𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐂 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ! [ rhy...

By midnight_ink_

❛ a falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes ❜ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ "How . . ." She was at a loss... More

𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐂 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 !
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 , 𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐓𝐀𝐑 !
𝐢. christmas cheer !
𝐢𝐢. the spring court ?
𝐢𝐢𝐢. welcome , feyre !
𝐢𝐯. kitchen mishaps !
𝐯. a ride with a demon !
𝐯𝐢. the suriel !
𝐯𝐢𝐢. the truth ( sort of ) !
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. tamlin sucks at flirting !
𝐢𝐱. amarantha's first strike !
𝐱. bonding time !
𝐱𝐢. night in shining armor !
𝐱𝐢𝐢. angels and faeries !
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. the solstice !
𝐱𝐢𝐯. high lord of the night court !
𝐱𝐯. family trees !
𝐱𝐯𝐢. amarantha's plaything !
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. child of faerie and angel !
𝐱𝐢𝐱. the first task !
𝐱𝐱. give and take !
𝐱𝐱𝐢. love and lust !
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. upwards and onwards !
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. welcome home !
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 , 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 !
𝐢. nightmares and daydreams !
𝐢𝐢. welcome to velaris !
𝐢𝐢𝐢. the city of starlight !
𝐢𝐯. pieces of history !
𝐯. rita's !
QUICK QUESTION (will be removed)
𝐯𝐢. drunken memories !

𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. a sadistic genie !

1.9K 109 33
By midnight_ink_

𝐂 𝐎 𝐒 𝐌 𝐈 𝐂   𝐋 𝐎 𝐕 𝐄   !

𝙲 𝙷 𝙰 𝙿 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁   𝙴 𝙸 𝙶 𝙷 𝚃 𝙴 𝙴 𝙽   !

( 𝔞 𝔰𝔞𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔠 𝔤𝔢𝔫𝔦𝔢 ! )

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

          𝐀𝐍𝐀 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.

She didn't close her eyes or succumb to the exhaustion of using her newfound abilities in a way she didn't know she could. She didn't let herself lay down and get comfortable, knowing the moment she did, she would be trapped within her mind. A very unforgiving place, what with her recent mental state. She didn't trust her mind not to torment her while she was asleep, so she found the most uncomfortable spot in the cell and started forming her plan.

Ana had no concept of time within the cell Under the Mountain. The guards fed her two meals at different times throughout the supposed days to keep her guessing, and only let her out of her cell to heal the poor human so Amarantha could continue with her torture. Any chance she got, she practiced with her powers to see what all she was capable of.

Amarantha had said she held the power of life and death, along with the abilities of a High Fae. The only problem was that Ana had yet to unleash herself. She was still holding onto her old life, searching so hard for a different way of unleashing her abilities. She would never give up on her family. Not after the last time. 

Something she found out about her abilities was that they sometimes had a mind of their own. The tendrils of golden light would travel wherever they wished if Ana didn't hold tightly to them. Sometimes they just filtered out of the cell, while other times they went to visit the other prisoners around her. They didn't say anything when it happened, well aware of who she was after Amarantha's announcement. 

The light of her powers was the only thing keeping her from freaking out. Being locked up was a constant reminder of her past. Ana knew that if she was gonna beat Amarantha, she had to be clear-headed. A hard thing to do when it seemed as though her enemy knew all of her weaknesses. Luckily, she knew a fair amount of Amarantha's weaknesses as well.

Like how she had no real magic to her and had to steal from Hybern to get it. She was vengeful of all mortals, and absolutely lustful for Tamlin. So if someone admitted to loving Tamlin and also happened to be a mortal (Feyre, most likely), Amarantha would be nothing but petty with her response. And not to mention the fact that she was very prideful and demented. Even psychotic people showed bits of themselves when they didn't mean to. And Ana had seen some of those bits while healing the human.

All she needed now was a way to use all of this information against Amarantha quickly and deadly. 

It was moments like these when Ana wished she could communicate mentally with her Parabatai and family. She could really use Alec's wisdom and knack for battle strategy, and Magnus' knowledge of magic and its weaknesses. If they were here . . . if she could just talk to them . . . 

