What The Future Holds| XO Ste...

Od jeremiahfisherfan

Callie Elizabeth Fisher was everything like her mother. The way Susannah always made sure everyone was taken... Viac

Chapter 002 Sounds Very Susannah
Chapter 003 Happy Fucking Birthday
Chapter 004 Nothing Says Happy 4th Like A Boyfriend.
Chapter 005 Mommy, I Know The Truth
Chapter 006 Im So Sick Of 19
Chapter 007 Prom Was A Fucking Mess
Chapter 008 Do You Want A Cookie?
Chapter 009 Goodbye With A Rose
Chapter 010 Sorry To Interrupt Your Little Moment
Chapter 011 I Promise
Chapter 012 Cant You Just Try
Chapter 013 Shoot Your Shot
Chapter 014 Party In The U.S.A
Chapter 15 Laurel
Chapter 16 You Never Know What The Future Holds

Chapter 001 Before Everything Got Fucked

4.5K 36 5
Od jeremiahfisherfan

(A/N: hello, before you start reading I just want to mention a disclaimer that I DO NOT own any characters or plots of The Summer I Turned Pretty. I own Callie Fisher. This Steven story is also kind of a slow burn bc I really want everyone to see Callie and I want to take my time with her character development. TW:this story features talk about cancer so if you have to pass, I understand and hope another story of mine crosses your path. Without further adue, enjoy the story and tell me what you think!)

FACE CLAIM(this is what I was thinking Callie would look like but feel free to imagineas yourself or someone else!)

(I got this photo off of Pinterest so I don't have a name but credit to her)

CHARACTERS
Sean Kaufman as Steven Conklin
Christopher Briney as Conrad Fisher
Gavin Casalegno as Jeremiah Fisher
Lola Tung as Belly Conklin
Rachel Blanchard as Susannah Fisher
Jackie Chung as Laurel Park
Rain Spencer as Taylor Jewel
(Everyone else as their respected characters)

🎶Playlist🎶
——————————-
Are We Still Friends? By Tyler The Creator
Daddy Issues by The Neighborhood
Sweet/I Thought You Wanted To Dance by Tyler The Creater ft. Brent Faiyaz & Fana Hues
Go Higher by Shana Falana
Fire For You by Cannons
Felling This Bad Never Felt So Great by Tai Verdes
Pretty Great by Fickle Friends
Best Interest by Tyler The Creator

"Callie we have to make sure the house is perfect, we can't have Laur expect anything less!" Mom said putting flowers in a vase.

"Okay, okay. Should I go get Connie from the beach? The Conklins will be getting in soon," I say already walking out of the kitchen.

"They're here!"

————————————————————————
"Hello? Earth the Callie? I said they're here" Steven said, waking me up from my daydream and pointing to his friends.

We had been in the Princeton library studying all day. My senior year and Stevens junior year. I had finished my final at Brown University three days before so I drove down to see Steven . We were supposed to go to some bar with his friends to celebrate them graduation.

"You good babe?" Steven asked throwing his arm over my shoulder.

It had been three years since my mom passed.
Her words still lingering in my head,

"Yea , yea just thinking about Jeremiah and
Connie."

Prologue

.............................................................................
I have been going to my family's beach house in Cousin's since before me and Conrad were born. Every summer my mother, my inspiration, Susannah brings us to my favorite place in the world. Cousin's Beach. The house would be filled to the brim with snacks, games, flowers, and love.

My favorite memory from the summer house was picking hydrangeas in our garden to bring to the homeless women's shelter, the garden my mother won awards for, the garden she put her whole soul into, working endlessly to leave her mark in the world.

The Conklins would come up to Cousins on the first day of summer, or at least that's the day summer started for our families.
Laurel, Belly, and Steven. Oh Steven, he is what I look forward to most of all.
.............................................................................

                           Summer of 2022
                         ——————————
When the Conklins arrived everyone rushed outside. I ran over to Belly giving her a huge hug. I had missed her almost more than Steven. She's the only person who isn't my mom or twin brother that I feel I can always talk to.

