π‘ˆπ‘π‘‡π»πΌπ‘πΎπ΄π΅πΏπΈ

By teeetales

Two strangers had a one night stand which resulted in lifetime commitment. Follow them on their journey to l... More

intro
one
two
three.
four.
five
six.
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty -two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six

thirty-four

4K 298 94
By teeetales

The sun beamed through the blinds, illuminating the room. Cheyenne stirred in her bed. She rubbed the spot besides her with her eyes closed and loudly sighed.

Her eyes fluttered opened and she stared at the ceiling, holding back her tears. She hasn't been having it easy.

It was way too early to be crying, she thought as she finally sat up and pushed her crazy hair that got out her bonnet, out her face. She grabbed her hair tie on her night stand and tied up her hair.

She got out of bed and beelined for the adjoined bathroom. She turned the hot water on as she brushed her teeth. When she was done, she washed her face.

Cheyenne throughly showered and then stepped out. She moisturized her body and wore comfortably. She made sure to put breast pads so her milk wouldn't leak out her sport bra. She headed downstairs, towards the kitchen and picked her food. She wasn't really hungry. She didn't have a appetite lately

"Have you heard from Donovan?".  Cheyenne slowly wobbled in the living room, towards Eden and Sabrina who were each holding the twins. She had given birth a few days ago and had a water birth in the comfort of her home. However it has been over a month since she's seen him.

Most shockingly and unexpected, Donovan wasn't no where to be found and nobody knew or wanted to tell her where he was. He had missed the birth of his children. The most important part of their lives and she was livid.

His departure was abrupt and confusing which made her even more furious. She held so much resentment in her heart when she shouldn't. She felt used especially since he disappeared right after their night of sexual rendezvous. It felt like the first night however she did the disappearing. Was it revenge?

If so, it was quite childish on his part.

She didn't want to believe that Donovan disappeared on her just like that and so easily, without a second thought. She didn't want to believe the one person she could count on disappeared off the face of the earth with no explanation and to think she was starting to fall for him.

"No we haven't." Eden stated making her heavily sigh. She gently eased her way on the couch and sat besides Eden. She looked to the side, not being able to stand the sight of her own child.

"Do you think something bad happened?" She questioned.

"I don't know. Wherever he is, he will come back". She said, but Eden did not believe the words coming out her own mouth.

The room fall in silence. Each woman dwelling in her own thoughts. There was tension in the room, a knife could cut right through it

"Would you like to hold him, Chey?" Sabrina spoke up, trying bring up the mood.

Cheyenne shook her head and said, "No". She scooted over to the edge of the couch.

"You haven't held neither of them since they were born. They need their mother's love right now." Sabrina expressed and Cheyenne immediately felt guilt and embarrassment.

Guilt consumed her on the daily. She struggled to pinpoint the issue. She felt so happy when it was almost time to give birth but the moment her children entered the world, guilt, anger and hate filled her soul. She tried hard to surpass it but to no avail.

She felt so guilty she wouldn't be able to care nor protect her children in ways she wanted. Anger at Donovan for abruptly disappearing on her when they had made so much progress with their relationship and hatred for her family for abandoning her when she needed them the most. Hatred for her mother committing suicide in front of her and didn't have the decency to try and get help for her sake.

And now she had two human beings depending on her for life and she couldn't handle that.

"Cheyenne!" Eden called out to her making her blink back to reality.  She had disassociated herself from reality. It would take her a while to get back. Back to herself in due time.

"What did you say?". She questioned blankly looked at the two woman staring back at her. Their faces held concern on them. They were worried about her. Worried that she might do something to herself.

"The babies are running out of milk, can you pump some more?". Sabrina asked her. She nodded her head and slowly stood up, heading back upstairs.

Sabrina and Eden shared a look and shook their head.

₰₰

Antonio, quietly walked in the house, searching for Eden. He searched the other rooms and then found her in the living room, cleaning up a few things laying around.

"Eden". Antonio called out to his partner. Eden jumped up from being startled. She turned to look at him with her hands placed on her chest.

"You scared me. When did you get here?." She questioned, striding towards him, standing in the middle of the room.

"I just got here. How are you?". He opened his arms, embracing her.

"I'm okay. Any news about Donovan? ". She asked once they pulled away from each other. Antonio shook his head. He was working countless and tirelessly to find his missing son. It was unusual and it raised major alarms especially during this time.

"How is she?." He questioned instead. He had bags under his eyes, showing how exhausted he was.

"She's devastated. I don't think she's coping but I will be here to help."

"That's good", he nodded his head. His grandchildren and Cheyenne needed all the help they needed. "I wonder where he would be? I thought he sorted his issues with the Haitians. This is unlike him, fuck!"

