first love | minji x fem! oc

By mindfullofseine

in ditto high school, two students are running for the student body president. both are very popular and pret... More

two "why does my heart.."
three "for some reason.."
four "all i need.."
five "be careful.."
six "i love her.."
seven "you like.."
eight "who's the one.."
nine "take care.."
ten "MOON.."

one - "you're my competition but.."

1.1K 30 5
By mindfullofseine

{nari's POV}

"yah! huh yunjin!"

i woke up to my curtains being pulled apart so aggressively, as the bright sunlight shines through my window and blinding me.

'why must today be so sunny?'

i groaned from the sunlight burning my poor eyeballs and laid back down, covering myself up in the cozy blanket.

unfortunately that moment wouldn't last long.

i felt the blanket being yanked off my body, my body is now exposed to the cold air in the room.

"unnieeee!" i whined to her.

"wakey wakey pretty girl!"

she screamed in my ears loudly and jumped on top of me. this unnie of mine likes to be my personal alarm clock. to be honest with you.. she's the only one who can get me out of bed.

"ahhh! so loud in the morning!" i tried my best to push her off, but of course, she's stronger than me and she pinned my hands down.

"you're not winning this time, pretty girl." she smirked at me.

she started to lower her face closer to mine and i started to panic a bit because i'm easily flustered with things like this.

"unnie.. what are you doing?" i asked her in a whisper while looking away from her.

she always like to make me shy with all of my weaknesses. one of them being getting close to my face and holding me.

"what? i can't stare at my pretty girl?" she teased which made my heart flutter.

then, i thought it would a great idea to tease her back.. wrong!

i turned my face back to her and our faces are dangerously close, closer than i expected, our noses are touching and lips are pretty much also touching each other.

"stare at her then." i looked down at her lips and back to her eyes with a smirk.

she seems to have liked what i said. i instantly regretted everything i did in that exact moment.

"ohh? as you wish."

she got even closer to my red, blushing face.

'what if we just kissed right now.."

boom

my thoughts were interrupted when the door suddenly burst open and hit my wall so hard that it shook parts of my house.

yunjin unnie and i immediately jumped apart, i tried to hide my extremely red face, but it was no use.

"unnie! why is your face so red?"

the cute maknae of our friend group, eunchae, came rushing onto my bed to cup my face in her hands to look at it.

"did yunjin unnie kiss you?" she asked with excitement.

i removed her hands from my face to place them onto my lap and stared into those big eyes of her.

"no."

i gave her a short and simple answer.

"no jams!"

she ran out of my room without forgetting to push yunjin unnie off the bed first.

"you little sh-" i pulled her back down and into a hug before she could kill that troublemaker baby.

"let's get ready, unnie. i don't want to be late for the announcement."  she nodded.

"let's go." she quickly gave me a kiss on my cheek and ran to my restroom.

"huh yunjin!" i screamed while following closely behind her.

———

as i was finishing up putting on my uniform (ditto uniform), yunjin unnie came back into the room after looking for some snacks to bring.

"open." i opened my mouth without thinking first, i was too busy fixing up my hair.

she placed whatever it was in my mouth and once i started to chew, it became so bitter. my face scrunched up in disgust while i looked for my trashcan, which was nowhere to be found.

i stopped in my tracks. i slowly turned to where yunjin unnie and watched as her face started to drop when she realized what i was about to do.

"hwang nari. don't you dare." she began to back away from me.

i stood in my place, planning when i should shoot this unknown food out of my mouth.

after 5 seconds of silence.. i spit it out at her and ran for my life down the stairs. all you can hear is the loud and frantic footsteps echoing through the house.

"hwang nari!!" i heard her yell my name.

"that's your fault!"

i continued to run around the house until i saw zuha unnie and practically jumped into her arms. i nearly made her fall over, but zuha unnie is strong and she caught me with ease.

"woah, what's happening?" she fixed my position in her arms as she looked at a disgusted yunjin unnie.

"she spit her food at me!" she pointed at me.

"i'm innocent! you're the one who put in my mouth without telling me what it was!" i argued while clinging onto zuha unnie's neck.

the two of us are the same height yet i'm like a small baby when it comes to her.

"okay okay, that's enough." she said gently.

she tapped my butt for me to get off, but it made me cling to her even closer. i felt her arms tighten around my body and i felt safe. i didn't want to get out from her arms.

i snuggled my face into her neck and sighed contently.

"such a big baby." i turned my head to her with a glare.

"says the one who was about to kiss me."

"no i wasn't-" yunjin unnie started to say.

"you were going to kiss her?" zuha unnie questioned.

"no no, i was only teasing her and she teased me back."

i wiggled out from zuha unnie's arms and walked towards yunjin unnie.

"too bad it was just teasing.. i would've loved it wasn't." i said with a wink.

i walked out the door leaving both unnies stunned.

as i walked to the car, i looked back to see that they still weren't out here. i smiled and yelled out to them.

"unnies! are you not going to school?"

they came running out the door and fought for the front seat. i was okay with sitting in the back because there is more room and more comfortable. i was in the back with yunjin unnie who was slightly sulking now.
her plump lips were pouting and her eyebrows were furrowed.

i smiled a bit and decided to make her face me to give her a kiss on the cheek as a way of making up with her.

this made her expression soften and she smiled.

"always know how to cheer me up." she pinched my cheek and i whined trying to push her hand away.

after successfully doing that, i saw that we were still not there, so i placed my head on her shoulder and dozed off to sleep.

