Mentality.

By Bhettiboop

One day, Zonnique goes to a wild spring break party. The next day, she wakes up inside of a mental home. Her... More

Chapter 2 - "Get situated!"
Chapter 3 - One Way Ticket.
Chapter 4 - The Beast Within.
Chapter 5 - "Your Honor."
Chapter 6 - Monster.
Chapter 7 - Playing with Fire.
Chapter 8 - Departure.
Chapter 9 - Hailstorm.
Chapter 10 - Sarrogate Parents.
Chapter 11 - "Who Daddy is."
Chapter 12 - Transformer.
Chapter 13 - Off Safety.
Chapter 14 - Skeletons.
Chapter 15 - Rep.
Chapter 16 - Homebound.
Chapter 17 - Cornered.
Chapter 18 - "Let's Bail."
Chapter 19 - True Colors.
Chapter 20 - Adam and Eve.
Chapter 21 - Crossed.
Chapter 22 - "I'm sorry."
Chapter 23 - Newbies!
Chapter 24 - I'll be there.
Chapter 25 - Three of a Kind.
Chapter 26 - Pause.
Chapter 27 - Down N' Dirty.
Chapter 28 - Round 1.
Chapter 29 - A Little Rushed.
Chapter 30 - Killer Instincts.
Chapter 31 - Round 2.
Chapter 32 - Round 3.
Chapter 33 - "You Lose."
Chapter 34 - Final Round. **FINALE**
Chapter 35 - Wedlock.
Chapter 36 - Breakthrough.
Chapter 37 - "Chres....?"
Chapter 38 - Set It Off. [Part 1.]
Chapter 39 - Set It Off. [Part 2.]
Chapter 40 - Child Play.
Chapter 41 - Race.
Chapter 42 - 2 Down.
Chapter 43 - Boomerang.
Chapter 44 - Keepsake.
Chapter 45 - Crashing Down.
Chapter 46 - Hormones.
Chapter 47 - Persuasion.
Chapter 48 - Cut The Top Off.
Chapter 49 - Will.
Chapter 50 - First Time.
Chapter 51 - Shows Over.
Chapter 52 - Fathers Will. **FINALE**
Epilogue.
ATTENTION!

Chapter 1 - Suicidal.

127K 1.1K 251
By Bhettiboop

"Holy shit!" A high school boy said in shock as he looked up at his older brother. "What do we do? She's unconscious on the floor!"

"The police will totally tell our parents about the party that we had!" The older brother said. "We gotta cover this shit up!"

It was just another wild spring break party for high school students that went wrong. The house was destroyed, there were cups all over the place, and the speakers were tipped over. The two brothers were forced to clean up the mess before anyone suspected a sign of the party. After doing 45 minutes of cleaning, the girl was still on the bathroom floor, unconscious. The boys looked inside if the bathroom then looked back at each other in a shocked way.

"Bro, she's still knocked out?" The older brother said. "What are we gonna do?"

"Fuck!" The younger brother said. "Mom will be here any minute!"

"I have an idea." The older brother said.

The older brother grabbed a large bottle of aspirin and scattered the pills all over the floor. He took three pills and placed it under her tongue, then walked out of the room with his brother. He grabbed his cell phone and dialed 911.

"What are you doing?" The younger brother asked.

"Shhh."

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Hello operator?" The older brother said. "I've called to report a probable suicide."

Meanwhile, there was another epidemic happening around the corner. An epidemic, that would lead 2 people to the same place.

"What up, bitches?" A 5'3 girl cheered as she walked into a local liquor store.

"What the hell?" A Chinese woman said as she stared at the girl and walked back a little. "They let you out of that psych ward?"

"Why so glum, Mary?" The girl laughed as she walked down the front of the isle, looking at the candy.

"Did they let you out?" The Chinese woman asked in a louder tone.

The girl ignored her. She continued to trail down the isles of the gas station, snatching up everything she could in the isle. But when the girl looked back up at the counter, she seen the Chinese woman dialing a number in her phone.

"What are you doing?" The girl asked as she dropped all of her things.

"Hello? Police? She's out of the mental hospit-"

"Put the phone down!" The girl shouted as she pointed a gun at the Chinese woman.

"Put the gun down!" The Chinese woman shouted back.

"Is she armed?" The operator said on the other line.

Suddenly, a gunshot erupted and the phone was shattered into pieces. The girl jumped up on the counter and held a gun to the Chinese lady while the woman shrieked in fear.

