I Never Let Her Die! (Aerith...

Autorstwa WashioZakuro

On his way home from work. Y/N was transported back to the original game for one purpose: to prevent the deat... Więcej

Disk 01: Chapter 01: Hurry Boy, She's Waiting There For You
Disk 01: Chapter 02: The Road Goes Ever On and On
Disk 01: Chapter 03: Kalm Before The Storm
Disk 01: Chapter 04: Chocobockle Boondoggle
Disk 01: Chapter 05: Teenage Wutaiian Ninja Nuisance
Disk 01: Chapter 06: Junon Harbor Reloaded
Disk 01: Chapter 07: Enter: Jenova
Disk 01: Chapter 08: A Trio of Risks
Disk 01: Chapter 09: Mister Hojo Rising
Disk 01: Chapter 10: Angry Birds
Disk 01: Chapter 11: Amusement Park Shootout!
Disk 01: Chapter 12: Corel Prison Blues
Disk 01: Chapter 13: South to Gongaga
Disk 01: Chapter 14: D.T.R.
Disk 01: Chapter 15: This Old Man
Disk 01: Chapter 16: Son of Seto
Disk 01: Chapter 17: The Book of Counted Sorrows
Disk 01: Chapter 18: On The Road Again
Disk 01: Chapter 19: Nibelheim's Ring
Disk 01: Chapter 20: The Vampire And The Villain
Disk 01: Chapter 21: Keeper
Disk 01: Chapter 23: No Emerson, No Lake, Too Much Palmer
Disk 01: Chapter 24: Interlude at Sea
Disk 01: Chapter 25: Materia Girl
Disk 01: Chapter 26: The Don and I
Disk 01: Chapter 27: Waiting for Godo
Disk 01: Chapter 28: Dinner With Dio
Disk 01: Chapter 29: The Book of Counted Joys
Disk 01: Chapter 30: T.E.M.P.U.S. Fugate
Disk 01: Chapter 31: Keystone Kats
Disk 01: Chapter 32: Event Horizon
Disk 01: Chapter 33: Dark, Dark, Dark; We All Go Into The Dark
Disk 01: Chapter 34: Leviathan Rising
Disk 01: Chapter 35: But A Man Of Honor, Who Can Find?
Disk 01: Chapter 36: Nightmare
Disk 01: Chapter 37: In The End Is The Beginning
Disk 01: Epilogue
Disk 02: Chapter 01: A Surprise Guest
Disk 02: Chapter 02: Minerva's Gift
Disk 02: Chapter 03: Come Together
Disk 02: Chapter 04: Explanations
Disk 02: Chapter 05: Division of Labor
Disk 02: Chapter 06: The Battle of Fort Condor
Disk 02: Chapter 07: Storm Cloud
Disk 02: Chapter 08: Road to Junon
Disk 02: Chapter 09: Reactor Raid
Disk 02: Chapter 10: Yellow Submarines
Disk 02: Chapter 11: Reason Before Honor
Disk 02: Chapter 12: Ground Control to Captain Cid
Disk 02: Chapter 13: Return to Cosmo Canyon
Disk 02: Chapter 14: Materia's Tale
Disk 02: Chapter 15: Ancient Arbors
Disk 02: Chapter 16: Omnislash: It Slices, It Dices
Disk 02: Chapter 17: A Deeper Mystery
Disk 02: Chapter 18: Non-Sequiter
Disk 02: Chapter 19: Ruin
Disk 02: Chapter 20: Reunion (Not That One)
Disk 02: Chapter 21: Obsidian and Diamond
Disk 02: Chapter 22: Midgar Madness
Disk 02: Chapter 23: Holy
Disk 02: Chapter 24: Estruans Interius Ira Vehementi
Disk 02: Epilogue: Until We Meet Again
AU: Kamen Rider Ailurus: Save the Greatest Death
Teaser AU: Kamen Rider G Wizard: The Last Cetra
Author's note

Disk 01: Chapter 22: Love and Rocket(s) Town

281 13 0
Autorstwa WashioZakuro

Grasslands. Open plains. Bright cloudless sky. For the first three days after leaving Mount Nibel, that was all we could see ahead of us, or to either side. On the fourth day the mountain's summit slipped below the horizon behind us, and still there was nothing else to be seen but the narrow dirt road leading the way towards Rocket Town.

"Man." Yuffie began to complain. "Couldn't Shinra have built this place a little less out of the way?"

"I suspect that out of the way was the entire point." Red answered.

