What Goes Around Comes Around

By KeiDieeeM

Not all heroes wear fancy costumes. That was a conclusion Izuku thought of after an experiment on his quirk t... More

Chapter 1: Karma: Present time
Chapter 2: Karma: The Origin
Chapter 3: Fake News and Traps
Chapter 4: Ambushed
Chapter 5: Point of No Return
Chapter 6: Kacchan
Chapter 7: Shinsou Hitomi
Chapter 8: What Makes A Hero
Chapter 9: Expecting the Unexpected
Chapter 10: What Did I Get Myself Into?
Chapter 12: Sports Festival..?

Chapter 11: First Week of Classes

20 2 0
By KeiDieeeM

"Good Job Sora-san" Izuku commended the older man as they walk along the hallway of the ancestral house. "I asked you to surprise me and you really did", he continued.

"I take pride in taking things to a higher-level young master." Sora supplied trailing behind Izuku.

"When I told you to look for someone to have an alliance with, I never thought you'd go after my father." Izuku mused.

"He is currently holding the highest position in this country," Sora explained. "He can overlook your past and future transgressions. Plus, you have a common goal, he is the best person for you to have an alliance with."

"I know, but that was risky. What if he decided to ban me instead from any activities remotely considered vigilantism? Not to mention how hard it was to come clean with my mother."

"Oh, he won't. If he truly is a Midoriya, he would not pass up an opportunity to get closer to his goal. Even if it means using his own son. He will make sure you're safe, but he will definitely use you."

"I am a Midoriya," Izuku supplied, with a mildly offended tone.

"My point, exactly," Sora smiled, feeling vindicated. "I did have a first-hand experience."

////

Izuku would define his first few days in high school as a whirlwind of experiences.

A physical test first thing on the first day?

Check.

Witnessing the potential of the future heroes who will be personally trained by the number one hero, All Might, himself?

Check.

Villain attack inside the safest school in the whole country?

Oh well, big check.

The whole USJ (also known as the Unforeseen Simulation Joint, not the park one) where they were supposed to have rescue training was a mess. Izuku was torn between teleporting the whole class somewhere safe and running away from villains or taking off and gathering reinforcements.

He knows he can teleport the whole class plus the two teachers, Aizawa-sensei and Thirteen-sensei (yes the freaking hero Thirteen). But that would be his limit. Then villains will be left to their own devices. And who knows if they will just retreat or attacked the school at large.

But if he took off and gather reinforcements, would the villains be threatened and hurt any of them badly before he comes back?

"Izuku!" Denki called from the back and cut him from his inner turmoil.

"Go call the other teachers! We can defend ourselves long enough for you to comeback", his best friend assured while eyeing the villain made of mist. So far, he was the deadliest looking from the rest of the invaders.

Right, they are heroes in training. Eventually they will face real life villains, it just happened way ahead of schedule.

Izuku nodded in agreement and jumped off to his portal. He went to the best place he can think of to get reinforcements.

///

With his favourite wild berries tea at hand, Cementoss thinks this is the most peace he got this week.

The first week of classes is always the worst. New students are always lost, and the old ones are always preying on these poor souls.

And he as one of the only few sensible faculty in this school, has to save these lost sheep. He admits it was funny when one of the first years thought Nedzu's office was the restroom. Good thing he saved the kid before Nedzu preyed on him and offer the kid a scalding cup of tea.

His last gulp at the tea was suddenly interrupted when he heard a cry for help.

"USJ is under attack!"

He and the rest of the teachers at the lounge turned to the source of the cry. It was the kid who taught Nedzu's office was the restroom. The kid with the teleportation quirk, Midoriya Izuku.

"Send us there, quick," Cementoss ordered. He also took out the school-issued two-way radio and contacted Nezu. By the kid's scared expression, they need more reinforcements.

The first week of classes is the worse indeed.

