England's Bloody Rose

By Flytrap4534

Lydia Euphemia Potter. Daughter of Fleamont and Euphemia Potter. Heiress of the Potter fortune. One of the gr... More

Prologue
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #1
Flashbacks Chapter #1
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #2
Flashbacks Part #2
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #3
Flashbacks Chapter #3
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #4
Flashbacks Chapter #4
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #5
Flashbacks Chapter #5
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #6
Flashbacks Chapter #6
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #7
Flashbacks Chapter #7
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #8
Flashbacks Chapter #8
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #9
Flashbacks Chapter #9
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #10
Flashbacks Chapter #10
Flashbacks Chapter #11
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #12
Flashbacks Chapter #12
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #13
Flashbacks Chapter #13
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #14
Flashbacks Chapter #14
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #15
Flashbacks Chapter #15
Mid Story Character Guide:
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #16
Flashbacks Chapter #16
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #17
Flashbacks Chapter #17
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #18
Flashbacks Chapter #18
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #19
Flashbacks Chapter #19
Iolanthe Potter: Epilogue:
Flashbacks: Epilogue:

Iolanthe Potter Chapter #11

3.8K 115 6
By Flytrap4534

"It seems things are going swell for you two," Sirius was thrilled to have ammo against his sister, "looking great there."

"I am, aren't I," Lydia admires her future self, "I really got the best of Mum and Daddy."

"You're shameless," Sirius sighs exasperated, "which makes you nearly impossible to embarrass."

The scene switches to a fourth year Iola Potter, who is boarding a whimsical looking plane.

"What in Merlin's beard?" Sirius asks.

"I have a bad feeling," Lydia placed her hand on her head, and her eyes suddenly flashed silver. "And that solidified it. Something's going to happen. Big."

"I can't believe we're replacing Durmstrang!" Olivia Tare squealed, "it feels surreal."

"Their headmaster was convicted of multiple war crimes," Leopold Miller said truthfully, "and then pardoned for no good reason. It makes perfect sense why they'd want to replace them."

"My Dad says Karkaroff was a mid-tier death eater," Iola says, "who lost his left arm in a duel with my mother."

"I chopped someone's arm off?" Lydia's mouth was opened wide, "COOL!"

"Your Mom was a figurative and literal powerhouse," Lilah Becket stated. She'd dyed her hair once again. This time, she sported sunset hair dye, which went beautifully in her curls. "I'm not surprised she cut someone's arm off. They don't call her England's Bloody Rose for no reason."

"This is going to be a disaster," Iola groaned, "half my family's on the opposition."

"How many family members do you have going?" Lawrence Allen-Smith asked.

"Well," Iola began counting on her fingers, "there's Susan Bones, Callie and Benjy, and Michael and Lydia Corner from Hogwarts. On the Beauxbatons side, there's Neville and Rolf Scamander."

"Rolf's going to Beauxbatons," Nico gagged, "but I hate France?"

"Maybe he's there on an exchange year," Lyetta pointed out, "I went to Castlebruxo one year."

"I thought Rolf went to Castlebruxo?" Leopold Miller questioned.

"He's on an exchange year," Iola explains, "next year he's going to Uagadou. My cousin Pauline asked him to come. Said she never gets to hang out with her favorite cousin."

"So Pauline returns to her roots," Tina smiles, "our children and grandchildren are really spreading around the world, aren't they?"

"They are," Newt smiles back, "I'm glad. The world is a big, beautiful place, filled with so many interesting creatures. No need to stay stagnant."

"Neat," Leopold shrugs, "so we'll get to meet him."

"Yup," Iola smiles, "it'll be nice. Though I hope we win. Otherwise, I'll never hear the end of it."

"Hogwarts has won the tournament the most times," Lilah said, "and is one of the top wizarding schools. We've never participated in the triwizard tournament. I feel like we need to prove ourselves."

"Oh come on," Lawrence brushed away her concerns, "Illvermorny, despite being centuries younger, is one of, if not the best, wizarding schools in the world. We'll be fine."

"I have a bad feeling," Iola whispered, eyes flashing silver, so slightly though, no one noticed.

"Now I'm doubly concerned," Lydia remarked, "my girl is not going to have it easy."

The scene switches to their arrival at Hogwarts. They're greeted by Argus Filch, who leads them into the hall. It was time for their performance.

"For the first time in history," Headmistress Minerva McGonagall announced, "the students of America's Illvermorny will be participating in the triwizard tournament."

The students walked in, Ms. Hicks holding an American flag, and her deputy, Arnold Gold, held a flag with Illvermorny's four houses surrounding a gordian knot. All the students begin making bird noises, than purring noises, before stomping their feet and singing.

"We stand as one united,Against the Puritan.We draw our inspirationFrom good witch Morrigan.For she was persecutedBy common wandless men.So she fled from distant Ireland,And so our school began.Oh! Ilvermorny-Massachusetts!We choo-choose it!We choo-choose it!The wizard school supreme.Your castle walls, they kept us safe.The days with you, a dreamYou taught us all our magicAnd now one thing's quite clearWhere'er we roamWhere'er we roamOur one true homeOur one and ownIs Ilvermorny dear!"

As they sang, students flicked their wands, and fireworks erupted in red, blue, and white. Washington crossing the Delaware, the Constitution being signed, Isolt Sayre alongside Webster and Chadwick Boot, The White House, MACUSA, and many other patriotic images were formed. 

