Miss Americana. The Falcon an...

okayokayyyyyy

This is mostly for me to get the story and character i created in my head down. Leave a comment with feedback... Еще

The Power Broker

Backstory + The Star-Spangled Man

22 1 1
okayokayyyyyy

The news was exploding over Sam, the Falcon, giving away Steve's shield. Articles arose saying he shouldn't have gotten it in the first place and Miss Americana, America's Sweetheart, Summer Johnson should have received it in the first place.
Summer Johnson grew up next to Steve and Bucky, or Stevie and Jamie as she liked to call them. She grew up working on cars and machinery with her father and after he passed she continued with mechanics. Summer was accepted for a Stark internship on his new secret, experimental project with the military. Unaware that Steve would later be the subject of the experiment and they would reunite. When saving Bucky and facing Cap's enemy, Red Skull, at the Hydra base, Bucky and Summer both died in action, or so everyone thought. Bucky survived the fall because of the experiments Hydra had already performed and was captured by them again. Summer was captured as well and throughout the years was experimented on in order to achieve a Hydra super soldier greater than any. While Bucky was on missions as the Winter Soldier, Summer was tortured with many drugs and experimental tactics to achieve the abilities of telekinesis, super strength,
omnilingualism and breathing underwater. When SHEILD went down in Captain America and the Winter Soldier, Nick Fury and Maria had planned a secret mission to take down a known hydra base. In doing so, they saved Summer. She and Steve reunited in the safe house where Nick Fury was recovering from his faked death.
Summer, Steve and Sam had gone to find Bucky. In Civil War, Summer took sides with Iron Man and wanted everyone to sign to keep the peace but like Black Widow, she didn't stop Steve and Bucky from escaping on the plane.
After Steve's death in End Game she cut herself off from the avengers and did avenging on her own, undercover, in the Eastern side of the world. News spread and citizens called her Night Shadow as her identity was unknown.

Summer revs the engine and speeds up, closing in on the two semi-trucks where Bucky, Sam, the new Captain America and his sidekick Battlestar are fighting the flag smashers. She jumps off the bike and lifts herself into the air, landing on the truck.
"Guess my invite got lost in the mail."
Bucky and Sam are shocked to see her. A supersoldier kicks Sam off the truck but he saves himself by flying. Bucky falls down the side of the truck and is holding on while a super soldier is kicking his bionic arm to make him drop. Two soldiers team up on Summer and after dodging their punches, they both kick her off the truck and she slams into the side of the second semi. Luckily, Sam has managed to get between the two trucks, he swoops in and saves them both. However, the weight is too much and he drops Summer and Bucky. They roll together through the grass field. Finally losing momentum, Bucky is on top of Summer when they come to a stop. Both out of breath from the tumble they make brief eye-contact before Summer lifts him into the air with her mind, rolls out from under him and drops him straight on his face.
"Really?" Bucky grunts.
She walks over to Sam and as she gives him a hand up says,
"So, was the plan to get your asses beat, or did that just happen naturally?"
Sam rolls his eyes, "What are you doing here?"
"Oh, I can leave if you prefer and you can continue getting beat up by a little girl next to new Cap."
The three of them start walking back together.
Summer breaks the silence.
"So...anyone want to tell me why we just fought eight super soldiers?"
"Do you want to tell us where you've been the last six months?" Sam counters.
"I haven't been anywhere."
"Oh really! great answer, really. great."
Bucky finally says something, "We've gotta figure out where the super serum is coming from."
"Yeah, and how after eighty years are there eight super soldiers running loose."