///

"This is truly troublesome," Kurogiri said more to himself. "A teleporter among the seedlings on his way to get reinforcements".

"But will he get gather reinforcements on time before anything worse happens?" he mockingly asked the hero hopefuls.

"Shut up Misty!" screamed a blonde girl in a ponytail with a black mask and grenade-shaped gauntlets and jumped to attack him.

"Feisty little ones, let's see if you can keep that up", he warned before opening small portals to send her and the rest of the students scattered across the dome as planned.

Then he went to the center of commotion and reported the unforeseen development.

"One of the seedlings teleported and went to get reinforcements." Kurogiri instantly reported once he teleported behind their so-called leader.

"What!?" Shigaraki Tomura, the young blue-haired man-child with severed hands clutching on his every appendage and his face screamed.

The young boss is already upset at how Eraserhead, an Underground hero, and the student's homeroom teacher, beat the villains they brought one or two at a time.

"Kurogiri, if you were not our escape route, I would have killed you." He muttered disappointed.

"Apologies Shigaraki, in our defense, we were not aware of this troublesome quirk." Kurogiri defended.

Shigaraki was about to hit him when a gunshot fired and took out the hand that was hiding the blue-haired man's face, revealing a pale face, red baggy eyes, and chapped lips.

"Surrender now villains we got you surrounded!" Demanded the hero that shot at them.

Shigaraki tsked in annoyance, scratching his head thinking about his next move. All the villains they hired for this attack were frozen in shock, not expecting the heroes to come this early.

"Kurogiri, bring out the Nomu!" Tomura finally made up his mind to show off their trump card.

Kurogiri took that as a cue and let out a monster of sort with an exposed brain from his portal.

A gift from his master and Shigaraki's sensei. A genetically engineered being with multiple quirks, including shock absorption and regeneration.

The monster bolted to attack but was instantly blocked by a massive cement. To the heroes' dismay, it easily destroyed it. It was then shot multiple times but still ran unbothered.

It was almost at the group of heroes when an explosion went out at the entrance. Then, suddenly, the Nomu was subdued at the ground.

Alas, All Might have come.

"Finally, the final boss" Shigaraki cheered in excitement. All Might was their target after all.

"You will never win villains!" All Might confidently declare.

Poor hero, soon this confidence of his will shatter. Kurogiri thought.

"My dear colleagues, please make sure the students are safe, I will take care of this monster." The number one hero instructed the other heroes. All of them dispersed hurriedly worried about the heroes in training.

"Wrong move All Might", Shigaraki sneered. "This Nomu was specially made to destroy you".

As if on cue, the Nomu attacked the blonde hero. All Might tried to punch the monster away, but it just absorbed the punches and stubbornly charged at the hero.

The hero continued to punch the monster, hoping for an effect of some sort.

But the monster kept attacking the hero unaffected.

Soon All Might change his tactic and attempted to tackle the monster to the ground.

Kurogiri can't have that.

Kurogiri created a portal so that it will not hit the ground. All Might let out a painful gasp as the monster gripped the hero's sides with his sharp talon-like nails through the portal below him.

All Might is indeed so strong as he never let the monster go, though his facial expression reveals how the talons are affecting him.

"Let's see how long you can hold it All Might." Shigaraki mocked.

The villain's victorious smug was erased when a gunshot hit the monster's eye. The monster let go of the blonde hero and howled in pain, revealing its weakness.

"The kids are safe All Might, let us help you!" Cementoss offered and sent a large block of cement at the monster aiming to flatten it.

However big that attack was, it was only a distraction as Kurogiri smelled something that made him sleepy.

Midnight.

Kurogiri put all his remaining strengths to send Shigaraki back to the base, it's the least he can do for his master.

///

"Are you sure none of you really need medical attention?" Present Mic's voice was the first thing Izuku heard when he regained his strength and went back to USJ.

He looked around and he noticed the heroes restraining the villains.

