𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

By earth2reya

He'd never met anyone like that before, you know, kind, thoughtful, selfless. So when he did he knew he could... More

i.
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18

3

3.5K 192 54
By earth2reya

It's been four days since.... Well, you know, and Inaja hadn't seen Isaiah since. She felt bad about it, and it only got worse once she remembered how much she liked it. Still, she wasn't geekin over no kiss and definitely not over another man. She already had one. Now to tell him that.

Inaja stepped out of her white Toyota Supra wearing a pink hoodie and sweatpants paired with white sneakers.

Her hair in a high pony that swung back and forth as she walked into the large building. East8 had to be atleast twenty floors. The inside was bustling, with known faces and platinum records on the walls were expensive african American art wasn't hung.

Inaja walks up to the receptionist and says "Hi! I'm here to pick up my boyfriend. Malik?"

The ginger receptionist stared at her like she was stupid for what had to be a minute before gasping as she states with a bubbly tone "Ohhhh! Yea they're on floor 12, room 230."

Inaja just smiled and nodded as she made her way to the elevator, truthfully a bit nervous. She googled Isaiah one night with Maia and he was big, to say the least. Brunch with The Carters big.

She stepped out the elevator, quickly finding room 230, and before she could knock someone opens the door and leaves.

Inaja let's herself in and says "Sorry if I'm interrupting something, I just came to pick up Malik." Completely ignoring thes way Isaiah was eyeing her down.

Malik's grabs his Fiji water bottle and walks past Inaja as he says "Nah I gotta talk to ray about that beat, I got some new ideas. Don't go no where." and Inaja watches as he rushes out the studio.

"You look nice today ma."

Inaja turns around again, meeting Isaiah's eyes. "Oh! Thank you?" She didn't wear anything special, just sweats, so she didn't understand why he went out of his way to compliment her like that. Doesn't matter though, she had more important matters to attend to.

"Isaiah about the kiss- I didnt't mean for either of us to be in that position. I have a boyfriend and it was wrong of me to let that happen. I do appreciate you for the ride though, and keeping my secret."

He looks down at her with an unreadable expression for a moment until he responds "Aight."

"Aight?" She repeated, raising her eyebrows.

"Aight. I'm not gone push it, I respect that."

He notices a frown, still on her face, and asks "Why you still frowning so much?" It was cute, but knowing something bothered her pissed him off.

"I feel bad. Or guilty. Or both? Ugh." She fiddles with the car keys in her hand and he abruptly chuckles, causing her to crack a smile. "It's not funny, seriously!"

"It was one kiss. It ain't gone happen again if you don't want it too. You worry too much." Surprisingly, this calms her down a bit.

His eyes widen a bit as he feels her arms wrap around his neck into a gentle hug. He'll placed his arm on her waist and could smell her signature perfume more clearly due to him being sober. It was a light peach fragrance and he couldn't get enough of it. He generally hated sweet scents but it just.. suited her, If that makes sense.

She lets go and Malik comes up at the doorway saying "Come on. What you doing??" Inaja then waves bye as she leaves with Malik and Isaiah watches her ponytail bounce away.

Inaja buckles her seatbelt as Malik says "The fuck? Why you smell like some nigga?" Inaja then realizes Isaiah's cologne must've stuck to her, she wasn't even thinking about that.

"I, uh... I'm trying a new perfume." She starts the car and drives off hearing him say "Nah don't wear that shit no more." She hated taking orders but they had a whole fight at one point about her not respecting him so she just lets him have his way. It was way better then dealing with his anger issues.

After going to lunch with Maia and checking in on the hospital It was now five past nine.

Inaja had just finished making fried chicken, Mac and cheese, collard greens, and cornbread when she heard a rushed knock at the door.

She hurries to the door in a lilac colored silk bonnet, a white wifebeater, and grey Calvin Klein boxers. She opens it, entirely surprised to see Isaiah holding his cat.

"He ain't stop coughing since I came home and ion know what to do." Inaja opens the door wider, inviting him in, then locks it after him. He puts the cat on the couch and Inaja examines him.

After a few short moments she laughs as she says "It's just a cold, he should be better in about a week but I'd recommend getting cold medicine to ease the pain. You know it's been raining a lot lately, that's probably how he got it in the first place." A loud thunder claps and Isaiah sighs slightly relieved.

He sees the food on the stove and asks "You cookin?" Inaja gets up, washes her hands in the kitchen, then says "Yea, it's just some comfort food. I'll make you a plate."

He walks up to the stove and the smell of old fashioned soul food immediately hit his nose. "Damn. You know you ain't gotta make me a plate, I should get going anyways."

"You know how bad them roads are, I'm surprised you even drove." She grabs two plates and walks up to him infront of the stove then adds "Plus you drooling all over my stove. Sit down while I make these plates!"

"Yea aight." He laughs and sits on a stool behind the kitchen island and watches her fix their plates. You'd think he was bored, but not in the slightest. He loved her body and you could see it the best when she was wearing more fitted clothes.