Cait agreed. "Exactly Lad. You see, when a rocket with enough thrust to reach orbit takes off, there's a tremendous shockwave. Anyone too close could actually die just from the pressure, and even miles and mile away you'd have the risk of property damage."

"I guess that makes sense." Yuffie nodded.

Following closely behind them, Aerith and I were side by side, 'speaking' silently to each other. "So, you said we were gonna get one last team member in this town?" she asked. "What's he like?"

"Cid?" I had a hard time not laughing out loud. "Oh man, how can I describe Cid? He's ex-Shinra, a pilot who planned to be Gaia's first astronaut. Didn't work out yet, but he's gonna get his chance. What I should warn you about is, his language. Seriously, he makes Barrett's mouth seem like the mouth of a saint."

Aerith stared at me in disbelief. "I grew up in the slums Y/N. I've heard it all. And that still doesn't seem possible..."

"Heh. You'll see."

"I'm not sure I want to."

I stepped closer, put an arm around her waist. "For whatever it's worth, most of Cid's blusterous exterior is just that: bluster. Deep down underneath it all he's actually a pretty good guy. In any case it's Shinra that matters. Rufus should be in town when we arrive, so lemme fill you in on what we should expect..."

----------------------------------------------------------

Two days more and the pinnacle of the Launchpad peaked into view over the northern horizon. We came to the base of the pad a couple of hours later. Shinra number twenty-six was in a sad state, rusted, decaying, slanted at an alarming angle. "I had heard there was some kind of disaster during the final launch attempt." Cait said, staring up at the rocket. "It's why Shinra cut the funding."

"Damned shame too." Tifa said. "This was the one that would've actually put a person up there. Just like Shinra to worry about costs at the last minute..."

"When did this happen?" Yuffie asked.

"I'm not sure exactly." Tifa answered. "It was right around the time the war ended though. Why?"

Yuffie scowled up at the rocket. "Because that's your answer, I'll bet."

Half the group didn't follow what Yuffie meant by that remark. The rest of us just stared at her. "Aw crud, she's right." I said. "It makes perfect sense in context."

"What does?" Tifa asked. "I'm not following you..."

"Neither am I." Cloud admitted.

"The rockets." I said. "Shinra never really wanted a space program, did they? It was all about developing rockets powerful enough to use as ballistic missiles against Wutai. Then when the war ended, they didn't need that anymore. So they scrubbed the program, in spite of it's potential, at the first excuse."

"Their list of crimes just gets longer and longer with each passing day." Red said, shaking his head.

"So where's the town?" Tifa asked.

"Remember what the cat said about the takeoff blast..." Barrett told her. "The town'd have ta' be outta range."

"The road continues on." Aerith pointed out. "Should we follow?"

"Yeah." Cloud replied. "Let's hit the town, see what we can find."

----------------------------------------------------------

We walked into town a short while later, passing the Shanghai Inn and finding our way to the town center. Along the northeast corner of the square stood a beautifully maintained home with a white-picket fence and a small aircraft in the backyard. "Cid's home." I thought to Aerith, nodding towards the house.

As we stood an elderly man walked up and began speaking to Cloud. "Welcome young man, welcome!" he began. "Have you been admiring the rocket?"

"It's incredible." Cloud replied, looking back the way we had come from, to where the top of the launching platform was still just visible.

"That she is. Of course it's pretty badly rusted out now. The Captain though, he says she'd still be recoverable if only Shinra'd pay."

"Who is the Captain?" Vincent asked.

Our new acquaintance startled backwards at Vincent's appearance and the sound of his voice, but he recovered quickly and answered "Captain Highwind of course. A great pilot, woulda been the world's first spaceman too... That's his place over there." He indicated the same home I had noticed.

"Meebe we should talk to him." Barrett said.

"Good idea. Let's go." Cloud started to walk towards the house when the old man stopped him.

"One more thing young man. Thanks for putting up with this old fellow's ranting over the rocket... It's kinda a hobby of mine you see. Anyways, here, take this as a token of appreciation." He handed Cloud a sword, then walked away.

Holding the new blade at arm's length, Cloud looked up and down the blade. "Nice." He finally said. "I wonder where the old guy got ahold of something like this?"

Also examining the weapon, Red replied "I'm wondering too. Do you not recognize it? This is a blade of legends... Yoshiyuki, by name. It is said that it's power grows greater the fewer allies are by your side."

Cloud looked at the weapon with even greater respect, but said "Not too useful then. We've got a full house with us."