"Biscuit." The blonde stiffened. Her head snapped up, eyes wide and searching. All she could see were the cracking stone walls of her dimly-lit cell. The shadows stretched long, blending in with the onyx floors and creating a place completely void of color. No sign of who she thought spoke. "Biscuit."

She sighed. She was officially losing her mind. Slowly, yes, but it was happening again. How long had she been stuck in the cell, again? A week? Two? Only a few days? How long had it taken her to lose her mind while under the torture of Viktor? She'd had Nadia and Dmitri with her to help keep her sane, but she'd still managed to lose it after some time. But now that she was alone . . .

Ana shook her head and ran her dirty hands through her tangled hair. She had to try and keep her sanity in check. Focus on getting out, on killing Amarantha, and on freeing Prythian. No time to lose it.

"Biscuit." She groaned. Why was this happening now? "Biscuit, just look!" The blonde pulled a face and looked around, seeing nothing. "With your fae eyes, you idiot!"

Okay, now she was sure she was imagining things. But, despite all that, she listened. Ana took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She focused on the power writhing within herwarm and comforting and strongand tugged at it. Pulled on it like her life depended on it. And when she was sure it had worked, she opened her eyes, revealing swirling gold irises filled to the brim with power. 

The darkness seemed to lift like a veil from her eyes. Slowly, everything came into viewfrom the smallest markings in the walls to the brightest lights outside of her cell. It was like she was looking through a freshly-washed window, able to see everything clearly.

And standing before her, looking ever the proud father, was Magnus Bane. 

Ana nearly sobbed at the sight of her friend. She leaped from her spot on the floor and ran toward him, a few tears slipping free as he wrapped her in his warm embrace. She didn't care that she was dirty or that dried tears stained her muddy cheeks. Magnus was there. The guy that she viewed as a father in some way was holding her tightly and whispering soft words of comfort to her. 

"I missed you, Biscuit," he muttered against her forehead. "Oh, you have no idea how worried we were when we woke up on Christmas to find you gone."

Ana managed a choked laugh. "I can imagine it was about how worried I was when I woke up here." Her brows furrowed as a sudden realization hit her. Pulling away, she frowned. "Wait, how are you here? You are here, right? I'm not imagining shit again, am I?"

Magnus chuckled and shook his head. "No. I finally found a way to portal here. Not without some help from you and the Seelie Queen, though. Your magic has a very strong pull when it wants to, Biscuit. It helped me portal."

"Yeah, but the trip wasn't exactly fun." Ana's eyes widened more when she heard the voice of her Parabatai. She looked over Magnus's shoulder and sobbed in relief as Izzy smiled at her, tears in her own eyes. "Hey, Annie."

"Iz!" The two embraced each other tightly, sobbing into the others' shoulder. Their bodies shook with relief and happiness, having missed each other while Ana was trapped in Prythian. "Oh, by the Angel. I missed you so much!"

Izzy sniffled. "I missed you more, you idiot." She pulled away and hit Ana's arm. "Don't scare me like that again, okay? Or I'll beat your ass."

Ana laughed and held her hands up. "Promise." She looked between the two of them. "How long are you staying? It can't be too long. Her royal bitchiness's guards will be coming by sometime and I don't wanna think about what will happen if they see you."

Magnus shook his head. "They won't. Only you can. Perks of being half-angel, half-fae. Which, by the way, is the only reason the Seelie Queen even agreed to help us. Since, technically, you are one of her own in some way."

"Wonderful. Another royal bitch I'm related to." Izzy laughed and wrapped an arm around the girl. Ana's brows furrowed. "Wait. How do you know about me being?"

"Records," Izzy said. "Alec looked into them and figured some stuff out with the help of Clary and her communication with Raziel. He kinda explained some stuff to us." The black-haired woman was beaming. "My bestie just keeps getting cooler. I'm jealous."

Ana smiled. Her first in a while since getting trapped. "What can I say? I'm full of surprises." She frowned though, when a thought hit her. "But I can't unlock all those surprises until I realize my true self. And in order to do that"

"You have to let us go," Magnus said. 

Ana nodded. "The suriel mentioned that there was another way, but shit hit the fan before he could tell me. I don't want to let you guys go. You're my family as much as the people here are. And I never let go of family."

Izzy smiled sadly. "Well then, we just have to figure out what this other way is before it's too late." She glanced at Ana. "Any idea?"

