Sabito and Makomo

At Urokodaki's house at night. Tanjirō writes in his journal. After he finishes, he watches Nezuko for some time before Urokodaki calls him.

Urokodaki: "Let's go."

~Outside~

Urokodaki: "The Demon Slayer Corps has around several hundred members. It's an organization unrecognized by the government. Yet, it has existed since ancient times, and we continue to hunt demons today. But as for who's leading the Demon Slayer Corps, that remains a mystery. Demons. Staple food: humans! They kill humans and feed on them. No one knows when and where they first appeared. Their physical prowess is remarkable. Wounds heal in the blink of an eye. Flesh is restored after being hacked off, and libs can be newly regenerated. Some demons can shapeshift. Others have otherworldly powers. They can only be killed by sunlight or by decapitation with a special sword. The Demon Slayers battle the demons with their own mortal bodies. Since they're human, their wounds are slow to heal, and, once lost, their limbs don't grow back! Even so, they battle the demons... to protect other humans."

Uriel: "Do you--"

Y/n: "No."

~On Mt. Sagiri~

The three train.

Urokodaki: "I am a trainer. I literally train swordsmen. There are many trainers, and each of them train their pupils with their own regimen in their location. To join the Demon Slayer Corps, you must survive the Final Selection process held on Mt. Fujikasane. Whether or not you're eligible for the Final Selection is up to me."

Tanjirō jumps over a tripwire.

Tanjirō: "Ngh!"

Tanjirō: (Narration) Starting today, I'm going to keep a journal for Nezuko. I'm descending the mountain again today. I'm going to train my hardest so I won't die during the Final Selection.

Tanjirō: "Ah! Urgh...!"

A log swings toward Tanjirō. He barely dodges it. He jumps over another tripwire.

Tanjirō: "Ngh!"

Tanjirō: (Narration) After repeatedly descending the mountain day after day, I'm starting to learn how to avoid most of the traps. It's because I'm much stronger now, and because I'm even more adept at detecting scents than before. Even so...

Tanjirō: "Ah!"

A bunch of short swords come flying toward Tanjirō and plant themselves into a tree near him.

Tanjirō: (Narration) ... the traps are getting more and more difficult. He may really want to kill me!

~On Mt. Sagiri during the day~

Tanjirō descends the mountain again.

Tanjirō: (Narration) I made my descent today, sword in hand, but the sword really hampered my movement.

Tanjirō: "Ah... Ahh!!"

Tanjirō gets caught in a rope trap and goes flying into the air.

Tanjirō: (Narration) With the sword, I can't stop getting ensnared in all the traps! I don't understand how this comes so naturally to Y/n who's just learning how to use one as well. Although she's more natural with scythes. I've seen Uriel train with her and they both deliver what should've been devastating blows.

Tanjirō practices his sword swinging.

Tanjirō: "991! 992!"

Tanjirō: (Narration) I swung the sword today. Well, it's not just today. I've been swinging the sword every single day. After descending the mountain, I swing my sword until my arms nearly fall off.