A New Wildcard (COTExOC)

By GuardianLugia8

Advanced Nurturing High School or simply called ANHS is a Japanese institution funded by the government and i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 8

1.8K 65 18
By GuardianLugia8

"This place is very big." I said as I looked at the gymnasium where the club fair is to be.

"Yeah, it sure is big." Ayanokoji said as he looked at the building.

After today's school ended, Ayanokoji, Horikita and I went to the gymnasium together. I could see almost a 100 students here and I'm sure that all of them were first years. The three of us were at the back as we waited for the fair to start.

Pamplets were given to us when we entered the gymnasium which gave many details about the various clubs.

"I wonder if this school has a particularly famous club. For example… something like a karate club?" Ayanokoji said as he looked around.

"A lot of clubs here seem to be high-leveled. There are a lot of members in a lot of clubs that are nationally known." Horikita said as she looked at the club members.

"That's a given. ANHS is the greatest school in Japan, so they will surely have a lot of members who are nationally known." I said to her as I looked around.

Though I noticed that the school isn't that known for basketball or baseball. And it looked like the students don't take the clubs as a hobby.

If Aogami or the other four were in this school then this schools basketball clubs reputation would skyrocket. Alas, they aren't interested in those kinds of things and considering that the students in the clubs here don't seem to have a passion for the sport I guess it's understandable.

"The facilities are also high quality. Look, they even have oxygen capsules. All the equipment put pro’s equipment to shame. Ah, but it looks like they don’t have a karate club." Ayanokoji said as he looked at the equipment and I have to agree that it is high quality equipment.

"… I see. Why, are you interested in karate?" Horikita asked Ayanokoji after she heard him.

"No, not particularly." Ayanokoji said to her in response.

"I guess you're just a bit interested huh." I said to him to which he nodded.

"But you know, it looks like an inexperienced person will have a hard time joining a sports club. Even if someone made their high school debut, they would be a substitute for an eternity. I don’t think it would be fun." Horikita said to Ayanokoji sharply.

"Isn’t that dependent on the effort they put in? After 1 to 2 years of training, anyone can become good." Ayanokoji said to her in response to her words.

"It also depends on the passion of that person." I said catching the attention of the two.

"What does that mean?" Ayanokoji asked me as he and Horikita looked at me.

"No matter how much a person trains, if they don't truly have a desire or passion for that thing then they won't succeed. That is true for sports and every other thing in the world." I said to them with my default emotionless face.

"Are you by any chance a philosophical person?" Horikita asked me with her usual face.

"No. I don't think I am." I said to her with a raised eyebrow.

"If you say so. But onto that matter which you said Ayanokoji. I didn’t think that the word ‘training’ existed for people who avoid trouble like you." Horikita said before turning to him.

"What does avoiding trouble have to do anything with this?" Ayanokoji asked confused.

"Doesn’t someone who avoids trouble also avoid any sort of manual labor? If you’ve declared that you avoid trouble, you should stick to your word until the very end." Horikita said to him in her usual tone.

"Can't say I disagree with her. That is the definition of a person who doesn't like trouble." I said to him with a shrug.

"I don't take it that far." Ayanokoji said to us.

"If you’re always noncommittal like that, you’re never going to make friends." Horikita said sharply.

"Your words wound my heart." Ayanokoji said keeping the same face.

"It's hard to know if you're saying the truth since you have the same face." I said to him.

He has an emotionless face just like Horikita and I. Of course, Horikita has a constant look of superiority on her face while ours is neutral and doesn't show anything other than that expression.

"Did you two come here to gang up on me?" Ayanokoji asked the two of us as he looked at us.

"I didn't. She most definitely did." I said to him as I pointed to Horikita.

"Are you saying that I'm a sadist?" Horikita asked me.

"No. I'm stating the fact that you're a sadist." I said to her with the same face.

"You won't get a girlfriend with that kind of attitude." Horikita said to me sharply.

Oh so she's changing targets.

"If a girl isn't okay with my bluntness then they have no reason to date me. Besides even if I wanted a girlfriend, a girl like you would be my last choice. Which goes the same for all the boys that will know you." I said to her crossing my arms.

"You speak as if I care about the opinions of others?" Horikita said to me with narrowed eyes.

"Oh I'm not saying that you care about the opinions of others. But you do care about the opinion of that one person." I said to her without missing a beat.

"Wha?! How do you..." Horikita said as she faltered.

Oh, so I was right in that hypothesis.