Tina, Lyetta, and Nico all stood tall, and began singing alongside the film. They were proud of their American heritage, thank you very much.

"Impressive," Albus Dumbledore smiled, "Ms.Hicks was always an excellent teacher. I'm not surprised at what her students can accomplish."

"Iola looks proud," Benjy smiled, "I'm glad she found a place to fit in."

The Illvermorny students, once they finish, sit down at the Hufflepuff table. Iola is immediately ambushed by Hannah Abbot, her friend who she still kept in contact with.

"Hey Anthe," Callie Potter jumped onto her cousin, "nice to see you." Callie's gryffindor robes caught the attention of Lawrence.

"That's my girl," Sirius cheered.

"She's certainly got a lion's heart," Fleamont laughed, "she was completely unafraid of Mortem, and is extremely reckless."

"So you're Callie," he waved hello, "Iola's told us all about you."

"Did she now?" Callie smirked, "well I've told all my friends about her too. My best friend, she's a year older than me, is Luna Lovegood. She's at the Ravenclaw table. She's amazingly fun."

"So Xeno has a daughter," Pandora says kindly, with a hint of sadness, "she must be beautiful."

"Thank you," Xenophillius answers, "I'm rather excited to see."

"Panda's daughter?" Iola asks, "the one who helped my Mum with the map?"

"Oh," Pandora blushed, "it seems that our relationship lasts long."

"I couldn't be happier," Xeno reassures her, "she must take after you."

"I do hope she looks like the both of us," Pandora said.

"As do I," Xeno responds.

"Yeah," Callie says, before freezing up, "McGonagall just gave me a look. I better get back to my table before she flies off her rocker. Love you." Callie runs to the gryffindor table, ducking under friends to get there fast.

"She's certainly a spitfire," Olivia laughs, "I can't believe that you two were raised by the same father. You're not nearly that energetic."

"To be fair," Neville Longbottom appeared suddenly, "I don't think anyone can be."

"Nev!" Iola hugged Neville, "you must meet my friends. Guys, this is Neville Longbotttom. Nev, this is Lilah Becket, Lawrence Allen-Smith, Leopold Miller, and Olivia Tare."

"Pleasure to put faces to your names," Neville said cheerly, "Iola's told me all about you. She's a real chatterbox when she's overtired."

"We know," Olivia and Lilah say in unison, "she drives our roommates crazy."

"So she's like Benjy," Benjy's roommate Ivan laughs, "he drives us beserk."

A clanking is heard, and Neville rushes to his seat as Headmistress McGonagall begins her speech. She discusses all the rules of the triwizard tournament, including the age line, and introduces the new Transfiguration teacher, Albert Herman. Herman is a tall, broad shouldered man, seemingly in his early forties, who has horn rimmed glasses. His sharp eyes are a vivid green, and his blond hair curls slightly under his beard in length. He seems to be competent, but Iola feels a nagging sense of disgust looking at him. 

"Does anyone know who that is?" Sirius ass, "because I've got nothing."

"I've met him before," Newt, ever the traveler said. All eyes turned to the famous magizoologist. "He recently graduated from Beauxbatons. I was a guest of honor at his graduation. He was cheerful one, always helping others."

"Sounds like he'll be an excellent addition to the staff," Professor Flitwick claps, "and ooh, I see Mr. Lupin has returned. I hope his book did well."

"I wonder why Iola's disgusted?" benjy muttered to himself, before moving on quickly.

"Follow me," Ms. Hicks called, and all the students followed her. 

"Thunderbird fourth years," Ms. Hicks called, "your dorm is over here." Iola bid goodbye to her friends, and went to follow her fellow Thunderbirds."

"A thunderbird!" Newt clapped, "how wonderful. I have fond memories of the creatures."

"Iola certainly fits there," Lyetta declared, "Thunderbirds love adventure, and are considered the soul of a witch or wizard. Iola fits there quite nicely."

The scene shifts to the Halloween feast, and specifically, to the drawing of the champions. The Goblet of Fire is bright blue, and a slip of paper flies out. "Beauxbatons will be represented," Headmistress McGonagall announces, "by Ms. Fleur Delacour." Polite clapping was heard from all ends, although some Beauxbatons students burst into tears of jealousy.

"Hogwarts will be represented," McGonagall continued, "by Cedric Diggory." Cheers were heard from all ends of Hogwarts, and the Hufflepuffs cheer especially loud. 

"Diggory you say," Amos turns to his wife, "might that be our boy?"

"I would think so," she responds, "he looks a lot like the two of us."

"Representing Illvermorny," McGonagall picks the last slip up, "is Theodore Calderon-Boot." A tall, red haired wizard stands up., and leaves with the other champions.

McGonagall turns to leave, when a fourth paper comes flying out. This one is longer, though, and written in deep, red ink. "Checkmate Potter," McGonagall stutters out in shock, "you thought this was over. Your mother may have defeated the Lord, but I will have my revenge. Iolanthe Serena Potter. Your name has now been chosen from the Goblet of Fore. That is a binding contract. You will compete. Your inevitable death will serve as a sweet balm to all those who have suffered since Our Lord's defeat. My mission is complete." Another slip falls out of the fire, and it reads Iola's name. 

The scene switches to Lydia and Sirius in an apartment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 334 29
As Azkaban's icy walls closed around Sirius Black, accused of the heinous murders of James and Lily Potter, little did he know that the life of his w...
386K 13K 87
~Where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve and chivalry sets a Gryffindor apart~ What if there was another prophecy made? It talked about...
444K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...