Synthesis of Scattered Pieces...

By Writerbyheart01

Once upon a time, An eighteen years old girl was in love with a boy, she use to pray for him... Crying in Suj... More

INTRODUCTION
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10 (i)
10(ii)
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22
23.
24.
25.
26.
27
28.
29
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41
42
43. ..
44.
45.
46.
47.
48
49.
50.
51
52.
53.
54
55
56.
57
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
not an update.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.āœ”ļø
89.
Epilogue.
Bonus 1
Bonus 2.
Not an Update.
Bonus 3.
Bonus 4.
Bonus 5.
Bonus 6.
Bonus 7

88.

1.6K 199 246
By Writerbyheart01

Wearing a white saree which was given by Maryam, she was standing in front of the mirror when her husband stepped into the room. He left home early in the morning without even telling anyone where he was going. Moreover he didn't talk to anyone on the phone and said that he's in an important meeting.

Shifa was already angry with him. "Where were you Deni?"

"Masha Allah bohot pyari lag rahi ho."

(Looking so beautiful.)

"Baat mat kariye aap mujhse, bas jaldi tayyar ho jaiye, Afifa ne calls kar kar ke Mera dimag kharab kar diya hai." Saying with anger and disappointment she again focused on the mirror when Daniyal walked towards her.

(Don't talk to me, just get ready soon. Afifa has already called me at least a thousand times.)

"Naraz ho?" Wrapping his arms around her waist from behind he asked and placed his chin on her shoulder.

(Angry?)

"Nhi hona chahiye kya? Deni main aapki zindagi mein koi value rakhti hu ya nahi? Kal aapne kaha tha aap mujhe bata denge ki wo kya baat thi aur aap ab aa rahe hain?" Shifa tried to free herself but Daniyal only gave her a requesting look.

(Shouldn't be I? Do I mean something to you or not? You told me yesterday that you'll tell me about your problem but you're coming back now.)

"Thak kar aaya hu, pura din bohot preshan tha ab aap to itni talkhi na dikhao." There was something in his voice that worked like cold water on Shifa's anger and she turned towards him. He was looking tense as well as tired.

(I'm tired. I was so worried the whole day, at least you don't be rude to me.)

"Aap theek hain na, Deni? Kyu pareshan hain kuch to bataiye." She cupped his face with both hands and Daniyal tried to fake a smile but couldn't.

(Are you alright Deni? Share your problem with me.)

"Shifa kabhi kabhi lagta hai insaan bohot majboor hai, zindagi use itna pareshan kar deti hai ki zindagi hi buri lagne lagti hai." Daniyal whispered and Shifa just saw his tired as well as sad face. His face was covered with sweat drops, She slowly removed his specs and cleaned his eyes and face with a tissue.

( Shifa, sometimes it seems like humans are so weak. Life serves so many hardships that one starts to hate life.)

"Aapki pareshani baantne ke liye main hu na, aap kyu har pareshani ko akele jhelna chahte hain?" Cupping his face she asked in a hushed tone and Daniyal grabbed her hands.

(I'm here to share your problems then why do you want to go through everything alone?)

"Main aapko pareshan nhi dena chahta. Is haalat mein to bilkul nhi." He kissed the back of her palms one by one and Shifa also held his hands firmly, like assuring him that she's with him, he's not alone.

(I don't want to give you any stress, especially in this condition.)

"Aapko kya lagta hai Deni, mujhe kuch na bata kar aap mujhe sukun de rhe hain? Main puri raat nhi soo payi, pura din kuch nhi khaa payi, ek ek pal dil mein itne sare khyal aa rahe hain..."

(Deni, do you think that you're saving me from stress by hiding things from me? I was unable to sleep whole night, I didn't have my meal whole day. I was only overthinking.)

"Abhi tayyar ho jao, wapas aa kar tafseel se sab bataunga. Abhi bataya to aapke is pyare se chehre ki chamak gayab na ho jaye." Kissing her forehead he turned her towards the mirror and kept watching her for a long minute. Drawing out a small packet from the pocket of his kurta he opened it to make Shifa's eyes wide with happiness.

(Get ready now, I will come back and tell you everything in detail. I'm not telling you now, so that the glow of your lovely face does not disappear. )

"Aapko yaad tha?" She asked after seeing the beautiful garland of jasmine. Once she told Daniyal that she wanted to wear a Saree and make a bun of her hair which would be covered with Jasmine garland.

