my online lover

Galing kay bfscyyy

When Enede comes across Kevin at first she thinks that life is giving her so many joys. She meets him on Tind... Higit pa

intro: characters and information.
PROLOGUE
not a good day
fixing or breaking?
date and memories
answers?
feeling free
conflicting thoughts
verity
chase and charm
missy headstrong
what do we do?
control
vulnerability
the plan
target
rescue
pain
heal what's unhealable
almost
as if
in-sensitive
first tries
let's talk
it's about feelings
headbugs
shoot
nauseous
box of heat
be aware
toughen up
mom
twisting
you and I
downfall
change of plan
pull the trigger
we won
atonement
EPILOGUE

the gala

12 1 0
Galing kay bfscyyy

In two weeks and a half, everything will have its end.

Joe told Kevin that the meeting will be the weekend after the Gala. He will have his party as a celebration before the end of the big war. Or at least this is what the man told his son. I am still fearing this Joe's mind. He is planning something. My chest tells me that every time I see Daniele's happy face. It seems like everything is going according to plan, but why do I feel like there is something off? Perhaps because, over time, I have learned not to believe the man's words. He can say what he wants but for me, there will always be two games. As Kevin told me a week ago, during our little conversation in the pizzeria, he is good with minds. He can gaslight without you noticing it. So I wonder if he is playing all of us or if we're doing a good job. This is just something we can know by the time.

I face myself against the mirror in front of me, facing a completely different person. The silk-green dress hugs my curves and falls to my feet, covering the white heels. I rub my hands gently against the fabric of the material, with my head tilted while I try to understand if I like how I look or if it seems too much out of my style. I know I don't often wear these things, but I couldn't wear jeans and a pullover for a Gala. And my father bought this for me, only for this day. He told me he loved the colour. That it would have matched the blonde in my hair. I laughed when he told me that.

But now, looking at myself through the mirror, I can see why he said that, and it's not that far away from matching my skin and hair colour. I have to admit: it fits me. The slit of the dress starts from half of my left tight and goes down until the end of the leg.

I turn my back slightly, to check behind. I see my bare skin reflexed in the mirror. The straps of the dress arrive until the end of my back, leaving it uncovered. I hold back a sigh, wondering what Kevin's reaction will be, both to my dress and me being at the gala, without him knowing it.

I move around my room, and my heels are the only sound I can hear. I pick up my purse, tossing my phone, wallet and house key inside. When I reach the door, I check the mirror once again before leaving the room. As I pass my father's room I hear him complaining about something. I step back, pooping my head in his room. When I get in, I see him struggling with the tie in front of his mirror, and I hold back a laugh, knowing that it was always Mom doing the knot for him.

«Lemme help you,» I say in a soft tone while picking up my phone. «We can watch a tutorial.»

He lets his arms fall against his body with a snort of frustration and then notes me. He spins around and faces me with a wide smile on his face and shiny eyes. «Look at you,» he murmurs raising his hands in my direction. I blush, smiling under my hair as I type on YouTube's 'tutorial for tie knot.' «You look flawless, sweetie. This dress is perfect.»

«Thank you, Dad,» I retort without facing him, and when I tap the first video that shows, I walk towards him. I lay the phone on the nightstand next to his bed, then put myself in front of him and repeat what the tutorial shows me. It's not hard. I thought it would take longer but in two minutes he is ready. «You also look amazing,» I compliment him before grabbing my phone and putting it back in my purse.

«Your mother would be speechless to see you right now,» he suddenly confesses, and my chest aches for the sentence. «She would love the woman you're.»

«Dad,» I whisper before sighing. «All right let's go before tears ruin Antonio's work.»

My best friend came in the afternoon to prepare me. To make sure I didn't leave the house with an unkempt look when I should give the feeling of being a rich sexy symbol -Antonio's words-. So he came, prepared my hair and did my make-up. I asked him for something soft and not flashy, and he did a good job by making my make-up look natural, almost like I am wearing nothing on my face.

