Crossing the Bridge of Time

By kamanderica

Thalia isn't the kind of girl with a best friend, or friends for that matter. But when a mysterious girl name... More

Crossing the Bridge of Time
Chapter one: Friends
Chapter Two: The Great Escape
Chapter Three: Oh the Places You'll Go
Chapter Four: The lost is Found
Chapter Five: Surprise!
Chapter Six: Names, News, and Plans
Chapter Seven: Dates and Drama
Chapter Eight: Thinking about you, a Date, and a Blackout
Chapter Nine: Make ups and New People
Chapter Ten: Betrayal, Birthday, and Bad Days
Chapter Twelve: Old Friend
Chapter Thirteen: More for Us

Chapter Eleven: Are we together?

32 3 1
By kamanderica

{Edited}

___

I swung my necklace around as eyed the three envelopes on the table. I sat nervously in my chair waiting for my mother to come home.

"There are here." I said in the most causal voice I could muster.

"Really?" My mother said her face turning to a grin.

She grabbed the envelopes and placed them closer to me.

I picked up the first one flipped it around and Portland University was printed on the corner.

I let out a deep sigh and stuck my fingers into the side. Before pulling out the paper I peeked over at my mother. She saw me and gave me a hopeful grin.

"Dear Thalia Ann Young." I read out loud, " We are pleased to tell you you have been accepted to our university."

I dropped the letter and hugged my mother. A small tear rolled down her face.

"You have two more." My mother said.

I read the next letter, Boise State.

I skipped to the part that mattered.  

"You have not been accepted." I said.

"That's alright, there's two more" My mother said.

Picked up the very last letter. The one I had waited for, Stanford University. I had wanted to go to Stanford ever since I first  visited the campus when I was little with my dad. He had to go and meet a fellow professor  from a different college there. I remember the huge beautiful campus and the numerous buildings.

Ever since I had started applying to colleges, I  knew that Stanford was my  number one choice, but at the same time I new that there was only a five percent chance of me even getting  in. I mentally crossed my fingers as I tore into the white envelope.

I unfolded the letter and skipped to the most important part.

"You have been accepted!" I squealed.

"Congratulations." My mother said, happiness evident in her tone.

-------- 

I called Aiden and told her the news. She was happy for me but I could hear the edge of sadness in her voice. I would miss her too. After all she was the only best friend I had ever had.

Next was Bryce. The same reaction came thought the phone.

The phone was silent for a second

"So." Bryce said. "Are we together?"

" Hmm, let me think, yes." I said

Our conversation continued but all that was on my mind was I had a boy friend, I had a best friend, and I was going to collage.

I dialed Aiden's number again. I told her the new news

"Wow, today's your day." She said.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." 

--------  

I smiled as I sat in my bed looking at my ceiling. Today was my day.

------ 

So yeah. Collage that's big. Sorry this is so short.

Originally by Kameron, edited by Erica.

Message from Erica: This was originally only 300 words, so there was no way I could really get this one up to 1000 plus words. Sorry it was short, but it was a needed  'filler chapter. Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 2.5K 30
Thalia Anagnos-Loukanis A 14-year-old girl who has not only struggled to fit in at school but with the people that should have loved her; her family...
103K 3.9K 38
"I'll always be here, till the end of the world." When Maya Walker finds nothing to do one fine summer day, she finds no other solution but to hang o...
Stolen! (EDITING) By Madhura

Mystery / Thriller

36.4K 3.1K 30
HIGHEST RATING, YET: #5- MYSTERY/THRILLER Have you ever wondered about the life after death? A twenty-two year old girl, who is dead for the world...
1.6K 40 30
Aiden Kingston and Rhea Singh Williams have been best friends for 10 years. Both of them have each other through thick and thin. They even promised e...