The Hellborn Demon Slayer

By DragonLover366

Y/n Goetia, the daughter of Stella and Stolas, grew weary of the monotony of life in Hell. Seeking adventure... More

Authors Note
Character Profile: Y/n Goetia
Characters 1
Characters 2
Prologue
Archangel Uriel
Cruelty
Sabito and Makomo

Trainer Sakonji Urokodaki

378 15 4
By DragonLover366

~On some farmland~

Tanjirō talks with a farmer. 

Tanjirō: "Excuse me. Would it be okay if I took that basket, straw, and some bamboo?" 

Farmer: "Sure, you're welcome to it, but that basket's full of holes." 

Tanjirō: "Yes. I'll pay you for it." 

Farmer: "No, that's all right. I mean, it's a basket full of holes." 

Tanjirō: "No, I will pay you!" 

Farmer: "No, it's all right. You can have the bamboo and straw for free, too." 

Tanjirō: "But I'm still paying you!" 

Farmer: "I said it's okay! You're one stubborn kid!" 

Tanjirō slaps the money into the farmer's hand. 

Farmer: "Agh...!" 

Tanjirō: "Please accept this, although it's just small change!" 

Tanjirō begins running off with the basket, straw, and bamboo. 

Tanjirō: "Thank you very much!" Farmer: "Ouch!!"

~At a cave in the mountains, during the day~

Tanjirō calls for Nezuko, who is in the cave. 

Tanjirō: "Nezuko? Huh? Nezuko? She's gone!" 

Kie is sitting near a hole while his siblings are crowded near it. Nezuko pokes her head out of a hole in the ground. 

Tanjirō: "She's here." 

Y/n smiles at him.

Tanjirō: "Nezuko..." She dug a hole? My little sister has turned into a mole. And she's frowning! She must really want to avoid the sunlight. "Wait there for a second." 

Tanjirō fashions a covered basket for Nezuko with the basket, straw, and bamboo. 

Tanjirō: "Nezuko? Nezuko. Think you can fit inside this? I want to keep moving during the day, too. I'll carry you, okay? Can you fit? In here? Basket." 

Nezuko dives headfirst into the basket but doesn't quite fit. 

Tanjirō: "She kinda protrudes, huh?" I can't believe she grew up. Seems like yesterday that she was tiny. "Huh? Nezuko. Remember how you became big like an adult earlier? Do you think you can do the opposite? Get smaller? Smaller, Nezuko! Get smaller!" 

Nezuko flips the basket right-side up and dives into it. 

Kie: "Careful, Nezuko."

Tanjirō: "Ahh!" 

Nezuko becomes small enough to fit inside the basket. 

Tanjirō: "Ohh! Good job! That's a good girl, Nezuko! I'm impressed!" 

Kie: "Good job Nezuko!" 

Hanako, Shigeru, and Rokuta: "Yay, Neazuko!"

Takeo: "Good job."

Uriel: "Before we get going I know you have questions. So please ask away."

Tanjiro: "What are you?"

Kie: "And why are you here?"

Y/n: "That's a long story."

~In the late afternoon~

Tanjirō walks down the path past a farm with Nezuko carried in the covered basket on his back. 

Woman: "Mt. Sagiri? If you want to go to Mt. Sagiri, you'll have to cross over that mountain, but... The sun's about to set. Are you really heading there with all that luggage? It's dangerous, you know." 

Kie: "We'll be careful. Thank you very much." 

Woman: "People have gone missing lately! Try not to lose your way!" 

Tanjirō turns back to wave at the woman and continues walking down the path. 

~At night~

On a path going into the mountains. The group walks together until they reach a lighted temple.

Tanjirō: "Oh. There's a temple over there. There's light leaking through, so someone must be there. Let's check it out. Ah... Hah!"

Tanjirō looks around.

Tanjirō: "I smell blood! This mountain path is pretty rough! Someone must have gotten hurt!"

Y/n, Tanjirō, and Nezuko run up the steps to the temple as Uriel and Kie keep the other kids away.

Uriel: "Y/n can handle it. It's best of Tanjiro to see a demon like you did."

Tanjirō slides the doors open quickly.

Tanjirō: "Are you all right?! Ah!"

The basket drops off Tanjirō's back. Inside the temple, a demon has attacked several humans, leaving them dead. He's eating their corpses.

Demon: "What the hell? This is my turf. If you break into my territory, I'll make you pay!"

Y/n: "Ahh. I kinda miss watching turf wars go down."

Tanjirō: It's a man-eating demon!

At the sight of the corpses, Nezuko begins salivating furiously.

Demon: "Huh? There's something off about you. Are you all humans?"

Tanjirō: "Urk...!"

The demon charges Tanjirō, knocking both of them from the top of the steps to the temple.