I grab my black coat and dress it as my father does the same with his before we leave the house. We head inside my dad's car, and I struggle a bit with my long dress, not used to wearing it, almost being stuck with a heel in the fabric. My dad laughs at my clumsiness.

«Don't laugh,» I fend off. «This is the second and last time I wear something fancy.»

«When was the first time?»

I panic, forgetting that it was on the date with Kevin. «University party,» I lie, shrugging. «We had to wear something elegant because the place was luxurious. Antonio forced me to wear a black dress. It was very uncomfortable.» I feel proud of my little lie, and suddenly I realise how good I have become at making up stories. My mom would always catch my lies, but with my dad is easier.

«Don't worry,» my dad starts as he drives alongside Milan's dark street. «We'll go back home soon. I'm not staying there that long and meeting all those people I don't even know.»

Meeting. Kevin is there. My father will be there. Why didn't I think about it before? They'll meet. My father will see Kevin and vice-versa. Oh no, this is not good. Not so good. Stupid me that I got distracted by everything and forgot the important thing: not making them meet. «Well, we can still drop everything and go back home. What do you think?» I try with hope filling my veins.

My dad frowns. «No,» he retorts. «Not now. I'll go there, make my appearance and then we can leave. I have to show up. I am the headmaster of my sector. It's my duty.»

«I am sure they won't care about it that much.» I bit my cheeks. «I mean, not that you're not important-»

«You agreed to come with me. What made you change your mind?»

Maybe the fact that I totally forgot you will meet the guy who is filling my days with joy and stress and I have no idea what we are but still we are something. «I changed my mood quickly, but it's fine. I tried. Let's go and have fun for that little while we stay there.»

I inhale sharply and press my body in my seat, looking outside as the buildings fly fast in front of my eyes and feeling my heart beating like a machine against my chest. My dad doesn't know what Kevin looks like, and if he sees me, he can also notice my father next to me. Maybe he'll understand and not try to approach me. Maybe, I am panicking about something that won't be that much. But somehow, I have a hunch that this will be a long and intensive night.

My Dad and I walk together towards the entrance of the large place where the Gala is hosted. I keep my arm wrapped around my dad's, and he pulls me gently inside the hall, waiting for the line to move and for our turn. When a young woman in a suit and hair pulled in a low chignon smiles at us, my father tells her our last name. She quickly checks her tablet and then points to the name.

«Welcome to Adonis' Gala,» she greets us and my back shivers to hear that last name. «You can leave your coat to my colleague. He'll put a target with your name on it,» she warns us before pointing to the closet with her hand.

My dad thanks her before we reach the man she pointed to. He helps me take off my coat. Fresh air hit my bare back, and I straighten my shoulders to look like I am not out of my crowd. I wait for my father to be ready. Then, we march together inside the big room. Classical music from an Orchestra plays in my ears, coming from my left. But my eyes scan the room, seeing how Joe likes to do things in big.

The room has two floors, and people are spread everywhere, with champagne glasses in their hands and low voices, as if speaking is not allowed. In the middle of the large hall is a long buffet table. Foods and drinks are standing all along the marble mobile. I shift my gaze and see a little stage in front of me at the end of the room with a microphone on it, and I wonder if we are going to hear Joe speaking. I would hold a laugh if he broaches a speech about being good and how proud he is of his life.

From the roof, hang a pair of chandeliers that look like diamonds, and the dim light creates a relaxing, gentle atmosphere.

My shoulders are down, and my hair is tickling my back. I keep my purse against my belly and accept a glass of champagne when a waiter offers me a tray full of those. My Dad never leaves my side, brushing his shoulder against mine, almost afraid to lose me.

I peer around, looking for one person in particular and having no idea how he would react once he sees me. I take a sip from my champagne. «People here look like they come from another planet,» I discuss, whispering and tilting my head towards my dad's.