The blonde shook her head. "I've been trying to piece it together, but I can't. I've also been experimenting with my powers to see what all I can do, but it's not much other than healing, lighting up a room, and controlling objects kinda like telekinesis. It's frustrating as hell."

Magnus hummed. "The way Raziel put it was that you had to come to terms with both sides. Like you had to accept that you are both angel and fae and not mortal one bit. That you have to understand both sides of yourself, put to rest other parts, and then you can unlock your potential. How you do that . . . I don't know."

"That makes two of us." Ana ran her fingers through her hair again, grunting when she hit a knot. "Fucking hell."

Magnus snapped his fingers, and Ana felt as though she'd just taken the longest bath of her life. Her skin and hair felt clean, and when she looked down, she realized that they were. No more knots, no more cuts and dirt and bruises. "There you go."

"Thanks," she muttered, Izzy laughing at her look of surprise. "Think you can magic up some proper food?"

He snapped his fingers and a plate of enchiladas appeared before her. Ana nearly drooled at the sight of them. And took the plate and began stuffing her face, sighing in content at the taste.

"I think you missed our food more than you missed us," Izzy said.

Ana rolled her eyes. "Never. I just love these fucking things so much. I'd marry them if I could."

"Oh, we know." Izzy tried to take one of Ana's enchiladas, but the blonde slapped her hand away. "Harsh."

"My food." The blonde simply continued to eat. When she was done, she felt better than she had for the past few days. "Now that I'm decently fed, let's figure this out before they drag me off to heal someone else. Or worse."

The other two immediately sat down with Ana, and the three got to work. They had to figure this out, or no one was going home.

⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯

Shoulders back. Chin high. Back straight. Chest forward. Arms by your side. Don't let them know what you're thinking. Don't let them know what you're feeling. Don't let them see that they can get to you. You are a Shadowhunter, trained to fight demons and monsters alike. You've been through hell and backliterally. You've fought in two wars and survived. You've seen the darkest parts of the worldsand yourselfand came out alive. These fae are powerless. Their words and actions cannot hurt you. Will not hurt you. You are Anastasia Petrova Fallon, daughter of a High Fae and an Angel. And you will show them that.

Ana took a deep breath and steeled her emotions. The large oak doors that led into the cursed throne room stood before her, leering down at her as though she were nothing more than an ant under its boot. One of the many ugly-faced guards stood behind her, armed and ready to kill if she tried to make a break for it. 

A day had passedor so she assumedsince Magnus and Izzy visited her in her cell, and Ana was filled with a new sense of determination. They had formed some idea of how to unleash her full potential, and Magnus had helped her practice with her magic so she knew how to use it better. Even Izzy had helped her out by activating a few of her runes with her stele. Just to give you a boost when battling her royal bitchiness, as she'd put it.

For once, Ana was not being called to the throne room to heal Clare. The blonde hadn't heard the mortal's screams for a while, and she had a feeling that Amarantha had finally killed her. Or that she'd died from exhaustion. Either way, Clare was gone, and Ana wasn't sure how to feel about it. She was relieved that the poor girl didn't have to go through any more torture, but it pained her to know that she'd died that wayalone, scared, and utterly confused. 

Just like she'd been.

Ana let out her breath and pushed the doors open, keeping her emotions under lock and key. She had a mission to complete, and she was now more determined to kill this bitch than she ever was before. 

Her blood boiled with rage as her eyes settled on the self-proclaimed queen who sat upon her blood-stained throne. She was dressed in her usual tones of red and black, with that ugly crown atop her head and her lips painted in a cruel smirk. Her eyes were filled with a sort of torturous delight as they fell upon Ana. The blonde met her gaze, allowing her eyes to flicker golden before returning to blue. Just a taste of who she truly was now, and what hell she could unleash upon the witch before her. 

"And so the halfling returns," Amarantha mused. She held a goblet filled to the brim with sparkling red wine, the drink sloshing about as Amarantha spoke. "A new fire burns in your eyes, girl. Careful, fire can be very dangerous."

Ana did not respond as she stopped before the dais. Despite not being able to see him, she could feel Rhys watching herfeel his comfort through the bargain tattooed along her spine. Hear his voice in her head, whispering words of comfort and confidence to her. And though she didn't show it outright, she allowed a smile to travel back to hima thank you.