(You remembered?)

"Itna bhi bura shohor nhi hu main." While dripping the flowers around her hair he whispered and Shifa felt shy.

(I'm not that bad as a husband.)

"Aap jitna achha koi aur ho bhi nhi sakta. I love you Deni,"

(No one can be as good as you. I love you Deni.)

"Begum, agar main apni mohobbat ko kuch lafzon mein samet sakta to shayad I love you too keh deta, lekin aap meri rago mein behti ho, saaso mein basti ho aur dil mein dhadakti ho, aapse kis tarha izhaar-e-mohabbat kru?" Shifa's eyes filled with tears and heart beat faster than normal with the weight of uncountable emotions.

(Dear wife, if I could sum up my love in a few words, I would probably say I love you too, But you flow in my veins, stay in my breath and beat in my heart, how can I express my love to you?)

"Deni." She whispered while looking at him through the mirror and he smiled. "Roona nhi, makeup kharab ho jayega."

(Don't cry, otherwise your makeup will be ruined.)

<><><><>

"Afifa yaar thoda to roo le, log kya kahenge?" Shifa whispered to her bestie who was smiling wholeheartedly just a few moments ago the farewell.

(Afifa, at least cry a bit dude, what will people say?)

"Itna roo roo kar to is din ka intezar kra hai ab Aaj ke din bhi roona padega?" Afifa replied in her own style and Shifa suppressed her laughter. Shifa adjusted her bestie's veil to hide her face

(I have been crying so much and waiting for this day, now I will have to cry on this day too?)

"Achha tu naa roo." Shifa hugged her then looked at Shariq who was seeing the scene silently. "Agar ise kabhi pareshan kra na to mujhe bura koi nhi hoga." Shifa threatened him but he just rolled his eyes.

(Fine, don't cry.)

(If it ever bothers her then I will be the most dreadful to you.)

"Zyada uchhalne ki zarurat nhi hai, tum pehle hi sabse buri ho." Shariq's reply ignite anger in Shifa.

(Don't overreact, you're already the most dreadful person.)

"Mujhe to laga tha aap sudhar gye, lekin..." shariq didn't let her complete. Daniyal and Anwar were sitting nearby talking endlessly without knowing that a small bettle is about to start on the stage.

(I thought you've mend your ways but...)

"Main bigda hi kab tha jo sudharne ki noobat aaye? Aur wese bhi tum apne chhote se dimaag par zyada zoor na dalo kahi pressure cooker ki tarha isme whistle na aane lage." Shariq made fun of Shifa as it was his old habit and Shifa glared at him, Afifa wanted to kick her husband right on his back but she couldn't as she was sitting like a bride.

(When was I spoiled that the need to mend my ways? And anyway don't stress your little brain too much lest it starts to whistle like a pressure cooker.)

"Afifa, Tera Chomu tujhe mubarak, main jaa rhi hu."

(Afifa, I'm going. Enjoy with your Chomu.)

"Haan jaldi jaao, itni deyr se yahi khadi hui bakwaas kare jaa rhi ho." Shifa huffed and turned with long and loud steps down to walk down the stage but in a hurry she forgot about her safety and slipped from the stairs.

(Hurry up, You have been talking nonsense for so long.)

"Shifaaaaa...." Maryam was the first to come to her daughter who was trying to understand what suddenly happened. Daniyal also ran towards his wife and held her hands to make her stand up on her feet but she couldn't. Everyone including the bride and groom also gathered near her to check if the mom-to-be was fine or not.

"Are you alright?" Daniyal asked and Shifa tried to nod but couldn't. "Where is it hurt?" Maryam asked and the scared Shifa looked at her hand then a tiny tear drop slipped down from her eye, "ankle and abdomen." She whispered and Daniyal's face turned pale.

"Koi kaam theek tarha nhi kar sakti, 2 sidiyan utarne mein bhi..."

(You can't do anything carefully, they're only two stairs but...)

"Abhi to chup ho jaiye aap." It was the first time when Maryam yelled at Anwar and Daniyal grabbed Shifa's arm.

(At least stop it right now.)