I hear him chuckling. «They seem to be born like this,» he comments with an amused smile, and I nod.

My eyes dart around, moving from one person to another until they stop, freezing on one person. My heart twitches, and my legs start to feel weak, forcing me to strengthen the grip on my dad's arm. With my heart beating in my throat, I keep my eyes settled on his.

When I posted my eyes on him, he was already looking at me, and from the way he is staring at me, I cannot decipher his emotions. He may look upset but also relieved. It's something that I can't say. My focus moves on his appearance, with hair stuck back, leaving his face completely free. He is wearing a pressed black suit with a white blouse that comes out from the open blazer. I inhale sharply, realising how handsome he is and holding back the urge to leave my dad's side to reach him.

His hands are hidden in his trousers pocket, and some people around him are trying to converse, but he is not moving his eyes away from me. I turn my head to my father's face and see he is moving his around, almost like he is feeling out of the room. I tip his shoulder, making him glance at me.

«Do you know anyone here?» I ask, chinning against the crowd.

He nods. «Yes, a few people, but I don't want to leave you here alone,» he warns me with a soft smile.

I roll my eyes, snorting at his stubbornness. «Go,» I order, rearing my arm from his. «I'll be fine. Maybe I can find new people.» I will actually try to stay as far away from everyone as possible. Mostly from Kevin, not wanting to arouse suspicion and also because I have no idea what Joe looks like, while I am pretty sure he knows me very well.

«I am going to be near. Whenever you feel to need me, you can find me.»

I kiss my Dad on his cheek and then let him go. I step back, reaching an isolated spot against the wall, but good to look around and be sure I can see everyone. I try again to toss my eyes on Kevin, but he has moved from where he was. Now, I am panicking. I want to be sure he is far away from me. I move my head to the left and the right, not having any sign from him. So I decide to walk alongside the wall, trying not to reach the middle and keep my eyes on the people until I finally find Kevin again, and I stop on the spot. I am hiding behind a group of people. A woman is wearing a long red dress that covers her legs and has a dazzling corset. It is very beautiful, I must admit, but at the moment my focus is on the boy, not so far away from me, but not so close that I can hear why he is gesturing violently at someone. I narrow my eyes, trying to sharpen the figure in front of him, and suddenly rage fills my mind while I fist my grip around my purse.

Joe. I can feel it's him. Light blue eyes like Kevin's are settled on his nervous son as they talk, but only Kevin appears to be mad about something I wish I could know. They're secluded, and the light is not making them so visible. Joe has a smirk put on his face, and it makes me furious, wanting to slap his mocking expression. Whatever they're discussing, Kevin is not happy about it, and his father wants that reaction from him. I need something that holds me back, forcing me not to move from where I am and not going to help Kevin. I check around, searching for my father, before seeing him talking with a few people. I decide to reach him, marching through the people and stopping right next to him.

«This is my daughter, Enede,» he presents me to some people. «Enede, those are Julian, Margherita and Paolo. They all work with me.»

I smile at them and shake their hand as they offer them to me. «It's a pleasure to meet you all.»

«We can finally meet the girl your father always talks about,» Julian comments with an amused smile. «We all thought he had a lover.»

«I have,» my dad steps in. «My daughter is my lover. She will always be.»

I chuckle, shaking my head. «Only because I am the only kid,» I gamble. «I am pretty sure he would say the same for each child he had.»

Margherita laughs at my jokes. «You totally have the same humour,» she confesses. «Without Robert, it would be so boring.»

I give her an amused smile before zooming out from the conversation and tossing a look over Kevin, where now he is alone, and his eyes are back on me. I sigh, seeing his defiant stare, and abruptly, I fear he can be very mad at me. I know I should've told him, and maybe the subject of the discussion with his father was me. But I did it because I knew how he would react and how much he would stress out about preparing mentally for my being here. Maybe it would've been better, or maybe not. But now I am here, he knows, and I am glad he hasn't approached me yet, probably for my dad.