"So quiet." The female tsked and sipped from her goblet. "I'm sure you're wondering where little Clare is." She made a wide gesture around the room with her empty hand. "Have a look, girl. Where is your self-proclaimed mortal friend? Hmm?"

Self-proclaimed mortal friend. During her time trapped Under the Mountain, Ana had managed to converse with Clare a few times, due to their cells being beside each other. She felt horrible for the poor girl and brought her as much comfort as she could. She healed her and sang softly to her to help her fall asleep. She told her stories of her own world, hoping to ease her mind. And it worked, forming a sort of bond between the two blondes. Because Ana knew what Clare was going through. For she had been through something similar, once upon a time.

Ana said nothing but allowed her eyes to roam the room in search of Clare. The High Fae and faeries alike conversed and danced about the throne room, ignoring their queen and the halfling. Ana studied faces and bodies, wings and horns, teeth and talons. No sign of Clare on the floor, bleeding out and screaming. No sign of her soulless eyes boring into her own, the life torn from her body by force.

The blonde then hesitantly looked to the walls, and when she did, she wished she hadn't. 

There, nailed high on the wall of the enormous cavern, was the mangled corpse of a young woman. Her skin was burned in places, her fingers were bent at odd angles, and garish red lines crisscrossed her naked body. Whatever blood remained dripped soundlessly onto the floor beneath her, staining the stone forever. 

Count to ten. Calm yourself before you hurt yourself. Ana sucked in a breath, held it for a moment, and let it go. She counted to ten in her head, removed her eyes from the lifeless body of her semi-friend, and turned back to Amarantha. Amarantha, who had the audacity to smile like the death of a mortal was the best present in the world.

"Do you like?" the female asked, tilting her head coyly? "I do think her body adds to the decor quite nicely."

Ana set her shoulders. "Why have you called me here? To play silly games? To smile like an idiot? Stop wasting my time, Amarantha, and tell me why I am here."

The "queen" chuckled and sipped from her wine once more. "I forgot how funny you were. It's nice to see you still have humor after everything you've been through." Her eyes darkened with mischief. "I mean, being held captive for years as a child should've wiped you free of laughter and joy. And losing your friends? Harsh. Oh, and let's not forget what that monster did to you when he was lonely."

Nausea coiled within her stomach. She knew people were listening to her, but she didn't let it show. This bitch had put her through so much, she would not have the satisfaction of seeing Ana break. No.

"Ah, but that's all in the past." Amarantha clicked her nails against the arm of her throne, that horrific eye-ring looking around in fear. "I've called you here to show your dear friend Tamlin that you are indeed alive and being taken care of." She gestured toward the male sitting beside her. "See, my dear? No harm has been done. Well, no physical harm."

Tamlin looked at Ana through the holes of his mask, his green eyes flickering with many questions. Ana just stared back at him in utter boredom. Inside, however, she was pissed. 

For years, he'd fought against her. He'd almost succeeded in breaking the curse on the land, but he'd been too much of a pussy to do much. And now that he was at Amarantha's side, close enough to slit her throat, he did nothing? Just watched his people suffer silently? She wanted to wrap her hands around his throat and squeeze until the life left his body.

"Now that that's been solved, we can"

The doors to the throne room opened, and silence fell among the faeries. Ana turned slowly, eyes widening slightly when she saw an Attor dragging Feyre into the room with a cruel grin. Their eyes met, and Ana silently asked, What the fuck are you doing here?

Feyre didn't get the chance to respond as the Attor threw her to the floor before the dais.

"What's this?" Amarantha said, her voice lilting despite the adder's smile she gave Feyre. 

"Just a human thing I found downstairs," the Attor hissed.

"Obviously," Amarantha purred. Feyre kept her eyes locked on Tamlin's boots, not daring to meet the wretched queen's eyes. "But why should I bother with you?"

The Attor chuckled, the sound like sizzling water on a griddle, and a taloned foot jabbed at Feyre's side. "Tell her majesty why you were sneaking around the catacombswhy you came out of the old cave that leads to the Spring Court." When Feyre did not speak, the Attor kicked her again. "Tell Her Majesty, you human filth."