"Sit here." Pulling a chair for Shifa Daniyal knelt in front of her and looked at her ankle. Mrs Kazmi was already telling Shifa to not wear heels but she didn't listen to her.

"Deniiii... Please... It's hurting." Shifa almost yelled when he tried to remove her heels and surprisingly another man with rectangular shape glasses knelt in front of Shifa.

"Show me what happened?" Taking Shifa's foot  in his hand from Daniyal's grip he said without looking at anyone. Daniyal was stunned for a moment but he didn't left his wife's foot.

"I'm a doctor, let me check." He smiled after reading something in the gray eyes and this time Daniyal nodded.

"Daniyal, take her to the hospital. It will be better if the doctor checks her once." Maryam instructed and Daniyal thought for a moment.

"Oh it's alright aunty, nothing about to worry or cry, it's just an ankle twist." The doctor smiled but Shifa, Daniyal and Maryam's face were still looking pale. Shifa wasn't crying because of her ankle, she was crying with the fear of losing her child.

"I also want to consult a doctor immediately but I guess there will be no gynaecologist available right now." Daniyal ignored the doctor and replied to Maryam, but it wasn't difficult for a doctor to understand the need to see a gynac in an emergency.

"Are you alright?" The doctor asked Shifa, she slowly pulled her foot from his grip and took a hold on Daniyal's hand. "Yeah, thankyou for the help." She looked away with hesitation and pressed her lower lip in between her teeth.

"If you want I can help you." Daniyal looked at the doctor, "A gynac must be available in my hospital, just go to the City Hospital and take my name to her, she'll help you out. I'll inform her about your arrival." The doctor passed a small smile and Daniyal grabbed Shifa's arm.

"Thank you so much. But this is doctor...?" Daniyal wanted to know the name of the doctor so that he could mention in front of the gynaecologist but the unexpected reply took away his breath for a moment.

"It's Dr Faraz Siddiqui." Daniyal looked at the figure who was having better looks than him, and his conversation skills were no less than Daniyal himself. And then he looked at Shifa who was looking fearful. For the first time he realised what Shifa must had felt when Adeena was in front of her. But right now there was only one thing on which he wanted to focus on, his wife and unborn child.

<><><><>

Wedding function didn't wait for a satisfactory news from Shifa, she was in the hospital and Afifa was sitting in the her new bedroom. But this bride was not happy at all. She didn't cry at the time of farewell but now she was sitting on the middle of the bed and crying for her friend.

She had called Shifa a thousand times but her call wasn't answered. Before she could dial the number another time the bedroom door was opened by the groom and he stepped in.

"Baat huyi us se? Wo theek to hai na?" Shariq asked while sitting beside his wife and got a glare from her.

(Did you talk to her? Is she okay?)

"Ye sab tumhari wajah se hua hai." Afifa could kill shariq right now but somehow she just stopped herself. "Agar Shifa ke bachhe ko kuch hua na to main apne hatho se tumhari jaan le lungi."

(It's all because of you.)

(I'll kill you with my bare hands if anything happens to Shifa's child.)

Afifa was continuously crying and calling Shifa and Daniyal but they weren't attending the call.

"What's your problem with Shifa? Why do you hate her? What did she do with you? Why do you want bad things to happen with her?" Afifa asked in a hurry and Shariq looked at his wife who was showing her anger instead of love.

"Hold on Afifa, I don't want anything bad to happen with her but I don't like her." Shariq clearly said and Afifa threw a sharp glare at him.

"But Why?"

"Mujhe frustrated hoti hai Shifa se, har baat par khud ko oppressed sabit karti hai wo. Hum sab cousins ek dusre se mazakh karte hain, ek dusre ka mazakh udate hain aur bohot enjoy  karte hain lekin tumhari wo pagal dost mazakh ko kabhi mazakh ki tarha nhi leti, serious ho jati hai aur roona shuru kar deti hai."

(I get frustrated with Shifa, she proves herself oppressed on everything. We all cousins joke with each other, make fun of each other and enjoy a lot but that mad friend of yours never takes a joke as a joke, she becomes serious and starts crying.)

"Tum uski insult karte ho."

(you insult her.)

