The Space Between Us (S1) ||...

By its-beebo

Number Eight, also know as Y/n Hargreeves, has the power of telekinesis and telepathy. She is one of the 8 ki... More

Please Read This
☕️ Prologue & Cast ☕️
☕️ Chapter One ☕️
☕️ Chapter Two ☕️
☕️ Chapter Four ☕️
☕️ Chapter Five ☕️
☕️ Chapter Six ☕️
☕️ Chapter Seven ☕️
☕️ Chapter Eight ☕️
☕️ Chapter Nine ☕️
☕️ Chapter Ten ☕️
☕️ Chapter Eleven ☕️
☕️ Chapter Twelve ☕️
☕️ Chapter Thirteen ☕️
☕️ Chapter Fourteen ☕️
☕️ Chapter Fifteen ☕️
☕️ Chapter Sixteen ☕️
☕️ Chapter Seventeen ☕️
☕️ Chapter Eighteen ☕️
☕️ Chapter Nineteen ☕️
☕️ Chapter Twenty ☕️
☕️ Chapter Twenty One ☕️
☕️ Chapter Twenty Two ☕️
☕️ Chapter Twenty Three ☕️
☕️ Chapter Twenty Four ☕️
☕️ Chapter Twenty Five ☕️
Season Two Is Out

☕️ Chapter Three ☕️

665 20 3
By its-beebo

"I honestly can't believe you, Luther. Thinking one of us killed Dad...none of us were even here when he died..." I grumble, as I flop onto the bed. "How can someone be such a dumbass?!"

I cover my face with my hands and sigh. "Ugh...I sound like a little kid complaining..."

I just lay on my bed, until I hear some music start playing. The song 'I Think We're Alone Now' to be exact. I smile to myself and get off my bed and start swaying to the beat a little.

(She's a mixture between Allison and Klaus...so she's an ok-ish dancer)

From my bed, I grab the blanket and wrap it around my shoudlers, pretending as if it were a long cape. I swish it around, as I dance, until there's a sudden blue light that appears outside with thunder booming.

Throwing my blanket on the bed, I run out of my room and meet Allison in the hallway. "Did you see that?"

"If you're talking about that weird blue light, then yes. I saw it." Allison answers and we get outside, where Vanya, Diego, and Luther are already standing.

"What is it?" Vanya asks.

"Don't get too close!" Allison exclaims.

As I stare into the blue light, it feels oddly familiar. "Guys! Doesn't this remind any of you of F-"

A sudden pain shoots through my entire body, making me fall straight onto the ground, harshly. "Ah!"

"Y/n!" Vanya crouches down beside me. "What's wrong?!"

Allison crouches down on the other side of me. "What's going on?!"

"My body..." I start feeling lightheaded. "It hurts...so mu-" I black-out.

•·················•·················••·················•·················••·················•·················•

I groan and sit up. Somehow, I'm now in my bed, even though I remember going outside after that random blue light appeared. My body still aches. Just why did that sharp pain course through my body earlier? It hurt like hell.

I climb off my bed and...I'm shorter? I start to freak out a little, so I run over to the mirror in my room and look at myself for a few seconds before screaming at what I see. I see my younger self in the mirror. I appear to be about thirteen.

I immediately open my bedroom door. "Hey! If anyone's down there, could they come explain to me why the hell I'm short and a child again?!"

"Just hold on!" I hear Vanya reply.

"Ok..." I shakily sigh to myself and pace around before walking over to my closet to find something to wear, since my scrubs are now baggy on me.

I open it only to find the most uncomfortable clothes ever...the Academy uniform.

"Oh...you've got to be shitting me..." I grab a uniform out of the closet and start to change into it.

I just got done putting my skirt on and now I'm buttoning my shirt when someone, most likely Vanya, knocks on the door.

I finish buttoning my shirt and grab my tie and wrap it around my neck and start tying it up. "Come on in, Vanya."

I hear a very familiar crack behind me. "Well, I'm not Vanya, but it's nice to know that I'm welcomed in." The person, who I thought was Vanya, corrects. I turn around quicker than lightning at the voice.

"Five!" I practically scream and tackle him onto my bed in a hug. Well, he's definitely here if I can hug him. I start crying tears of joy.

"Why are you crying?" He asks.