Cap rolls by in the jeep.
"So, that didn't go as planned huh?"
the three ignore him and keep walking so he instructs the driver to just keep going.
"Look, at least we know what we're up against now huh?" he tries again. "And we're pretty sure it's one of the big three."
"Aliens, Androids or Wizards." Battlestar adds.
Bucky yells, "There's no such thing as wizards!"
"Alright then it's aliens or androids."
"or super soldiers." Sam says.
"Shit. Super soldiers, for real?
"Yeah."
"Wow. Alright, well, then we gotta work together." cap says optimistically.
"That's not happening" Summer speaks up finally.
"I think we stand a much better chance if we all just"
Bucky interrupts, "Just 'cause you carry that shield, it doesn't mean you're Captain America."
"Look, I've done the work okay?"
"You ever jump on top of a grenade?" asks Buck.
"Yeah. Actually, I have. Four times. it's this thing I do with my helmet. It's a reinforced helmet. It's a long story, but, any-Look, it's 20 miles to the airport. You guys need a ride. Guys. Gary, stop. Get in."
The three get in the truck and John continues babbling.
"Okay, so we've got eight Super Soldiers on a bull supply run...Why?"
Sam answers him, "they say their mission is to get things back to the way it was during The Blip. Maybe they're just trying to help."
"They had a funny way of showing it." says Buck.
"That serum doesn't exactly have a great track record." Says John and makes sure to add "No offense" and looks at Summer and Bucky, but they dont respond.
"We need to figure out where they're going. How'd you track 'em here? The Flag Smashers?"
BattlerStar answers Sam "Uh, we didn't track them..we tracked you..through..uh..Redwing."
"You hacked my tech?"
John laughs. "Sorry it's not exactly 'hacking'. it's government property." he points between him and his partner, "we're kinda the government"
"Does he always just stare like that?" asks John looking at Bucky
"You get used to it."
"Look, i know that things have gotten kind of, uh..
"-chaotic" Lemar finishes for him.
"yeah. well, the GRC, they're doing the best they can to get things up and running smoothly, post Blip."
"reactivating citizenship, social security, healthcare. Basically just managing resources for the refugees who were displaced by the return."
"The Global Repatriation Council does all that. i get that. So why exactly are you two here?" asks Sam.
Lemar answers, "Well they provide the resources and we keep things stable."
"Yeah, violent revolutionaries aren't usually good for anyone's cause."
"Usually said by the people with the resources" Sam snarkily comments.
"Well, we've got a lot of resources. If you guys, if you joined up with us, we could..."
"No." Buck says sternly.
"I got mad respect for y'all. But you were kinda getting your asses kicked till we showed up. And Summer-..Miss Americana showed up of course." he corrects himself.
Summer hasn't spoken and has been looking off into the distance, avoiding eye contact and conversation but she looks at Lemar when he says her name.
"You alright?" he asks her.
Bucky intervenes. "Who are you?"
"Lemar Hoskins."
"Look I see a guy hanging out of a helicopter in tactical gear, I need a lot more than Lemar Hoskins." says Sam.
"I'm Battlestar. John's partner."
"Battlestar?" says Bucky judgingly
Lemar continues, "look, aren't you guys used to working in a team?"
"Actually, no." Summer says with a hard, stern look and she stands up and jumps out the car with a soft glide.
"Stop the car!" yells Bucky and he gets out.
"Look, I.. I get it, okay? I get the attitude, i do. You'd don't think that the shield was gonna end up here. I get it, bucky! And i'm not trying to be Steve or replace him. I'm just trying to be the best Captain America i can be. That's it. And it'd be a whole lot easier if i had Cap's friends on my side.
Sam scoffs, "it's always that last line." and follows Bucky and Summer.

...
On the plane ride back to the states Bucky and Sam have a discussion while Summer lays down hands behind her head.

Sam breaks the silence, "You all right?" he asks Buck.

"Let's take the shield. Let's take the shield and do this ourselves."

Summer stays silent.

"We can't just run up on the man, beat him up, and take it."

"Well..." Summer interrupts. 

Sam gives her a stern look. 

She puts her hands up in a don't shoot position."Kidding. Kidding." 

Sam rolls his eyes. "Do you remember what happened the last time we stole it?"

"Maybe." Buck replies reluctantly.

"I'll help you in case you forgot. Sharon was branded enemy of the state, and Steve and I were on the run for two years.
I don't know about you, but I don't wanna live the rest of my life la vida loca. We just got our ass handed to us by Super Soldiers, and we got nothing."

