Synthetic Darkness (MFM)

By LilMissMagpie

Kale lives in his own little world. He loves his job at Bishop's (an offbeat book/media store). Has a best fr... More

Chapter 1: Kale Gets Stalked
Chapter 2: First Impressions
Chapter 3: Kale's New Identity
Chapter 4: Sweet Release
Chapter 5: Late night internet creepers
Chapter 6: Raven and Kale Go Home
Chapter 7: Happy Birthday, Kale
Chapter 8: The Morning After
Chapter 9: Welcome Home, Aiden
Chapter 10: Clumsy Is The New Sexy
Chapter 11: The arrangement
Chapter 12: Shower Smut
Chapter 13: The End Of The Booty Calls
Chapter 14: Reegan Is Transparent
Chapter 15: Raven To The Rescue
Chapter 16: Raven - The One Bitch Wonder
Chapter 17: He's Smooth Like That
Chapter 18: And The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 19: Just A Tease
Chapter 20: A First Time To Remember
Chapter 21: Damn Frying Pan
Chapter 22: Falling Face First
Chapter 23: Stupid, Stupid, Kiss?
Chapter 24: Heavy Handed
Chapter 25: Multi-purpose Belts
Chapter 26: Personal Bubble Foul
Chapter 27: Pop Goes The Weasel
Chapter 28: Sexy Campers
Chapter 29: Slick Mick's
Chapter 30: Banana Nut Muffin
Chapter 32- Baby, Be Still
Chapter 33 - Tell Us How You Really Feel
Chapter 34: Special Brownies
Chapter 35: Home
Bonus Chapter - Slice of Life

Chapter 31: Remembering Youth

24K 700 18
By LilMissMagpie

The rest of their week passed in a routine of sex, eating, discrete walk-by-fondlings, work, eating, and more sex. All three walked around in a near constant state of arousal. It was their honeymoon period.

Aiden texted both during the day. He was like a teenager all over again. Lovestruck. The anticipation he always felt coming home to Reegan was doubled with eager excitment to see them both waiting for him at the door. Kale had shifted so fluidly into their every day life, that he wanted to keep him there, forever. Maybe it was too soon to bring it up, but he knew what he wanted. When you knew, you knew, and he always went after what he wanted.

They might have gotten an odd look here and there when they went out in public, but he and Reegan were used to it. They were never a typical couple to begin with anyway. Kale tried to keep from letting it bother him, but after his experience with the court clerk, it was hard for him to easily brush it off. By Saturday, he was becoming used to sleeping in a bed with two other people, sharing a space with his odd couple, and going to work in an aroused state. Raven teased him, but it was in a loving way. Her wicked green eyes would smile, even when her lips were curled and tossing crude comments.

Reegan and Raven were out getting things for the cookout and Kale, Aiden, and Jeremy were in the backyard sitting up the grill.

Kale felt like a fish out of water. Jeremy and Aiden were deep in conversation about the people Aiden used to know. He was lost in thought and let out a squeak when Aiden's hand landed on his shoulder.

"Shorty, does that sound good?"

"Eh?" Kale shook his head and looked towards Aiden. "Sorry, what?"

"Next weekend Twisted Teasers is having a play party, you wanna go?"

Eek! Not another kinky gathering. Kale was still embarrassed over his first and only. Thank gods, it turned out to be the best night ever.

"Yeah?" It came out as more of a question, but Kale was too wrapped up in his memories.

Their conversation was cut short when they heard Raven stomping through the kitchen and out the back door.

"Thank you for helping me carry everything. Really, much appreciated," she said as she gave Jeremy the evil eye and slammed a bag of assorted meat on the table by the grill. "You're such a gentleman."

Reegan cracked up and bounced to Aiden, standing on tiptoes to kiss his chin. "She's just mad because I kicked her ass at the song game," she said over her shoulder to Jeremy.

"I work in a fucking music store. You cheated, I know you did. It was rigged."

Kale laughed at Raven's outrage, but knew never to challenge Reegan when it came to lyrics. She was like google when it came to finding out who had sung what.

"What song was it?" he asked with a smile.

Raven turned to face him and plopped down in a chair, crossing her arms and looking annoyed as hell. "All I want is to feel this way. To be this close, to feel the same. All I want is to feel this way. The evening speaks, I feel it say."

Kale shot her a blank stare and racked his brain trying to place the lyrics, but came up short. Aiden on the other hand knew it immediately.

"That would be All I Want by Toad The Wet Sprocket." Reegan cheered and gave him a high five. "Doll, that was mean, she's too young to know that song."

"Yup." Reegan said proudly.

"Oh fuck off, Aiden. Your boy toy is younger than me, so shove it." Raven examined her black nail polish, looking bored and unenthused.

