That Voice Actor's Voice

By polaris_epsilon

Embark on a rollercoaster ride of workplace drama, hidden secrets, and unexpected friendships in "Ordinary Ec... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99

Chapter 88

1 0 0
By polaris_epsilon

The other two models have arrived at the studio in time for the group photoshoot. Shortly, Eliana followed.

Eliana ran towards me and told me that we have matching clothes and it's a first for her to wear a rebellious clothes.

"It suits you very well," I said.

She smiled but shortly she changed her expression with nervousness.

"About this photoshoot... do you think I'll be able to pull this off ? " she said.

I reassured her that she can pull it off and told her to have fun with everything that will happen today.

I noticed two staff were carrying a heavy box going to our direction behind her. The box is quite tall in height so the two staff can't see their way clearly.

The staff who was walking backwards is going to bump with Eliana so I suddenly grabbed her arm and pulled her away towards beside me.

"Ooops, you're going to bump to someone." I said.

The two staff stopped and put the box on the ground.

They apologized for not noticing that someone was in their path.

I told them to use a cart instead for easy transportation of the box. They told me that their cart's wheel is broken so they were not able to use the cart today.

They apologized again and they went on their way to transport the box full of studio props.

I suddenly heard a flash sound coming from my right. I looked where the sound coming from and I saw the photographer holding a camera facing towards me.

"I like that candid shot. Wanna see? Oh, and you can release her now," said the photographer.

Huh?

"Uhm... Conrad, you can let me go," said Eliana with an awkward tone.

I got embarrassed and released her right away then I apologized to her.

She told me it was okay and she thanked me for saving her from the huge box.

"Conrad! Come here for a sec!" the director called for me and I jogged towards him.

The director reiterate the concept he wanted from me as the photoshoot will begin.

After a short while, the photoshoot has started.

The four of us were posing for the camera. It has gone smoothly and the director suddenly praised us for posing right.

"Eliana and Conrad, can you both pose as if you are in a relationship and not as friends? The both of you have great chemistry for this shoot," the director said with an exciting expression written on his face.

The concept of this group photoshoot is all about enjoying with the company of friends posing with the products.

As lovers? This isn't part of the director's concept.

The photographer from earlier ran towards to the director and showed his camera.

When the director looked at the camera of the photographer, he began to rub his chin and then he looked at Eliana and I.

"I was right. You two look good together. I want to include only the both of you to the concept - a bad couple enjoying snacks together!" the director excitedly said.

I looked at Eliana and she looked rather enthusiastic.

Okay then, let's go with the director's will.

How to pose as a lover? Might as well think of Athena.

As Eliana and I faced each other, I began to imagine the one who is in front of me is Athena.

Instilling the rebellious image on me, I grabbed her waist and pulled her towards me then I gave her a cheeky smile.

I went on posing for the camera with Athena on my mind.

However, the director suddenly said stop.

"Eliana, react properly to what Conrad is giving to you!" said the director with a mad tone.

I blinked to return to my usual self and then I looked at Eliana.

She looked red and stunned.

Oh no, she isn't used to receiving harsh critics.

I intervened and told the director that I acted without telling Eliana what I planned for the posing.

She wasn't able to follow my lead since I haven't told her anything I wanted to happen.

I apologized and excused us both so that we could talk about what I wanted to happen for this lover shoot.

We went to a corner and I apologized to her.

"I-I was surprised with... ugh... with your poses with me. My heart went like this!" she placed both of her hands on her chest and gave it a motion as if her heart was beating fast.

I suddenly got embarrassed and awkward.

"I'm sorry it was uncomfortable. I'll be careful. I should have first told you what I'm intending to pose."

I'm an idiot for not considering a girl's feelings.

She chuckled and said that she was too enchanted with me looking so rebellious.

"You really do look handsome. Girls would fall for you for real if you did that to them. Athena is lucky to have you," she said.

I was flattered and then we talked about what poses we wanted to do together.

We went back to the photoshoot area and resumed the job.

.
.
.
.
.
.

We're done for the rebellious concept and we're now switching to a preppy concept. Clothes, hairstyle, and poses are now different.

The director didn't ask for a couple shoot for this concept. Phew.

The shoot finished after two hours. Tomorrow, a commercial shoot will take place.

I'm so tired today. I can finally go back at home to rest for a bit.

I changed my clothes and sat on the chair facing the vanity table. I stretched my arms and yawned.

Someone knocked the door and heard Eliana's voice asking if she could come in.

