Accismus⋆౨ৎ˚⟡.• Anakin Skywal...

By LuLuOnFire

Accismus (noun) A form of irony in which someone feigns indifference to something he or she desires// --- #1... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
95.
96.
97.
98.
99.
100.
101.
102.
103.
104.
105.
106.
107.
108.
109.
110.
111.
112.
113.
114.
115.
116.
117.
118.
119.
120.
EPILOGUE.
BLOOPERS

51.

1.5K 43 1
By LuLuOnFire

'Maker, it's freezing!'

Sol bounced from foot to foot in the snow. With her hands buried in the pockets of her light blue coat, her face was reduced to the inner corners of her eyes and the tip of her nose. The fur rim of the coat's hood made it look as if Sol's face was the size of a dessert plate, and that she was growing a white ring of facial hair around her features. Her arms struggled to bend at the puffiness of her coat and her legs were forced to stand straight by the highness of her snow boots. Sol was a star-shaped figure in the layers of white snow and she was grateful to know that Hoth was a mostly uninhabited planet.

'The base will be ready soon, ma'am. We need to put the scanners in, and then we can settle for the evening,' Captain Des informed from beside the Jedi. Glad in his own white winter gear, Des oversaw the installation of their temporary base.

Unlike other missions on livable planets, the party would need to create a place for them to sleep and operate out of the harsh cold. With frequent snowstorms, a camp of flimsy tents would be useless. So, the 336th division got to work on finding a cave which could hold an operating room, sleeping quarters and a place for the ships to be held for the duration of their stay. With the help of Sol and Obi-wan's lightsabers for the melting of stubborn ice, the party would soon be able to take shelter out of the cold winds.

'Arfour, you can't be wandering off. Your circuits will freeze up in this weather,' Obi-wan scolded his droid. Like R2, R4-P17 had a dome top but was a rusty brown with silver plating. The droid was less cautious than her brother and would try to roam the area that was covered in inches of snow. Her beeps were innocent as she replied to the Jedi, and through the blowing winds, R4 begged the man to let her scope out the area for the party.

'I don't care that you're curious. If you're found in an ice cube, we won't be etching you out,' Obi-wan said with a shake of his head. R4 made a sad beep before rolling into the cave where the ice was flat for her wheels to glide over. Watching his droid leave, Obi-wan looked to Sol who continued to bounce around restlessly.

'Do you need another layer?' he questioned.

'No. I just need to get out of this wind,' she replied with a huff of icy mist. Obi-wan was also contained by a large coat and a scarf that was tucked under his collar. With his hood down, the Master's head was bare to the wind that nipped and chilled to the bone. Sol couldn't understand how he could stand the cold and thought how silly she was thinking that Coruscant was dreary during the winter.

Sol was thankful when Captain Des' call for the completion of the base came out from the cave. She hurried inside with Obi-wan close behind and sighed as she took a seat on a stool in the make-shift hanger. The cave was large enough to hover the ships into its hold and the ice had been salted to ensure the 336th legion didn't spend hours sliding around on the slippery surface.

Obi-wan's interceptor was being maintained by a clone that had offered to look into a high-pitched ring that began to sound from its engines. Sol claimed the stool that was used by the mechanic clone, and she let out a sigh of relief at the easing of her leg muscles. She never realised how much a cold wind could eat away at the limbs when exposed for too long.

'You're certainly not built for this weather,' Obi-wan chuckled as Sol threw off her hood.

'Is anyone?'

'Some more than others.'

Clones passed as they began their routines throughout the base. R4 had been pulled into the operations room for her satellite usage and the Jedi were temporarily left alone. They would be required to look at the maps that had been made of the planet, but the rest of the current day was free for them to make some reports to send back to the temple on Coruscant.

'So, general status?' Sol said while her smile grew on her flushed face. Obi-wan returned her smile and put his hands on his hips as he spoke to the woman on the stool.

'Yes. Did it come as a surprise?'

'It did, but I know that the Council are desperate for manpower,' Sol shrugged to appear nonchalant. 'It only makes sense. We're the head of the Republic now.'