"Belly you have always been stunning but look at you!" I squealed jumping up and down.

It was true, she has always been beautiful, Conrad new it to.

Belly has had a crush on Conrad for as long as I can remember, Conrad has felt the same though nobody but I knew it.

I ran over to Laurel were Susannah and her were talking. I hugged and greeted her before heading to Steven.

"Cal that color suits you well," Steven said pointing to my pastel yellow dress.

It had been cold out earlier so I wore a sweater with it.

"And the Jordan 1's to you" I say smiling.
This boy looked great in everything.

"Shall we go inside?" My mother Susannah asked her.

She had a look on her face I have seen before. One that meant she had just been talking about Adam, our father.

This wasn't a good look and Connie noticed it as well, sharing a look with me.

The boys stayed outside to do a Belly flop. It had been a longing tradition in the summer house that they would throw her in the pool. I watched from the kitchen window laughing. Belly must have seen me because when she came in she was coming straight towards me.
She hugged me, getting me and my clothing wet. We laughed and laughed so more. I took her to her room and let her get settled.

"You're not staying in here with me?" Belly asked.

We had shared a room every summer. This year I thought it would be best to sleep in Susannah's room so Belly could grow, she was turning sixteen after all.

"We can still have plenty of sleep overs like we used to, I just felt you need your space." I said.

We agreed to the as Jeremiah, my little brother, made his way to Belly's room.

"Come on let's swim before dinner" Jeremiah said motioning to the door.

"I can't I have to go to Whale Of The Tale with my mom," Belly said.

"Oh no thats ok Bells I'll go with her, you two have fun!" I said telling her go swim.

Jeremiah and I walked out to let her change and I ran outside to see if my mom needed any help.

I have always been like this, making sure everyone is happy. I get it from her. But when I found out against her will, her cancer came back I was determined to make this summer easiest as possible for her. She didn't want anyone to know she was sick again.

Three years ago I was a freshman in high school and interning at my dads job. I was supposed to leave that night but when I got home I had realized I forgot my phone at the office. When I went back to get it I caught him with his secretary. He didn't see me, thank goodness. I was hurt, mad that he would do that while Susannah was going through chemo. Every week after that I checked his phone while he was sleeping.

Six weeks ago when I did my weekly check, I saw an email about cancer trails. My heart sunk to my feet.

As I was helping my mom fold towels by the pool Laurel came out.

"Me and Belly we're gonna go by Whale Of The Tail to pre sign stock but it seems she's ditched me for the ocean." Laurel said.

"Let her play we'll come with" Susannah offered.

"Mom we have to stop by the country club first." I reminded her.

We got in the car and stopped by the club. Laurel stayed behind because she hates the country club. I had to pick up a pay check from when life guarded last summer. I grabbed my check and we left. When we got back to home from Whale Of The Tale I helped mom prepare dinner, I try to do it myself but Susannah being Susannah has to help.

————————————————————————
"Steven I swear, if you look at that phone again I'm putting it in the screen basket!" Laurel said warning Steven, he didn't listen.

"It's just we want to see your beautiful faces, can't dinner be a screen free zone like the olden days?" My mom asked .

She was so angelic. Jeremiah grabbed his phone and through it to an empty chair basket ball style.

"Okay okay we get you've been working out" Steven complained.

"Your just jealous Jere has a better body than you!" Belly said causing me to choke on my water.

"No actually it's all about the lean look now, other wise you can't wear tailored suits" Steven said proudly.

"Tailored suits" me and Conrad said simultaneously.

"Okay twin telepathy. So Conrad when you leaving for football camp man?" Steven asked.

I knew what was about to happen and immediately grabbed Conrad's hand that was already open and waiting for mine.

"Uh he quit football" Jeremiah said sitting his glass down.

Way to let your brother speak for himself.

"Wait really you quit, I would kill to play college ball man," Steven said making the situation even more awkward.

We finish dinner in silence and I do the dishes before following Conrad to his room.