I allowed her to come in.

She sat beside me and eagerly showed me a photo on her phone.

That's the two of us that was taken by the photographer earlier.

"You look cool here!" she said.

The shot of this photo shows that I pulled her on the side in order for her not to get hit by the staff carrying the heavy box with another staff.

I look pretty serious here while Eliana is looking at me with dazed eyes.

She apparently asked for the photo to let me see the photo that was taken earlier.

"By the way, are you alright?" I asked.

She paused for a sec and asked what do I mean alright.

"If it is about being flustered and enchanted earlier, I'm alright," she said this with an energetic smile.

I shook my head  and said "No, from the director's critic."

Her smile slowly faded and began to be teary-eyed.

She looked away and grabbed a tissue from the tissue box placed on the vanity table.

"I-I'm really weak when someone gets mad at me. You can laugh at me for crying with just a minor reprimand," she said this with a shaky voice.

"This is nothing to laugh about. Everyone gets reprimanded and not everyone is perfect with their job. Remember I told you? During my time as a beginner, I received harsher criticism than you could imagine."

She's still crying quietly on her seat.

I really sympathize with her but sometimes you can't avoid being scolded or being criticized harshly. That's life.

I should probably leave her alone for a while so that she could cry all she want.

When I stood up, she also stood up with her crying face.

"D-don't leave me alone..." she said.

"I thought that you might need some alone time so-"

I got stiff when she suddenly buried her face on my chest and started to crying again.

What should I do? I can't just push her away and leave her in this state.

I gave her some pats on her back to calm her down.

She's really sensitive, ain't she?

.
.
.
.
.
.

Damn, this day is stressful.

Thanks to Conrad, we avoided being in bad terms with the director. He's a renowned director so the company is doing its best for him to continue working with us.

It was hard to procure him.

I am searching for the substitute model that was with Conrad. According the staff, she went to the dressing room.

I wanted to talk to her about her talent fee, some paperworks and to thank her personally with the manager named Naoya.

I already led Naoya to the meeting room so all is left is fetching the substitute model. What's her name again? Elly?

I went to knock on the first two dressing rooms and I got no response. I even opened the door to see if someone is inside but there was no one inside the rooms.

With that, I went to the last dressing room at the end of the hallway.

It's slightly open so I looked through the opening.

My blood started to boil from the sight I'm currently looking at.

What the hell is he doing? Is he cheating on Athena?!

Comforting a crying girl with the girl is in his arms?

Intimately comforting a girl while you have a girlfriend?

You gotta be kidding me. I wouldn't even comfort any girl, not even my sister, except Athe-

Oh god, stop it right there!

I'm thinking to barge in and grab his collar but I can't do that here since this is a workplace.

The girl moved away from him and sat down on the chair.

They started talking but I can't hear what they were saying, as if they were whispering and they are quite far from the door.

When I saw his body turning towards the door, I suddenly walked away and went to the empty dressing room that I passed through earlier.

It seems Conrad stepped out of the room since I heard his voice talking saying goodbye to the substitute model.

I suddenly feel conflicted but I shouldn't bother with Athena's personal affairs.

I stepped outside and walked towards to the room where the two where at to call out the substitute model.

.
.
.
.
.

Finally, I'm at home and I suddenly received a message from Eliana.

She apologized for letting me see her hideous crying face again and for acting immature earlier.

I replied to her by telling her that it was no problem and I don't judge her for acting that way.

I felt someone tapping my shoulder from behind while I'm seated on the sofa

"Hey brother, have you seen my blue mechanical pencil?" Maya asked.

I put down my phone and looked at Maya from behind.

"No, I haven't seen it. I was away from home for a while, remember?" I said.

"Damn, where did I put it? It's my favorite pencil..." Maya looked dejected and started scratching her head.

I stood up and told her she can borrow mine if she doesn't have a spare.

She refused and told me that she has a spare one.

"I will probably find it sooner or later," she said.

"Okay then", I said in reply.

I sat again at the sofa and opened my phone.

Maya sat beside me and looked at my phone.

"Eliana? Never heard that name from you. A colleague?" she curiously asked.

"Thank you again for everything. I want to repay you somehow for being a good senior to me. I'll treat you to a delicious meal!"

Maya read Eliana's message out loud and began to tease me.

"Hmm... is she making a move on you?" she said.

I refuted her claim by saying Eliana was just being grateful to me for helping her related at work.