"Don't shoot!" The Chinese woman cried.

"I am not going back there, do you understand me?" The girl shouted

In an instant, the police appeared through the door with their guns. The nurses from her mental home also ran inside and pointed her out, indicating that they knew her.

"That's her!" The nurse shouted.

"Put the gun down!" The officer shouted.

"No! I'm not going back!" The girl screamed in a hoarse tone.

In a small hidden area, the other nurse handed another officer the tranquilizer gun they used in the mental hospital when people got out of line. He peeked over the top and shot the girl in the neck with it, watching her fall over in the process. The girl went from kicking and screaming when officers pursued her, to falling asleep in seconds. The officers carried her out of the liquor store and placed her inside of the nurses car as the nurse looked up at the officers.

"This is the 3rd time of the week, Mrs. Lacey." The officer with the tranquilizer gun snarled.

"It won't happen again.." The nurse mumbled.

"Yeah, that's what you said the last three times as well!" An officer from afar said out loud as he hopped inside of his car.

The nurse watched the police car drive out of the small parking lot. She sighed then looked over at the other nurse, who was also shaking her head.

"We need to start using stronger drugs." The nurse said in a low tone as she lowered herself into the car. "Let's go."

The next morning, the mental hospital was about to get a new guest. And this guest was the girl from the party.

"Mom, I didn't try to kill myself!" The girl shouted.

"Sweety, we just want you to stay here until you get better." The girls father said in a low tone.

"If you guys knew me, you would know that I'm not suicidal!" The girl yelled. "I mean, what the fuck guys?"

"Watch your language, Zonnique!" The mother said as she looked at her.

"Oh my goodness..." Zonnique mumbled as she folded her arms and slumped back into her seat.

"Look, you're just going to be in here for a couple of months-"

"A couple of months?!" Zonnique shouted. "What the hell is this??"

"We're here..." Zonnique's father said as they pulled up to a wide building.

When Zonnique looked outside, she seen a black nurse with a small afro, standing outside and smiling. She was waiting for them to arrive the previous night, but they postponed. Zonnique along with her parents stepped outside of the car as her father opened the trunk and grabbed her 3 large suitcases.

"Are you guys the Pullins family?" The nurse asked as she walked up to us.

"Yes!" They both cheered as they held their hands out to her, shaking her hand.

"I'm Amira Miner, but people in here call me Mrs. Miner." The nurse cheered. "You guys will have to fill out this slip telling me why your daughter is here so I can tell what part of the mental home I can assist her to."

"Okie dokie."

Zonnique's mother filled out the form on the trunk of the car for 2 minutes, then handed the slip back to the nurse. The nurse smiled and folded up the slip to fit in her dress pocket, then looked at Zonnique. Zonnique's parents looked at her, then put faint smiles on their faces.

"We'll see you later, okay?" Both of her parents said.

"Where's my room?" Zonnique growled as she grabbed her suitcases, then rolled them towards the door.

Zonnique walked inside of the mental home. It was way more beautiful than she pictured it. There was a sign in place right near the front door, and a large living room on the right. There was a boy with curly hair rocking back and forth on the carpet, and another boy who appeared just as normal. The boys turned and started staring at her, when the nurse came in and walked next to her.

"So, would you like me to show you to your room?" Mrs. Miner said.

"Sure."

"I'll show you around the rest of the place tomorrow." Mrs. Miner nodded. "Follow me."

Mrs. Miner walked Zonnique to her room that she was staying in, that was smack dab in the middle of the halls. She walked inside, and seen a girl sitting inside, reading a book. The girl was dangerously skinny. You could see her bones appearing out of her front and back. Her head was small, so it didn't look funny on her scrawny body. The girl looked up at Zonnique as she placed her suitcases on the side of her bed. Zonnique sighed and sat down on the bed as Mrs. Miner placed pills on both of their beds.

"What's this?" Zonnique asked.

"These are the pills that you'll be taking so that we can assure that you remain sain-"

"No no no. I don't think so." Zonnique said as she shook her head. "I don't need that. I'm not crazy."

"Sorry, it's under the mental home contract." Mrs. Miner said as she turned her head to the other girl. "And you, Mrs. Lee, have to eat your dinner from last night."

"I'm not hungry.." The girl said in a low tone as she continued to read.