"Don't feel bad, Ray. She does that to me all the time. I think she stays up all night memorizing obscure things so she can stump people. You know, short legs, big brains, it's compensation."

Kale's body was pushed against the deck railing, small fingers dug in between his ribs, hitting his most ticklish spot. He was gasping for breath and begging her to stop as Reegan continued her attack. There was a moment that shifted and the tickles became less teasing and more hungry want. Reegan pulled Kale close and hopped up, knowing Kale would wrap his arms around her waist and hold her up. Their eyes locked, Reegan's fingers stilled, and she brought them up to Kale's bangs, gently sweeping them to the side and tucking them behind his ear. Kale's body responded to their closesness, no matter how much he threatened to cut it off, his dick swelled.

"Hmm... those short legs seem to make you happy," Reegan wiggled in his arms and giggled when Kale let out a whimpering groan. She was straight up evil and loved tormenting him.

Aiden walked up behind her and whispered into her ear, "Doll, you're not alone."

"You guys are fucking nymphos, can you not get frisky when I am about to eat? Sheesh, fucking animals." Raven called out from her chair in a disgusted tone.

"Raven Brenna, watch your language." A familiar voice called from the other side of the house. Raven hopped up from her chair and ran across the deck to the side gate. Her mother and father stood by their car, arms loaded down with plastic containers, and a photo album that caused Raven's steps to falter.

"Dear god no. Please tell me you guys did not bring mine and Kale's awkward pictures. Please, mom."

Audrey shook her blonde head up and down with a triumphant smile. "I did and Jeremy is going to look through it with me."

"Like hell he is." Raven turned and ran to Kale, grabbing his wrist and dragging him to her parents. "She brought the pictures."

Kale's face turned beet red, he opened his mouth and shook his head no. Please god no, there were pictures in that album that would embarrass the shit out of him if Aiden and Reegan saw them.

"Momma," he pleaded, giving her the saddest pair of puppy dog eyes in history. "Please don't show anyone that album, please."

"Oh hush it, Kale. I bet you everyone will love them."

Mick walked up behind his wife and gave both Raven and Kale apologetic looks. "I couldn't stop her, kids. You know how stubborn she can be."

Raven huffed out and breath and resinged herself to the upcoming embarrassment.

Aiden had steaks, hot dogs, and hamburgers loaded onto the grill, smoke billowed through the small hole in the top, the sweet smell of spices, rubs, and marinades wafted through the air and made stomachs growl. Reegan had hooked up her iPod to the dock and music played softly as background noise. Everyone had settled down and were all gathered around at the table.

Audrey had Jeremy sitting right beside her, looking through the album and embarrassing the living shit out of her babies. She'd fill Jeremy, Reegan, and Aiden in on the story behind the pictures, passing the book around, but making sure to keep it out of Raven and Kale's hands.

There was an easy acceptance in the air, Kale had worried that he would have to hold himself back on the PDA's but Reegan made it extremely hard. Her fingers would trail up and down his back and every once in a while, she would nuzzle into his side. Aiden would kiss the top of his head every time he got up to check on the food. Mick and Audrey never said a negative word, instead they would smile with happiness in their eyes.

It was a wonderful afternoon. Minus Raven's tantrum that led to the photo album being taken back to the car, by a laughing Audrey. They all talked about random topics through their meal, the atmosphere was lighthearted and filled Kale and Raven both with a tremendous sense of ease.

After their meal Mick leaned against the deck railing, Amberbock bottle in one hand, the other arm wrapped around Raven's neck. She was laughing as he continued to divulge secrets from her childhood. He had an audience sitting at the table and was taking full advantage.

"My favorite was the time I was driving home during a storm, passing houses in our neighborhood; everyone's inside because of the rain, I get closer to the house and I see these two mud covered creatures in my yard."

"Oh god! No, Dad! Shut up!" Raven tried to wiggle out of his grasp and cover his mouth. His taller frame making it impossible, but she fought to silence her father.

While dodging Raven's hand he continued the story. "The closer I get, I realize, those mud creatures are my kids! The shorter of the two puts one hand on her crotch and the other flips me off." Kale's laughter interrupts the story and Mick's grey eyes sparkle with fatherly joy in humiliating his daughter. "Her mouth opens wide and says something, just giving it her all. And I wonder what she's saying." His story was cut short when Raven kicked his shins.

"Dad! No! No one wants to hear this!"

"I do!" Jeremy shouted out over Raven's fussing, his enjoyment causing her to fight her father even harder.

Mick laughed and pushed Raven aside, continuing his story like she was nothing but a bothersome fly to shoo away, "Anyway, I roll down the window and hear her over the heavy rain. My sweet little girl bellowing out, 'nice fucking model' then she jacks up her invisible junk and screeches, 'honk, honk'. The other mud creature bends over and falls to the ground laughing his ass off."