«Enede?» My Dad calls me out. I turn my head over him. «Are you still with us?»

I shift my eyes, moving them on the people in front of me and then back to my father. «Yes, sorry. I was just thinking about how big this Gala looks.»

The man in front of me -Paolo, if I remember right- laughs. «My wife refused to come because she thinks we don't fit here,» he admits. I tilt my head. «It was pretty weird for us to be invited to this party.»

I frown. «How come?»

Julien walks in. «Because usually, this kind of party is for the big ones. Like, the owner of the Hospital or some big companies,» he explains to me. «Everyone here is the owner of something. We don't own anything except our little department in the hospital. And ours is not even the bigger.»

I bite my inner cheeks, feeling the rage flushing in my veins. «Never underestimate what you are,» I concede. «If you're here, it's because the owner of the Gala wanted everyone to be here. I am sure there are other people like you here. And even if not, you must feel honoured to be the only one. Owning a Business doesn't mean being the only people in the world able to be big.»

I feel my dad's hand on my shoulder before he grips it gently. «She has a soft heart,» he says. «She can't see the bad in anyone, even in the worst person. She always sees the good side of everything. Do you kill someone? You probably had a good reason to do it. Maybe you need help. And she will help you.»

Julian, Paolo and Margherita laugh at my dad's joke. I force a smirk feeling his words more than I should. «Do you remember Ludovico?» My dad speaks again, and when everyone nods, he keeps going. «She is the one who saved him. She saw him on the street with the little dog and couldn't help by saving him.»

If he only knew how far I could go with my saving soul, he would not be so proud of me. «Dad, stop, you're flashing me as a treasure.»

«But it's something you should be proud of,» Margherita presses, with a smile.

I nod, thanking her and stop talking. My dad smiles at all of the people and then, with a joke, says he needs to go to the toilet. I let him go with a heavy chest, afraid to be left alone again. I stay still, in the middle of the room, with the people talking around me and feeling grateful to have been invited to this party.

I wish I could've stayed home.

Suddenly, a few couples fill the room when a slow song starts, enticing some guests to dance. I take a step back, giving them more space. As soon as I take the second step, my back hits something, someone. I gasp and quickly rear from whoever is behind me. When I turn to say sorry, I froze. Lifting my head, I meet Kevin's eyes. His stare is between aggravated and amused. I open my mouth to say something, but I have no idea what to say.

He bows his head to reach my ear. «Dance with me,» he demands and offers me his hand. I dart my eyes around, checking for both his and my father, but then he takes my hand. «Let them see. I am pretty sure at this point they both know,» he whispers and waits for my consent. I should say no, but I was willing to his touch since I saw him on the other side of the room. So, I let myself go. He gently drags me into the middle of the chamber, hoovering us between other couples who are already dancing.

He places his hand against my bare back, and thousands of tingles spread against my skin. I stay firm, controlling the burns I feel in my stomach, slipping down in my belly. I wrap my arms around his neck as he pulls me towards him so our chests are brushing each other. I cock my head, meeting his blue eyes and relaxing under his touch.

«Why didn't you tell me you were coming?» He asks sternly.

I sigh. «I don't know. I really don't know,» I relent. «I thought... it would have turned into a discussion if I told you that my father was invited.»

«I needed to be prepared.»

I tilt my head. «About what you and your father were discussions about?»

Kevin lingers a look down, peering at my body and probably amazed by the only time he will see me wearing something like this, far away from what I wore on the last date we had. «You look beautiful,» he changes the subject of the conversation, and I let it go, knowing that maybe he doesn't want to talk about it. «I wouldn't have approached, but I couldn't stay there and watch you.» We're moving slowly, under the rhythm of the classic song. His fingers gently scratch my back. «Mostly after I saw how other guys were watching you.»

I bow a brown. «Are you acting like a jealous person?»