"Insult nhi karta, lekin wo bohot jaldi chid jati hai to use chidane mein bohot maza aata hai." This time Shariq was hell honest and Afifa huffed. She wanted to slap her husband to irritate her best friend but somewhere Afifa found it true. Many times she herself told Shifa to ignore some minor things and enjoy life but Shifa took everything seriously, many times she blamed her life and destiny just because of missing a lecture and being scolded by the teachers.

(I don't insult her but she gets irritated very quickly, so it is a lot of fun to tease her.)

"Ab use call karke to puchho theek thaak hai na? Ya walime me langdi tang se ayegi?" Shariq again made fun of Shifa but Afifa glared at him.

(Now call her and ask if she's fine or will she come in the reception party with a lame leg.)

"She's pregnant, and she fell down from stairs."

"Kya ho gya hai yaar, wo last stair se giri thi, hum aapke hain kon wali stairs se nhi. Tum call karo use."

(Oh come on Afifa, she has slipped down on the last stair not from the stairs of Hum aapke hain kon.)

Afifa again glared at him and dialled Daniyal's number.

"Hello."

"Thank God jiju at least you received the call, how's Shifa?" Afifa asked in a hurry.

"Talk to her." Daniyal's voice was not as energetic as usual which made Afifa cry.

"Shifa how are you yaar?" Afifa asked while crying and after a few moments a little voice fell in her ear.

"I'm fine." Shifa replied and Afifa took a deep breath, "Baby?" She asked

"Alhamdulillah, absolutely fine."

"You scared me."

"Don't be and don't cry." Afifa smiled and looked at the mobile screen, if she could jump to the other side she would definitely do that and hug her friend tightly but she was feeling helpless.

"Achha sun."

(Hey listen.)

"Sun rhi hu."
(I'm all ears.)

"Don't be offended with me. I love you yaar."

"Say this to that Chomu, and tell him that I hate him." This time both the friends laughed and Shifa hungup the call.

"Is she fine?" Shariq asked and Afifa threw a sharp glare at him but he already knew the answer.

"Now it's our time Afifa, don't waste it because of your friend, we can discuss her some other day." He whispered and opened his arms, Afifa kept glaring at him with full of anger until he grabbed her arm and pulled her in a hug. "Love you darling." He placed his lips on her cheek which forced Afifa to smile shyly.

"Don't change ever," she placed her head on his chest and closed her eyes. "I would never get married to you if I had to change." They both were waiting for this day for so long and finally the answer of their prayers were in their embrace.

<><><>

Shifa was sleeping but there was an unnamed feeling which was making her uncomfortable, she adjusted her head in weak slumber and felt a hand on her belly. She already knew whose hand was that so didn't even open her eyes but the light of the room was disturbing her peace.

"Deniiiiii, switch off the light." She muttered and open her eyes and blinked twice. Her husband was sitting beside her holding the holy Quran in his one hand and the other hand was present on her belly.

"Deni, kya kar rhe hain aap?" She asked and Daniyal looked up then again shifted her attention to the Quran. After a few minutes he completed the recitation and blow on his wife.  Shifa was silently watching him going to the cupboard and placing the Quran back to the upper shelf. She never knew that her husband do such a things too.

(Deni, what are you doing?)

"Aaj aapne meri jaan hi nikal di thi." Laying beside her he whispered and embraced her protectively.

(You scared me today.)

"I was also scared." She whispered back and looked at her husband's pale face.

"Why are you so silent, Deni?"

"So he was Faraz!" Shifa tried to read what was in his eyes but she was already unaware of this art. "Hmm... He's Faraz." She whispered and Daniyal smiled this time.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Zindagi mein pehli baar ehsaas hua ki main kitna khush-qismat hu. Jo mujhse behtar hain unhe wo nhi mila jo mujhe mil gaya." He saw directly in her eyes and Shifa softly placed her hand on his hand.

(For the first time in my life, I realized how lucky I am. The one who is better than me did not get what I got.)

"Aapse kisne kaha koi aur aapse behtar hai? Aap behtreen hain Kazmi Sahab. Mere liye aapse behtar koi ho hi nhi sakta tha." She whispered and closed her eyes, Daniyal was actually feeling lucky and contented to have such a great life partner.

(Who told you someone else is better than you?  You are the best, Mr. Kazmi.  No one could have been better for me than you.)

