Safe With Me ~ Fred Weasley

Von mahduhlyn

"Your dad gave you this?" I nodded, still not looking at the necklace. "Your dad did that to your neck." He s... Mehr

September First
Tommy
Kitchen Runs
The Weasley Twins
Confusion
The Boggart
The Welcome Back Party
Pranks
Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor
Like the Sun
The One Eyed Witch
Dementors
Black's Break in
Don't Ignore Me
Hufflepuff vs Ravenclaw
Dementor Lessons
Hogsmeade
Happy Christmas
Christmas Eve
Christmas
Bruises
Cordially Invited
Expecto Patronum
I Got You Hurt
Slytherin vs Ravenclaw
The Astronomy Tower
Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw
Birthday Gifts
A Happy Memory
Birthday Party
Thirty Feet Up
Exams
Lupin's Resignation
The Burrow
Missing
Summer
Shopping Spree
Admit It
Lake Day
Hide and Seek
Charlie
Under the Stars
Happy Birthday
DeGnoming
Perfect
The Cemetery
Mr. Olsen
Harry's Arrival
The Portkey
The World Cup
The End of Summer
Back To Hogwarts
Unforgivable Curses
The Tri-Wizard Tournament
The Goblet of Fire
The First Task
The Yule Ball
Rejection
The Ball
The First Happy Christmas
The Second Task
Jealousy, Jealousy
Orchideous
Mrs. Weasley
The Last Will & Testament
He Was Happy
Back Home
Percy
Losing a Brother
12 Grimmauld Place
The Order
Prefects
Umbridge
Detention
Dumbeldore's Army
Banned
Christmas at Grimmauld Place
Educational Decree #26
Acedemic Achievement
Caught
Departure
Give Her Hell From Us, Peeves
OWLs
The Inquisitorial Squad
Level 9: Department of Mysteries
Black Sheep
Weasley Wizard Wheezes
I Want You
September
Slytherin
Invisible
Christmas at the Burrow
Nott
The Phoenix Lament
Seventeen
Saintlike
The Wedding
The Ministry Has Fallen
The Carrows
Selwyn
Potterwatch
A Small Christmas
The Room of Requirement
Disappearing Act
The Battle
Fireworks

Crucio

3.8K 106 34
Von mahduhlyn

I dabbed the now-red cloth over the slice along Maddie's arm, wincing each time she hissed in discomfort. It had been nearly a month now, nearly a month of silent hallways, nauseating lessons and watching all of my classmates head to bed each night with new cuts and bruises.

"Will you finally stop mouthing off now?" Bri asked from the arm of the couch behind Maddie, her singular bruise from the second week of lessons now almost entirely fading from her skin.

"It's not that easy, Brianna." Maddie shot back, "The shit they talk about is disgusting, it makes me sick to my stomach - Careful, Cassidy!" She whined.

"Yet Hannah and Cassidy have both managed to avoid giant slashes in their skin..." Bri mentioned, my stomach dropping before Maddie had even spoken.

"They're Sacred 28, even if they're only half. Cassidy's mum is a bloody death eater, you think they're going to lay a finger on her?" She shouted into the emptying common room, my hand falling from her now clean cut.

"Maddie!" Bri's eyes were wide and stern, an almost McGonagall look taking over her face as Maddie's expression fell back to normal, brown eyes shooting to mine.

"Shit, I'm... Cass, I'm sorry."

I shook my head, vanishing the bloody cloth from the table and climbing to my feet.

"It's not fair." I muttered, "I don't want to be treated like them. I don't want to be lumped in with Malfoy and Nott and all of them."

"You're not." Bri promised, setting a hand on my shoulder before I pulled from her reach.

"I'm... I'm going to bed." I nodded a goodnight to my roommates and hurried up the steps, glancing towards the windows quickly as I shut the door, holding back my sigh at the familiar sight. No Chip. No Errol. No owls of any kind had greeted me all term, aside from the three trips Chip had returned from empty handed, waiting patiently for a bite of cracker before flying off towards the owlery again.

They were fine. They were just busy. Or worse, in hiding. That's why they couldn't write. But they were fine.