He smirks, looking down at me. «Yes,» he says without filters. «I worked hard to be sure you stayed next to me. I am not making others think you're an easy target.»

«I am pretty sure no one was watching me,» I grumble.

There are so many pretty women around here. I don't see how I could be the main sight of some man. I am young, out of the situation, accompanied by my father and with a simple dress. I saw the others' dresses. Those were stunning compared to mine. But it was the purpose of it; I didn't want to draw attention to me, knowing I already have the best eyes looking at me.

«That's what you think.» Kevin lowers his voice and hover his lips against my ears. «Probably because you're unaware of how sexy you're in this dress. Thousand better than any other.»

I feel my face blush hard. I hide it against his neck, not wanting him to see me like that or my father. My father. I dart my head back up, flashing a look around, wondering if he is watching me or if he hasn't seen me yet. But Kevin catches my chin with his fingers and moves my head back on him, letting me dive my gaze into his. «Me and you,» he whispers.

I slowly nod and push my head again against his shoulder, closing my eyes and relaxing while our bodies move in harmony under the gentle instrumental music. Kevin's grip around my waist gets stronger, pulling me more against his chest, and I can hear his heartbeats racing like crazy. I smile, listening to the effect I have on him, aware that it's the same he does to me. I would never get used to this, and once we can have these moments more often, it will be so beautiful that it hurts now. It hurts because I fear something will go wrong. Suddenly, I wonder how I ended up here.

I bat out. I stepped out of my boundaries and gave up on him.

«You made it,» I murmur against his neck. «You made me fall all my walls. You broke all of them when I promised myself not to fall for you. And look at me now.»

«You did it by yourself,» he says, placing his chin on my head.

«No, I did not. You know that. There was always something in you that I couldn't back off. I knew you were good. You are light. It was just turned off by your father,» I go on, caressing the back of his neck, making him shiver under my touch. «I doubted you, but before finding out the truth. As soon as I heard everything, I knew I wouldn't step away. I needed to keep the light on, and I still need to because it suits you well.»

Kevin's chest trembles under my body as he takes a deep breath out, and I bow back my head to see his eyes. He lowers his head to face me, and I smile. «I have never felt like this. Whatever it is, it's comfortable.»

His eyes are holding back something he wants to say, but somehow he can keep it to himself. I wish I could know what his mind is telling him. He pushes his forehead against mine, making our noses brush. The music slowly changes into one more active, and we stop moving, knowing this is our signal to step away from the dancing floor. I divide our bodies and hold his hand as I spin my body in search of my father. Not that hard. My dad is standing on the edge of the first people line, staring at me with his arm crossed over his chest and gifting me a stiff glance.

Fear fills my ribs, but I don't back off. I walk towards him with Kevin next to me, not even flinching about what I am about to do. When we're in front of him I give him a sorry look. «Dad, this is Kevin,» I say unsure, before continuing. «Kevin, this is my dad Robert.»

The man next to me gives my father one of his best fascinating smiles as he offers him his hand, and my dad looks at him with an unreadable glance before shaking his hand. «Nice to meet you, kid.»

«The pleasure is all mine, Sir,» Kevin says quickly before taking back his hand.

«So, you're the boy who keeps my daughter out all day?»

I cry silently, closing my eyes and twisting my nose. Sometimes I wish fathers were less... fathers. But I know Kevin is confident enough to deal with the conversation without feeling pressured or scared. He fears nothing except for his father, and it's good. At least one of us is relaxed by the actual situation.

«I can assure you she is in good hands.» Kevin turns his head towards me. «I would never let anything happen to her.»

«I can see that,» my dad whispers and darts me a look. «You make her happy.»

I jolt, fisting my hand around my purse, pushing mental pressure to make my father shut his mouth because I know where the conversation will lead. Kevin spins his head back on my father, focusing on him and his words, and I am ready to broach the rest of the conversation.