'It does appear that way. But give yourself some credit, Sol. You and Anakin have stepped up immensely. You might even get a Padawan, soon-' 

'Don't wish for that, Master Kenobi. If I find out you've put forward for a student, I'll have a lot to say about you to Master Yoda next time I see him.'

Obi-wan threw his head back with a laugh. His voice echoed throughout the icy cave and Sol found it contagious. She shook her head with fits of giggles, and she was glad to see the man's face so full of smiles and with wrinkled eyes. Sol knew that Obi-wan held a front around the Order, and was seen as the understanding Master on the Council. He was always kind to those he met and to those he had known for years. But because of his position amongst those like Master Windu and Master Yoda, Obi-wan had to remain professional, meaning genuine laughter was scarce from the Kenobi's bearded lips. It isn't until Obi-wan is seen with Sol and Anakin, that there is a wide smile on his face, and the sound of laughter can be heard from him. 

'I can't promise that Master Yoda won't put you forward himself,' Obi-wan said after his fit of laughter. 'He still thinks very highly of you, you know.'

'I haven't spoken to Master Yoda in months. If he does think highly of me, I don't ever hear about it...'

Sol looked away from Obi-wan and stared at the toolbox that the mechanic clone was working from. She had been wrapped up in the war and with the Satele Shan investigation, that Sol hadn't had the time to think about her old Master. Once she became a Knight, Sol was thrown into leading the 336th with Captain Des by her side. She only made it through with the help of Obi-wan and Anakin, who were in the same boat. The clone wars were sprung upon them by the Galactic Republic who begged for protection, so Sol's Padawan days were long forgotten. 

'Sometimes praise doesn't have to be shown, Sol. He is Grand Master, after all, and his gratitude is shown through the next mission he assigns you. And he's given you some hard ones, hasn't he?'

'I suppose,' Sol mumbled. 'But when I see you and Anakin, I wonder how much I missed with Master Yoda as my teacher...'

'What do you mean?'

Sol sighed and stood up from the stool. She stepped out of the way as the clone finished with Obi-wan's ship and gathered up his toolbox. This gave Sol something to stare at and avoid the Jedi Master's inquisitive look. While the clatter of tools filled the icy hanger, it wasn't long until the clone left the scene and Sol had no choice but to look at Obi-wan. She didn't want to elaborate on her statement, but she had already put herself in the hole that will be painful to climb out of.

'Just... when I see you and Anakin in the field together, or even at dinner together, I see how much he trusts you. Even though you're not his Master anymore, he still sees you as a friend. You're on missions together and you work well together. I just wish... Master Yoda was more of a friend to me since he was barely my Master...' 

Obi-wan saw the woman he spoke to on the balcony of Senator Amidala's apartment. He remembered how Sol was conflicted with her relationship with her Master, and how she was desperate for some guidance and for an opportunity off Coruscant. Obi-wan had seen her fly off on missions and take on armies with complete control of the Force around her. She was confident and Master Yoda's techniques had turned Sol into a powerful Jedi. But even now, she yearned for some recognition. She yearned for Master Yoda's approval and he has never been around to provide it.

'Sol, I-' 

'Don't worry about it, Obi-wan. It's silly. We have a mission to complete, and I have so much on my mind already, that I don't want to-'

'Well, you won't be contacting Satele Shan from Hoth, will you? So-' Obi-wan grabbed the stool that Sol had been on and settled down for a long talk. '-let's talk. Because the one thing this is not, is silly.' 

Sol's jaw dropped and she felt her blood run as cold as the weather. If anyone looked into the Force, they would see the edges of Sol's signature turn blue from the drop in Sol's heartrate. When she felt the dryness in her mouth, she forced her jaw to close and swallow the sharpness in a painful gulp. Obi-wan had said a name that she hoped she would be able to keep a secret. But as he stared up at her from the stool, he held an awaiting look with the absence of shock and disappointment that she thought she would see.

'How did you...' Sol couldn't finish.

'Don't blame Ahsoka or Revan, because they didn't speak a word. But they're very careless with those history books. Ahsoka circled the name 'Shan' on every page, so I put two and two together after putting away enough of their books in the library,' Obi-wan said. 'But come now, Sol. Pull up a stool, and let's talk about Grand Master Yoda.'

