A New Wildcard (COTExOC)

By GuardianLugia8

Advanced Nurturing High School or simply called ANHS is a Japanese institution funded by the government and i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 4

2.4K 75 28
By GuardianLugia8

When he said that the class became quiet as the students looked at him. He has managed to gather the attention of all of the class with a few words.

He can become a leader of the class with his ability to talk like that. And he doesn't seem to get nervous under pressure or the attention that he is in. Good abilities for an adequate leader of a group.

The other students were hesitant when they heard him, which I wasn't surprised about as telling about yourself in front of many others, especially strangers will hinder anyone in talking.

"I agree! After all, we don't know each other’s names, let alone anything about each other." The girl from the bus said with a smile.

And soon enough as if it's a chain reaction the other students also slowly agreed to the idea.

"My name is Hirata Yousuke. Because I was often called by my first name, Yousuke, in middle school, feel free to use my first name. Although I like all sports, I like soccer in particular, and also plan to play soccer at this school. Please take care of me." The boy, Hirata introduced himself before finishing with a smile.

10/10. That is a good self introduction. No stuttering or stopping in between and a confident face all the while. And he ended the introduction with a smile. Not to mention the fact that since he is a football player it would get some of the girls attention and the fact that he ended his introduction with a charming smile will get him good points with the girls. Actually, some of the girls have hearts in their eyes, looks like he already bagged a few of them. It also helped that he has a handsome face, I think the Japanese call people like these Ikeman or something. Though it might alternatively make the boys a bit antagonistic towards him.

"Well, if that was satisfactory… then, can we start self introductions from the beginning?" Hirata said with a smile.

And talking without an ounce of doubt. Yep, he will become a central figure of the class and with his face and personality get the attention of most of the girls. And if the expression of the boys is anything to go by then will be a bit antagonistic towards him.

I looked at the face of the boys and some of them have jealous faces as they looked at the reaction of the girls.

The attention was then brought to a girl beside Hirata who has a nervous face.

"M-my name Inogashira K-ko—" The girl said before she started to stutter more.

She is very nervous and with the focus of the class on her she will become more nervous and not be able to give her introduction clearly. The other girls have started to encourage her but she is only getting more nervous from it. While they might think it will help her it is only increasing her anxiety.

The words from the boys might seem forceful to her while the girls words made her feel a bit more reassuring. Something of a middle ground between them.

However the girl managed to calm herself down by breathing in and out before she looked at the classmates.

"My name is, Inogashira… Kokoro. Um, my hobby is sewing and I’m good at knitting. P-please take care of me." Inogashira managed to say as she breathed a sigh of relief at being able to complete her introduction.

She has a delighted, relieved and slightly embarrassed expression as she sat back on her seat.

Then other students started to also give their self introductions as well.

"I’m Yamauchi Haruki. In elementary school, I played table tennis at the national level, then was the baseball club’s ace in middle school—I had uniform number 4. But since I got an injury during Inter High recently, so I am currently in rehab. Nice to meet ya." The black haired guy, Yamauchi said with a grin as he addressed us.

Yeaaahh, he's lying through his teeth and it's not even that hard to notice. And a real baseball player would know that their number wouldn't matter, only professional players have to be concerned about it. It's horrendously obvious that he is saying that to get the attention of the girls and if the faces of the other's are anything to go by then they also figured it out. And honestly, he has a stupid face.

"Then I’m next, right?" The girl from the bus said with a smile.

She was also the one who reassured Inogashira before. She stood up and addressed us with a cheerful face and smile.

"My name is Kushida Kikyou, and since none of my friends from middle school came to this school, I want to get to know everyone and become friends!" The girl said as she introduced herself with a cheerful smile.

That's a good introduction and will definitely get points with the class.

"First of all, I want to become friends with everyone here. After all of you are done with your introductions, please exchange contact information with me!" Kushida said with a smile as she looked at all of the class.

Okay, she is quite cheerful. First time I'm meeting a girl like this.

