Ties And Fate (Book 1)✔️

By NunenaClarke

Wang Linxue transmigrated into a novel and becomes the villanous second female lead of a wealthy family. In t... More

Chapter I.
Chapter II (Arc 1).
Chapter III.
Chapter IV.
Chapter V.
Chapter VI.
Chapter VII.
Chapter VIII.
Chapter IX.
Chapter X.
Chapter XI.
Chapter XII.
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII (End of Arc)
Chapter XIX (Arc 2)
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Important news!!!
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII( End of Arc)
Very Important News!!!

Chapter XLVIII

1.5K 30 1
By NunenaClarke

" Is there a problem here Young Master?"

' Young Master? Had she messed with some pompous rich brat. Oh sh*t!'

" It's nothing." His eyes didn't leave the girl in front of him soaked with brown coffee. His eyes moved from his face towards her uniform.

Wang Linxue noticing that the ' Young Master' beside her had gone quiet so she turned to him and he raised his eyes from her shirt to her face a bit alarmed before scowling.

The woman in the business suit who had her pinned on top of her head and had a strict aura stood silently with them trying to assess the tension here. " If there is nothing at all then I'll take my leave. You..." She pointed at the soaked student who had a annoyed expression.

"Are you the one the receptionist sent up?" Her eyes zoomed into the large stain on her shirt.

" Yes ma'am." Nodding, she looked at her shirt as well. It was ruined and looked like an off brown shirt at the front now.

" Meet me in my office after you sort out your issue with your shirt." She pointed her manicured hand at the shirt. Something said she despised the brown stain so much it had to be out of her sight.

" Excuse me." She said more to the person beside Wang Linxue than to Wang Linxue herself before she re entered the office her heels clacking on the cold marble floor.

" Hmph!" Wang Linxue quickly swerved the opposite direction looking for the nearest washroom so she could sort her shirt out. Like it could do anything.

After a few turns ,she found a washroom quickly and stood by the sink trying to wash of the nasty stain. she opened up the shirt, her bra peeking out.

She scooped up some water and splashed it on her shirt and picked up a tissue from the side and wiped it  across.

Doing so for a few minutes did nothing and she thought of going downstairs to borrow Shen Hui's shirt or something.

The washroom door opened up and she contemplated on asking the person who came in for advice.

" Excuse me. Do you know how to ....hey!" Clutching her shirt desperately, the boy in front of her stood behind her with a raised brow.

" You, what are you doing in here? Are you a pervert as well?!,"

" I am not!...." His seethed. No one had scolded him like this before. No one dare to and yet this...this....girl. He breathed out so as to not to lose his temper.

" Here." He threw his dark hoodie on top of her head.

" I don't want this hoodie anymore so take it. Dispose of it for me, whatever, I don't care." He stood there shifting his weight before storming out awkwardly.

Wang Linxue examined the hoodie then door where the boy came from, then back.

Ok?

Was she supposed to wear the hoodie? She couldn't. But it was an emergency.

After placing the hoodie down by the sink,she wet her hand again and swiped at the stain again and again. The dull brown colour stuck to her dress like glue. It wasn't coming oo with only water so she had no choice.

She looked at the hoodie sitting by the sink and groaned inwardly.

****************************

" So you are Milk Peach right? Your videos have a lot of views and likes for a reason. Can you share it with me? "The lady steepled her fingers together and placed her chin on it.

" I don't really know actually. I started doing the videos, when a friend of mine asked me why my skin was so good and she introduced me to the site. That's how it started. I don't do anything remotely unique but somehow, I'm highly rated." She shrugged but the hoodie on her came of a shoulder so she tightened the string at the collar.

" I see. You are clueless. "

' What?!"

"Well, my suggestion is that a lot of factors come to play that somewhat makes you stand out even if you don't mean to." She glanced at the hoodie before returning back to her face.

' Ok, is there a problem because you've been staring at this hoodie for a while now lady. If you see something ,say something!' Wang Linxue smiled as she nodded in agreement.

" So why did you call me here?" Wang asked not wanting to drag things out, she still felt sticky and felt the need for a shower.

" As I said earlier, you stand out even if you don't mean to and my boss was thinking of hiring new talents, that is, actors, singers, pop groups, models,artiste, what have you and wants to groom them in the company. You were chosen as well. As part of the acting group."

" Wait, really?" Wang Linxue couldn't believe it. Anyone could see, SR company was going to be big and they were already starting to incorporate themselves by training new talents since they were just budding company that was already successful. This would be a wonderful opportunity for Wang Linxue, except,

" Thank you for the opportunity. But I don't want that kind of pass. I'm more of a behind the scenes kind of person so I have to politely refuse." She clasped her hand on her lap, criss crossing her thighs covered with her school skirt. The room was air conditioned in this cold weather so her legs were littered in goosebumps.