Ana watched Feyre's eyes. They were filled with thoughts upon thoughts, each one flickering faster than the last. She slowly eased to her feet, keeping her hands within reach of her daggers. Ana applauded her ability to remain stoic despite the obvious fear hidden within her eyes.

"I came to claim the one I love," she said quietly. Feyre looked to Tamlin again, his eyes meeting her own.

"Oh?" Amarantha said, leaning forward.

"I've come to claim Tamlin, High Lord of the Spring Court."

A gasp rippled through the assembled court. But Amarantha tipped her head back and laugheda raven's caw.

Ana slipped closer to Feyre, making sure her movements remained unknown to the Attor beside her. If need be, she would protect Feyre with everything inside of her. She was not about to let the girl she viewed as a sister die. Not again.

The female turned to Tamlin, and her lips pulled back in a wicked smile. "You certainly were busy all those years. Developed a taste for human beasts, did you?"

Tamlin said nothing, causing Ana's blood to boil once more. Fucking coward.

I couldn't agree more, darling, Rhys whispered back, almost causing Ana to smile. 

"But," Amarantha said slowly. "It makes me wonderif only one human girl could be taken once she killed your sentinel . . ." Her eyes sparked. "Oh, you are delicious. You let me torture that innocent girl to keep this one safe? You lovely thing! You actually made a human worm love you. Marvelous." She clapped her hands, and Tamlin merely looked away from her.

"Let him go," Feyre said.

Amarantha laughed again. "Give me one reason why I shouldn't destroy you where you stand, human."

Ana allowed her eyes to flicker gold once more as she snuck another step closer to Feyre's side. 

"You tricked him," Feyre said. "He is bound unfairly."

Ana wanted to sigh. Fae did not care about being fair. If they did, the mortal lands would be bigger and there would have been no slaves or war at all. Fairness was not something the world thrived on. Otherwise, the world would be relatively perfect. 

Amarantha clicked her tongue and looked at her ring. "You human beasts are so uncreative. We spent years teaching you poetry and fine speech, and that is all you can come up with? I should rip out your tongue for letting it go to waste." Ana bit her tongue to keep from flinging insults. Patience. "But I'm curious: What eloquence will pour from your lips when you behold what you should have been?"

Feyre turned, and her eyes fell onto the dead body of Clare Beddor. Ana said nothing, just listened to the heavy breathing of her friend. Feyre had given that name to protect herself, placing an innocent girl at risk. It was not entirely her fault, since Amarantha was the one to kill her, but there was still some blame to be held. Ana would never tell Feyre this out loud, but she should've given a fake name of a person who did not exist. Because if she had, Clare would still be alive. 

But enough grief was visible in her eyes that Ana knew to never speak those words. 

"Perhaps I should have listened when she said she'd never seen Tamlin before," Amarantha mused. "Or when she insisted she'd never killed a faerie, never hunted a day in her life. Though her screaming was delightful. I haven't heard such lovely music in ages." Her next words were directed at Feyre. "I should thank you for giving Rhysand her name instead of yours."

Feyre turned, and the truth was showed in her glassy eyes. Ana allowed a single tendril of golden power to float over to Feyre. It wrapped around her finger in comfort, letting the Archeron girl know that she was not alone. 

"Come now, precious," Amarantha said. "What have you to say to that?" Feyre remained silent, processing. "Do you still wish to claim someone who would do that to an innocent?"

Feyre's gaze snapped to her. "Yes," she said sternly. "Yes, I do."

Amarantha's lip curled back, revealing sharp canines. She leaned back in her chair and crossed her legs. "Well, Tamlin," she said, putting a proprietary hand on his arm, "I don't suppose you ever expected this to occur." She gestured to Feyre, causing a murmur of laughter to echo from those assembled. "What do you have to say, High Lord?"

Tamlin looked at Feyre, emotionless. His next words made Ana want to skin him alive. "I've never seen her before. Someone must have glamoured her as a joke. Probably Rhysand."

"Oh, that's not even a halfway decent lie." Amarantha angled her head. "Could it becould it be that you, despite your words so many years ago, return the human's feelings? A girl with hate in her heart for our kind has managed to fall in love with a faerie. And a faerie whose father once slaughtered the human masses by my side has actually fallen in love with her, too?" She let out that crow's laugh again. "Oh, this is too goodthis is too fun." She fingered the bone hanging from her necklace. She looked upon the eye enclosed in the ring. "I suppose if anyone can appreciate the moment," she said, "it would be you, Jurian." She smiled prettily. "A pity your human whore on the side never bothered to save you, though."