I get off of him and sit beside him, wiping under my eyes. "You're finally back-" I let out a short, but quiet sob. "-after so many years of being gone...I thought I lost you forever..."

"Yes. I've finally made it back." He replies. "It took me long enough."

I take some deep breaths and wipe under my eyes once more, before looking at him again. Looking at him made me want to cry again, but I held it in. "Where the hell were you? How did you get back? Is that why that blue portal appeared?"

I sigh, stopping myself in my questioning and hug him again. "I've missed you so much, every single day. To be honest, I thought you died."

He pulls away, lightly pushing me out in front of him with his hands on my shoulders. "I'll explain your questions in a little bit, but I'll start with...I missed you as well."

I smile brightly. "I'm so glad you're back! Ask the others and they'll say I was miserable without you!" Then, a serious look comes across my face and I cross my arms. "Wait...can you tell me why I look like a thirteen-year-old again?"

"Well, you're like me. You're not thirteen. You just look thirteen. You still have the conscience of your thirty year old self. I have to say, it was a surprise to come in here and see you looking the way you did when I left."

Then, he hums. "But I'll have to try and figure out why you've became physically thirteen again later..."

"Later?" I ask, slumping my shoulders.

"Yes." He answers, standing up. "Right now, I'm going to go make me a sandwich. I haven't had one in a long time where I've been. So, I'll be in the kitchen, probably being interrogated by the others. Come down and join me."

I jump off the bed, grab my blazer, and put it on. "Alright. I'll just come down with you, since I'm done changing."

Five and I get into the kitchen and the others were already gathered around the island, where Five is going to be making his sandwich. I sit on the counter, away from the others at the island.

Five sighs, as he grabs the bread. "What's the date? The exact date."

"The twenty-fourth." Vanya answers.

"Of what?" Five asks, already sounding annoyed.

"March." I answer softly.

He nods, as he gets two slices of bread out of the bag. "Good..."

"So, are we going to talk about what just happened like twenty minutes ago and why Y/n looks like a teenager again?" Luther asks and gets no reply. So, he aggressively stands out of his chair. "It's been seventeen years, Five."

Five scoffs. "At the moment, I'm not sure why she looks thirteen again and it's been a lot longer than that." He jumps behind Luther to grab the marshmallows off a high shelf.

Luther sighs. "I haven't missed that..."

"Wait. How?" I ask. "You disappeared seventeen years ago. I should know...I was there when you left."

"Since I traveled through time, it's been a whole lot longer than seventeen years...for me anyway." Five answers, as he still looks for the marshmallows.

"Where'd you go?" Diego asks the same question I asked earlier, in my room.

Five finds the marshmallows and jumps back to his bread slices. "The future. It's shit, by the way."

Klaus shoots his hand up. "Called it."

"I should've listened to the old man..." Five mumbles, as he grabs the peanut butter from the refrigerator. "You know, jumping through space is one thing, but jumping through time is a toss of the dice."

He looks up at Klaus, then back down to work on his sandwich. "Nice dress."

"Oh, well, danke!" Klaus replies and starts swinging around a tassel on the skirt. I shake my head with a small smile. He may be a little out of his mind at times, but I still love him.

"How did you get back?" Allison asks.

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time." Five answers.

I nod. "Makes sense."

"That makes no sense." Diego remarks.

"Well, it would if you were smarter, like Y/n." Five quips, making Diego stand up to attack him, but Luther stops him, making me bite back a laugh.

"How long were you there for?" Luther asks.

Five spreads the peanut butter on the other slice of bread. "Forty-five years." He shrugs. "Give or take."

"So, what? Your conscience is fifty-eight years old?" I question.

He sprinkles some marshmallows on top of some peanut butter and lays the other slice on top. "Yes, and just like you, for some reason, I am stuck in my shitty thirteen year old body again."

"How does that even work?" Vanya asks.

Five chuckles. "Delores kept saying the equations were off. Eh...bet she's laughing now..."

I blink multiple times. "Delores? Who's that?"

"I'll tell you later." He replies.

I raise my eyebrows for a split second in amusement. 'I guess everything is going to happen later.'

He picks up a newspaper. "I guess I missed the funeral?"

I shake my head. "No. You made it back just in time. We were deciding how to go about doing it. That is...before Luther started blaming everyone, saying that one of us killed Dad."

"I-" Luther starts.