The Daily Prophet was delivered to Hannah every day, the four of us scouring over each page for any clues from the outside world, despite knowing that nothing of importance would show up in the paper, not these days. Still, the death of a Weasley... They were still Sacred 28, which was becoming rapidly more clear by the day, was one of the only things that mattered anymore. They would have to mention it.

I threw the blankets over myself, turning away from the window and forcing my eyes shut. Molly would have written. She would have written by now, even if it wasn't a terrifying time. Even if we weren't in a war. She would have written something by now, a new recipe she'd been working on, a deal she'd gotten at the market on a color-changing yarn, checking in on Ginny.

Fred would have written. He promised.

"Oh, my God." Bri's eyes were wide as they flicked over the front page of the prophet, everyone within earshot spun towards her, heart's stopped.

"What? Who?" I breathed, reaching for the paper before she flattened it to the table, a photo of a destroyed Ministry of Magic taking up most of the page, papers flying through the atrium, the title in large bold letters at the top:

MINISTRY CONFIRMS SIGHTING: UNDESIRABLE NO. 1 AND ASSOCIATES

At the bottom of the page were two large pictures of Harry and Hermione. "Wanted for questioning regarding the death of Albus Dumbledore." I scoffed, craning my head to read the words beneath the pictures.

"What does it say? Where were they seen?" Maddie begged Bri who launched into reading from the top.

"In a press release late last night, Ministry officials confirmed the recent rumors regarding a break in to the Ministry earlier last week. Officials stated that at least three employees working actively in the ministry were ambushed on their walk into work. From there, it is believed that the intruders gained access to the ministry posing as these employees with the use of polyjuice potion. It is unknown what their goal was in infiltrating the Ministry of Magic, though they certainly made a mess of the place upon their leave.

No one was harmed, though a top Ministry official has confirmed that he saw Harry Potter, current undesirable number one, along with who he believes to have been Hermione Granger. Granger, a muggleborn witch, is currently on the run after missing her muggleborn registration appointment and refusal to return to Hogwarts this year for it's mandatory attendance."

"They broke in to the Ministry of Magic?" Hannah's jaw was practically at the floor, the chatter growing louder around us as everyone made their way through the article.

"What do you think they were looking for?" Bri asked, her eyes on me as I shrugged.

"I don't know, Bri. I don't know anything." I shook my head, reaching for the paper and flipping through the pages quickly, a small segment on the death of an author near the last page, though the rest was dull weather forecasts and job openings.

"I'll be right back. And I expect my blueberry muffin to be untouched." I shot Maddie a warning look and grinned, resisting the urge to aim a particular finger my direction as the staff table was nearly full. I rushed towards the Gryffindor table, a pang of sadness hitting my chest as I thought of this table two years ago. There was no laughter, no gossip, no pranks. No twins. Just hushed conversations as students hurried through breakfast.

I spotted Ginny at once, at the very edge of the table with some seventh years. Neville, Seamus, and Luna Lovegood huddled together, the gashes lining Neville's face and arms growing more severe by the week, Seamus now sported a few to match. Luna's face seemed thankfully clear, though her arms were lined with bruises.

"Gin- Merlin, Ginny!" I cupped one hand over my mouth to keep from shouting as I took the empty spot beside the red head. Her arms, like Luna's were covered with bruises, a large purple shape forming beneath her eye, a few slices matching Neville's lined her cheek. "What the hell happened?"

She rolled her eyes, wincing as she did so before responding. "Same thing that's happening to everyone else, Cassidy, what are you on about?"

"Ginny, you... You should have told me-"

"Thought you knew." She shrugged, her eyes sliding along my face and I could practically hear her thoughts. No scars. No wounds. "What, I'm going to come find you so you can report back to Fred? It's fine."

My heart lurched at his name, remembering why I was over here so early.

"You've heard from him then? The twins?" I pressed, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"What? No, not yet. They usually don't write me, especially now they've been so busy... Wait... Fred hasn't been writing you?"

I shook my head. "Not yet."

"Not once?" Her eyes were wide now, her mind racing to the place mine had been for weeks now.

"I haven't gotten anything. From anyone. Have you heard from your parents?" I could feel the hope sliding back down my throat as her face fell.

"No, I just... I guess I hadn't realized... I mean, I hadn't written them, so I thought..." She turned towards the others. "Have you guys been getting letters?"