You could also see faded bruises that are still healing.

His eyebrows furrowed and she turns around placing his plate infront of him before putting hers down. She notices his expression and slightly tilts her head as she asks "What?"

"You good?" She's unsure of what he's referring to until she remembers her still healing bruises. She gets them some water bottles as she responds "Yea, animals aren't always the most cooperative so."

She shrugs and quickly changes the subject as she says "Come on, taste it. I know you want to." He chuckles as her taunting tone and bites into the fried chicken thigh before bluntly going "Damn??" She proudly giggles, eating her food, and he tastes the sides next.

"Fuck you can cook, Ion know too many people who can make comfort food right." Inaja rips off a piece of chicken, eating it, after she says "You don't get tired of it? You know, after having more expensive meals?"

Isaiah laughs and says "Nah baby. A lotta that expensive shit tastes like ass. You ever heard of Escargot?" She shakes her head no and he takes a bite of his cornbread before saying "It's snail, in the shell."

"Who would want that??" She laughs at how stupid of a meal it is and he shrugs, smiling.

"Who taught you to cook? Ya moms?"

Inaja drinks a sip of her water and says "No actually, it was Gio. His mama would offer me food all the time but my ma would take it back, so eventually Gio just taught me how to use the stove."

"She'd take it back?"

"Yea. We didn't have a lot of food in the house so we- or, I was always hungry. My ma wasn't really fit to be taking care of a kid."

Inaja hadn't realize the somewhat dark turn the conversation had taken, and when she did the air was already filled with a heavy silence.

"I wasn't trying to bring down the mood or anything, it's just.. you asked." She puts her plate away as he says "Nah I get it. I like knowing about you."

She puts his plate away as well and goes "You know most people would ask about their favorite color or tv show."

"Aight then. What's ya favorite tv show?"

She thinks, then eventually smiles and says "Grey's anatomy, definitely." He laughs as she comes around the island and he questions "That show about doctors? Don't it got a hundred seasons or some shit?"

Inaja Grabs the remote as she excitedly retorts "A hundred seasons of messy ass white folks drama, you'll love it." Isaiah groans, doubtfully and she grabs his hand, leading him towards the couch as she says "I promise, if you don't we can watch whatever you want!"

Two hours flew by and Isaiah found himself watching one episode after the other. Before they knew it they were halfway through season one.

"How is his ass still licensed?? She ain't even gone sue??? Nah play the next episode." Inaja laughs and looks at him with a face ready to gloat.

"You wanna say I told you so don't you?" She nods as she says "Reaallyy bad. But I'll let you slide just for tonight." He sucks his teeth and she laughs, playing episode six.

They ended up finishing the first season all in one night, with both of them falling asleep by the season finale.

He said he was gone respect her relationship, and that the kiss didn't mean anything, but he knew he was lying. He wanted her bad. She wasn't one of those girls you could buy with a couple birkins and he loved that.

Inaja turns over in her sleep and hears a raspy voice go "stop all that moving." She remembers the last night and immediately wakes up, only to find herself sleeping in his lap.

Inaja pokes his cheek as she says "Zay wake up- Isaiah-" she sits up as he opens his eyes and she checks the clock as it read '8:17'.

"Shit I gotta be there at nine! I'm gonna be late if I don't hurry up-" she rushes to the bathroom to brush her teeth and he says "You got work?" Inaja hums 'mhm' as her tooth brush is in her mouth.

"I'll drive you, I got a meeting anyways." She finishes brushing her teeth and says "I gotta take a quick shower and redo my hair, you don't mind waiting?" He looked down at her lips, then licked his then shakes his head No as he states "I don't mind."

He goes to heat up the car and Inaja smiles thinking about the other night. Yea he was attractive... very attractive, but they were just friends and she hadn't had any male friends besides Gio before so she was excited regardless.

He cared about her interests, constantly complimented her even when it wasn't necessary, and respected her decisions. At this point, she was wondering Malik was even worth all the pain and trouble. What they had seemed to be long gone and he wasn't who she fell in love with.

If she was going to leave his ass, it was going to be for her. Not just because someone else treated her better.

WOMP WOMP! I know I lowkey went ghost after publishing this, you ain't gotta call me out! I was rejuvenating my artistic fingertips luh sexies 🤭🤭🤭

I got a ton of shit planned for this story so just sit back and LET BIG PAPA COOK 👨🏿‍🍳!

In the meantime, drop TV suggestions if you want! I need a new fav show bad 🦦

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 40.6K 48
"Know it's hard to trust but we've been through to much shit, we can't give up." Risk It All On Love.
1.1M 48.3K 31
Found myself in bed with both, intimacy was strong and I couldn't let go.
40.4K 1K 16
𝗜 𝗳𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗶𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸, 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗔𝗹𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸...
108K 4.1K 33
Everyone knew who he was and they all feared him. Except her. He had finally met his match in more ways that one.