" What? You have a chance to better yourself and you don't want it?"

" I don't want to be famous. It comes with a lot of hassle and I rather avoid that space. But if you put me away from the spotlight, I'd be happy to do that."

Wang Linxue knows or at least has read about the dark side to fame. While you'd be adored by many, you'd also have a lot enemies. Your privacy would almost not be yours anymore and normal things like going out to buy stuff on the street would seem like a luxury due to how well known you would be.

Not saying, she would become popular if became an actress because the process of training takes a while and you may not necessarily make it and you'd have wasted years of your life.

For her, it wasn't worth the risk. Even if the company supported her not everyone assigned to a company made it. Only lucky ones did. And she wasn't one to bet her future on luck. Not anymore.

"I don't understand. You're going to give up the opportunity so you could be at the backstage?"

" I'm sure." She affirmed confidently.

" What a waste." She scoffed at Wang Linxue before she picked up piece of paper and tore it.

' Dramatic much?'

" Fine. I'll have to speak to my boss about you. Almost all recruits agreed to this package or at least said they would think about it. But you.... Very well. I will call you when there is anything."

" Thank you so much!"

" Mm."

When Wang Linxue closed the door behind her ,the lady took a file and looked through. It had all of Wang Linxue's family background and other information on it. She scanned it thoroughly for a few minutes.

This girl was specifically handpicked by the boss so she expected her to show interest. Surprised at what she is seeing , she read till the end of the report. After reading the report she thought back to girl who just left.

Wang Linxue was a striking young lady with a milk peach skin tone , no wonder her profile name was so accurate. Her features were delicate and refined, with high cheekbones and full lips that were perfectly balanced against the wide expanse of her forehead.

Despite her large forehead, Wang Linxue was undeniably charming, with a natural grace and poise that drew the eye.

Her eyes were dark, with a subtle almond shape that lent her a colourful, and they seemed to sparkle with an inner light that was impossible to resist.

Despite her obvious beauty, there was something approachable and down-to-earth about Wang Linxue, a warmth that seemed to radiate from within. It was as if she knew just how to use her natural charms to put others at ease, to make them feel welcome.

But she at the same it was like she didn't know what she was doing.

Overall, Wang Linxue was a study in contrasts, with a striking appearance that was both elegant and approachable, and a personality that was both confident and caring. It was no wonder that she had caught the eye of her boss and that she was held in such high regard by those who knew her or saw her.

" What a waste." She muttered to herself rubbing her temples. She still had a lot of work to do.

After leaving the office, the coffee guy was standing around the corner as if he was waiting for someone.

'Good that she has seen him again.'

" Hey!"

His eyes widened alarmed before he frowned.

'' What?" He seemed impatient though he stood there doing nothing.

The feeling was mutual.

" I hope we never cross paths again." Wang Linxue scowled but he said nothing so she softened her voice.

" Thank you for the hoodie, though it's your fault I ruined my shirt but thank you anyway."

His eyes shifted between hers for a moment,  for a moment when he met her grateful dark eyes before he scoffed,
" Sure whatever."

" You never told me your name though."

" Why would you need my name if you wish to never cross paths again?"

Wang Linxue didn't know either but she just wanted to associate a name with his stupid face that ruined her shirt . She was probably going to forget anyways.

" Bye then. " Not waiting for a reply, she left the floor leaving the coffee boy in a resentful mood behind. He was ignored again.

Taking the stairs so she could move around and heat up her legs, she finally reached the lobby where Shen Hui sat with some snacks in hand. The receptionist had a book covering his face so she couldn't see his face clearly.

" Thanks by the way." Shen Hui said as she got up, seeing Wang Linxue heading towards her.

" Let's go."

" Thanks for escorting me." Wang Linxue was really grateful she agreed to come. Chi Minxia seemed very busy nowadays for some reason and she would ask her later about it.
As for Long Yue, she would have been Wang Linxue's first choice but ,now she was still hesitant after everything.

" Of course. Cousin doesn't want you to be bullied so I'll take care of you myself. Besides, you could become part of family real soon so I'll start now. Don't overthink my kindness." Shen Hui rolled her eyes but her real thoughts could be clearly seen by her actions.

They both got out of the building and headed towards the car park since it was getting late.

*************************

The first signs of winter were subtle, almost imperceptible at first. The air grew colder, the leaves on the trees began to turn shades of red and gold, and the sky took on a deeper, more ominous shade of gray.

As the days grew shorter and the nights longer, the chill in the air became more pronounced.