«She has never been this... sunny for a long time,» my dad keeps going. I swallow my shame. «She smiles more, has more good moods and her eyes shine again. I almost forgot that look in her eyes.»

«Dad,» I press out in a whisper. He is becoming sentimental.

«Let him talk,» Kevin trails off. «I want to hear what he has to say.»

I roll my eyes and give them an annoyed smile. «I am gonna grab something to drink while you have this cute conversation about myself,» I laugh before dropping Kevin's hand. But before I leave, I reach out to my father to hug him tightly. «Thank you,» I whisper in his ear. He tugs me against him and then lets me walk back, turning my body and reaching the long table in the middle of the room.

I wonder if there is a bar where I can order something to drink. I peer a look around, spotting a little counter in the corner of the room. There is a standing bar with a young woman behind the counter waiting for someone to order. I smile to myself and march in that direction. My feet are burning in the heels, and I can't wait to take them off, as the dress which is smashing my hips like they never existed.

When I am in front of the woman, I smile at her. «Martini, dry,» I order with a sigh.

«Same for me.» A deep rough voice raises at my left, and I dart a look over there.

At first, I don't pay too much attention to who it is, but then my brain kicks in, and I turn my head back to the man next to me. I recognise him as the man who was talking with Kevin before, while he was quite relaxed in front of his nervous son.

Joe.

I square my shoulders and low my head over my drink, taking it in my hands.

«I am pretty sure you already know who I am.» His voice sounds so irritating to my ears. «But maybe we should do the formal ones. I am Joe, Joe Adonis.»

He offers me his hand, and I look over it with a stoic expression before bringing my glass over my lips and drinking a sip from it, feeling the burn in my chest. I lift my eyes, meeting his cold ones. He and Kevin may have the same colour, but the dirt in Joe's is far away from the soft spot in his son. «I don't care about making anything formal.»

He makes a hoarse laugh while rearing his hand and taking his glass with the liquid still in it. «I pictured you as tough as you look,» he comments before taking a sip from his Martini. «That's why you need to back off.»

«Excuse me?» I demand, turning my body in his direction.

He settles his stare on me, a little grin decorating his face. «You're making my son weak. He needs to focus on his purpose and you... can only make him in the doghouse.»

The hair on my arms leaps, and I clench my fingers around my glass. How does he dare to talk about his son like that? He has no idea who the real Kevin is. He is just picturing something his mind wants him to believe. «You can threaten me as much as you want and as long as you wish,» I beat up. «But you'll never see me leave his side. Not even with a gun pointed at my head. You know nothing about your son because you're eyes blurred by power.» I tilt my head and push a grin on my face. «But I don't care about Kevin's future. I'll be there. With or without you blessing it, do you hear me?» I take a break, chining up. «I will do anything in my power to see Kevin happy.»

Joe lingers a look at me, not leaving my eyes. «I can see why he hasn't let you go yet,» he wheedles, finishing his drink in one sip. «But it's for women like you that people like us fall. As long as you keep Kevin's side, you'll drive him to one end: his.»

I chuckle. «He won't fall,» I fend off with a defiant tone. «I won't let this happens. I'll be there, and I am not giving up as easily as you think I will. I'll be wherever you are. Your shadow is mine. I am not afraid of you.»

«See you around, Enede,» he greets me, bowing his head and moving away from me, leaving my mouth dry and my hands shaky.

He knows my name, and I am pretty sure Kevin never told him. He also knew who my father was, that's why he invited him here. As much as we tried to keep my identity hidden, Joe was one step forward, and by now I don't care about anything anymore. He is arrogant, slimy and empty. I am not going to let him fuck with Kevin's head again. That's enough. He thinks everyone is weak because we feel something when it's thanks to our feelings that we can do big things. The thought of fighting for someone gives us a way to extreme our boundaries, and that's when the real us come out.

Feelings make us stronger.

Love makes us stronger.

«What did he want?» The shaken voice of Kevin trembles in my ears, making me wince and turn my head over him. «Why was he here? What did he tell you?»