Tanjirō: "Urk!"

Y/n tackles the demon easily.

Tanjirō: "Be-"

Y/n ties the demon up while brushing the dust off of her hands. Y/n goes through her pockets looking for her phone as the rest catch up.

Y/n: "Were you told what to do with them when we catch them?"

Uriel: "No."

Y/n and Uriel look at the demon.

Y/n: "Frick."

Uriel: "Oh man."

Y/n pulls out her Hell Phone and goes to call Lucifer.

Hanako: "What kind of rope is that?"

Y/n: "Blessed rope."

Uriel: "It's used to negate the powers of demons."

Y/n resorts to texting Lucifer instead.

Y/n: "All right I just texted Lucifer."

Uriel: "I will as well."

Tanjirō: I wonder if there are tons of demons out there. This isn't the scent that was lingering in my house. That was a different demon... But... I gotta finish him off, or he'll attack more people. So... I gotta do it!

Tanjirō's breathing gets harder as he hesitates to kill the demon.

Y/n: "Lucifer said to just kill it if it's not a high ranked demon."

Uriel: "Okay. I'll do it."

Uriel takes a step fowards.

Tanjirō: Do it!

A hand reaches out and takes Tanjirō's shoulder.

Tanjirō: "Ah...! Ah!"

Tanjirō turns to see a man wearing a tengu mask.

Urokodaki: "You can't finish him off with that."

Tanjirō: A goblin mask! I didn't hear his footsteps! "H-How can I finish him off?"

Urokodaki: "Don't ask me. Can't you use your own head to figure that out? Wait why is it tied up?"

Tanjirō: "Ah..." If stabbing is no good... I'll have to crush his head!

Y/n takes two steps forward.

Y/n: "Since you aren't a high ranked demon we have no need to take you back to Hell."

Uriel: "Which means we have full permission to exterminate you for breaching the laws in place to balance the three worlds."

Tanjirō and Urokodaki stare in confusion. Uriel exterminates the demon with his flaming sword. Y/n flinches as she sees it.

Urokodaki: Ahh... This kid isn't going to cut it. He's too kind and can't make decisions. He's facing a demon, yet the scent of kindness remains. He has empathy for even a demon. Giyū... he's never going to make it.

Tanjirō: "Ah..."

Tanjirō looks around.

Tanjirō: "Nezuko? Nezuko?!"

Tanjirō runs back to the temple. He sighs in relief when he sees Nezuko in her basket.

Tanjirō: "Nezuko... Ah... O-Oh, that's right. Where's that man?"

Tanjirō walks to the side of the temple, where Urokodaki squats with his hands in prayer.

Tanjirō: He buried the people who got killed. "Umm..."

Urokodaki: "I'm Sakonji Urokodaki. I'm assuming you're the family Giyū Tomioka sent my way."

Tanjirō: "Yes! My name is Tanjirō Kamado! My sister's name is Nezuko, and..."

Urokodaki: "Tanjirō... What will you do when your sister devours a human?"

Tanjirō: "Huh...?"

Y/n & Uriel: "Bring her to hell."

Urokodaki slaps Tanjirō across the face.

Tanjirō: "Ah..."

Urokodaki: "Too slow! You're just too slow at making decisions! You failed to finish off that demon before daybreak! Do you know why you couldn't answer my question right away? It's because your resolve is too weak! There are two things to do if your sister devours a human. Kill your sister! And slit your own belly and die! That's what it means to travel with your sister who became a demon! But that must never happen no matter what. And best you not forget. Your sister, taking the life of an innocent person... That's the one thing that must never happen. Ever! Do you understand what I'm saying?"

Tanjirō: "Yes!"

Y/n: "Kie!"

Kie comes out carrying Nezuko while the other kids follow.

Urokodaki: "All right, now I'm going to test you to see if you're fit to become a member of the Demon Slayer Corps."

Urokodaki hands Uriel a map.

Urokodaki: "Fallow that map and run there!"

Y/n begins running through the farmlands, with Tanjirō and Urieal following her some distance behind. Urokodaki is leading Kie and the kids to his home.

Tanjirō: She's so fast! Just how fast is she anyway?! And, like earlier, I'm not hearing any footsteps at all! Nezuko, I know it must be jarring, but please be patient! Well, being patient is all that you've ever known. Nezuko... all your life...

Tanjiro: (Flashback) You're fixing your kimono again? I guess we'll have to buy you a new one.

Nezuko: (Flashback) No, no, it's all right! This kimono is my favorite! I'd rather the younger kids got more food to fill them up!

Tanjirō: I swear I'll turn you back into a human! I swear I'll buy you a beautiful kimono someday! Everything that I couldn't do for the others... I'll do it all for you!