"Oh yes, Dad wrote me just last week. He told me he would keep me updated on the Humdingers in our yard before the winter comes." Luna answered, obviously unaware of Ginny's worry.

"I got a letter from Gran second week of term, but nothing since then, though I haven't written her either." Neville admitted, offering Ginny a sad glance.

"I've gotten nothin', but that's a bit usual. Mum doesn't really send owls, and Dad's not much of a writer." Seamus added as Ginny turned her eyes to me.

"I'm going to go write Mum and Dad before class, see if I get a response."

"Wait, Gin... you don't have time, please. I don't want you late to class." I pulled her back to her spot, remembering Zacharias's body slamming into the stone wall.

"Again." Luna mentioned, lazily as Ginny shot her a look.

"Again? Ginny, please, you've got to be more careful!"

"Okay, Mum!" She replied, shooting Luna a look.

"Maybe Cassidy can help us with the plan?" Luna spoke again, her eyes shining bright compared to the rest of the students these days.

"What plan?" I asked, scanning over the Gryffindors.

"Well..." Neville started, a grin seeping onto his lips. "We were all talking the other day, about how dreadful term is getting. You know, lessons are awful now, no one's having any fun, The Carrows are-"

"Awful." Seamus added quickly.

"So we figured, Hogwarts might need something to stir up a little excitement. You know, like when Fred and George were here." Neville finished with a smile, though I had already begun shaking my head.

"No. No, this isn't... I mean... it is a bit like Umbridge. But it's different. They had a plan to leave, they were never going to let her hurt them. The Carrows, Snape, will hurt us. We'll be punished."

"Oh, yeah, like they'll punish you. What's the opposite of a golden girl? You're her." Seamus chuckled, Neville shooting him a glare to shut him up.

"Snape is exactly our target." Luna smiled, "It was Ginny's idea, we're going to steal Gryffindor's sword."

My gaze shot to Ginny who looks ready to bash her head onto the table before her.

"Ginny, no." I spoke, warningly, "I don't even know how you were planning to do this, but-"

"It's Harry's." She shot me a serious look. "You know it, Dumbledore left it to him, and the Ministry wouldn't give it to him, because they know he needs it-"

"Even if you can get it, Ginny, what are you going to do with it? Strap it to Pig and send it to the Burrow?"

"No, Pig's way too small. I was going to give it to Chip." She said, sarcastically. Neville ran a hand over his mouth, stifling a laugh into a cough.

"Ginny, I'm begging you. You already have more than enough bruises. Don't do this."

"Let's go, Luna. Class." Ginny pulled her friend from her spot, racing towards the hallway and leaving me, for the first time all year, thankful that Fred might not be getting my letters.

"So it was okay?" I nudged Neville again, the two of us hurrying up the flight of steps before it shuddered beneath our feet, hovering towards the opposite wall. Neville had been messing with the small golden coin in his hands the entire walk, but looked up now, sliding the coin into his pocket.

"It was more than fine. Almost enjoyable. Detention with Hagrid, I don't know what Snape was thinking. That's our dream outcome."

I sighed, waiting as Neville muttered the password, both of us hopping inside the familiar warmth of the Gryffindor common room.

"Godric, I miss Harry. And Ron. And Hermione." He continued, glancing around the common room which was already filled with students, some blue and yellow ties dotting the couches.

"You're telling me."

He glanced towards me as we started towards Ginny and Luna. Hannah, Bri and Maddie already perched on one of the couches nearest the fireplace.

"Still haven't heard from anyone?" He asked, softly, taking a seat beside Ginny as I shook my head.

"You would know." He nodded, firmly, as if that was certain. "If something was wrong. You would know."

"Something is wrong." I muttered, the portrait hole slamming shut once more, the common room packed tight now, many students holding identical golden galleons as the one Neville had just tucked away minutes before.

"Alright, Longbottom, take us away." Maddie clapped Neville's shoulder a few times as he chuckled, looking around a bit shyly, taking in the crowd before him.

"Alright... Well... Thank you all for coming. I know I'm no Harry, but..." He stammered, his words trailing off as his eyes were lost in the crowd. I watched as Hannah leaned forward in her spot, meeting his eyes and offering him a small nod to continue. "Dumbledore's Army was formed the last time we had a terrible professor. And we're worse off now than we were then. I'd say."