I raise a hand, placing it against his chest, trying to calm him down as I feel his beats under my fingers. «Calm down,» I try in a soft tone, but he looks restless. I sigh. «He tried to threaten me,» I push out. «Telling me that I make you weak and stuff you already know.»

«He still believes that,» Kevin grunts, and I walk closer to him.

«Kevin,» I call him to push his focus on me. «Look at me.» He lowers his head, meeting my eyes. «There is no need to worry about his words. I won't let him put himself in between us or in your head anymore. Let him believe what he thinks. In one week, we'll be the ones that win, not him. He'll be the weak one behind bars. He will be the one fearing us, not you anymore.» I drive my hand behind his neck and push him closer to me. «We did a big step. Let's pretend he doesn't exist when we're together.»

He pins his eyes in mine and holds his breath. «Can I kiss you in front of your father?» He asks. I smile at his care, knowing I still want my father to stay distant from us.

«Actually, I want to go home,» I murmur, and his eyes turn dark. «Not mine,» I warn him.

Suddenly, everything around me moves quickly. He smiles at my words before backing off to stand still and looking down at me. I feel relieved at his good humour. My chest finally unlocked, and my muscle relaxed. I offer him my hand, and he quickly takes it with no hesitation in his movement.

As we move to pass the crowd in the middle of the room, we reach my father, but Kevin lets me go alone, staying a few steps behind me. I go near to my dad, who is clapping to something that is happening on the stage, not so far away from where we are. I shot my head in that direction, seeing Joe climbing the wooden platform and planting himself in front of the microphone.

No, I am not going to witness this. «Dad,» I call him before the man starts to talk, and the man in front of me lowers his head to check on me. «I'll leave.»

My dad peers behind me, seeing Kevin not so far away from where I am. «I like him,» he says, narrowing his eyes. «But I don't like that you spend so much time with him. There is something you are not telling me. I want to know.»

I sigh, taking his hand. «I will, one day,» I assert with a still tone. «I promise,» I go on and smile at him. «But now I have to go. I can't stay here any minute more.»

My father hesitates as I say those words. Joe's voice increases around me, and my stomach rolls as I hear him. I wait for my dad to be okay with me leaving him here alone, knowing that he can handle it more than I could ever. «Be safe,» he tells me with a concerned tone and tosses an arm around me to hug me before letting me go.

Kevin approaches slowly. «It was a pleasure to meet you, Sir,» he says cordially, shaking his hand. «Good talk,» he adds before holding back an amused smile.

«Hope I'll see you again,» my dad replies, and the man in front of him nods, assuring him that there will be a second time.

«Bye, Dad,» I whisper to him before holding Kevin's hand and walking with him to the closet section when Joe starts to say to everyone how proud he is of what he has accomplished.

Inside me, I feel relieved that we're leaving. Pretty sure he would've brought Kevin onto the stage, and my father would have connected some points. Not that he knows who Joe really is, but there would've been more questions I have no answer to give to him.

I take my coat, push it on my body and follow Kevin out of the local, and the February rain hits my body like beats. I let a cry leave my mouth when I start to feel my body getting wet, and then I laugh, stopping before reaching Kevin's car. He halts as I do and turns his head to see me, wondering what I am doing.

I settle my eyes on him, taking a good scan of his face, seeing his smile widen as I look at him. His eyes shining, and his hair is now wet and messy. The rain dives my hair, but I don't care right now. I want to say loud what I have been holding back for too much.

I want to see how it feels to say it loud and clear because I can't keep it locked inside me. It's now too big to back it off, so it's time to set it free.

I step in his direction. «What are you doing? You'll get sick if you don't get in the car right now,» he tries to drive me towards the car, but I shake my head, stopping right in front of him, close enough to feel his chest brushing mine. «Can you, for once, tell me what's in your head?» He yells, overpassing the rain's sound.

