and we scored

By amyhopeey

NINI I've spent the last years running away from my past. Now, I've finally found what I need. Friends. Coll... More

a playlist
Scene 1
Scene 2
Scene 3
Scene 4
Scene 5
Scene 6
Scene 7
Scene 8
Scene 9
Scene 10
Scene 11
Scene 12
Scene 13
Scene 14
Scene 15
Scene 16
Scene 17
Scene 18
Scene 19
Scene 20
Scene 21
Scene 22
Scene 23
Scene 24
Scene 25
Scene 26
Scene 27
Scene 28
Scene 29
Scene 30
Scene 31
Scene 32
Scene 33
Scene 34
Scene 35
Scene 36
Scene 37
Scene 38
Scene 39
Scene 40
Scene 41
Scene 42
Scene 43
Scene 44
Scene 45
Scene 47
Scene 48
Scene 49
Epilogue
Extended Epilogue
Author's Note
Sneak peek: 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“Œβ„― 𝒽𝒢𝓉ℯ𝒹

Scene 46

3.8K 126 20
By amyhopeey

NINI

I am staring at the pizza on the table, the little skittles placed to spell "Sorry" on top. That asshole decided to use my romcom addiction against me. Hence why the knife in my hand. I am planning on torturing this pizza. Make it look like my heart right now. In pieces.

I am so close to starting my payback action as the door opens and April walks in holding Dia by her arm. The two stop and stare as soon as they see me. I guess I'm something one could stare at. In my "Wrencore Drama Club" hoodie, a grey pair of sweatpants, a pair of fluffy white socks and a messy bun, I don't exactly look like a serial pizza killer.

April comes closer to me as Dia puts her headphones on. My friend takes the knife from my hand and puts it in a safe distance. As soon as the knife is gone and the pizza is taken from in front of me, Dia takes her headphones back off, putting them around her neck. She comes closer to April, the one who is holding the pizza right now and sneaks a glance at the text on it.

"Princess Diaries?", Dia asks, obviously recognizing it. I made them watch this movie at least twenty times so far.

I only nod.

"Caden?", April continues the interrogation. My lungs stop working right just by hearing his name.

I nod again.

"At least he's trying", she adds, taking a slice of the pizza and putting it in her mouth. I give her an offended stare.

"I was going to destroy that, thank you very much."
"Then it's good I took it away in time. It tastes delicious", April replies. She takes another slice and hands it over to Dia. "Want some?", she asks her and Dia only nods shy, taking the slice from April.

I roll my eyes. "Are you really planning on just eating my whole sorry pizza or are you also going to help me figure out what the heck to do next?"

April only raises her shoulders smirking while Dia looks nervous at the ground. They take a sit in front of me at the table and begin the made-up therapy session.

"Do you still love him?", April asks, and I immediately know I'm done with this conversation.

I stand up and want to walk away.

"You were the one asking for our help", she shouts as I'm opening the door to my room. It makes me turn around to them and I can't help but bite my bottom lip to keep the tears inside.

"No, I know. And I'm so sorry for reacting like this. It's just...All I want to do is cry."

April nods understanding and says: "Then, we'll cry with you."

I look at her with an eyebrow raised. It's then Dia whispers: "Friends don't let friends cry alone."

"But you don't have to force yourself to cry just to do it with me", I reply. The two share a knowing look and head for the couch.

"Then we'll force all of us to cry", April explains as she takes the remote and opens the streaming app, to play The Notebook.

I nod with a broken smile on my face, the most honest one I had in a while, and few minutes later I'm sitting between them on the couch, all cuddled in cozy blankets, surrounded by boxes of tissues knowing what's going to happen.

~

"We're home", Soph shouts from in front of the door as she and Nessie walk inside. They are both carrying some grocery bags and want to head to the kitchen, yet they stop as they notice me, April and Dia on the couch, all tearing up.

"What's going?" Soph asks, immediately worried. Nessie also freezes and raises an eyebrow.

"We wanted to cry", April explains taking yet another tissue from the fifth box we've used so far.

"That's...normal", Nessie replies. "Are we doing movie night?"

"We just wanted to watch one movie, but we wouldn't mind watching more if you'd also want to", I say. April and Dia nod to back me up.

"The Notebook?", Soph asks, sneaking a glance at the screen. We all start nodding again.

"It's almost done. We can watch Titanic afterwards", April suggests. I throw her an agreeing look. Soph shrugs. Nessie adds: "Wow, going deep already."

