ISSUES | Hanni x Reader

By rg4062

what could possibly go wrong? More

P2
P3
P4

P1

608 20 27
By rg4062

Narrator

Hanni Pham has always been a little... challenged. Mostly academically, but also in a lot of other things.

Her classmates still don't know this, and think of her as a model student.

Y/L/N is a diagnosed sociopath. They've always struggled to feel any kind of empathy or connection towards any other human being. They do things to benefit themselves and themselves only.

They bully because they get a kick out of it, they do whatever just because they want to, whether it be because they're bored, angry, and because they don't feel any sort of remorse for what they do.

Y/n's POV

My friends and I were ditching class, hanging around at the back of the school, once again.

"I think it's probably at level 30 now," Yeonjun said as he puffed on his cigarette, looking into the sky.

"Mine's probably level 50," Soobin boasted.

"You're lying!" Yeonjun laughed.

"No, my shuttle is just that good," Soobin denied.

We've been at it for weeks. First person to level 200 on a game we've been playing.

"What about yours, Y/n?" Soobin nodded at me.

"Ehhh... level 50." I said.

"Don't you guys feel a little sorry for your shuttles? They barely get to go home with the amount of time you're making them grind." Yeonjun said.

A shuttle is another student who carries out another assignment for you. There are many types of shuttles, like video game shuttles and homework shuttles. They're like slaves at that point.

"Who cares? Free levels is free levels." Soobin said. "That's probably why you're still at level 30, you keep giving your shuttle time off."

"I guess so." Yeonjun puffed his cigarette.

Soobin and Yeonjun aren't really my 'friends'. They're more like company. Something to cure my boredom. Tools.

They know about my mental health condition, and they're fine with it.

"Hyungnim! There's someone coming!" The first-grader that we forced on lookout hissed.

"Oh shit-" Yeonjun and Soobin stubbed out their cigarettes and hid them under their shoes.

"What are you three doing back here?!" The president, Minji said.

"Uh, we needed fresh air, presidentnim," Soobin said, putting his arms behind his back and straightening up.

"You think I'm stupid? You stink of cigarettes." Minji said.

"Can you only smell it because your nose is so fuckin' long?" I asked.

Yeonjun and Soobin snickered.

"What- DETENTION FOR THE THREE OF YOU!" She yelled, her face red with embarrassment.

The two groaned and surrendered, walking back to class.

We slid open the door and took our seats.

"Okay.. I will now begin reading out the top 3 best exam scores from the recent exam," the teacher announced.

The class ooed in excitement.

I smirked to myself as I knew I was going to get first place again.

School's always been easy. I've always been able to ace every exam, even without studying. Which is why I cut classes so often, simply because it's boring.

"Starting at number 3... with a score of 96/100... we have Kang Haerin!!" She announced.

The class clapped and cheered as she went up to collect her test.

I laughed to myself a little. Kang Haerin has always been exactly one spot behind me. No matter how hard she studied, she could never beat me.

Shame for her to drop another place.

"Next in 2nd place... with a score of 98/100.. Y/L/N!!" She announced.

I choked on my saliva.

The class clapped quietly as I went up and grabbed my test.

"Aren't they the school freak?" They hissed.

"And in first place.. with a score of 100/100... Hanni Pham!!!" The teacher announced.

How did she get 100/100?

"98 is still good," Soobin laughed at my reactions.

My paper creased in my hand over time as my fists clenched.

I waited for class to end, before calling my lunch shuttle.

"Y-yes?" He trembled.

"Go bring me food." I grumbled.

He bowed and left.

The rest of the class shot dirty looks at me. I shot back looks of smug glee.

I genuinely don't know what it's like to feel for anybody else. Sometimes it's hard to feel my own feelings. I haven't been able to feel in a long time.

My parents fought a lot because of me, and my dad would eventually become an alcoholic. He hurt me and my mom often.

Both of them would yell at me, saying that I ruined their lives and they just wish I was never born so they could live happily.

Eventually, they had enough and split, completely ditching me.

I think that was the last time I felt anything?

The shuttle returned with my food, and placed it gently on my desk.

"With both hands and your head down, idiot," I smacked him on the head.

"Ow- ow- sorry.." he apologised.

I kept smacking him for no reason. Just because I felt like it. The class stopped eating and stared.

"Okay, okay, okay!" Yeonjun put down his chopsticks and stopped me from hitting the kid any more.

