Karolina soon told him everything about the mission, from the army camp to the highway. Her voice was scratched up from not being able to talk for so long. Hard swallows helped ease the pain of speaking. At the end he walked out without a word and left the muzzle on the ground of the small cell.

As the cell door closed again, the silence returned as she took in a deep breath before reaching behind her back.

She pushed her index finger and thumb into the broken skin of where she got hit and reached for the bullet. A soft clank echoed in the cell.

Karolina soon got transferred to the clinic where they stitched her up and told her the next part of the mission. She listened the best she could but she couldn't shake the familiarity of the two she was supposed to take out.

-----------------------------

Takedown.

Here's the thing about Natasha.
Her background has always been some thing she's had to live with. Trying to forget it seemed impossible, and so, she kept it to herself. Fury and Clint being the only ones to truly know what happened. Or at least... some part of it all.

Now, a part of her past has come back.
Someone who, despite all the dark and cruel situations, always tried to keep her safe.

She was able to run. To escape, because of her. That was all there was to it.

Right?

But even the soldier had her demons, who knows what has happened to her since then. Yet...

Natasha knew she had to try.

As Steve, Maria, and Sam went to try and find a way into the helicarriers, Natasha disguised herself to be right next to Pierce.

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

As Steve's voice flooded the speakers, his words filled everyone who heard them, a confidence to stand up for what was right as the truth got uncovered. The courage to stand up to HYDRA.

It was too late.

The council turned against Pierce as the rest of HYDRA came out of the shadows. Rumlow started the override as the helicarriers went into the air.

As Steve and Sam made their way in fighting off who they could, Pierce saw the fight from the glass windows surrounding the office.

Pierce turned away to walk towards the council. "Let me ask you a question."

He stood in front of them as the guards stood behind him once again. "What if Pakistan marched into Mumbai tomorrow, and you knew that they were going to drag your daughters into a soccer stadium for execution." Pierce stood next to one of the men and stopped before giving him a glass of champagne. "And you could just stop it, with a flick of a switch. Wouldn't you? Wouldn't you all?" He turned to the rest of the group.

"Not if it was your switch." The man threw the glass against the floor a few feet away from him as Pierce looked to the side with an obnoxious chuckle. The shattering of the glass being the only sound as all the tension in the room bubbled.

The agent next to Pierce handed him a gun. Just as he was aiming, Natasha kicked the man out of the way. She punched Pierce in the face before throwing a widow to the guard to the right in a matter of seconds.

She soon took down all the guards and pointed the gun at Pierce, who in return looked at the older woman whose face soon distorted as well as her voice with a simple touch to the side of her forehead.

"I'm sorry.."

She soon took off her face modifier as well as her wig. With a small smirk she spoke, "Did I step on your moment?"

Pierce's face was priceless.

Everyone stilled as Natasha tried to override the status of the helicarrier.

"What are you doing?" The councilman Rockwell asked as he looked over at Natasha.

Pierce answered for her, "She's disabling security protocols and dumping all the secrets onto the internet."

Natasha kept her gaze on the computer as she answered. "Including HYDRA's and SHIELD's." That last part caught Pierce's attention as he stepped closer, his phone in hand.

"If you do this, none of your past is gonna remain hidden." Her typing stopped for a second as she looked up at him for a second before continuing. "Are you sure you're ready for the world to see you as you really are?"

Smugly, Natasha answered. "Are you?"

Maria uncovered files and files as they got uploaded to the system and checked in on the guys. They both had gotten in, giving confirmation as they inserted the tech drives.

"Alpha lock."

"Bravo lock."

There was one more disc to be inserted onto the helicarrier.

The Winter Soldier took the last ship after he took out the flying team and flew up to meet them both up there.

"Disabling the encryption is an executive order." Pierce looked at the screen before looking over at Natasha. "It takes two Alpha level members."

It seemed as if her confidence couldn't falter under anything he said. Taking it all calmly and strategically. "Don't worry. Company's coming."