"Then, during vacations or after school, I want to make memories with many people, so please invite me to many events. I’ve been talking for a while, so I’ll end my self-introduction here." Kushida said with a smile before she sat down.

And she clinched it. With her words she has made a positive impact on the minds of the students and they are going to view her favourably. She will also get more popular with the boys and girls and with her personality she will be able to get close to anyone she wants in the class. Most of the students will feel comfortable around her and will most likely want to talk with her. She will also become a central figure of the class like Hirata.

"Then, the next one is──" Hirata said as he turned to the next one.

"You guys idiots? I don’t wanna introduce myself, just leave me alone." The next guy, a red haired guy said as he glared at Hirata.

He honestly looked like a delinquent and he sure acts like it. It will be bad for his reputation in the class. Then again, he doesn't seem to care much about that fact.

"I can’t force you to introduce yourself. But, I don’t think that it’s a bad thing to get along with your classmates. If you thought I was being unpleasant, I apologize." Hirata said before he gave a small bow.

He is increasing his figure in front of the class. This will make him more popular in front of the girls and raise his reputation and standing in the class. An understanding and kind guy like him will get him more reputation amongst the class and they will also trust him more.

And just like I had just thought the girls started to get angry at the red haired guy for making Hirata bow to him.

"Isn’t it fine to do a simple self introduction?" One girl said to him.

"Yea, yea!" Another said in agreement.

And just like that the Ikeman is supported by the girls and gained their attention. I saw the red haired guy and almost half of the other boys stir in jealousy as they glared at Hirata.

"No. I don’t want to pretend that we’re good friends." The guy said before he stood up and left the classroom.

And alongside many other students also stood up from their seats and left the class. They most likely didn't want to get to know their classmates. I saw Horikita stand up as she walked out of the class. The pink haired girl to my right also stood up and left the class, most likely too embarrassed if her face is anything to go by.

"They’re not bad people. I’m also at fault since I asked them to stay out of my own selfishness." Hirata said as he looked a bit lonely.

Eh, it's not that guys fault that most of the boys are jealous and some of the other are not willing to introduce themselves.

"Hirata-kun did nothing bad. Let’s just leave those people alone." One girl said with a reassuring smile.

Even though some of the students left the others continued their self introductions.

"I’m Ike Kanji. The things I like are girls, and the things I hate are ikemen. I’m looking for a girlfriend at any time, so nice to meet you! Of course, you better be cute or beautiful!" The man Ike said with a smile.

Yep. He just announced himself as a pervert and will now get the ire and hate of the girls. Though from his face it looks like he doesn't realise what his words has done.

"Wow, cool~. Ike-kun, you’re so smooth." One of the girls said with a completely emotionless voice.

And there it is. Anyone could tell it is a lie. Alright Ike, get ready for a  3 year experience of bachelor school life.

"Really, really? Wow, I thought I wasn’t bad, but… hehe." Ike said with a blush as he became embarrassed thinking she was actually serious.

And he thinks she is actually serious? He is an idiot. Doesn't he recognise her tone or what?

And all the girls started laughing as he became more embarrassed.

"Wow, everyone, he’s cute. He’s recruiting girlfriends!" One girl said as they kept on laughing.

How does he not realise that they are making fun of him? It's blatantly obvious. Is he one of those idiots I had seen in anime?

He just waved his hands embarrassed so he still doesn't realise it.

"Um, can you introduce yourself?" Hirata asked the next person.

It was the same boy who didn't give the seta to the old lady who is currently combing his hair.

"Fu~. Ok." He said as he stopped combing his hair as he gave a smile.

He kept his feet on the desk as he addressed the class.

"My name is Koenji Rokusuke. Being the only heir of the Koenji conglomerate, I am a man who will be responsible for Japanese society in the near future. Pleased to meet you, ladies." The guy, Koenji said with a flashy smile as he addressed the girls.

So he is only interested in introducing himself to the girls rather than the whole class huh. It was very obvious that he only cared about the women.