"You gonna accept her offer?" she asked.

Probably not. A thank you is enough.

"No, saying her thanks is enough." I said.

Maya changed the topic and asked how was it going for me and Athena. She knows we don't see each other as often nowadays due to work.

I told her everything is fine and Athena paid a surprise visit on me.

"That's great! I haven't seen her in ages. Bring her here sometime when both of you are free. I want to hangout with her again," she said.

The thing is, I have scheduled work on weekends for a certain project while Athena is off from work on weekends. Our schedule is really in conflict nowadays.

"That'll be difficult but I hope that I will have a free day on a weekend in the following weeks," I said.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Video shoot for the commercial for Dolly's just wrapped up today.

It's 10 am and a Monday. Tomorrow, I'm free and the day after that, a script reading session will take place.

When will my schedule relax?

"Come on Conrad, accept my treat. Saying thank you is still not enough!"

Eliana is here with me to observe my work and today is the last day.

She's still adamant in treating me to a good meal. What I'm going to do with her...

"It's my last day with the observation and I've really learned a lot from you. I really wanted to show my appreciation..." she said this while showing a dejected face.

I began to feel I'm going to give in with her persistence.

"....Alright. If you truly wanted it."

Her face began to lit up and thanked me so earnestly.

I asked where will she treat me for a good meal. She told me that it's in downtown.

That's near from here.

Eliana offered Naoya to come with us but he declined because he needs to return to GT as he still have things to do but he offered us a ride going to the restaurant that Eliana mentioned.

After leaving Dolly's, we have arrived at the restaurant downtown.

Oh, an Italian restaurant. I haven't eaten here yet.

Both of us entered the restaurant, ordered food, and ate the food we entered.

After eating, we walked outside the restaurant and commented how delicious the food was.

"Their pasta is delicious isn't?" She asked.

I agreed and touched my belly showing that I'm full.

We suddenly heard a bell and we looked at the direction of the bell ringing just a few feet away from the Italian restaurant.

"It's an icecream store! Let's go and eat some dessert!" she said enthusiastically.

When she began to run towards the icecream store, I told her to wait for me.

This kid, whenever she's excited she never listens.

I jogged towards the icecream store. To my surprise, she already ordered and is now waiting for the ordered.

Apparently, she ordered strawberry vanilla icecream for the both of us in a cone.

When the icecream was handed out and it is time to pay, I immediately took out my card and gave it to the employee for payment.

"I should be treating you today!" she said.

"You already treated me. This is no big deal." I said.

She said her thanks and smiled.

After the payment was received, we sat on the chair inside the store and ate our dessert.

We begun to chat while we are eating our icecream.

.
.
.
.
.
.

I had a meeting with our company's partner creative agency near Dolly's .

It's almost lunch time and I got spare time before I return to the company.

The rebranding project that I'm currently in with Zilly is far from finish.

The meeting I had with our partner was mission accomplished but there is still work to do.

Good thing Zilly is not scheduled to go to 88Advert today so I can relax. I still can't stand her bossy and constant bragging about her and Charles.

There's a burger fastfood chain around so I'll go there and eat my lunch before going back to the company.

I went, ordered, and sat facing the glass window facing the icecream store across this burger shop.

I started munching on my burger and savoring the burger's taste.

Hello, burger! It's been a while since I've tasted you because you're unhealthy.

As I took a sip on my iced tea, to my surprise, I saw Conrad and his colleague standing outside of the Italian restaurant.

I believe her name is Eliana, the one I met at the hotel.

They ate lunch together? There's no sight if Naoya nor other people with them. It's just the two of them standing outside the restaurant.

I stopped sipping from the straw when I saw Conrad chasing Eliana towards the icecream shop.

My chest suddenly feels heavy and started pounding.

It's clear as day that I saw them laughing and smiling at each other.

When did they start being so close to each other?

But I don't want to judge. They're colleagues and you can eat together whenever.

They probably just ate together since they worked on the same project on their voice acting gig then they will return to work.

I continued to eat my burger while staring at them.

They're laughing and smiling at each other... I suddenly lost my appetite in eating my burger...

I did not finish my food and I walked out.

I want to leave but my feet are glued on the ground facing to where the two are at.

A few moments later, my heart sank when I saw Eliana whispering to Conrad with very close proximity. As she was whispering, Conrad was smiling so brightly to her.

They seem really close...

Argh! I might be misunderstanding something. Maybe they're just talking about something funny.

I walked away and started to think negative ideas.