I pool my words, putting them together and finding the braveness. «I realised something,» I start with my heart aching in my chest. «Probably something that I knew for a long time, but I was afraid to say it loud because facing the reality of it,» I keep saying and putting a big smile on my face. «But why keep back something that, soon or later, will come out? And with time like this, I can't risk not telling it, and something takes away my chance.»

«What are you talking about?»

When Joe tried to push me away, I realised that I am stronger than I think. I can handle everything if I want to. I dealt with my mother's death. I could stand the period after he died. I dealt with being almost killed in a basement. I handled a chase, a shooting, and a jail. I handled the fear of the first date, the fear of falling for someone I shouldn't. I handled words and actions.

I am here. Stronger than ever. If I could stand all this, I can do this.

I lift my head, taking Kevin's face in my hands. «I love you, Kevin,» I confess, not taking it back anymore. «I think I've loved you for a long time now, but I've been too scared to admit it. And now I am not going to back off this feeling anymore.» I inhale sharply. «I love you, and I'll love you until my heart beats.»

The rain falls over our faces, and I am freezing out here, but the warmth I feel in my chest is enough to make my body burn. And I am looking right into Kevin's eyes, waiting for his answer. He is speechless, his eyes soaked in mine and his mouth half open. I don't care if I told it too soon, and if he doesn't feel to say it yet. I wanted to. I needed to. I feel eased after I said it.

«You don't have to answer now-»

«I think the answer to that is pretty clear,» he cuts off. I give him a confused look. «I have loved you since the first day I met you. Since my eyes settled on you, I knew I would love you more than I should, but I constantly kept it for myself, waiting for the right moment to say it out loud or maybe to wait for it to feel real. But it always felt real. Day by day, I was falling in love with you more and more.» He takes a break, the rain now slowing down. «I love you. I've always loved you. I will never stop doing that. Not now, not tomorrow and not in years.»

I wrap my arms around his neck and inching towards him before kissing him. He hugs me by gripping my waist, and I let him jerk me against his chest. I don't know if I am crying or if it's the rain, but I feel so good and light. Like no one can break me now. I feel like I have finally found my path.

My path is Kevin. Now I am sure of it.

«Let's go home,» he murmurs against my lips, a big smile planted on his face. «As much as I would kiss you endlessly if we stand in the rain any longer, we won't accomplish anything.»

I nod to him, leaving another quick kiss against his lips before heading for his car.

AUTHOR SPACE

Enede finally met Joe, and Kevin met Robert.

What a day to be two young adults in love, trying to hide their relationship but incapable to do it.

With Robert, it actually went better than with Joe, even if Enede was able to face him, with no fear. Indeed, having the conversation with Joe made her realise something very important that she loves Kevin! We knew it, but she needed her time haha.

Kevin realised that a long time ago. But late is better than ever.

We have six chapters left (+ the Epilogue)!!! We're near the end. And nothing has still happened, eh eh.

The next chapter IS AMAZING. I can't wait for you to read it.

But the one after the next... it's a hard one. Be ready.

Q: what do you think of Enede's debate with Joe? Was she good?

Lemme know by commenting!

Love ya, Benny. <3

CHAPTER COVER MADE BY ME.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.2K 104 11
#1 in Mafia Romance 🀌🏻 "An India Mafia Love and Revenge Story." A girl with a big secret buried inside. A secret that can bring a big doom. A boy w...
5.8K 128 22
"You can't break me no matter how much you try", I said fearlessly. "We'll see about that Isabella... you'll see how badly I'll break you. Everyday l...
2M 63.1K 32
Alessandro Moretti is a powerful and feared leader of the Italian Mafia, with a heart as cold as the ice. Love has never been on his radar, and he ha...
777K 14.5K 60
π“…© π“…© π“…© π“…© π“…© π“…© Matteo Marchetti feels like he has something to prove being the new leader of the Italian Mafia, he tries his best to leave his pas...