The sound of a helicopter took over the silence in the room.

The whole council now saw Nick Fury walk in. Pierce shook off the shock as he looked over at the man, "Did you get my flowers?"

Everyone stayed unamused, a cold look appeared on Nick's face.

Natasha uncrossed her arms as Pierce kept talking, only trying to steal time.

"I'm glad you're here, Nick."

"Really? Because I thought you had me killed."

Pierce tossed the thought away, "You know how the game works." No one knew at the time, but that was a play on words.

A cue.

"So why make me head of SHIELD?"

"Because you were the best and the most ruthless person I ever met."

"I did what I did to protect people."

Pierce kept his rhythm as he countered, "Our enemies are your enemies, Nick."

Fury grew angrier as Pierce only grew cockier. "Disorder. War. It's just a matter of time before a dirty bomb goes off in Moscow, or an EMP fries Chicago. Diplomacy? A holding action, Nick. A band-aid. And you know where I learned that. Bogota."

A realization took over Fury's face as he stayed quiet. "You didn't ask. You just did what had to be done." Pierce looked at him before going on, "I can bring order to the lives of seven billion people by sacrificing 20 million. It's the next step, Nick. If you have the courage to take it."

"No. I have the courage not to." Fury walked away from Pierce and stepped closer to the glass screen.

"Retinal scanner active." The automated voice said as they both stood next to each other. Natasha stood behind Pierce, pointing a gun to his head.

Pierce chuckled once more, looking over at Fury, "You don't think we've wiped your clearance from the system?"

Fury gave him an almost invisible nod. "I know you erased my password. Probably deleted my retinal scan. But if you want to stay ahead of me, Mr. Secretary." He paused to lift up his eye patch from his eye. "You need to keep both eyes open." He growled out in a lower tone.

They both faced the screen as the laser scanned both their eyes.

"Alpha level confirmed. Encryption code accepted." The monitor continued once more, "Safeguards removed."

The screen lit up with "Transfer complete." As Natasha looked at Pierce, "Done." She looked down at her phone, "And it's trending."

In the next few moments, the council all went down with a simple push of a button on Pierce's side.

They all got killed by the same thing that guaranteed their security. Natasha raised her gun quickly and aimed it at Pierce. "Unless you want a two-inch hole in your sternum, I'd put that gun down."

Both Natasha and Fury had panic fill their eyes. "That was armed the moment you pinned it on." Fury and Natasha both lowered their guns after a moment passed with an exchanged look. Pierce got that cocky look back on his face.

On the floor, one of the council members got up as Natasha and Fury looked over with confusion. They removed their face modifier as Pierce gave Fury one last look. "I am one step ahead. Always have been."

Karolina removed the formal suit revealing her uniform and walked over to aim the gun at Fury's head. She stood right to the side of Pierce as the other two froze completely.

Natasha looked between Fury and the soldier as Fury slowly turned his head to look into her eyes. Nothing. Not a single emotion that could be read on her face or in her eyes.

Pierce walked away as he shook his head, "Not him." Karolina then turned her head to Natasha before aiming her gun at her. Natasha's breath hitched in her throat for the second time.

"Finish your mission first." He walked over to the computer, "Lieutenant, how much longer?" Charlie's voice came in through the radio "65 seconds to satellite link." Natasha looked at Karolina a little more in focus, this was as close as they had gotten in so long. So much had changed yet deep down she could feel Karolina was the same person but still trapped. "Targeting link engaged." Karolina stared deep into Natasha's eyes, her finger on the trigger, for a second it felt like they were right back into the hell that was the red room. "Lowering the weapons array now."

Karolina tightened her grip on her gun as she heard Pierce again. "I said, finish your mission." Karolina let out a deep exhale as she clenched her jaw.

"Don't do this."

"Now!"

Natasha took the chance and stepped closer to the soldier as Fury shook his head at her move. "You can't run... but I can help you. Just put the gun down."