Ana stilled. Jurian? As in . . . no. Wow. That was a new level of petty that Ana was actually kind of jealous of. 

Tamlin still looked at Feyre with no recognition. It made Ana grit her teeth. I'll kill him

I'll help, Rhys mused.

Of course you would.

Anything for you.

She could hear the smirk in his voice, causing her stomach to flutter with butterflies. 

The female picked her nails. "Things have been awfully boring since Clare decided to die on me. Killing you outright, human, would be dull." She flicked her gaze to Feyre, then back to her nails. "But Fate stirs the Cauldron in strange ways. Perhaps my darling Clare had to die in order for me to have some true amusement with you. You came to claim Tamlin?" Amarantha challenged. "Well, as it happens, I'm bored to tears of his sullen silence. I was worried when he didn't flinch while I played with darling Clare, when he didn't even show those lovely claws . . .

"But I'll make a bargain with you, human," she said. Ana stiffened. No. "You complete three tasks of my choosingthree tasks to prove how deep that human sense of loyalty and love runs, and Tamlin is yours. Just three little challenges to prove your dedication, to prove to me, to darling Jurian, that your kind can indeed love true, and you can have your High Lord." She turned to Tamlin. "Consider it a favor, High Lordthese human dogs can make our kind so lust-blind that we lose all common sense. Better for you to see her true nature now."

"I want his curse broken, too," Feyre blurted. Amarantha raised a brow, her smile growing, revealing far too many of those white teeth. "I complete all three of your tasks, and his curse is broken, and weand all his courtcan leave here. And remain free forever," she added. 

Ana understood what she was doing. Magic was specific. Even if these faeries could lie, their magic bound them to the bargain they made. No loopholes, no ways out, no hidden lies. All truth.

"Of course," Amarantha purred. "I'll throw in another element, if you don't mindjust to see if you're worthy of one of our kind, if you're smart enough to deserve him." Jurian's eye swiveled wildly, and she clicked her tongue at it. The eye stopped moving. "I'll give you a way out, girl," she went on. "You'll complete all the tasksor, when you can't stand it anymore, all you have to do is answer one question." Ana watched her carefully. "A riddle. You solve the riddle, and his curse will be broken. Instantaneously. I won't even need to lift my finger and he'll be free. Say the right answer, and he's yours. You can answer it at any timebut if you answer incorrectly . . ." She pointed, and Ana didn't have to turn to know she gestured to Clare.

Ana wished she could speak to Feyre mentally. Tell her that she already was forming a plan and didn't have to put herself through this pain. But sadly, she couldn't.

Feyre spoke after a moment. "What is the nature of my tasks?"

"Oh, revealing that would take all the fun out of it. But I'll tell you that you'll have one task every monthat the full moon."

By the Angel, she's like some sick, sadistic genie. Ana heard Rhys's chuckle in her mind.

"And in the meantime?" Feyre glanced at Tamlin.

"In the meantime," Amarantha said a bit sharply, "you shall either remain in your cell or do whatever additional work I require."

"If you run me ragged, won't that put me at a disadvantage?" Feyre asked.

"Nothing beyond basic housework," Amarantha said. It was obvious she was growing bored. "It's only fair for you to earn your keep." Feyre nodded. "Then we are agreed."

Feyre pursed her lips. "If I complete your three tasks or solve your riddle, you'll do as I request?"

"Of course," Amarantha said. "Is it agreed?"

Tamlin's eyes widened almost imperceptibly. Ana rolled her own.

Just like how she'd felt at the manor, Ana wanted to hit Tamlin. He so easily annoyed her, and he was doing a pretty good job of pissing her off as he remained silent at Amarantha's side. If he truly wanted to keep Feyre safe, he would be speaking out right now, begging for her not to fight for him and to leave. To be safe. But he remained quiet. And it made Ana want to hit him over the head.