He then took a double take when he notice a large monster with an exposed brain and a beak for mouth.

Damn, how much did he miss? He has to improve his stamina and recovery time really soon.

"Izuku!" came a chorus of his classmates behind him.

"You did a good job man!" Kirishima is the first one to approach him.

"I ran away," Izuku protested "I didn't do much".

"You ran away to get reinforcements, dumbass" Kacchan corrected. "If not for you, All Might could be dead by now."

"What?!" he cried in disbelief. Someone almost killed All Might? Was that the brain monster?

"And the heroes would have not captured two of the villain's trump cards".

"Two? I only saw one humanoid monster. Is there another one?" Izuku asked scared.

"Nope, the other one is Misty, their escape route."

Oh.

Izuku can't believe they caught a major player from the villains. And all was because Izuku chose to trust his classmates.

To be honest, trust was not Izuku's favourite virtue. He's obsessed with having things work according to his plan, and that's by not trusting anyone else but himself.

"Students", someone called behind them.

They all looked for the source of the voice and found their eccentric principal sitting on their homeroom teacher's shoulders.

"You all did well", the principal commended. "Trust among pro-heroes is an essential part of hero work," he supplied.

"You all just got together as one class for only a week and you all trusted Midoriya to get reinforcements. And you Midoriya," the principal looked at Izuku, "You trusted your classmates to defend themselves in time for you to get back up".

"You could have just sent everyone to safety but left the villains unattended. They might just fall back and run away or they could have attacked the next building they could find. You all just started the hero course, but you already did most pro-heroes can't, I'm so proud of all of you."

Uraraka broke down first. Then the weight of what happened hit the rest of the class one by one.

Izuku and Denki who already have several similar encounters against villains and pro-heroes alike, can't help but teared up with their classmates. They guess this is what differentiate heroes from villains and vigilantes.

Heroes save lives without exception.

///

Tomura woke up groggy.

He had to blink a few more times to adjust to the darkness of the bar, their official headquarters.

Wait, why am I here?

"Shigaraki Tomura.."

Someone called from the television at the top of the bar.

"S-sensei", Tomura stuttered. Whether from fear or grogginess, he wasn't sure.

"Where's Kurogiri?" Sensei asked.

"The heroes.. The heroes have him!" He answered seething, remembering the shameful event. "They have the Nomu as well!"

"You have failed me Shigaraki Tomura," the voice said calmly but clearly disappointed, "and you have let the enemy have my trusted attendant and my precious pet"

"It's those hero students' fault sensei! But I will take them back!" Tomura promised. " If you just gave me two more Nomus and transport me back to UA.."

"No" Sensei firmly cut him off.

"I will not let you do anything until you realized what you did wrong."

"I told you it's the hero's fault!" Tomura insisted, "They cheated! They also have a teleporter with them!"

An eerie silence followed the burst out of information.

"Hmm, interesting, who was it?" sensei asked.

"I did not know; Kurogiri did not mention anything more than that it was one of the students. But I will look for them, I promise."

"I told you I won't let you do anything before you realize where you lack, Tomura", Sensei reminded him.

"But how will you find them sensei?"

"I have my ways" Sensei assured.

////

Author's note:

Hi readers! one question though: are you enjoying the story? I am planning to finish this fic before the end of August. Let me know what you think, yeah? thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 148 31
What if Deku never received All Might's power, but still strove to become a hero, albeit trained by an unlikely mentor? DISCONTINUED
521K 16.2K 40
What happens to people that don't have quirks in a world full of quirks? What happens to the world when one quirkless person finally snaps? Well... c...
3.5K 53 50
Ever since Izuku Midoriya was discovered to be quirkless, his life has been nothing but torment. So what will he do when he is offered an escape to h...
2.3K 67 21
Izuku Midoriya is a quirkless kid who wants to be a hero, but he can't become a hero without a quirk. He still believes that he can achieve it. Until...