Natasha looked deep into her eyes before she said...

"Karolina."

The Widow Soldier fused her brows together and felt her subconscious slowly come back. She groaned as her eyes started to show emotion, the first in so many years.

Concern.

Charlie's voice filled the radio again, "We've reached 3,000 feet Sat Link coming on now." Another one of the agents spoke, "Deploy algorithm."

"Algorithm deployed." The satellites started to align.

"We are go to target."

"If you don't shoot her, so help me I'll- "

"Target saturation reached."

"All targets assigned. Fire when ready."

"Put the gun down." Natasha repeated quieter.

Karolina lowered the gun.

"Firing in three,

two,

one."

Karolina swiftly raised the gun and shot Pierce.

Natasha looked behind her as the satellites went offline. Steve had put in the last drive, "Charlie lock."

The explosions started as Pierce looked back at Karolina. "What a waste." Natasha looked at him as he leaned on his desk. "So, you still on the fence about Rogers' chances?"

Pierce groaned before grabbing his phone and holding his shoulder. "Time to go, councilwoman. This way. Come on." Karolina passed the gun to Fury as Pierce turned around.

"You're going to fly me out of here." He grabbed Natasha's arm.

"You know there was a time I would've taken a bullet for you." Nick told Pierce.

"You already did, and you... you'll die soon enough." He pointed at Karolina before turning back around. "You will again when it's useful." He told Fury as Natasha activated one of her widow bites. Karolina looked over as she rushed over once she saw her collapse, catching her and putting her on the floor gently, staying by her side as she heard Fury shoot Pierce two more times.

"Natalia." She scanned her for any breathing before she grabbed her hand and checked for any pulse. Fury got down on his knee on her other side, "Romanoff."

When she didn't respond, he lowered his voice. "Natasha. Natasha! Come on!"

She moved her brows slightly before slowly opening her eyes and mumbling a soft "Ow."

She looked up at the two of them. "Those really do sting."

Karolina helped her get up as they locked eyes. "Long time."

Natasha nodded slowly, her hand placed on Karolina's forearm. "You could say that."

"We gotta get out of here." Fury said as he looked out the window. "You guys go, I'll fight off the rest of them."

Natasha caught Karolina's gaze again, "There's an extra seat on the helicopter." Natasha looked at her face, seeing if she was hurt doing a quick scan. Karolina shook her head as Fury looked over at the two, "If you don't kill us then we're good."

"No, Bucky, he's- "

"We'll find him...and Steve."

Karolina looked between her and the guards who were coming up before she nodded and decided to go with them. She tried to keep calm as she slowly felt herself starting to feel everything again. Her mind was about to crash, she needed to find Bucky. With that, Natasha guided her to the helicopter.

As they went into the air, Karolina saw Sam jump out of the building as Fury tilted the to the side.

Karolina grabbed him with Natasha as they both pulled him in. "41st floor! 41st!"

"It's not like they put the floor numbers on the side of the building." Karolina looked at Sam as the shock finally set in as he started to back up. "Woah woah woah." He sat up and tried to catch his breath as Natasha shook her head. "It's okay."

Sam stayed unsteady before he saw Karolina's demeanor had changed from the last time he saw her, he kept his guard up still until he looked at the Helicarrier that was falling from the sky.

Karolina's head shot to the right as her neck got filled with pain, Natasha's words got muffled. "Location on Rogers?"

Karolina stepped closer to the open door as Natasha called out after her, "Hey!" Karolina looked over her shoulder, "Don't worry... Natasha."

Karolina jumped out of the helicopter as she saw Steve fall out of the helicarrier. Everyone was in shock as Natasha could've sworn she saw the smallest of smirks on her face.

"We can't go five minutes without someone jumping out of something." Sam said breathlessly.

Karolina swam across the body of water. By the time she got to the piece of land where Steve was, Bucky was gone. Karolina breathed in deeply before walking until she could get out of the water.