There was a murmur of agreement through the room and Neville nodded to himself, "Harry's out there, somewhere. Fighting the good fight. And we don't know what he's doing, and we really don't know what we could do to help him. But what we can do is keep the death eaters that are here too occupied to help with anything out there. We can make their lives Hell, the way they're doing to us."

"And," Ginny added, waiting for the cheering to die down before going on, "We can learn. We can learn the things that they don't want to teach us, so we're ready for when things get bad. They can pretend all they want that this isn't war, that they've already won, that there's no point in picking sides. But there is, and if you're in this room tonight, I hope you're on the right one..."

The students around us shouted once more, grinning up to Ginny and Neville who shared a small smile.

"Now, obviously, we can't have meetings here. It's too hard for non-Gryffindor's to get up here without being spotted, much less getting back down close to curfew. Not to mention it's way too small."

"The Room of Requirement!" One of the Ravenclaw girls shouted, as if it had just come to her.

"Neville's been working on it." Ginny replied, "We want to make sure it's absolutely solid before we move everyone in there. We can't let a repeat of last time happen. If they find out, if they can get in-"

"I've nearly got it. You just have to be really particular about what you say to get the door to open for you. I'm working through the loop holes it's giving me right now, but I should have a script for you all to memorize soon. You'll have to say the exact right words. And if I'm right, it'll keep all Death Eaters out, even students."

I sighed, a feeling of relief flooding through my veins as I pulled my legs beneath me, leaning back into the couch as Neville and Ginny continued their plans.

"It'll be easier now, they've cancelled quidditch and Hogsmeade. We've got nothing but time." Ginny grumbled, the room breaking up into hushed chatter for a few moments. The first Hogsmeade trip would have usually been next weekend, though they had announced the cancellation of both activities a few weeks ago, most likely as another way to keep spirits low.

"Keep an eye on your coins, we'll announce the first meeting sometime this week." Neville ordered, "Probably best if everyone gets back to their dorms before curfew. Maybe go in small groups so we don't arouse suspicion."

We started towards the portrait, waiting a few minutes between each group that set out into the halls.

"Are you ever going to talk to him, Hannah?" I asked, knowingly, Hannah's face blanching as she nearly missed a step down the stairs.

"Who?" She stuttered, "I talk to him."

"Are you ever going to flirt with him?" Maddie corrected, earning a slap from Hannah who hurried to catch Bri a few steps below us, the dark haired girl slinging an arm around the blonde's shoulders as we raced towards the Hufflepuff dorms.

I let the door fall shut behind me, the last one of our group to slip into Defense Against the Dark Arts. Or, Dark Arts, as it should be called now. I didn't think I had heard the word Defense from Amycus's mouth all term.

While this had once been one of my favorite classes, the lessons were usually interesting enough, it was now tied for the worst. While Muggle Studies had become truly revolting, every week hearing a new lecture based on the death eater's backward views, Amycus was even creepier than his sister, and the way that his eyes lit up while discussing the horrific curses we were learning left me uneasy, remembering some of the nastier curses the death eaters had thrown in the Department of Mysteries.

"Good afternoon, class." Amycus's lips curled into a sort of smile as he looked out on the students. "I'm excited to announce that I have an interesting lesson for you today. A more hands on approach."

He gestured towards his desk where a small student was stood, cowering and wand-less. My stomach sank as Amycus stepped towards the boy, pulling him to the center of the room.

"As Deputy Headmasters, Professor Carrow and myself have decided that the discipline at Hogwarts has been severely lacking. Obviously, scrubbing out cauldrons and polishing trophies is doing you no good, and why should we punish the way that muggles do? If we want people to learn, we must leave a more lasting impression."

I watched as the third year's chest rose and fell rapidly, never meeting the professor's eyes, his own trained to the floor.

"Miss Selwyn? Why don't we have you come up here." Amycus announced, the class spinning towards me, and I could hear my heart beat in my ears. I stood slowly, the walk to the front felt never ending before I reached the third year. He looked to my eyes at last, his own filled with fear and I offered him a small smile. "Miss Selwyn, you'll remember how we learned about what the Ministry refers to as 'Unforgivable Curses.'"

"That's not my name." I bit back, annoyance seeping into my words. They couldn't just change my name at will, I was 17, they needed my permission. Surely that was the law, even in the wizarding world.