Does my relationship with Conrad begin to fade away since we're not seeing each other regularly?

Has Conrad grown tired of me?

Is he planning to breakup with me sooner or later?

"Hey! Watch were you going!"

Someone grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the side of the sidewalk.

I looked at the person who pulled me and it was Charles.

He looked so worried and out of breath.

I got no mood to react the fact that Charles came up to me.

"That was dangerous! You were about to cross the road while the traffic light was green." He said this with an angry face.

I apologized and just thanked him.

When I was about to walk, he called out my name and asked if I'm alright.

I faced him and told him I'm alright. After saying that to him, I walked away and made my way to the office.

.
.
.
.
.
.

My work is finished for the day and it's time to go home.

I can't shake off the feeling that Conrad might break up with me sooner or later. I also thought about what he said to me that cheating can happen in any relationship.

My tummy began to growl since I did not finish my lunch earlier.

I better buy something to eat at the convenience store before going home.

While walking towards the nearest convenience store, I thought of texting Conrad to ask where he went earlier.

If he says he was with Eliana, I will believe that there's nothing going in between them and if he didn't say anything he was with Eliana, I might think that there is something going on with the both of them.

I sent him a message and gotten a message after a few minutes.

"I went to Dolly's for the final commercial shooting and ate Italian food and icecream for dessert with the new colleague."

It kind of relieved me but it still wasn't enough to satisfy my suspicions.

I entered the convenience store and went to the sandwich section. As I am choosing a sandwich to buy, my ears began to be sharp when I heard 
familiar voice.

A female voice said something about Conrad being so gentleman.

I quickly chose a random sandwich and went to the direction of the voice.

I was surprised that it's Eliana talking to another female. Most probably she is with a friend.

I hid behind the shelf located just behind them while pretending to look at the food items on the shelves to listen to what they are saying.

"Conrad just comforted me yesterday and I think I'm really falling for him!" Eliana said this in excitement while maintaining to have a small voice.

What? Is this for real?

"He hugged me with a comforting voice. It would be nice if I could be in his arms again." She added.

I hurriedly went to to cashier to pay for my sandwich and hurriedly walked out of the convenience store.

This day is the worst. Why did I even see her there at the convenience store.

My chest is pounding fast and feels heavy... I began to look down on the ground and thought about Conrad might be cheating on me.

When I raised my head, a huge advertisement screen in front of me is flashing before me.

I saw a huge image of Conrad and Eliana facing each other as if they're going to kiss with their bodies close to each other.

I even heard other people looking at the advertisement poster on that huge screen monitor saying that they look good and has good chemistry.

That Dolly's advertisement made me feel much worse.

These feelings again... the time I felt during highschool with Richard White. Ugh! Stop resurfacing within me!

I randomly went to a bar that I'm familiar with on a whim. I'll drink one alcoholic beverage and go home.

I want to forget the past and current memories!

I sat at the bar counter and ordered the expensive one. I'm not familiar with this drink but I ordered it anyway.

The drink has a mix of vodka, tequila and rum poured into a fancy glass.

As I took a sip on it, I realized it's too strong for me! Now I regretted buying this...

However, a flashback of the happenings that happened earlier resurfaced on my mind.

I immediately drank and finished the drink in one go.

The bartender got amazed when he saw me drinking it straight and he told me that not all ladies can drink that hard liquor straight.

I began to feel a little light headed but I'm still on my senses. I thought of drinking one cheap alcoholic drink before going home.

The expensive drink really hit me hard, even though it's just one and small glass.

When the bartender finished making my drink, I drank it straight and gave the glass to the bartender.

Oh no, my vision is swaying. Is this what being drunk feels like?

Ugh... I want to forget what happened earlier...

I stood up, paid for the drink and stood up from my chair.

When I stood up, I bumped into someone. As I looked up, I can't recognized the face but I recognize the voice. However, I can't distinguish who it is as my judgement is quite impaired.

»»»»»End of Chapter 88«««««

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 239 37
Athena Myers is a pretty girl. She hate liars and prefers cute guys over hot. She is sarcastic as hell. Short-tempered and totally lives in her dream...
206 32 28
Meet 20 - year old Athena Carter, a small town American girl turned Oxford Nanny with good grades, determination, and a rough past, England bound for...
2.5M 90.3K 63
(BOOK 2 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) EXCERPT: "I don't get you. At times you're trying to kill me and then you're seducing me. I can't seem to fig...