--- 

'Where are you two going?'

Anakin stopped the two Jedi that passed his table while deep in a conversation. Without his usual bench partner, Anakin was sat on his lonesome with a bowl of oatmeal and a protein pouch on his tray. He ate in silence, already missing Sol's presence at breakfast, but caught sight of his Padawan and another Jedi Knight leaving the cafeteria together. Their heads were ducked in a whisper, making him curious, and he twisted his seat to face the two who he had never seen in a pair before.

'Training, Master,' Ahsoka said from beside Revan Shan. 'We're going to the sparring courtyard.'

'And you are?' Anakin's intimidating gaze switched to the man next to Ahsoka.

'Revan Shan, sir,' the dark-haired Knight perked up and made sure to keep his greeting professional.

'Right...'

Revan had heard about Anakin Skywalker from gossiping Padawans and was yet to have the pleasure of meeting him in person. He was intense with his blue eyes and stern stare, but he was an infamous Jedi throughout the Order, and Revan was amazed to hear that Ahsoka Tano, his longtime friend, had become his Padawan. Just like the rumours, Anakin's right arm was gloved, concealing the robotic limb that he had lost in a duel with the Sith Lord, Count Dooku. Revan made sure not to stare and shrunk behind Ahsoka as she lied about their true plans to her Master. 

'I want you to meet me at the conference room at midday. Whatever you're doing, I want it done by then. Okay, Snips?' Anakin instructed and Ahsoka nodded with a forced smile.

'Of course. Anything for you, Master.'

With a roll of the eyes, Anakin turned back to his breakfast and Ahsoka took the opportunity to lead Revan out of the cafeteria. Their steps were quick, and Revan was relieved to be away from the Skywalker, whose Force signature could be felt even in the hall outside. With the unlikely pair gone, Anakin wanted to continue wallowing in Sol's absence, until he was disturbed once more.

'Excuse me, Master Skywalker?' 

A sickly-sweet voice made his gaze drag through the table and up to its owner. Stood with her hands cupped together against her chest, a female Padawan waited with a wide smile on her face. She appeared to be buzzing with excitement and her long blonde hair cascaded over her shoulders; styled and placed perfectly for her first interaction with the handsome Jedi. Anakin raised an eyebrow at the young woman, wishing that someone else would be stood with a wide smile on her round face and with a sparkle in her bright purple eyes.

'I'm not a Master,' was the only thing he said. 

'Oh, but you have a Padawan, so I thought you should be referred to as one,' Anakin hated the way her eyelashes fluttered over her dull, grey eyes. 'I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm-'

'Your hair should have a braid,' Anakin cut her off and stood from the table. He didn't bother to glance at her as he gathered his tray and slid off the bench, forcing the blonde to shuffle out of the way. The smile that once stretched her face was gone, leaving a hanging jaw and wide eyes at the man's lack of interest.

'B-But Tano doesn't have a braid-' 

'She has three tendrils that are attached to her head. A braid would hurt. Yours, on the other hand, is not fit for battle.'

Left in shock and shame, the female Padawan watched as Anakin turned away from her with a roll of his dreamy eyes. He hadn't so much as looked at her and he left the cafeteria in a quick stride to get away from the conversation. She couldn't even get a word out before the doors closed behind Anakin, and her attempt at wooing him had fallen pathetically flat. With a hanging head, the Padawan returned to her table where her friends cooed over her in sympathy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 112 27
"But, I don't want to fight your power. I wanna fight you. Just you" he says "So just me, no powers?" "Yes. I just want you" "I knew you wanted me, S...
7.3K 151 5
you and anakin reunite as friends after 13 years of being separated by a tiring war. But your friendship with him isn't as friendly as you'd expected...
23K 745 55
Anakin Skywalker and Obi-wan Kenobi have tried their best to fight against the forces in the clone wars and things are changing, people are changing...
761 26 7
For a moment, Anakin lets his worries slip away and loses himself in the legend of Darth Plagueis. But the Sith's death means the death of the knowle...