Everything in Ana was telling her that this dealthis bargainwas a bad idea. While Feyre had placed safety precautions into the deal, she would still be at the mercy of Amarantha during those three tasks. Not to mention the fact that Amarantha's riddle would most likely be difficult, and Feyre would not be allowed any outside help. All the cards were stacked against Feyre, and yet the girl looked like she wasn't going to back down.

Ana was both proud of her and incredibly annoyed at her.

"Well?" Amarantha demanded. 

Feyre glanced at Tamlin. "Agreed."

Amarantha gave her a small, horrible smile, and magic sizzled in the air between them as she snapped her fingers. This bargain felt different than the one between Ana and Rhys. There was no warmth, no comfort. Just metallic magic and mirth.

Amarantha nestled back into her throne. "Give her a greeting worthy of my hall."

Ana spotted the darkness in Amarantha's eyes and jumped in front of Feyre as the first punch was thrown. The Attor's fist collided with her cheek, but her enhanced healing rune was still on, mixing with the magic of her parents. Her eyes glittered a dangerous gold that sent the Attor stumbling back with a whimper. Behind her, melding with the shadows, was the outline of a great pair of wings not yet formed. A threat.

"Any of you touch her, and your heart will be on the other side of the room." Her voice was a lethal whisper against the quiet. She turned on Amarantha, ignoring the utter shock on Feyre's face. "Same goes for you. No harm comes to her unless it's through the challenges. Do you understand?"

Amarantha chuckled, but there was a hint of fear in her eyes. It was like Ana could smell it. "And what gives you the power to make such demands? Are you wishing to make a bargain with me as well?"

Ana steeled herself, allowing her eyes to remain gold as she approached the dais. "I'll make a bargain with you. In private." She didn't want anyone to hear what she was about to do. There was only one thing she knew Amarantha would want from her. One singular thing. And she didn't want Rhys or Feyre or even Lucien (for she knew he was lurking) to hear her make this deal.

Amarantha studied Ana for a moment before nodding. "Leave. And take the human to her new home."

It took less than a minute for the hall to clear. Even Tamlin left. All that remained were Amarantha and Ana, the two locked in a tense stare-off that neither wanted to back down from. 

Ana had blocked Rhys's questions from her mind. She needed to remain focused. "She comes to no harm unless it is through the challenges. She gets a comfortable living quarter and three meals a day along with proper hydration and hygiene. She is treated as a guest, do you understand?"

The queen hummed. "And what will you give me in return? Hmm, little halfling?"

Ana stepped up the dais and walked around the throne until her lips were pressed to Amarantha's ear. "Me."

"We have a bargain."

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

𝐀 𝐔 𝐓 𝐇 𝐎 𝐑 𝐒   𝐍 𝐎 𝐓 𝐄   !

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Wow. It's been a bit since I last updated and damn, I'm sorry. Shits been crazy. I went on vacation, got a double ear infection, had to dog sit for two german shepherds and a pit-shepherd mix for a week and a half, and then I started packing for college. But sorry I haven't been updating as much. I ran out of ideas until literally today.

But, this chapter is wow. Magnus and Izzy found Ana and she was able to reunite with them if just for a little bit. Feyre had entered the chat and the trials will be occurring. And now Ana is basically reliving her own traumatic experiences once more just so Feyre gets treated well. Obviously, Rhys will find out and throw a fit. But who doesn't love self sacrificing to make others happy? I know I do.

Anyway, this half is coming to an end quickly. After this, the second half of this book will take place in Shadowhunters world. Rhys and the inner circle will be paying a visit to Brooklyn and experiencing Ana's world as they deal with some problems there. And some secrets will be revealed, some relationships will be formed, and so on. I'm super excited AHHHHH.

Please comment and vote!

Love you!

~ a.h.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 181 21
Nyx, now 27 years old, opened a portal to another world. And met Amber, a human girl with no knowledge of the Fae World. A deep friendship is the res...
8.2K 362 16
Ellaria Of Troy: a cursed woman and the High General of the Armies of Olympus. The demigoddess who fell from the sky in Prythian, into the arms of...
6.1K 132 7
Nightmares don't just happen in the dark, but in this story, they do. A female from the Court of Nightmares ends up mixing with the Inner Circle. WAR...
469K 18K 83
[COMPLETED] A hundred years had passed since the war against Hybern. Life was back to normal until a fae child fell from the sky and claimed to be fr...