"You haven't ate for two days, Kiloni." The nurse growled. "You're going to eat, or we'll put you in the responsibility room."

"Okay fine!" Kiloni screamed as she slammed her book down onto the ground. "Whatever!"

"I'll be back." Mrs. Miner said as she stepped out of the room, closing the door.

Zonnique glanced at the girl for a while, then got herself situated. She took a few of her shirts out of her suitcase. Kiloni sat up in her bed and placed her hand out to her.

"I'm Kiloni." The scrawny girl said.

"Zonnique." She responded in a low tone. "Say, are there some crazy people in here?"

"Oh, you have no clue." Kiloni responded. "There's a boy in here who thinks that there are demons, dragons, and monsters in here. Haha."

"Oh my goodness." Zonnique said in a stressed tone as she closed her eyes.

"Want me to show you their rooms?" Kiloni asked.

"Sure. I don't mind." Zonnique shrugged as she stood up and made her way out of the room.

The doors inside of the hallway were about 10 feet apart. Kiloni walked all the way to the front with Zonnique, then stopped suddenly.

"Okay. We're going to start here." Kiloni said as she walked to the first door and pointed inside.

"Who's room is this?" Zonnique asked.

"This room is Craig's and Rayan's." Kiloni said. "Craig has severe bipolar disorder, and Rayan has a bad case of OCD. Between the two, I don't know who's the craziest. Rayan walks around touching corners of doors, tables, rooms, and other things. Craig will be happy one second, then he'll be jumping off of beds the next second. He's almost mental."

"Seriously?" Zonnique said.

"Yes. And this next room over here, is Bahja and Babydoll's. We call her Babydoll because she acts like an infant." Kiloni laughed. "Babydoll has severe depression, and she has to have a camera placed inside of her room because she's always trying to kill herself. What a crazy bitch!"

"Oh man!"

"And after this room, is Chresanto's room. We call him 'Roc'." Kiloni said. "Chresanto's anger issues are so bad, that nobody was allowed to room with him. If you glance inside of his room, you'll notice that there's holes punched all inside of his room. His dressers are broken, his tv is broken, and his hands are badly marked up. You'll be considered lucky if you get him to say a word to you. He doesn't talk, either."

"Oh wow!"

"And this last room, belongs to Abby. Abby, Abby, Abby. Her room has to be placed by the "strap down" room because she's just THAT crazy." Kiloni said. "She has this psychotic disorder, and she is a heartless bitch. She'll flip out on you, grab a weapon, and do all of this other shit. She attacks the nurses at time, which is why she's always in the strap down room. They always have to inject her ass with sleep medicine to calm her down. She tried to sneak out last night."

"Wait, why are you in here?" Zonnique asked to Kiloni.

"They say that I have a "binge" disorder, which I don't." Kiloni lied, being in denial about her weight. "I think that I'm the perfect weight. They're just in denial. They WISH that they looked like me."

Zonnique looked in the room, and seen Abby strapped down to the bed, fast asleep. Looking at that, she knew that it would be a long day. When it hit night time, all of the people inside of the mental hospital to go to bed. You could choose to stay up if you wanted, but you had to stay inside of the room for 8 hours. If caught, you'd be put inside of the psych-ward room. Of course, Zonnique couldn't sleep. She wasn't in her own bed. She was sleeping in someone else's bed who'd left before.

"THE MONSTERS!!!"

Zonnique jumped out of her bed, only to hear Jacob screaming next door. He was shrieking because he thought that he heard the "demons" and "monsters" under the floor. Next door, they heard the nurses calming him down and whispering "the monsters are gone, Jacob." "But, but, I saw them." Jacob whispered back to the nurse. The room went silent for a second, then the nurses walked out with a long needle. They'd injected Jacob with sleep medicine, indicating that he was going off the wall. Zonnique ran her fingers through her hair, then laid out on the bed with a worried look on her face.

"I can't believe I'm going to be staying in this place." Zonnique whispered. "With these crazy ass people......."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4 0 14
Jane had been living in a psychiatric hospital since the age of 12 after her mother died. She doesn't believe she's supposed to be there, and tries t...
33.8K 652 62
Her whole live was a mess ,all 12 years of it why? well she never knew when her next meal was, never knew if she would have a roof over her head ,a...
Heal. By G

Romance

2.4K 124 27
[COMPLETED] ------------------------------------------------------------ *We're all mad here* ...