"Thank you for waiting, first year students. A representative from each club will explain their activities and how to join. I am Tachibana, the secretary of the student council and the chairman responsible for this club fair. Nice to meet you." A purple haired girl, the secretary said as she greeted us taking our attention.

I saw Horikita looking at me using my peripheral vision but didn't say anything as I kept my attention on the secretary. Then after her short speech the various representatives of the clubs were lined up on the stage. There were various representatives, ranging from those wearing judo uniforms to beautiful kimonos.

"Hey, if you ever change your mind, try joining a sports club. Doesn’t that judo club look good? That senpai looks nice and encouraging." Ayanokoji said to Horikita as the judo representative.

"What part of him looks nice and encouraging? That gorilla looks like he could kill someone at any time." Horikita said immediately.

"He’d probably preach to you that judo is an easy sport." Ayanokoji said to her at that.

"It's a martial art, there's nothing easy about a martial art." I said to him interrupting him.

"I couldn't agree more." Horikita said agreeing with him.

"Are you two just here to keep on rebutting my words?" Ayanokoji asked us after he heard the two of us.

"If you were to keep your mouth shut them we will be fine." Horikita said to him with a glare.

"You should already know how she is going to act Ayanokoji so don't be surprised." I said to him.

"You're right." Ayanokoji said with a sigh before he looked at the stage.

"My name is Hashigaki, and I’m the captain of the archery club. I think there are a lot of students who find it old-fashioned and simple, but it is a really fun and fulfilling sport. We give all new students a warm welcome, so if you’re interested, please join." A girl wearing archer clothes said at the stage.

"Not gonna say anything about it?" Horikita asked Ayanokoji as she looked at him.

"And what? Have the two of you gang up on me again? No thanks, I'm fine." Ayanokoji said with his usual face.

Huh, I thought he would be more persistent and keep on talking.

I looked at the stage where the other representatives were giving their introductions and were trying to get more members.

"Tsu… !" Suddenly Horikita tensed up as she looked at the stage.

I looked at her and saw her face turning pale. A smile appeared on my face as I turned to look at the stage.

"What’s wrong?" Ayanokoji asked her as he noticed her state.

Even though he asked that she didn't say anything and kept her eyes on the stage. He looked at the stage and at the baseball club representative and glanced at Horikita.

Was the thinking that she has fallen in love with that guy in first sight? Though I guess it isn't far fetched but her pale face doesn't denote any sort of feelings like that.

"Horikita, what's wrong?" Ayanokoji asked again to which she stayed silent.

I guess he realised that she won't answer him and so he looked at the stage.

I looked at the stage and at the faces of the club representatives and supervisors. The club representatives, and not to mention the supervising teacher, continued their explanations with displeased looks. They are quite frantic to get as many new members as possible.

After some time, all the introductions about the clubs were done as the representatives got off the stage. After the representatives got off, only one person remained, that person gained the attention of the rest of the students in the gym.

The person is about 170cm in height, a  slender body, sleek black hair, sharp glasses, and a calculating gaze. He is standing in front of the microphone as he looked at the first year students in the gym with a calm look.

And finally, there was no doubting it. He is Horikita's big brother. Same black hair, eyes and the same look. And Horikita's reaction confirms it as well. I had seen her looking at him as he was giving a welcoming speech to us, and though it was only a hypothesis it turned out to be true.

The senpai didn't say anything and kept his calm gaze. The students started to encourage him and some made fun of him but he didn't falter in the slightest. Soon, it gave way to confusion as the senpai didn't say anything and just kept his gaze on the students. I saw Horikita looking at him with an intense gaze as well.

And soon enough the students in the gym quieted down until no one said a single word as they looked at the senpai. The pace is so silent that you could hear a pin drop easily. And the fact that he was able to quiet down a gym full of first years students with his gaze alone speaks volumes of his ability.

Heh, there's no doubt about it. He is a natural born leader. To have the same face in front of so many people without any change of expression and to have the ability to make them quiet with just his gaze. Only a person with great leadership qualities would be able to do this.

"My name is Horikita Manabu, and I am the student council president." The senpai said as he introduced himself.

And there it is. All the proof I needed to be certain that he is her brother. I glanced at Ayanokoji who is looking at Horikita as the girl has her gaze on the president. And the fact that he's the student council president is enough to tell others that he has great skills.

"The student council is also looking for first-years to replace the graduating third-years. There are no strict requirements to apply for the position, but those who are interested should not be affiliated with any other clubs. Generally, we do not accept any candidate involved in other clubs." Horikita Manabu said with the same gaze as he looked at the students.