"Dad! Stop!" Raven, the un-embarrassable, stood facing him with burning cheeks.

"So I pull in the driveway, get out, and go to the water hose. Another car passes our house and she does it to that car too. Kale just rolling around, getting muddier and laughing. I knew right then, that those two six year olds were trouble."

Jeremy busted out laughing, totally able to see mini-Raven in his mind.

"The whole time I'm wondering, where in the hell is the brother that was supposed to be watching her and where in the hell she learned the maneuver. I get them sprayed off and we go in the house. Beetle Juice is playing in the living room and her older brother Chris is nowhere to be found. Raven's pouting and arguing that it's just words and they don't mean anything. Meanwhile, Kale just nods his agreement to whatever Raven starts spouting off."

"But they are just words! I still say Kale and I were innocents in the whole thing."

"Sure you were, Raven, sure you were." Jeremy says in barely contained laughter, patting her back in mock sympathy. "Everyone knows how innocent you are."

Everyone in attendance at the cookout broke out in simultaneous laughter over Jeremy's consoling words. It might have been more believable, had he not been laughing the whole time he was talking to her.

Raven hmphed and went to join Kale at the table. "Can you believe it? Sold out by my father."

"Yes, yes I can. Remember Prom night?"

Raven pushed against Kale's shoulder and hushed him. There was no way she could handle that story being retold. She was saved by the doorbell being rang. Everyone looked at each other, confused on who could be at the door, they weren't expecting anymore visitors.

Reegan got up from her chair and wondered through the house. When she opened the door she was greeted to two faces that looked familiar, but were total strangers.

"Hello," she said with slight unease.

"We're here to see Kale," the male of the couple spoke first. He was tall and lanky with blue eyes that were exact copies of the ones Reegan was always getting lost in.

"Yeah, he's out back with everyone else."

"Could we see him please?" The woman looked less than pleased to be there, her voice a little on the cold side.

Reegan nodded and opened the door further, stepping aside to let the couple through. They stepped in and she pointed in the direction of the kitchen, telling them where Kale could be found. She closed the door and followed them at a distance.

Kale and Raven were joking around and laughing about some of the tamer stories, while Audrey would add in her opinion on what had happened. Her words died on her lips when she saw the couple walk out onto the deck, worry filled her eyes and she looked towards Mick. He nodded his head and walked to where the newcomers were.

"John, Rita! You decided to show up after all."

At the mention of his parents name, Kale jumped up from his seat and awkwardly walked to where they stood by the door. For reasons unknown to him, his heart got heavy and he feared how their visit would go.

"Mom, Dad, what are you doing here?"

"We could ask you the same thing." Rita said her dark eyes held a trace of disappointment in them.

Kale responded in a confused question, "eating?"

"That's not what she means Kale, Audrey told us that you have been living here instead of with Raven. Why?"

Reegan, not knowing if she should, but seeing the unease in Kale's eyes, walked up to Kale and rubbed his arm, giving him a gentle squeeze when she reached his wrist.

"Uh, well..." Think Kale, think. This is what happens when you don't fill your parents in on what's going on in your life. "I broke things off with..."

"We heard." John's angry tone had Kale's heart rate increasing at an abnormal pace. "I think you need to get your things and come back home."

'But I am home,' Kale wanted to say, what he actually said was, "Can I talk to you guys?"

Both sets of eyes looked at him in disdain, but his father gave him a curt nod. Kale looked down at Reegan and gave her a weak smile, her hand moved from his wrist and she stepped away from him. This was not going to end well and Kale knew it. He felt defeated for no other reason than the fact that his relationship with his parents was about to take a nosedive into shallow water.

He led them through the house and into the living room, memories of the camp out flashed through his mind; if his parents knew the things that had been done on that couch, they would not willingly sit down on it. The tension in the room was thick, not a single sound was made as all three of them sat uncomfortably in the room. Kale moved to the coffee table in front of the couch, his fingers played with the hem of his shirt, while one leg bounced out of anxiety.

Kale huffed out a deep breath and started, "what all do you know?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 124K 88
Black Moon Series Book #2 Warning: #Mature #Gay #Office This story is a prequel to I was shooting for the Moon, I Hit Two Stars. I strongly recommend...
551K 15.2K 77
A butler was the job description. Do what he wants. Get what he desires. That's all I have to do, but suddenly, I am thrown into a completely differe...
270K 10.7K 21
°°°°° "I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his...
250K 10.3K 20
[COMPLETED] Aiden searched high and low for Fox, his best friend from the institution four years ago. After the incident that nearly took their life...