"Not entirely true...There is someone that you should meet."

Bucky takes Sam to see Isaiah but Summer has somewhere else to be. However, she gets a phone call from Sam informing her that Bucky has been arrested for missing his court-mandated therapy session.
Summer and Sam are sitting in the waiting area when Buck's therapist, Dr. Raynor, walks up.

"Sam. Summer. I've heard a lot about the two of you."
Sam and Summer exchange a look.
"I'm Dr. Raynor. I'm James's therapist."

"Nice to meet you." Summer replies and shakes her hand.
"Thanks for getting him out" Sam adds.
"That was not me."

"Christina! it's great to see you again." Walker approaches them.

"You gotta be kidding me. You know him?" Sam mutters

"Yeah, we did some field ops back in the day."

"I heard you were working with Bucky, so I thought I'd step in. Bucky's not gonna be following a strict schedule any longer."

"We haven't finished our work. Who authorized this?"

"Um..." Walker says gesturing to himself. "He's too valuable of an asset to have tied up. So, just do whatever you got to do with him,then send him off to me. Got some unfinished business, him and I. You too." He points between Sam and Summer. "I'll be outside."

Bucky enters the room with two policemen behind him.

"James, condition of your release, session now. That includes you two. Let's go."
Sam and Summer immediately start mumbling excuses.
"That's okay. I'll be out here with..."
"Yeah, not my thing. I got a somewhere.."

"That wasn't a request." Dr. Raynor says as she walks away.
The three of them stand there awkwardly looking at each other for a moment before following her.

...

The three of them sit across from Dr. Raynor.

Sam: This is ridiculous.

Sum: Yeah.

Buck: I agree.

R: See? Making progress already. So, who wants to go first? No volunteers?Wow.
How surprising.
Okay.
We're going to do an exercise. It's something I use with couples when they are trying to figure out what kind of life they wanna build together.
Are you familiar with the miracle question?

Buck: Absolutely not.
Summer: The what?
Sam: Of course.

R: Okay, it goes like this.
Suppose that while you're sleeping, a miracle occurs.
When you wake up, what is something that you would like to see that would make your life better?

Sam: In my miracle, Bucky would...

Buck: he would talk less.

Sam: Exactly what I was gonna say. Isn't that ironic?

You guys are leaving me with no choice. James. Sam. It's time for the soul-gazing exercise.

Buck: I like this one better.

Sam: Oh, God. He's gonna love this.

Yeah, I'm ready.

This is right up your alley.

R: Okay. Summer scotch to the side. Now guys, turn around. Face each other.

Sam: You should really enjoy this.

Buck: I'm going to.

I know you are.

Yeah.

R: Sam. Face each other. Get close.

This is a good exercise. Thanks, Doc.

All right, get close. Come on, a little closer.

Summer rolls her eyes as the guys fight over their leg positions.

Buck: Which way you want to go?
Right or left?
Do you have to have your legs open?

Sam: You know what? Fine. Here. You happy now?
- All right.
- All right.
- Good.
- Fine.
- We're locked in.
- That's a little close.
- Very close. That's what you wanted, right?

R: "Alright, guys. Good. Now look at each other. You need to look at each other in the eyes. There, you see? That wasn't so hard.
Wait, what are you doing? Are you having a staring contest?
Just blink.
(SNAPS FINGERS)
Sweet Jesus.
Summer snickers.

All right, James, why does Sam aggravate you? And don't say something childish.

Buck: Why did you give up that shield?

Sam: Why are you making such a big deal out of something that has nothing to do with you?

Buck: Steve believed in you.
He trusted you.
He gave you that shield for a reason.
That shield, that is... that is everything he stood for. That is his legacy. He gave you that shield, and you threw it away like it was nothing.

SAM: Shut up.

So maybe he was wrong about you.
And if he was wrong about you, then he was wrong about me.

Sam: You finished?

- Yeah.