"It's all in how you look at it." Vincent told him. "I'd keep that close if I were you... Even a 'full house' can be whittled down quickly after all."

"Yeesh. Bring the place down why don'tcha?" Yuffie said.

----------------------------------------------------------

We walked around the perimeter fence to Cid's backyard and examined the aircraft. You read that right, we didn't barge through his home uninvited like you do in the game. Always thought that RPG convention of being able to barge into homes was odd. Anyway, we were looking the plane over and just as Cloud and Yuffie were about to hop the fence for a better look the back door of the house opened and a short woman emerged. She was older than most of our group, at least thirty-five, maybe forty, but still quite attractive. "May I help you?" She asked.

"Erm... Sorry to bother you ma'am." I said.

"We just wanted a look at the plane." Cloud said. "Are you the owner?"

"No, the plane belongs to Ci... the Captain. I'm Shera."

"I don't suppose there's any chance this Captain would be willing to give us a ride somewhere?" Tifa asked.

"He might." Shera answered. "Though, you'd have to ask him yourself. And of course he won't be going anywhere until after President Shinra's visit."

"What!?" Barrett exploded. "Dat little worm's comin' here!? Why!?"

Shera flinched back but said "We don't know for certain... The Captain though, he thinks Rufus is planning to reinstate the space program. Or at least he's hoping such. That's where you'll have to go to find him... He out working on number twenty-six again. He's so sure the rocket can be repaired..."

"We've gotta go all the way back out there?" Yuffie exclaimed.

"Sounds like." Cloud said. "Let's go everyone." He turned to Shera. "Thank you miss."

----------------------------------------------------------

We found Cid just where a player of the game would expect: busily working on his rocket. When we entered the rocket he turned and swore. "Who're you!? What the hell'r you doin' in my rocket!? This is private damned property!"

"We mean no intrusion." Vincent said calmly. "We are seeking Captain Highwind. Are you him?"

"Hell yes I'm Cid Highwind! Who wants to know an' why?"

"We were hoping to hire your services Captain." I said. "We need a way to continue following a dangerous man beyond Rocket Town, and your plane is our best bet."

"We can pay." Aerith added.

Cid rubbed his chin. "Well little lady, the promise 'O money does help. But I can't leave jus' yet. I'm expecting good news you see, and I wanna be here in town for it."

"Da world's at risk!" Barrett shouted. "We can't wait!"

"My rocket's at risk! I can't wait!" Cid shouted back. He and Barrett began loudly cursing each other and were on the verge of a fight when Cloud, Vincent, and Cait forcibly pulled Barrett back.

"Can you give us just a moment?" I said to Cid, then turned and joined the others. "Look, Barrett..." I said. "I don't like it either. But think of it this way: If we wait we can listen in, find out what Rufus is really after. Maybe we'll get a hint about Sephiroth."

"Well..."

We turned back to Cid. "Sorry about this." Aerith said. "We can wait."

"Alright then. Guess I got too worked up too." Cid answered. "It's just... You can't know what this means to me... I woulda been the first man in space you know. If it weren't for dat Shera anyways... Look, go back to my place, have Shera fix you some tea... I'll be there shortly, and after I meet with Rufus, we'll work somethin' out."

"Sounds good." Cloud agreed. "Let's go everyone."

----------------------------------------------------------

Back at Cid's, we were welcomed into the kitchen by Shera. Cid barged in mere minutes after us, cursing and ordering Shera to make tea. He headed down the back hallway still cussing loudly. "Why do you put up with that!?" Yuffie demanded.

"It's not so bad..." Shera said. "You get used to it after awhile. And of course it's really my fault that the final launch attempt failed."

"Cid said something like that at the rocket." Cait said. "How was it your fault?"

Shera placed a tea kettle on the stove, then sat and told us her story, which was identical to the story given in the game. When she finally finished, Tifa said "Forgive me but I don't see any fault here."

"Yes. It sounds to me like you may well have saved Captain Highwind's life." Red agreed.

Just then, Cid burst back into the kitchen. "What the damned hell woman! They still don't have any tea? Fix the damned tea already!" He plopped down hard into the chair Shera had abruptly vacated.

Yuffie leaned in close to the rest of us and whispered "I say we kick his butt. Who's with me?"

"Don't tempt us." I whispered back.

"Are you sure there's something good inside this guy?" Aerith thought to me.

"Just give him a chance." I answered. "Though I have to admit Yuffie's idea is tempting."

To Cid, Cloud was saying "We really don't need any tea..."

