Bad Boy's Protection (Protect...

By 3dream_writer3

Cover by KekekBronach Poppy McCormick was best friends with the school's most popular girl, Belle Jo... More

Protector Series
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Addressing Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 Part 1
Chapter 17: Part 2
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Announcement
FINAL ANNOUNCEMENT!
Bonus: Chapter 15 ~ Grayson's POV

Chapter 21

114K 3.8K 1.1K
By 3dream_writer3

Chapter 21

Spring Break was over and I had to go back to school. I spent most of my Spring Break in my bedroom either sleeping, watching movies, or crying. I never thought that I would ever cry over a guy before, but there I was. I never liked anyone as much as Grayson before. Sure, he was the bad boy of my school, but he was very sweet towards me. I never had someone treat me the way he had been treating me.

Tony ended up finding a new apartment to move into, so I was back to being the only kid in my house. I missed him, obviously, because he was my older brother.

At school on Monday, my period one teacher announced that there was going to be a party for the juniors and seniors. How fun. I had enough of these stupid parties, especially because Mom found out about it and insisted that I go. I didn't want to, but I had no choice.

The party was on Friday and was going to be held at the same banquet hall where Dad's work party was held the week before. That, I didn't mind because after I talked to Grayson at the party, I found a nice, quiet room that rarely anyone went to. I planned to hide out there the whole time.

"Remember that I will pick you up at nine," Mom told me once she dropped me off at the banquet hall. "You'll have fun. Trust me."

I seriously doubt it. One, I was going to be at a party with my whole school where everyone hated my guts. And two, Grayson might be there. I still wasn't over him unfortunately. I had to keep telling myself that we would probably not get back together because of how stubborn he was. I just didn't want it to be true.

I walked into the banquet hall, where most of the students had already arrived. The cheerleaders and football players were standing in a group nearby the food table, so me eating was obviously no option.

When I looked at that group again, I noticed one person who didn't belong there. Ben. What was Ben doing here?! It was a student party, not one for people like him!

I continued looking around the banquet hall until I saw Grayson. Good, he was here. I know I didn't want him here before, but I was way too worried about Ben to worry about seeing Grayson. I just hoped her would keep his promise about protecting me from Ben.

Judging by the look on Grayson's face, he was forced to be here as well. What was up with parents? Normally, they wouldn't want their teenagers going to a party. Now, they were forcing us to go.

Not wanting be near anyone anymore, I decided to go to the room I found during Dad's work party. It was a small room with a bookshelf and a few chairs here and there.

I scanned through the bookshelf until I found the most interesting one. I wasn't a big reader, but I'd rather read than be at this party, as weird as that sounded.

I wasn't that much into the book. I was more reading the words instead of comprehending them. But it was better than being up there.

I looked at my watch, noticing that only an hour had passed. The party started at seven and it was now eight. One more hour left, then I can go home.

"I thought I might find you in here," a voice said suddenly, making me jump a bit. I looked at the door. Oh no. Not him.

"Go away," I muttered quietly, my heart beginning to beat louder. I couldn't go through this again.

Ben walked over to me. "And miss getting some revenge? Not a chance."

"What happened wasn't my fault," I said. It took a lot of courage getting that out. I didn't know what to do. Ben was blocking the only way out of this room.

Ben grabbed the book out of my hand and placed it on the table beside him, giving me no choice but to look at him. "I'm not an idiot, Poppy," he said. "Of course I know that. I just thought you were a smart enough not to tell anyone about it. Instead, you go crying to your brother and tell the authorities. Not smart at all. Did you ever think what might happen once I got out of jail?"

Honestly, I didn't think about that. I was just happy he was gone from me. I never thought about him ever coming back.

"No words?" Ben asked. "You're probably feeling pretty stupid, aren't you? Being in a room all by yourself and nobody knows where you are because everyone hates you. Such a shame that my sister actually believes me. If only she knew that you were telling the truth the whole time."

"Just leave," I said, but it ended up coming out strained. I was nervous. I was scared.

"Leave?" Ben asked. "You want me to leave you alone? Not a chance." He grabbed my wrist and yanked me up from the seat roughly.

