The Reason? - Yoon Jeonghan

By workfortheNickoftime

Yoon Jeonghan and his soulmate switch bodies at the worst time possible. Will they be able to survive until t... More

Description
Before Reading
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 - 1/2
Chapter 10 - 2/2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 1/2
Chapter 35 - 2/2
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 39

809 60 4
By workfortheNickoftime

Ophely stood wet at the front door, wet bag at her feet and tears streaming down her face. Her hair sticking to her cheeks in tearful swoops.

"Are you okay?" Jeonghan ran over to the teenager, cupping her face and rubbing the tears away from her eyes, but they still fell. "Do you think you did badly? You studied a lot, I'm sure you did well." She only shook her head at his constant words. Water droplets escaping her hair and falling on the clean flooring. "Do you feel unwell? Is there anything I or the boys can do for you? Do you want a change of clothes?"

Silently she spread her arms and engulfed the idol in a hug, a tight one. Transferring water from her wet clothes to his own. He didn't care but engulfed her in a tight embrace too.

"I finished them all." She sniffed into his crinkled shirt, "I don't want to do it again."

"It's okay." He rubbed her back soothingly. "We know you did well. There's no need to worry about repeating all this unless you want to."

"Though we were thinking, with the boys, about doing something fun tonight to celebrate the end of your exams."

"But we still don't know if I have graduated or not."

"That's not even a question knowing you." Jeonghan pulled away from her, tried again to brush the tears away, this time making it work for a little longer. Though they still fell, they were fewer. He smiled down at the girl, giving her the courage to do the same. Ophely mustered a small lift of the corners of her lips before her eyes prickled again, this time in gratitude towards the boys, though she still wasn't close to most of them, their support had still been palpable in the previous weeks.

"Thanks."

"No worries." The angel-like man pulled back from her and helped her take her wet jacket off and guide her out of the cubby. She took off her shoes before following him inside as he made his way towards their current bedroom.

Jeonghan turned his back towards the girl and the bathroom, letting her get out of her wet clothes. He guessed that she had been caught in the rain after leaving the exam hall, and was way too stressed to bother with the bus. He didn't comment on it. "What do you want to wear?" He asked her, standing in front of the nearly fully packaged moving boxes.

"Cosy stuff." She said back from the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

While she took her shower, cleaning herself and warming up her cold body, Jeonghan left the clothes he had pulled out for her on the counter. He then went back to putting everything back inside of the boxes. They were set to be moving right in the middle of their comeback, clearly not well organised by the company, but they couldn't do much about it. It was 2018 and it was time that they get an update in their dorm, especially with Ophely in the mix. Actually, most of their belongings had already been moved to the other dorms, and what was left was what they needed for the month on weird days like this one where they stayed in the old dorm.

Cue for Ophely to get confused with it all. Though the boys tried to explain it, it was not in line with what she had been told about people moving in South Korea. She just put it aside with the fact that the boys were public figures and their schedules were already filled enough for them to be free and have time to pack and move everything in a single week. Yeah, no. So that's why she thought that it had been scheduled that way.

"We ordered Pizza for tonight." Jeonghan called out from the bathroom as he heard the girl getting dressed. "That's good with you?"

"Yeah, it's fine. Thanks."

Though what Jeoghan had forgotten to tell her was that they had also ordered a lot of alcohol. At least two Soju bottles for each of them, with the intention of getting the girl at least tipsy. She needed it, just to celebrate at least and regret it in the morning.

But they also didn't expect her to accept the drink that easily. Had she not been paying attention to the bottle and just looked at the green grape label? The answer was no, she could taste the alcohol, but had agreed to the boys' thoughts of her needing to let loose a little.

However, they didn't know how she acted while drunk, and she couldn't give any heads up because she hadn't been one to drink often, even less while sunderage.

In one word - fun.

Everything, to Ophely, seemed to be fun. What others said, what she saw, what others did, what she read. And it was a sight to behold.

-

"- What do you think, Ophely?"

"I think that you talk too much," She told him straight to the face, laying on (and falling off of) the living room's couch. "Continue like that and you'll give me another headache." With out of character and very much exaggerated hand movements, Ophely imitated her head exploding. Thus completely falling off the sofa and hurting her butt. She moaned through her pain. Though it seemed much more comic to the rest of the boys, who were pretty much all laughing at her. Even Jeonghan as he helped her sit up on the ground.

"What's that pretty face above me?" She laughed hysterically and patted Jeonghan, who was standing over her, keeping her steady. "I think I may have seen you before."

"I think you have." Vernon told her from where he sat next to her.