"Shutup!" Cid exploded at him. "You shut the damned hell up and drink the damned tea right now! Shera! Hurry it the hell up!"

"Coming! I'm coming!" Shera answered meekly. As she began to pour a knock sounded at the door and an older woman looked in. "Captain? They're here."

"Bout damned time!" Cid grumbled. He turned to Cloud as he stood. "You jokers wait here and drink. I'll be back after I get the good news. We gonna celebrate tonight, an' I'll get you where you need to go tomorrow!" Cid rushed out the door, slamming it behind him.

"You're leaving him." Yuffie said to Shera. "That's all there is to it."

"Oh no, I swear to you, the Captain's not usually this bad. He's just on edge today is all."

----------------------------------------------------------

=== Begin Third-Person P.O.V. - Cid ===

Cid Highwind walked out into the dusty streets of Rocket Town and looked towards the town's main gate. He saw the approaching forms of Rufus, Palmer, and a team of guards. "Palmer..." The pilot thought. "Why'd he have to bring the damned fat man? Ah hell, I guess he'd have to come. Head 'O the space program after all..."

"Captain Highwind!" Rufus hailed as they approached. "It's good to finally meet you. I've heard good things from many quarters in regards to your skills."

"Erm... Thanks. So, is your visit bringing the good news I'm hoping for?"

Rufus looked at Cid oddly. The pilot felt his heart sink as the expression Rufus had screamed that he in fact did not know what Cid was talking about. "But if it's not about the rocket...?" Cid wondered.

"Palmer, go ahead with your part please." Rufus said.

Palmer nodded and walked past Cid, slapping him on the back as he went. "Good 'ta see you again Highwind." He said.

Cid watched Palmer as the executive walked towards his home, then turned back to Rufus. "I don't get it... If you're not reinstating the space program like we thought, why come here anyway?"

Rufus laughed. "That's why you thought I was coming? The space program? Captain, take me at my word, so long as I am in charge there will be no more space program... Why fling gil at that when there's so much profit to be had right here on the ground?"

"Then why...?" Cid asked, dumbfounded.

"I'll cut to the chase Highwind. I need your plane. The Tiny Bronco, I think you call it?"

"What!?" Cid exploded into a string of explicatives. "First you take the rocket, then the airship, and now you want my plane!? Screw you! NO! Do you hear me!? Hell NO!"

Shaking his head, Rufus said "I think you misunderstand the situation Captain. I'm taking nothing from you... The rocket, the airship, the plane... They all belong to Shinra to begin with. I'm simply taking what belongs to me." Rufus glanced at his guards. "Gentlemen? Detain the Captain. You can release him once I've gone."

The guards drew their weapons, and Cid wondered what he was going to do...

----------------------------------------------------------

===End Third Person P.O.V. ===

Inside Cid's house, we waited. Tifa stood, watching out the window, when she stiffened and said "Palmer! He's coming this way!"

"Everyone hide." Cloud said.

"Almost everyone." I added. "He won't recognize Vincent or me."

"Good thinking. Find out what he wants." Cloud said.

The room was barely cleared when Palmer burst in the door, not even knocking, and helped himself to a seat. "Hello Shera!" he exclaimed. "Ahh! Tea! Excellent." Downing the cup in a single gulp, Palmer spat in back out all over the room. "What? No lard? Sheesh, no one knows how to make anything right."

"If I may ask sir, what do you want?" Vincent asked, staring at Palmer. "It's quite rude to simply burst in like this."

Palmer chuckled. "Rude, bah. Still you're right. I'd best get to work... The plane's not gonna confiscate itself now is it?"

"The plane? You're taking the plane!?" Shera asked.

"Sure thing. Now if I remember, the back door is this way, right?" Palmer headed down the back hallway.

As Cloud and the others emerged from hiding, Shera was despondent. "He's going to steal the plane!" She exclaimed.

"Oh no he isn't!" Barrett rumbled. "Let's stop the fatso!" He rushed down the hall and we all followed close behind...

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

206 3 7
Sephiroth mysteriously comes back to life with nearly complete memories and no insanity. He goes back to Shinra and it's up to the Turks to reintegra...
234K 4.4K 75
Y/N L/N an ex soldier who wants to work as a mercenary but he suddenly meets two people he hasn't seen in five years and maybe more people. I don't o...
136 5 18
This is an xfemale!reader. "I didn't want to do this again. They fucked with the wrong person! I'm coming back stronger and better than ever. Just...
159K 2.4K 25
You had a peaceful life at the Steampunk guild until one day when you lost everything.