His grip on my wrist was tightening, so I tried pulling away. It was no use. I wasn't strong enough.

"You can't get away," Ben said. "And now, I'm going to do what I wasn't able to last summer."

Before Ben could do anything, someone yanked Ben away, causing the sudden force to make Ben release me and having me fall to the ground.

"You lay a single hand on her again and you will seriously regret it," the person you pulled Ben away warned. I never thought I would be so relieved to hear Grayson's voice.

I sat up, rubbing my head. Grayson had Ben pressed up against the wall. Even though Grayson was a year younger than Ben and shorter, he was way stronger.

"I'm not afraid of you," Ben said, but I sensed a bit of doubt in his voice.

"You should be," Grayson said. "Just because I'm younger, doesn't mean I won't be able to beat the living crap out of you. Just ask your sister's boyfriend. And speaking of your sister, you might want to be careful admitting lying about what happened."

"What are you talking about?" Ben asked.

"Belle is the one who got me," Grayson said. I was shocked. Belle got Grayson to stop Ben? "She overheard you saying that Poppy was right the whole time."

Suddenly, sirens of cop cars sounded from outside. Ben looked nervous, which was the opposite of Grayson. "Right on time," Grayson said, moving away from Ben. Ben turned, about to hurry out of the door, but someone was blocking his way. Belle.

"Belle," Ben said, trying to sound relieved. "Thanks goodness you're here. This idiot tried threatening me for no reason."

"Save it," Belle said, sounding extremely hurt. "I can't believe you lied to me."

"I didn't lie," Ben, ironically, lied.

"I heard you," Belle said. "I heard you say that Poppy was telling the truth the whole time."

"No, you're misunderstanding," Ben said.

"I saw what you were doing!" Belle said. "I saw you grab her and heard you say that you were going to do what you weren't able to last summer!"

Ben didn't reply. He knew there was no point.

A policeman walked into the room and looked at Ben. "You're going to have to come with me," he said. "Part of being released from jail was going nowhere near this girl."

While Ben was being arrested, Grayson walked over to me and crouched down beside me. "You okay?"

I shook my head as I pulled my knees closer to me and rested my forehead on my knees. Ben was so close to assaulting me again.

Grayson helped me stand up and pulled me into a comforting hug. "I'm so sorry, Poppy," he said quietly.

I didn't say anything as I accepted his hug. I missed being this close to him and being able to hug him.

"I'll take you home now," Grayson said. I nodded as Grayson put his arm and pulled me close. He lead me outside of the banquet hall, luckily knowing a way out that didn't involve going through the main entrance and pass everyone else.

Grayson opened the passenger door of his car for me and I got in. Grayson drove me to my home, not saying a single word to me. I didn't even say anything.

He pulled into the driveway of my house. Before I got out, Grayson turned to me. "If you ever need someone to talk to, you can always call me," he said.

' I nodded and walked into my house. Mom was in the kitchen, baking an apple pie. "Poppy, what are you doing home? I told you I was going to pick you up at nine."

"I......I wasn't feeling good," I lied. I didn't want to tell her about what happened for a few reasons. I really didn't want to see her reaction from it and I didn't want to talk about it. "I got a ride home."

Mom nodded. "Okay. Maybe you should go get some rest."

"Yeah," I said quietly before turning around and heading upstairs.

_______________________

Alright, who wants to Grayson beat up Ben? Yeah I really dislike Ben. I have never hated one of my own characters this much before.

Next chapter might be up tomorrow. If not, it should be up before next Friday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 59.3K 44
Kayla Green is not your typical girl. She is known and she has friends. People talk to her because of her easy going personality and caring attitude...
111K 3.9K 47
It's Riley's first day of school she meets Lucas friar the bad boy she hated immediately because she knows he's bad news they hate each other you can...
0 0 15
Lily Jones is a 17 year old girl. She's had a tragic experience in life and is later on forced to move to a different school. She is smart and always...
277 0 37
Two similar families, once friends, now enemies. The two families founded the town, Willow Woods, many years ago, but a lot had changed since then. T...