"I think not," She looked from him back to Jeonghan. "I would remember meeting an angel." Though as much as he wanted to, Jeonghan couldn't keep his laughter inside, just like Jun who was nearly screaming beside the trio. Ophely didn't understand what was funny as she stood up, dusted her top and readjusted the drawstring of her sweatpants.

"You know what, she turned back to face Jeonghan, who had taken a seat beside his Chinese friend. "I need to show you the drawings I have done of angels, you're just like them." Before he could protest, she had pulled him out of his chair and was pulling him (with a messy stumble) through the corridor towards where her sketches were stocked.

After walking in three wrong rooms, including the second bathroom, Ophely had found the bedroom, now to the question of knowing which box it was in.

Jeonghan had no energy to help the clearly drunk girl forget that their stuff was ready to be moved to the next apartment. So he sat on the neatly made bed as she looked aorudn the room, stumbling through the boxes and looking in the empty desk drawers and blank closets.

"Would you know where the drawings might be hiding?" She finally asked him, sitting down on the ground tiredly and putting her head on one of the closed boxes.

"Tidy in the boxes, ready for the new home."

"Oh." She pouted, gazing up at him.

It was silent as she sat there, looking devastated with pink cheeks and big glassy eyes. Joenghan sighed. What was he supposed to do with a drunk Ophely? He rubbed his face. She didn't know what her limit was, or she knew and knowingly went over it. Whatever it was. She was drunk.

"But if you go to wait here I'm sure you'll remember which box you put it in." He stood up, "Water helps, I'll go get a glass for you." Was he lying? Not really. Was what he was doing right? Mostly, he truly hoped that the time she waited while searching in her mind, she would fall asleep rather than remember. He really hoped that would happen since her eyes had already been half closed when he left to get that glass of water.

"She's clearly wasted." Jeonghan heard Seungcheol tell Joshua. He looked over at the two already in the kitchen.

"She is." He added as he took a glass out of the cupboard and took the cold water pitcher from the fridge. "Forgot we had packed, and proceeded to forget which one it could possibly be in."

"Didn't she label everything in your room?" Joshua asked creduled, he had helped the members pack and Ophely had taken great care to separate everything and label with a marker each of the boxes. Jeonghan only nodded, knowing perfectly well which box her belongings were in, it had been the very one she had leaned on, written in bold letters.

"She's dumb." Jeonghans sighed, but not for the same reason as before. Yes, his friend had disappointed him, yet again.

"She's just drunk." Joshua cut Jeonghan in his thoughts, he was faster than him. "I can clearly remember the first time that we all went out together and you got wasted too. Would you like me to remind you of what you did?"

"No thanks."

"You said I had stolen your face because I was more handsome than you, and that was inadmissible." Jeonghan still reminded his leader.

"I said I didn't want to hear."

"And then proceeded to charm the owner of the restaurant with Mingyu holding you up." Jeongahn might have been petty, but it was also a very low blow from his leader. Nobody was perfect, and Ophely hadn't done anything wrong. She was actually very nice and had not disturbed anybody. Jeonghan liked to think back to this proverb regarding a drunken's words are a sober's thoughts. And Ophely had no bad drunken words, just more energy.

For some time.

Because as he was back in the room with the glass of water, she was already asleep where he had left her less than two minutes prior.

-

"Ophely." A soft voice called out. "Ophe~ly~" It called out again, followed by a soft brush against her temple. Well, it was supposed to be soft. But the voice was piercing her tympants and the hand was hammering her head.

She grumbled out a few inaudible words and turned away from the source of her pain. Though she realised that it wasn't their fault, but her body itself that was hurting her. She opened one eye, closing it immediately after to the brightness of the room. "Is it possible for the blinds-" She didn't finish her sentence, just buried herself under her covers. Too tired and in way too much pain to say any more. Even her words hammered at her head.

"There's an angel above you~" The voice sang softly above her. She buried her face deeper under the covers, pulling as hard as she could to keep it that way. But the 'angel' was doing just like her. "And that pretty face has painkillers for your pretty face."

Ophely groaned, remembering what she had said the previous evening. She would never be able to look him in the eyes again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 2.7K 27
step siblings... interesting. ⚠️Caution⚠️: Contain smuts, 18+ content, harsh words, please read at your own risk. - My grammar is not that good as en...
619K 35.1K 31
a soulmate au in which people stop aging at the age of 18 until they meet their soulmate so they can grow old together. jeon jeongguk is 212 years ol...
1.5M 62.3K 177
The year someone turns 18 they have the opportunity to be injected with a serum that will produce a soulmate mark somewhere on their body. This seru...
47.1K 1.4K 20
Soulmate is someone who can be said as your other half....The one when passes by or is just near you gives you butterflies and shivers down your spin...