Even though his tone is soft it carries the authority needed for a person of his position. He kind of reminds me of that man, they have the same aura to them.

"Also, we, the student council, are not looking for anyone that has a naive way of thinking. Not only will that kind of person fail to get elected, they will inevitably become a stain to this school. The student council is only responsible for regulating the students, but the school expects much more. Those of you that understand can become potential candidates." President Horikita said as he finished his speech.

He then got off the stage and left the gym. No student had the guts to utter anything as he was in the building. After he left I heard some students let out a breath of relief. Then again I couldn't blame them. His presence was most likely overwhelming to them.

"Everyone, thank you for coming. With that, the club fair is over. We will now open the reception area for anyone interested in joining. The reception area will only be open until the end of April, so anyone interested after then can bring applications directly to the club." The chairman said to us before he also got off the stage.

His words also helped the students ease up more as well as the tense atmosphere slowly disappeared. After which the representatives opened the reception area for their clubs.

"Oi, what's wrong?" Ayanokoji asked Horikita as she still didn't move.

Guess she couldn't handle the pressure that he was exuding or maybe it's something else entirely.

"Oh, Ayanokouji-kun. You also came?" The voice of Sudo caught my attention as I looked at his direction.

Sudo appeared alongside Ike and Yamauchi. It seems that the three of them became friends easily. Though I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

"You two are friends?" I asked Ayanokoji.

"Not necessarily but I guess you can say that. His name is Sudo Ken." Ayanokoji said as he introduced him to me.

"Yo. You're name is Aaron right. Ike told me about you." Sudo said as he looked at me.

"Good to know. Came to join a club?" I asked him.

"Yea. I’ve been playing basketball since elementary school. I think I’ll continue here too." Sudo said as he looked at me.

"It looks like you three are getting along well." Ayanokoji said as he looked at the trio.

"Sudo looks like someone who has interest in sports but what about you two?" I asked the other two as I looked at them.

"We just came because it seemed fun and exciting. I also hoped some kind of fateful encounter would happen." Ike said with a smile while also telling us his goal.

"The hell, what do you mean by a fateful encounter?" Ayanokoji asked him after hearing his goal.

"My first objective is to make a girlfriend. So, I was hoping that a fateful encounter would happen here." Ike said as he crossed his arms proudly.

I don't think a girl would want to be with him if he keeps on talking that he wants a girlfriend. The girls would most likely think that he's a pervert and keep their distance.

"Also, that student council president has a strong aura. As if he ruled the place." Ike said as he looked at us.

"Right? He was able to silence everyone." Ayanokoji said to his words.

"Yea, yea. Also, I made a male group chat yesterday. Do you two want to join too? It’s pretty convenient." Ike said as he took out his phone.

"Sure. I don't have a problem." I said as I took out my phone.

"Eh, is that fine?" Ayanokoji asked him.

"Of course. We’re all a part of class D after all." Ike said with a shrug.

As he said that I saw Horikita move and vanish into the crowd. I didn't know where she went but I didn't pursue her. It's her choice where she wants to go and I have interest in finding it out.

"What’s wrong?" Ike asked Ayanokoji who is looking at where Horikita went.

"No… it’s nothing. Let’s exchange numbers." Ayanokoji said as he took out his phone.

After that the two of us exchanged numbers with the three and were added to the chat group.

Well, let's see how things will go here.

(A/N: Aaron harem suggestions: Fuka, Sae, Airi, Hiyori, Haruka, Ichinose, Horikita Suzune, Nazuna, Ibuki, Chie. Mako Amikura, Kamuro Kasumi. Maya Sato, Chiaki Matsushita. Suggestions are still open.
Ayanokoji harem suggestions: Arisu, Ichika, Kei.
Could you guys rate the amount of intelligence in giving the MC, I would like to know your opinion.
Thanks for reading my book.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 653 59
Kurushima Kaoru, a person with unique circumstances, decided to enroll at the Advanced Nurturing High School. But unlike his peers, he isn't there fo...
31.5K 692 8
Reactions from all the years to Ayanokoujis life, quotes or just general stuff So basically a reaction fic like almost everyone has done Still, I try...
78.6K 2.5K 11
It's been heavily requested, so it's been done! A God has summoned the entire COTE school to an unknown location where there's a large theater. The g...
86.1K 2.6K 19
Shiroi Kaslana is an extraordinary individual, capable of feats that surpass the abilities of any other prodigy. Possessing a stunning intellect from...