She brings the grocery bags on the kitchen isle, followed by Soph. Nessie takes out some ingredients and says: "I'll make something for us."

We all look at her questioning, asking whether she needs some help. She just shakes her head and says we should continue watching.

Soph takes a sit next to Dia on the couch, giving us all a look. We all turn our heads to her.

"So, any word from Caden?", she asks. April raises an eyebrow, wondering if she knew about the pizza. Soph gets the hint and continues.

"Alec showed me some texts earlier. Caden has been asking like crazy in the Fab Five group chat whether someone knows a good pizzeria that could do him a favor."

"I bet I know how that chat continued", April replies smirking. I also can't stop a chuckle. Soph's face lights up as soon as she saw I relaxed.

"Yeah, Alec blocked his number and kicked him out of the chat for using too many emojis."

"Typical Alec...", April whispers. Soph softly hits her on the arm. We have to chuckle again.

"Anyway, then Jacob added Caden in the group chat again. Noah swore a bit telling everyone to mind their own business. Alec got annoyed of the many texts, so he set the chat on silent. Yet, he gave me the phone when I asked and I was able to watch the drama", she adds proud. We all widen our eyes, a sign for her to continue. She smiles and goes on: "Then, Adam helped Caden out by giving him the address of a pizzeria. Caden thanked him and then they discussed what they should write on your pizza. The chat was then filled with many photos. Alec deleted them all and muted his chat again. Jacob suggested some You Belong With Me pizza and Noah a Better than dessert, sweetheart pizza. Caden was the one who came with the idea to make you a Princess Diaries pizza. That's when the chat stopped."

"I bet Alec was over the moon to see it stop", April adds laughing. Soph also has to laugh and starts nodding. I can't help but smile.

"I swear, those five will be besties in no time", I add. The girls look at me smiling that I made a joke. We all begin laughing again then.

"I can see it though. They already have a weird society of their own", April continues.

"Do you think they'll drop the rules if they become besties?" I ask. Soph, April, Dia and Nessie all shake their heads.

"Alec might make them tattoo the rules on their arms", April adds. Soph softly hits her again on her arm.

"You're making him sound like the bad guy", my bestie says, trying to protect her boyfriend. "What about Noah? He might make some Bros before Hoes T-Shirts for them to wear."

"Yeah, I can see that", I say. "We also need some T-Shirts."

"As if", Nessie joins in. "I am not wearing a soul sisters T-Shirt, no matter how much I love you."

"Ouch", April reacts, faking being offended. "We love you too, Nessie."

"Just saying", she says smirking. She bends down to put a tray with something in the oven and comes to sit next to us on the couch while waiting for the food to cook.

"Fine, you make a point", I say giving up. I highly doubt I would wear that T-Shirt too.

"Thank you", Nessie replies smiling at me. She then turns her head to the screen. "You do know you missed half of the movie, right?"

We turn around to see the end credits on the screen.

"Damn it", April lets out. Then, taking the remote, she asks: "Anyone up for Titanic?"

"Always", I answer followed by some nods coming from my friends. April smiles and she begins the movie, while we're all scooching in closer together.

"I can't picture the Fab Five doing this though", April whispers after a while. We all blast out in laughter.

"While watching Titanic", I add, only making us laugh harder. Somehow, the pain of the past few hours slowly faded away. Not completely, I can still feel the hurt in my chest, but enough to allow me to enjoy the moment.

"Do you think they're also singing along?", Nessie asks.

Dia lets out a chuckle which makes April says: "My money's on Alec."

Soph gasps offended, yet the spark in her eyes shows she is amused: "You seriously need to stop picking on my boyfriend. Go find someone else to tease."

"But your boyfriend is so teasable", April replies. We all have to laugh again. Soph gives us a side eye.

The movie starts and I'm tilting my head on April's shoulder with Dia holding my hand. I know that this night can't get any better, but then April says: "Honestly now, a Fab Five Titanic remake...I would pay to see that."

I can't keep it together anymore and join the girls in a loud laughter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

790K 23.3K 44
"There is no way I am rooming with-uh that" I point to the devil sitting in the corner. He looks down on his phone not even paying attention to me...
3.4K 96 24
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...
11.1K 342 45
Lyla heads into her final year of College after getting through the summer of dealing with her break up with Shawn. Has she moved on? Even Lyla might...
116K 2.5K 34
An anxious homebody gets roped into her university quarterback's scheme to get back at both of their exes. **** Highest rating: #7 in books | 7 - 1...