He chewed and swallowed his food. "Kid, you can go now,"

The kid looked like he was about to cry as he scurried off, and I laughed at him a little.

"You can't do stuff like that," Soobin chuckled.

"Yes I can." I grinned.

"Gosh, I can't eat properly with those asses," The president grunted.

She slammed her chopsticks loudly on the table, and the whole class turned to her.

She got up, and walked over to us.

"You. Get out!" She pointed at the door. "You're ruining everyone's lunch, can't you see?"

"Hahah, do I care?" I laughed at her.

"How are you so relentless?!" She yelled.

She then slapped me across the face, and the class gasped.

The students whispered to one another.

"Isn't Y/n some sort of lunatic?" One girl said.

"I think Y/n's a sociopath." Another whispered. "Too scared to ask."

I turned my head back around to face the president. This bitch actually hit me.

"Alright alright!" Soobin stood up and tried to guide Minji. "Please just walk away, it's better if you do,"

"NO!! THEY NEED TO LEAVE NOW-" she yelled.

An empty can of cola came flying at her face, and the audience were all shook. They gasped and awed at her. Some even laughed.

"Shut the fuck uppp," the dude who threw it groaned. "So loud,"

Minji retreated in embarrassment once again.

I know that bullying people isn't good, but I always get a kick out of it. Plus, who cares?

I wasn't bothered again for the rest of the day, and I skipped detention after school.

Hanni's POV

"Nice job on the exam," the teacher congratulated me at the end of school.

I thanked and bowed, before taking my leave and catching up with my friends as we walked home.

Minji has been grumpy all day, because Y/n was making her look bad.

"I'm the president," she mumbled to herself. "I shouldn't be treated like that!"

"Y/n is y/n anyways, don't think of it about too much," I comforted.

"It's 'don't think about it too much', not whatever you said," Haerin said.

"Oh, right," I nodded in acknowledgement.

"How did you manage best score?" She asked.

"Ummm.... I studied lots," I lied.

"Huh, well you earned it," she said.

Hyein, Danielle, and Haerin parted ways with us as they went back to their houses.

"Minji, you know you could get Y/n expelled, right?" I said. "Why not just get rid of them?"

"I- I don't want to," she said.

"Why not? You don't like them," I said.

"Yeah, but I just don't feel like expelling them. A part of me doesn't want that. I can't really explain it, and I know Y/n is a jerk, but I just don't want to." She answered.

We chatted for a bit until I parted with her to get home. I plopped myself onto my bed after I went into my room.

I sighed and pouted at my phone screen. I got 100/100, but that was because I paid for it. It was real expensive too, and I had to use my dad's money.

My past tests were all paid too, but they were cheaper for lower scores.

"Pleas just help me out," I texted.

"No, if you can't afford it, you can't get it." They texted back. "Do you know how risky it is to cheat on a test like that?"

"Okey, fine!" I texted.

My dad then came into my room, all angry. He said something about losing money.

"You BOUGHT ALL your results?!!" He screamed. "YOU SPENT MY MONEY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION?!"

"But dad!!" I yelped. "Everyone will make fun of me if they find out! I had to!"

"No.. you know how hard it's been since your mother left?! And you do this?!" Dad screamed.

"Come here!!" He ordered.

I slowly walked towards him. Fearing what would happen.

He raised his hand to hit me, and I put my hands up to my face to try and block it.

"RESISTING?!!" He screamed.

He curled his hand into a fist and smacked me with it.

I yelped out in pain as I fell and he continued hitting me.

I crawled away and started running. He chased me to the front door, and I bolted.

I ran outside as he chased me with his belt.

"HANNI PHAM, COME BACK HERE!" He yelled.

I ran, and I ran, and I ran.

I ran until my heart was pumping through my shirt.

Dad kept chasing me, and I looked and went to the first person I could find for help.

The only person I found was Y/n.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 7.3K 90
"Great news! Wei WuXian has died!" "Wait- WHAT?!" "But I'm still here." The juniors (Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, and Ouyang Zizhen) accidentall...
287K 13.8K 93
Riven Dixon, the youngest of the Dixon brothers, the half brother of Merle and Daryl dixon was a troubled young teen with lots of anger in his body...
202K 5.4K 67
Zero already has a boyfriend that she loves but finds out that he is cheating but she tries to work it out and stay with him. But then she goes to th...
169K 8.9K 57
Abandoned and ignored by her father, Princess Vaella remained at her mother's side. Forced to watch as life went on for those around her, while her...