~In the late afternoon~

Tanjirō and Urokodaki have arrived at Urokodaki's house. Tanjirō is dead tired.

Tanjirō: "N-Now, have I... passed the test?"

Urokodaki: "The test starts now. We're going to climb a mountain."

Y/n: "I'm going to die."

Uriel: "Never climbed a mountain before?"

Y/n: "Have you?"

Uriel: "Fair enough."

Tanjirō: "Ahh...!"

Kie lies a sleeping Nezuko down in Urokodaki's house.

Kie: "Good luck, kids."

Y/n: "I'm 19!"

Uriel: "I'm older than her."

Tanjirō: "Thank you, mom."

~At night~

Urokodaki and the trio set out to climb the mountain.

Tanjirō: I'm exhausted... My legs are starting to buckle! I'm starting to feel dizzy, too.

Urokodaki stops.

Tanjirō: "Ah..."

Urokodaki: "Now, from here, go back down to the house at the foot of the mountain. This time, I'm not going to wait until daybreak!"

Urokodaki disappears into the mist.

Tanjirō: "What?" Is that all? I see. He thinks I might get lost in this thick fog. I just have to get back by daybreak, right? That's easy! I've got a great sense of smell! I've already memorized Mr. Urokodaki's scent!

Tanjirō begins running down the mountain. His leg hits a tripwire.

Tanjirō: "Wah!"

As Tanjirō looks around, several rocks fly toward him, hitting his face.

Tanjirō: "Gah!" Rocks?!

Tanjirō takes a few steps to the side and falls into a hole.

Tanjirō: "Ahh! Ugh..." A pitfall! I get it now. So there are traps all around! That's the deal, huh?

Uriel pulls Tanjirō out. He reaches forward and triggers another tripwire.

Tanjirō: Uh-oh! "Urgh!"

Uriel dodges as a log attached to a rope swings forward and hits Tanjirō from behind.

Tanjirō: "Ugh..." Crap, crap, crap! If I keep walking into traps like this, I won't make it down the mountain by morning! And besides, this mountain... This mountain is... The air is thin here! It's way thinner here than on the mountain where I used to live! That's why I'm gasping for air like this and feel so dizzy!

Tanjirō continues running forward.

Tanjirō: Will I make it back? I might pass out! No! I gotta make it back!

Tanjirō pauses.

Tanjirō: Get your breathing under control... and sniff out each of those traps! "Ah!"

Tanjirō continues running. He activates a tripwire, sending logs on ropes flying his way. He manages to dodge them. As he continues, he manages to avoid hitting the tripwires and other traps.

Y/n: "Should we help him?"

Uriel: "He needs to grow."

Y/n: "I feel so bad watching him be practically tortured."

Uriel: "Same."

Tanjirō: Right! I've got it! I've got it! Traps set by human hands have a slightly different scent after all!

Tanjirō hits a trap, sending him into a bamboo pole that flings him up and into the ground.

Tanjirō: "Urk!" But that doesn't mean... I'm suddenly athletic enough to dodge every one of them! I'm gonna make it back no matter what! Nezuko!

~At Urokodaki's house~

Urokodaki watches over Nezuko as the sky is beginning to become light. Tanjirō opens the sliding door.

Tanjirō: "I... have... returned..."

As Tanjirō falls to the ground Y/n catches him.

Y/n: "I told you we should've helped him."

Uriel: "He needs to learn."

Tomioka: (Flashback) Forgive my abruptness, Mr. Sakonji Urokodaki. I'm sending a boy your way who wants to become a Demon Slayer swordsman. He was brazen enough to attack me unarmed. His family was attacked by a demon, and the eldest sister has become one, but I have determined that she will not attack humans. I can sense something different about these two. Like yourself, the boy seems to have a keen sense of smell. Perhaps he'll find a way to break through and become your heir apparent. I am asking you to train him. I realize that this is a self-serving request, but please forgive me. I hope that you will take good care of yourself in your endeavors. Yours truly, Giyū Tomioka.

Urokodaki: "I accept you as my students, Tanjirō Kamado, Uriel, and Y/n."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 44 7
Stolas is at home lamenting alone when a certain someone surprises him with a delightfully unexpected visit. Octavia has arrived early from her mothe...
63.8K 1.3K 34
Completed ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (This book is cringe so I don't know why your reading it 💀 but go ahead I guess-) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ...
5.3K 81 24
Of all the creatures in Hell, none is as secretive or little known about as a breed of Imps with the power to heal. Recognizable by the snake-like pa...
46K 775 21
***THIS STORY IS NOT COMPLETE. I AM TAKING A MENTAL HEALTH BREAK*** Welcome to the arduous life of Y/N, a particularly strange teenage Hellhound with...