Some of the girls looked at him with glittering eyes when they heard his introduction, most likely the fact that he is rich. Though he would most likely treat them as a fling at best, and not of his time at worst. Some of the girls however looked at him as if he is crazy, which is a natural reaction.

"From now on, I will relentlessly punish anything that makes me feel uncomfortable. Be careful in that respect." Koenji said to the students with an arrogant tone.

"Eh… Koenji-kun. What do you mean by ‘anything that makes me uncomfortable’?" Hirata asked in a worried tone.

"Exactly as I said. But if I were to give an example───I hate unattractive things. If I saw something ugly, I would do as I said." Koenji said without missing a beat.

Well, he is very confident and hates ugly things. Noted.

"Oh, thank you. I will make sure to be careful." Hirata said with a smile.

He doesn't look that bothered by his words which is a good thing I guess.

"Um… the next person───please introduce yourself." Hirata said turning to Ayanokoji.

"Eh?" Ayanokoji said surprised.

I had expected myself to be next but it was a surprise. Ayanokoji also seemed surprised as he slowly stood up from his seat and looked at us.

"Well …… Um, my name is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. The, er… there’s nothing particular about me, I will do my best to get along with everyone, uh, nice to meet you." Ayanokoji said with an emotionless face as he gave his introduction.

Hmm, strange. Unlike the others he actually sounds like he doesn't actually know how to talk to others. And his face isn't showing anything as well. Quite an unusual guy. Though his introduction wasn't that good but it could've been worse. Though the students might not have a positive opinion of him.

It looks like he noticed it as well as he sat back and buried his face in his hands.

"Nice to met you Ayanokouji-kun. I also want to get alone with everyone, so let’s do our best." Hirata said with a refreshing smile.

Then he clapped and soon after the rest clapped. Most likely realising that he isn't that good at talking.

"And now you're next." Hirata said as he turned to me.

Soon the attention of the rest of the students was on me as they looked at me. I stood up from my seat as I looked at them with my usual default emotionless face.

"My name is Aaron Benedict. A transfer student from India. I like to play games, watch movies and anime. I hope we will have a good school life." I said to them with a neutral tone.

"Thank you Aaron. Welcome to Japan." Hirata said with a smile as he clapped.

The other students also clapped as they smiled at me. I think it's mostly because of the fact that I'm a foreigner and they have not seen many Indians.

"Yeah welcome to Japan." One girl said as she clapped.

"I hope we can show you what we can do." One other girl said with a smile as she clapped as well.

"It's good to have a fellow comrade." The glasses wearing guy, Sotomura said with a smile as he clapped at me.

I saw Ayanokoji looking at me and clapping as well as I also saw Koenji giving me a side glance as he still has the same face.

Well, looks like this went without a hitch. Good for me.

(A/N: The current harem suggestions: Fuka Kiryuin, Saw Chabashira, Airi Sakura, Honami Ichinose, Hiyori Shiina, Horikita Suzune, Haruka Hasebe, Mio Ibuki, Nazuna Asahina, Chie Hoshinomiya (should I add her?.)
There has been a suggestion for Arisu but I want to know if she likes Ayanokoji or not. And for Ichika, she already seems to be infatuated with Ayanokoji so she is a no go as well. Besides, the guy needs some girl of his own don't you think? So do suggest girls for Ayanokoji if you want.
And the suggestions are still open cause come on, the girls in Cote are hot.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 146 9
Advanced Nurturing High School or ANHS, a school where only the cream of the crop, the top of the top, the elite, can enroll. It is a school know for...
7.2K 351 7
During the Entrance Ceremony in the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing Highschool gymnasium, a massive spell of light appeared throughout the gymn...
215K 6.7K 27
(Discontinued) Yes, another COTE fanfic, IDK why I do them but, that doesn't matter. Synopsis: A new special exam was announced for the second year...
4.2K 111 13
ANHS. A prestigious educational institution with unsurpassed statistics - 100% of students enter universities or find work. Students are allowed to w...