" Close the window will you, I'm freezing." Shen Hui hollered at Chi Minxia who sheepishly grinned.

" Sorry . I just thought I saw snow. The sight of the first snow can be so beautiful. According to my mother, if a couple sees the first snow together their relationship last for a lifetime." Chi Minxia quoted.

" That is just crap."Shen Hui dismissed.

Wang Linxue was picking out some pastries she baked out of the oven while Long Yue prepared the hot drinks.

They were about to watch a movie that recently came out. Having a short break because of the school competition that was about to go on they decided to take a break at Wang Linxue's house and chill.

" Then some of us should not be here. Some of us should be snuggled under the arms of our lavender body pillows."  Chi Minxia teased.

" Minxia. If you open your mouth again ,I will stuff it cookies. But knowing you, you'd probably enjoy it." Wang Linxue muttered out the last part.

" Haha. Good one Minxia." Long Yue winked. Setting down the hot drinks.

" Would you guys shut up?" Wang Linxue blushed. She should have never told them that piece of information.

" Why didn't you go to your boyfriend Minxia? Wanna horde on the food here instead?" Wang Linxue retorted back.

" Wait, since when did Minxia have a boyfriend?" Long Yue couldn't hide the surprise in her voices.

" Oh, I didn't tell you?" Chi Minxia fidgets in her seat nervously.

" You didn't know? Even I know." Shen Hui smirked in contempt laying against the couch.

Long Yue laughed a bit forcefully, ''Ah, it probably slipped your mind. So who is it?"

" Cheng Qi."

" Huh?! Class President. What...how, when? How could the he even like you?" Long Yue regretted saying the last part the moment it tumbled out.

Chi Minxia lowered her head," You know what, you're right. I know I'm not pretty or smart like you or Linxue. Compared to you, I'm just your average girl."

Long Yue pleaded feeling guilty, " Minxia, I'm sorry. It didn't come out...."

" But for once a guy doesn't ignore me  and actually likes me instead of you or Linxue. Me! The dumb one right? I don't care what you think. At least I didn't leave my friend to fend for herself when she actually needed me." She delivered the last part with a resentful sneer.

Long Yue sat back down on the couch her fingers trembling.
' Why did everyone think she was awful after one mistake she made?'

" I'm sorry Yue, I didn't mean it." Chi Minxia apologized after a moment, regretting her earlier statement. She had bottled up a lot and unknowingly released it.

Wang Linxue stood at the side watching everything with a keen and perplexed eye. Chi Minxia and Long Yue fighting? That was something she never thought would happen. They usually mock fought but they never truly did. These two were closer to each other than she ever was to any of them.

But alas.

" So what's your story?" Shen Hui asked Chen Hui from the side almost nonchalantly.

Breaking the tense atmosphere, Chi Minxia smiled,

'' It is really weird actually. He asked for help almost like it was accidental. Knowing my luck, it probably was. I first thought it was about Linxue but he then told me he wanted to avoid that Fu princess, Fu Shiyun because he didn't want to be associated with her after he finished tutoring her."

" Fu Shiyun? What does associated with her even mean?"

" She has a crush on him and he doesn't feel the same.  So we pretended to fake date for a while. Sometimes, I'd go with him to her tutoring lesson so she'd get the message. But we kinda caught feelings for each other as a result. Even I wasn't sure if he even liked me." Chi Minxia lowered her eyes towards to piping hot drinks on the coffee table reminiscing.

" Wow, that is so sweet. So who confessed to who first?" Wang Linxue sat beside Long Yue who had her head lowered the entire time.

" Actually, I did. I don't want any regrets so I took a chance and he said he likes me back."

" That's great Minxia, I am happy for you." Long Yue finally acknowledged, all negative emotions wiped from her face it was almost surreal.

" Thank you, Yue. "

" Ok, let's watch this movie shall we."The four girls fit onto the single couch with a large blanket covering them as one. The couch was cozy and  how they managed to cramp in it was a mystery. The girls watched the movie excitedly , even Shen Hui hollered at times when something happened.

Even in this relaxed atmosphere, one of them had changed sides and no longer part of the group.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 110K 138
Ye Zexi transmigrated as the big villain in a danmei novel, who shares the same name as him. Then, he found out that everyone regards him as an imagi...
385K 15.2K 56
Male lead, why do you propose to the villain and not the heroine!? Having the strongest man in the empire as father, the most beautiful woman as mot...
121K 7.8K 28
A good friend asked me to write a story in which some aspects of his life appear. Meaning, although this is a fan fiction and has nothing to do with...
902K 24.7K 43
Being a modern free spirited girl, Gongsun Li couldn't accept her fate as a cannon fodder concubine when she found herself transmigrate into her favo...