"I quite think that the Ministry is close to a decision on the use of the so-called 'unforgivable curses.' You see, they're really quite useful, and they certainly may be of use for us today. Miss Selwyn, if you'll please. I'd like one cruciatus curse, for Grant here, who thought it would be funny to light a stink bomb off in the third floor corridor yesterday."

My jaw fell open, a few of the Hufflepuff's from the back muttering between themselves as the Slytherin's eyes gleamed from the front rows.

"It's illegal." I finally found my voice, Amycus rolling his eyes.

"I've just told you, the Ministry is changing it's view on these curses-"

"Changing, not changed." I pushed.

"Don't talk back, girl. Where are your manners?"

Tears were slipping from the Gryffindor boy's eyes now as he watched me, shaking his head back and forth in a silent plea.

"I'm not hurting a child because he pulled a prank. That's what kids do."

"I'm not asking, Selwyn." Amycus's eyes narrowed. "I presume this will be your first attempt at this curse? Better from you than someone more... practiced." He smirked, his eyes flickering towards where Crabbe and Goyle were snickering.

"You're insane." I spoke louder now, not caring about the spark in the death eater's eye which was growing with my every word. "Wait until the parents find out about this, about everything. They'll shut the school down."

"Silence." Amycus flicked his wand towards me, the breath leaving my lungs as I was flung back onto the stone, sinking to the floor, the third year letting out a small whine as Amycus pushed him aside, stooping before me, "Your mother told us all about your upbringing. Your supposed father, what he did to you and your brother." He spat his words down at me, spit landing on my skin. "So why do you side with them? You've seen how they are? You don't have to fight it anymore, it is your birth right."

I opened my mouth to answer, though my lungs still felt empty of air as Amycus straightened back up, looking out at the class.

"I guess I will need two more volunteers, as Miss Selwyn is unable to perform her classwork. Anyone?"

I could barely see through the spots dotting my vision, every Hufflepuff student's eyes locked on mine as a few Slytherin students shifted anxiously in their seats.

"Everyone will have a chance to practice this spell by the end of term. Everyone." He glanced to the back of the room, menacingly. "Malfoy. And Nott." He nodded, the two boys from the front row stepping towards him.

"Grant, for his detention. And Selwyn, for disobeying a direct order from the Deputy Headmaster." Amycus spoke lazily, returning to his spot beside his desk as Draco and Theo's eyes met.

"Professor... I thought... Her mother." Theo started, his words never sounding so trapped in his mouth.

"Her mother will understand. We must correct her before she is too far gone." Amycus nodded to the boys. "Get on with it, we're wasting valuable class time."

Draco's eyes met mine and I tried to crawl towards the third year again, wanting him away from Theo. "Don't." I breathed, gray eyes flicking to the floor as he began to shake his head, stepping backwards towards the desk he had just vacated.

"Malfoy." Amycus shot him a warning glance. "You'd hate to embarrass your father... again."

"I... I can't." He stuttered, his voice no more than a whisper. Behind him, Crabbe and Goyle were wearing matching expressions of pure shock, watching as their fearless leader backed down from an order they so obviously would have loved to complete.

"This is an embarrassment. I'll have to alert your father, and... everyone... back at the Manor." Amycus reveled in Malfoy's pale face, his eyes refusing to meet anyone's. "Crucio." He swung his wand towards Draco who's body crumpled at once to the floor, a single piercing scream echoed through everyone's ears before he collapsed into a fit of whining, his body still trembling against the stone.

A few students were on their feet now, watching the blonde as he gasped in heaving breaths, fists clenched against the floor. Amycus's spell had been quick, much faster than my mother's at the Ministry, although I wondered if it was his intention not to harm Draco, or whether Draco had grown used to the torture...

"Nott." Amycus's voice was low now, a collective shiver surrounding the class. "Finish up our class, will you? Time's nearly up."

My gaze landed on Theo's, his mouth twisted into a grimace for only a second before he tore his eyes from our professor, raising his wand towards the blonde boy stood before him. His curse mingled with my protest as the red light burst forward, striking the small boy in the chest, his scream silencing the gasps of our classmates. Amycus wore a twisted smile as his eyebrows raised towards the brunette.