———

"nari..nari. wake up, we're here." i felt someone tapping and shaking me.

i opened my eyes to see that we were at the front gate of the school now. i got out the car while thanking the driver, i went to hold yunjin unnie's hand and off we went into the school.

while we were walking, my eyes caught a glimpse of her..

kim minji.

my rival in the election and my rival in nearly everything, but despite that.. we don't hate each other instead we're on good terms.

"you're staring again." yunjin unnie nudged my arm to get my attention.

"mian.. she's just so pretty.."

"yah, stop drooling."

"kim minji!" she screamed to her after telling me to not drool over her beauty.

the beauty with cold eyes turned to us and made eye contact with just me.. i could've sworn my heart stopped beating for a second. i also could've sworn her cold gaze softened after looking at me.

"come here for a bit please."

and here she comes. walking with such pride and grace. in some ways, she reminds me of my late older  sister, hwang nabi. nabi unnie was one elegant woman and was a legend in ditto high school for not only her kindness but the way she made sure this school was a school where everyone felt happy.

all i wanted to do was to follow in her footsteps as a kid and now i'm doing it under her guidance.

while i finished thinking about my unnie. there she stood right in front of my eyes, the girl who i should be on bad terms for this election. she's even more beautiful up close. from her long, straight black hair to her pretty lips.

"minji-ssi. do you mind taking this princess to the homeroom please," i looked at her in complete shock while she smiled on. "i will be busy with personal matters."

"but unnie-" she cut me off by pressing her finger on my lips.

"shhhh."

'did she just shush me?' i furrowed my eyebrows, staring up at her.

she leaned down dangerously close to my ear.

"i saw the way her eyes always go to you. now be a good girl and thank me for this opportunity i gave to you." she whispered.

it send shivers down my spine when i felt her hot breath against part of my neck.

"thank you unnie.."

she grinned at my response and turned her attention back to minji.

"will that be okay?"

"it won't be a problem for me, yunjin sunbae." she gave her a light smile.

'pretty..'

"good! now, good luck with this one."

suddenly i was pushed forward causing me to trip. i was prepared to hit the ground and then i felt arms quickly wrap itself around my waist, holding me up against their chest. i saw the nametag and of course, it said kim minji. i immediately straightened up myself and tried to apologize, but i was held even tighter.

my hands were resting on top of her arms. i looked at her with embarrassment while she looked at me with concern. i was starting to get flustered after realizing how close i was to her and.. i was being held by her!

"are you okay?" she asked gently, seemingly trying to check if i was hurt anywhere.

it was a subtle gesture yet it warmed my heart knowing minji isn't much of a expressive person.

"ahh.. yes i am, thank you." i said with smile.

i looked around to find yunjin unnie.

nowhere to be found.

'i'm going to kill her.'

i looked back at her to find that her eyes were already staring at me. she must've saw that she was still holding onto me and she let go of my waist.

instantly, i miss her warmth.

"let's get to class before we're shouted at." she stepped to the side for me to pass.

another gesture that warmed my heart.

i nodded to her and walked in front for a moment until she matched my pace.

during our walk, i noticed i felt calm in her presence and somehow.. safe? i don't know what it is. maybe it's her tall figure or her relaxed demeanor, either way it was working and i didn't mind it.

we were silent most of the time and we reached at the door of our homeroom.

but i took the chance to apologize for what happened earlier.

"minji.." i stopped.

she was in front of me by a few steps, so she turned around to face me with a raised eyebrow.

"i'm sorry for earlier, i was made a fool by that unnie."

i saw as her lips form a small smile and my lips did the same subconsciously.

"it's okay. i wanted to make sure you didn't hurt yourself."

my eyes widened in response to her last words. she must've saw that because she walked closer to me. only stopping when she's around two steps away.

"i don't want you to get hurt."

her eyes and voice were so sincere. i didn't know she could be like this after 2 years of knowing her. the minji i know.. well at least i thought i knew, was emotionless and didn't express any of her feelings.

"thank you, minji-ah."

"let's walk in."

i was going to walk in first before i felt a hand grab hold mine stopping me from going any further. i glanced down at my hand and glanced back up to her. what she did next shocked me even more. she smiled so warmly that her eyes disappeared.

'her eye smile is so pretty, i never seen her smile like that'

"together." she said with the same smile.

i smiled the same way as her, readjusting my hold on her hand, so it can be tighter.

"mm, together."

minji slid the door open, then all the attention went to us especially our hands.

i scanned the room to find yunjin unnie smirking.  i already know she was going to tease me all day about this.

we walked to our seats which were beside each other.

when i was about to sit down in my seat, she pulled me to her side. i locked eyes with her and i patiently waited because i knew she was going to say something.
she bent down enough to be close for no one else to hear.

"you're my competition but.. you're someone i care about."

———

hello bunnies! i hope you liked this first chapter of "first love", this is my second book after deleting my previous one a year ago.

i wish for bunnies to read this book and truly like it, please enjoy reading as i do writing!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 7K 52
One is a strict perfectionist and the other is a carefree spirit. Not quite a dream team, but they have one thing in common - a passion for dance. Wh...
23.4K 1.6K 30
"I know it's weird... but I love you." "W-what? W-what do you mean?" In the shadowy corridors of a professional realm, where a frigid and unyielding...
31.2K 1.1K 18
"She is my idol, my inspiration! How can I love her in a romantic way?" But from inside she's already in love with her idol, will her idol love her...
10.3K 286 20
importante: this story went through some editing in December of 2023 so its kinda different if you read it before :) basically yunjin is a flirt and...