All right, good. Maybe this is something you or Steve will never understand. But can you accept that I did what I thought was right?
(Buck scoffs)
You know what, Doc? I don't have time for this. We have some real serious shit going on. So how about this?
I will squash it right now. We go deal with that, and when we're done, we both can go on separate, long vacations and never see each other again.

- I like that.

- Great.

Well, let's get to work. Thanks, Doc, for making it weird. I feel much better. I'll see you outside.

R: Thank you. That was really..great.

Okay let's try with you two. Dr. Raynor motions for Summer to move back.
Summer sighs and brings her chair back next to Bucks. 

Summer: "Alright. But I'm not doing the whole leg thing."

Bucky's lips move into the faintest smile that it almost doesn't count, but it does. 

"So, why haven't you two talked in months."

Summer answers the doctor. "I've been...travelling. You know, sightseeing and stuff."

Buck: "That's good. I'm happy for you." 

There's a hint of sarcasm in his voice but his genuine eyes say differently.

"Thank you." says Summer and they lock eyes for a small moment until Summer looks down, breaking the tension that seems to pull the two.

"So, have you guys always had this connection? This friendship, I mean."

"We grew up together but Steve was probably the only reason we talked."

"Probably." Summer agrees.

"So when Steve passed did you-"

Summer cuts off the doctor when she abruptly stands forcing her chair back with a screech. "I'm sorry, but you're his shrink not mine. Look, we're cool, Buck. You and Steve leaving,  you turning to dust..and coming back, Steve... it's all in the past. We're good. It was nice to meet you Dr. Raynor." 

Summer leaves the room and after a moment of silence Bucky speaks up. "What was rule number two again?"

"Don't hurt anyone."

"Goodbye, Doc."
...

Summer is sitting on the hood of a cop car and Sam is leaning against the car parallel to her when Bucky comes outside.

Sam: Well, I feel better.

Buck: I feel awful.

(CAR SIREN WHOOPING)

The three of them look up to find Walker waving them over.

Walker: Gentlemen! Lady. Good too see you again. Look, if we divide ourselves, we don't stand a chance, you guys know that.

Sam: So what do you got?

Well, the leader's name's Karli Morgenthau. We've been targeting civilians who've been helping Karli move from place to place.

Battlestar: They geotagged a location, then scrambled the signal. But our satellites have found their symbol popping up in various displaced communities all across Central and Eastern Europe.

Walker: We think that she's taking the medicine she just stole to one of these camps.

Buck: So I guess you'll have to look real hard.

Good thing I have 20 /20 vision, huh?

Summers furred her brows with disgust at Walker's comment.

Buck: Where is she now, Walker? Do you know?

No, we don't know, Bucky. But it's only a matter of time before we find out.

Things are really intense for you, aren't they, Walker?

Sam: Take it easy. Look, Walker's right. It is imperative that we find them and stop them. But you guys have rules of engagement and all kind of authorizations you have to get. We're free agents. We're more flexible. So it wouldn't make sense for us to work with you.

Walker: A word of advice, then. Stay the hell out of my way.

Summer stifles a laugh.

Sorry. No, that was convincing. I'm really scared, Walker.

Summer turns and walks away with Bucky and Sam following. Walker scowls at them as they leave.

...

Sam: You successfully pushed his buttons Summer. So what are we thinking?

Buck: Well, I know what we have to do. When Isaiah said "my people"...

Sam: Oh, don't take that to heart.

Buck: That's not what he meant. He meant HYDRA. HYDRA used to be my people.

Sam scoffs.

Not a chance.

Buck: Walker doesn't have any leads.

Sam: I know where you're going with this, no.

Buck: He knows all of HYDRA's secrets.

Summer: Buck.

Sam: Don't you remember Siberia? So you're just gonna go sit in a room with this guy?

Buck hesitates and Summer looks at him with concern awaiting his response.

Yes.

Okay, then. We're gonna go see Zemo.

Summer: Are you sure?

Buck responds with a nod.

...

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

342K 12.1K 54
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
428K 29.2K 44
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
823K 18.7K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
385K 23.3K 82
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...