I roll my eyes. "Don't start with the 'that's not what I'm saying' shit again."

He glares at me, before looking at Five. "How'd you know about that anyways?"

He is literally the dumbest dumbass I've ever met. I've never wanted to facepalm so bad in my life.

Five raises an eyebrow at him. "What part of the future do you not understand?" He looks at the newspaper again. "Heart failure, huh?"

"Yeah." Diego immediately answers, while Luther answers. "No."

Five hums. "Nice to see nothing's changed." He starts to leave the kitchen.

"That's it?" Allison asks. "That's all you have to say?"

"What else is there to say?" Five replies. "The circle of life."

I bite the inside of my cheek. "Well...that was the best welcoming home 'party' I've ever seen."

"Hold on...this was a party?" Klaus asks in confusion.

"No, dear brother. That was sarcasm." I hop off the counter and leave the kitchen. I go to the living room and lay down on the couch.

It's crazy that I'm in my teen body again, which leaves me with many questions, but one stood out the most...would I ever get to be my older self again soon?

I sit up and turn around to look at Five's portrait. It's amazing that he's back, but why did he come back at such an odd time? Could he come back the whole time he was gone and just didn't want to? Also...who is Delores?

"It's nice to see that Dad didn't forget me." Five remarks, making me sit up and look in his direction. He's changed into a uniform, just like I have.

"Yeah...he had that made right after you disappeared..." I inform quietly. "He really believed you were still out there..."

"You didn't?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

I get off the couch with a sigh. "I did for about eight months. Vanya and I even turned the lights on for you and made you sandwiches every single night. After three months, Vanya quit, but I still continued. I didn't want to believe that you were actually gone, but...I eventually lost all hope of you coming back."

"All I wanted to do was prove the old man wrong..." He looks back at the portrait. "I didn't want to leave y-" He stops himself. "I didn't want to leave everyone purposely..."

I wave off his sudden pause and just nod. "I know you didn't." I look away from him and at the portrait. "So...how was it? The future, I mean."

He glances at me. "I already said it was shit, but other than that, it was very...lonely." Then, he straightens himself up. "Then again, I do suppose worse things could've happened to me."

I feel a little pang in my heart. I look down. "You mean like what happened to Ben?"

He looks down, then turns toward me. "Was it bad?"

I answer silently with a nod. "Uh...when he died, I felt more broken inside, because you had already left, but the way it happened...it was terrible." I blink away my threatening tears.

"I knew that if something happened to anyone else, I-" I slowly shake my head. "I would never want to show my face to the world again...I wouldn't have been able to handle the death of another sibling, even if it were Luther or Diego."

"How old were you?" He asks.

"Seventeen..." I reply in a whisper.

Five lays a hand on my shoulder. No words are being shared, it's just one of those comforting moments, as we both look back at the portrait.

"Sorry to interrupt, Master Five and Miss Y/n, but the funeral is about to begin." Pogo announces.

"Thank you, Pogo." I thank and he leaves.

"Let's see how interesting this gets..." Five leaves my side.

I follow him. "You already know that it'll get fairly interesting."

"I know." He nods and grabs an umbrella, since it's raining. "Both Luther and Diego are here. One of them is going to say something the other doesn't agree with and they'll fight and you might join in. You three have always fought."

I grab an umbrella as well, chuckling softly. "You know, it felt great to always be the one that came out on top."

"That's because you're always right." He replies, opening his umbrella.

"Damn right I am." I open my umbrella and we exit the building.

•·················•·················••·················•·················••·················•·················•

A/N: Hey! I'm enjoying this so much already! It's already more interesting (to me) now that Five is here, but I'm going to shut up now. Hope you enjoyed. Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 97 41
In a world where 43 women gave birth simultaneously, one among them was already pregnant before the inexplicable event. These children, each possessi...
281K 5.3K 34
This is book two of The Time Traveler's Wife! This is based on Season two of The Umbrella Academy. Five Hargreeves and Y/n Hargreeves (aka Eight) wer...
161K 3.3K 28
"𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻'𝘁 𝗮𝗳𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲." "𝗜 𝗮𝗺. 𝗜'𝗺 𝗮𝗳𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗹...
13.7K 391 13
Once, the Umbrella Academy was unstoppable. Under the tutelage of their guardian and mentor, Dr. Reginald Hargreeves, its members spent their childho...