"Deni, don't ever breaks my trust." Shifa said in a whisper and he sighed. For a few he kept watching in her eyes then his smile disappeared.

"I won't."

"And start trusting me." She demanded and Daniyal furrowed. "When did I said that I don't trust you?"

"You trust me but can't share your matters! Is this your trust?" Daniyal understood that his wife wouldn't let this matter go without knowing everything, He sighed and took a deep breath.

"Yesterday Adeena..." He took a small pause because somewhere it was difficult for him to say those words, "she killed herself." Shifa's breath was hitched to listen to that.

"How and why?" She whispered, her lips trambled and face turned pale.

"She had been going through depression and anxiety disorder for the last few months, even after many treatments she was unable to recover. And yesterday she sliced her wrist." Daniyal felt Shifa's hands shivering and eyes flowing tears. She was scared to listen to that and Daniyal sat down on the bed, pouring some water in the glass he passed it to Shifa who didn't grab it.

"That's why I wasn't telling you. I know you're sensetive for these matters." Daniyal kind of scolded her but pulled her in his arms. It was difficult for Shifa to believe that Adeena was in depression but it was true, she had been fighting with herself and her loneliness.

Shifa kept crying on his chest for a long time, it was a different feeling for her, she didn't like Adeena but didn't want her to die like this too and suddenly.

"Where is Zaryab? How is he?" Shifa shifted away with a jolt and asked in a hurry. Daniyal didn't want to tell her anything but he knew he couldn't hide.

"Adeena's brother refused to take Zaryab's custody, and her sister also can't as she lives abroad. Till yesterday he was with Waji Bhai and last night David took him to his home. He's scared and continuously crying." Shifa cried more after listening about Zaryab and Daniyal kept caressing her back.

"Will he live with David Sir?" She asked and Daniyal shook his head.

"If no one of his family members come ahead to take his custody he'll will be sent to an orphanage."

"But Deni... He's so innocent and young..."

"That's the legal process Shifa."

"Bring him here." Shifa muttered and Daniyal furrowed.

"Do you even know what are you saying?"

"Yes I know. Bring him here legally. Take his custody or adopt him legally, just bring him here Deni. I didn't like his mother it doesn't mean that I can see an innocent child in that miserable condition." Shifa wiped her tears and Daniyal saw her with amazement. For the first time he was unable to understand his wife. For last few days she was not as angry as before, so he was a bit relaxed but this sudden stubbornness was puzzling him. Daniyal knew the meaning of adopting Zaryab, it would bound Shifa and him to share all their parental love their own child and Zaryab. Daniyal himself wasn't ready for that but Shifa was looking okay with it.

"It will not be easy to raise someone's child... We won't be able to love someone's child as much as ours. I'm afraid that we'll discriminate between our children and Zaryab. I don't want that to happen." Daniyal whispered and Shifa smiled painfully.

"Main Maryam ki beti hu Deni, unhone Hamdan Bhai ko itna pyaar diya hai jitna apni aulad ko diya jata hai." Shifa's eyes were shining with tears and heart was clenching with pain. Her soft heart couldn't tolerate anyone's pain.

(I am Maryam's daughter, Deni, she has loved Hamdan Bhai as her own child.)

"Don't make any decisions in a hurry. Think wisely, discuss with your parents as well as Ammi Baba before taking this step. I personally am against it." He patted the back of her hand and laid down to sleep but both of them passed a restless night.

<><><><><><>

Only one chapter is left...
Then epilogue...

Now I'm questioning myself if I've done justice with this story or not?
It's too difficult to judge oneself honestly.

Well, what do you want in the next chapter? I'll try my best to add that.

Bye

Naaz Jamal

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

936K 43.2K 49
" I do!!" She said in shaky tone. It was still unbelievable for her that her dad made her deal with a Mafia king just for some pennys. She could see...
1.7M 81.7K 67
"This is Rumaan's child" I heard mama said. I didn't look up at her. I keep my head lowered. because I didn't have the courage to face her. "This is...
16.4K 1.2K 25
What's life, nothing but a void canvas which we have to fill with numerous hues. And once in a while we come across people who will taint the void ca...
27.2K 2.3K 38
[BLURB] "Well, now I'm back and I'm gonna drag you to court, you piece of shite," she said before passing a humorless chortle. "Do that and you're do...