"I want you to be a better influence for Jeremiah this summer. Like no smoking pot in front of him or day drinking. I love you but I don't want him to do the same thing." I say desperately.

Jeremiah has always been the cub to my lion. I would protect him in any and every way.

"Yea whatever" Conrad said brushing me off.

As I walk to his door I say, "I'm serious Connie, please" and shut the door.

Later at around 10 I'm drinking left over wine from dinner, I was Surprised there was any left. The boy's came downstairs and we headed to the bonfire. I knew Belly wanted to come but I begged her not to, she always finds a way to embarrass herself and I don't want that for her.

...
When we got to the party I grabbed a water and chilled by the ocean, not drink because the boys volunteered me to be the DD. Even though I was gonna offer myself.

I wanted to hang out with Jeremiah and Steven but Steven had a girl on his arm. I knew her, Shayla Wang. She was nice but I didn't have an interest is being friends or even acquaintances. I got bored and decided to wait in the car for the boys but saw Belly.

"Shit" I mumbled to myself when I saw Jumper getting close the her.

Jumper had asked me out every summer for three summers. Part of me was glad he wasn't hassling me but the other half was mad it was Belly instead.

"She's fifteen you pedo" pushing Jumper away from her her.

I brought Belly to the spot I was at until a boy she knew came up. I gave Belly the 'I'll fight him away' look and she gave me the 'it's ok' look. I stood up and went to the car.

Before I could get there I found Conrad and Jumper fighting over a beer. Nicole, a girl Conrad has been making out with was trying to stop them. I went to go step in but Belly beat me to it. Oh. My. God.

Between them fighting Belly got knocked in the upper cheek. As I was getting her up I heard,
"COPS" We ran to the car.

"Head," I said helping Conrad into the car. "Legs"

"I know how to get into a car Callie" he protested .

"Obviously not" I said shutting the door.

I start to drive off when I hear Jeremiah speak.

"Shit. Steven!" He ran out of the car

We are sitting in silence when there's a knock at my window.

"Have you kids been drinking tonight?" The officer asked.

————————————————————————
"Officers thank you. This won't happen again I can promise you that much." Laurel said going to open the door for the officers.

"How could you guys be so irresponsible?"

"Mom, it wasn't a big deal alright, seriously the cops were just looking to break up the bonfire." Steven says trying to get out of this.

"Not a big deal? I'd say getting picked up by the police for underage drinking is a big deal Steven."

"You're the oldest," she says pointing to Conrad. I scoot closer to him on the bench and grab his hand.

"What the hells gotten into you? Just go to bed, all of you"

I wait until everyone leaves the room to approach Laurel.

"I'm sorry Laurel." I say before heading to bed.

(A/N:hi so I know this chapter is long but when I get into writing I just can't stop myself. But I forgot to mention in the already long authors note at the beginning that the debutante ball isn't in the story because it's kind of irrelevant to Callie. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter and make sure to come back for new chapters. I plan to keep this going through season 2 so it's probably bot gonna finish till August or September! Xo, kk!)

Published: 7,14,2023

Words: 2123

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

891 39 10
*𝙳𝙸𝚂𝙲𝙾𝙽𝚃𝙸𝙽𝚄𝙴𝙳* 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟 ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ɴᴀʟᴀ ꜱᴀʏʏᴏʀᴀ ɢᴏᴇꜱ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ɪꜱ ꜰᴀᴄᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢɪɴɢ ᴅᴇᴄɪꜱɪᴏɴ...
28.2K 605 20
Is it really summer without Susannah Fisher? Emilia has always been "mom jr" according to her bothers and the summer crew, but after her mom dies sh...
Alexa. (#1) Od 🌻

Tínedžerská beletria

387K 10.9K 48
#908 in Teen Fiction '9/12/2016' #788 in Teen Fiction '18/1/2017' Life could be really tough. It could be sunshine-y and peachy but just like that, i...
241K 16.5K 69
Graduation is right around the corner for Ada Sinclair. She's spent all of high school saving up for her dream college and skipped high school tradit...