"One more." His voice was laced with glee as Theo's dark eyes turned towards me, the life draining from his face. I watched as they flickered between Draco on the ground, his wand quivering in his hand. "Mr. Nott, do it or I will-"

"Crucio." His words were rushed, my mind freezing as I watched the red light appear before me, a scream echoing through the room which I soon recognized as my own. The feeling tore through me once again, as if the spell was racing through my veins, shredding them from the inside, and though both of Theo's spells had been brief, the pain lingered after his wand was back at his side.

"I want two pages on the benefits of the Cruciatus curse for next week," Amycus drawled, pulling the door open as a few students began to hastily pack up their things. "And the next time I ask for a volunteer, I expect hands in the air, and I expect that they'll be stronger than Mr. Nott's attempts." The door slammed behind him as he left, Maddie, Bri and Hannah at my side before I even registered the noise.

"Cassidy," Maddie whimpered, her hand going beneath my arm, pulling back as I groaned. "Hey, look at us."

I blinked a few times, the light from the classroom was nearly blinding, where it had been so easily ignored minutes ago.

"I'm fine. I'm fine, really." I muttered through clenched teeth, allowing Ernie and Justin to help me to my feet, ignoring the aching in my legs as I leaned against the closest desk. "Will you... help..." I trailed off, forgetting whether Amycus had ever told us the third year's name. I nodded twice towards his still crumpled body as the boys launched over to him, pulling him up between the two of them and starting towards the hallway.

"Go make sure they get to the hospital wing please." I said, softly, my friend's eyes going wide. "Make sure they get past the Carrows."

"We're not leaving you, Cassidy, you were just-" Hannah trailed off as I met her eyes, glancing down at Draco who had pulled himself to the corner of the room, eyes trained on the floor, his face sunken.

"Then will you wait outside?" I muttered, shifting my weight off from the table as the door clicked shut, Bri's eyes meeting mine one last time before they were out of sight. I trudged towards the blonde behind the desk and dropped to the floor, sighing in relief as the ache dulled in my legs.

"What do you want Olsen?" He muttered, his voice sounding perfectly normal, while I felt like mine never would again. I could still hear the single piercing scream that had rung through the room not five minutes before.

"Let's go to the Hospital Wing. Come on." My voice was practically a whisper as he scoffed in reply.

"For what. What are they gonna do for us?"

"I don't..." I trailed off, remembering the sleeping draught I had been offered during the last few days of fifth year. I wouldn't be needing that, now. I felt sure that if I shut my eyes, I would be asleep against the wall. "I don't know."

He didn't speak again, though he made no move to get up and leave the room, although with every passing minute I was more and more aware that Amycus might return.

"Why didn't you just do what he asked?" I whispered. "It was going to happen anyway."

"It's still illegal. I'm not going to Azkaban for you, Olsen."

I held back the scoff that bubbled in my throat. The thought of any of the Death Eaters of their children being put away when the entire Ministry and the prison guards were at their beck and call was no where near comedic. I really did need the sleep.

"Was that..." I paused, knowing better than to ask the question, yet deciding to ask it all the same. "That wasn't your first time, was it?"

His eyes finally met mine, his lips pulled into the familiar scowl. "Mind your own business." He bit back a groan as he pushed off from the floor, rushing towards the door and letting it slam behind him.

A/N: I've had so many sweet messages/comments from everyone and I so so appreciate it as well as the comments telling me it's okay to take my time with writing! You guys are the best, I swear!

Also, this is the 100th Chapter and I can't believe it!! Thank you all for the support and I'm going to try to get started on another chapter tonight so you won't have to wait as long for the next update!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

40.8K 1.3K 30
*completed* *** Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, A smile, A kind word, A listening ear, An honest compliment, Or the smallest act of...
2.2M 61.5K 68
Hanging over George's back, you grunted, "Seriously, put me down, Weasley." He shook his head and laughed gleefully while he carried you downstairs...
23.8K 566 38
"You're a good friend, Hermione." She narrowed her eyes at him. "So we're on a first-name basis now?" He shrugged. "I feel it's only fair after spend...
602K 16.1K 112
"Darling, Quiet. Don't want to be caught now do we?" Y/n Bardot, a troubled girl swallowed in desires, problems and potential. She craves nothing mor...