She leaned against a tree before seeing Steve breathing, his chest rising. She looked up to see if she could find any trace of Bucky. He was gone.

She took in a few more deep breaths before picking up Steve and carrying him over her shoulder. She walked miles until she checked him into a safe hospital.

Karolina walked to the back of a gas station and fell to the ground on her knees, she felt every memory that they pushed back into her head come flooding back. It wasn't the 1900s anymore. Howard was dead. Peggy was older. Steve was alive. Bucky was on the run. She remembered every bullet she shot, every knife she had used to kill, every mission, every single name. All these years, all this blood, she not only lost herself but she forgot just how much had changed. A scream came from the bottom of her lungs that rattled through her bones and echoed down the street.

A few hours later Natasha had found her thanks to Maria and her computer that had access to most surveillance and now that they had a face to the name, could find Karolina.

Karolina had torn off the patches of HYDRA off her uniform and tossed them into the garbage bin next to her. The only light near where she was one of the dim street lights. Natasha slowly walked in front of Karolina's crouched over figure on the pavement. Karolina looked up to see the redhead, "Is he okay?" Natasha nodded, "Yes." Karolina sniffled and looked back down, "Let me guess, the new jail cell with my name got cleaned up?" A silence followed before Karolina saw that Natasha put out her hand. She looked up at her for a moment before she put her hand in hers and got up.

Natasha felt Karolina's cold hand slip into hers and helped her get up as she looked in her eyes, "Well seeing as the entire world has been melting down, I don't think there will be any cells available." Karolina looked over at the streetlight, "So where to now?" Natasha smirked as Karolina shook her head, "I think I prefer to be alone actually." Natasha nudged her as they both walked into the black suv.

Despite such different backstories and perceptions, they both had this indescribable and inexplicable connection. All they had to do was look into each other's eyes to know exactly what they were both thinking. As for what would come, so much was uncertain but there was no other person Karolina would trust more.

A week later.

Natasha had gone to the court.
Fury, Steve, and Sam all met up at the cemetery.

Karolina walked up to Steve after Natasha walked away. He was looking down at the file before he turned to see Karolina.

"Steve."

Steve put the file under his arm, "Kar." She looked at Sam and offered her hand. "Sam," he introduced himself as they shook hands. "Karolina."

She looked at the file. "Going to find him?" Steve nodded."Yeah, want to come with?"

Karolina looked down. "I can't show my face anywhere anytime soon. If I go with you, it will just make things harder for you. Besides... " She touched the side of her forehead. "I have to get checked out. I do know of a few hideouts, I can send them to you."

Steve nodded. "I'll keep in touch..Kar." It had been so long since he had spoken her name.

"You better." She stayed quiet before looking up at his eyes, "I know we've never been the type for hugs, but-

Steve cut her off by pulling her in for a hug. "Take care, alright?" He said into her ear. "You too." This wouldn't be the last time they would see each other. As they pulled away, Karolina gave Sam a quick glance before walking towards Natasha who waited for her.

"Ready to go?"

Karolina looked back at Steve. "Yeah."

A/N: Hi! You made it. This has to be the longest chapter, but I hope you liked it. I'll see you in the next one! Have a great rest of your day, much love.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

22K 717 12
The Black Widow is a legend. Legends aren't made cheap. Shaken by the events of Civil War, Natasha Romanoff goes back to familiar ground to hide. T...
50.5K 1.4K 26
A former Russian spy, Avenger, and Ballerina will have to face her ex-lover, Steve Rogers, on a mission. While Natasha's heart still belongs to him...
24K 910 31
𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍 ❝ I really, really hate you. ❞ the time when a russian spy lands a job at S.H.I.E.L.D...
217K 4.2K 48
A reader x Natasha Romanoff story where the reader is a mutant that Fury wants to be on the Avengers. What happens when she falls for Natasha Romanof...