Eden heavily sighed,  "I know and I don't Cheyenne would ever forgive him. He missed the most important part of his children life."

"I don't know man, I don't think it's his fault. She shouldn't be mad at him. I will take the blame if I need to." He expressed.

"Yeah..." Eden drawled out, "first Angelo and now him. I hope he's safe. I hope my baby is safe."

Antonio pulled Eden into his chest and wrapped his arms around her, "I will bring him back." He promised.

Maybe this was the right time to show his son, how much he cared for him even though he never showed it. There was a reason for that.

Everything in life had a reason right?

₰₰

Mayers slowly strided down the long hallway of the mental institution Daniel was currently held in. The hospital had decided to get him the proper help he needed with more experienced doctors who has knowledge of his type of disorder.

Different thoughts and scenarios played in his head as he thought of how the conversation was going to go today. He hadn't told the chief of police about the new developments in Erin Jones' case.

He wasn't sure if he should but he knew it was better than letting an innocent man go to jail for a crime he didn't commit.  Especially one of Donovan's caliber.

He wanted to be sure and all evidence was in order before presenting it to his superior. The doors buzzed, letting him in the visiting room. He took a seat near the window and waited.

A few moments later, the sound of the door caught his attention. Daniel looked around the room and caught Mayers attention. He took slow strides towards the back of room.

Daniel took a seat and folded his tattooed arms while leaning over the table. Silence filled the duo, neither saying anything.

"What are you doing here?." Daniel questioned, breaking the silence in the room.

"I came to see you.  I've been worried you." Mayers truthfully stated.

Daniel's brows raised in question and said, "Oh really? You worried about lil ole me." He pointed to himself with a smile slowly growing on his lips.

A laugh broke out his mouth and Mayers looked at him, worryingly. A small smile rested on his lips

"Don't worry about me man, I'm good." He waved him off. Mayers shook his head.

"I wouldn't say you are."

"But what did I tell you?" His smile dissipated with quickness. Mayers noticed the sudden change in his mood.

"You are not okay. You confessed to committing a crime. A big crime and tried pinning it on someone else. Someone innocent." He told Daniel.

"What I do?". He asked confusion displayed on his face. His brows were furrowed.

"Are you seriously playing dumb right now?".

"No I'm not, I really don't know what you are talking about." He shook his head.  Mayers rubbed his temples and sighed. He pulled out Erin's picture and slid it towards Daniel.

He grasped the photograph in his hand, holding it at arms length with his eyes squinted, trying so hard to remember.

"Do you remember her. Her name is Erin. Erin Jones."

"She does look familiar." He mentioned. Mayers pulled out more photographs and laid them on the table.

Four photographs showcased Daniel and Erin meeting on different occasions; one at her home, another at a park, the third one showed both parties having dinner which seemed way too cozy judging from the pictures taken. Lastly, one that showed them both in her bed.

"Do you remember all this? Do you remember this young lady, hmm?".

"That's me, sure but I've never spoken to her a day in my life." He denied shaking his head.

"Daniel please", Mayers pleaded in exhaustion. He was actually tired of the mind games. He pulled out the final photographs and laid them on the table.

It was as if a light bulb moment occurred in Daniel's mind once his eyes laid upon the gruesome pictures. The work he had done was quite pleasing to him.

"I remember this!", he pointed towards the pictures where Erin's body was laying in her pool of blood.

"What do you remember about it?." Mayers inquired, awaiting answers.

"Her and I got into an argument. She talked about not wanting to go ahead with the plan anymore. I got frustrated and i—." Daniel's lips trembled as he choked on his tears. The flashbacks were playing like a broken record in his mind.

"And that what? What happened?."  Mayers pressed.

"I pulled out my gun and I killed her. I did that. I'm sorry. She wouldn't listen to me. She didn't want to go ahead with taking him down so I had to tend to other solutions." He cried out while confessing however Mayers wasn't that moved.

He knew Daniel was a danger to society however his judgment got the best of him. He should've listened to his gut before.

"Who is him that you keep talking about?."

"Donovan DeLuca." Mayers shook his head.  He had a feeling he was going to say that. Everyone tried to take him down but it was just impossible. He gad connections in all the high places you could think of.

"What did he do to you? What was his case that you spent months obsessing over?."

"His father killed my sister".

꧁꧂
thoughtsss

Might be over place and half ass but I will make it up to y'all !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 1.3K 20
Love happens over time but not by force Calista can't say the same, she was kidnapped and forced to marry Amell a Mafia King Will they forever hate...
2.1M 100K 31
π™π™π™š π™§π™žπ™œπ™π™© π™€π™£π™š. π™π™žπ™œπ™π™© π™₯π™‘π™–π™˜π™š, π™§π™žπ™œπ™π™© π™©π™žπ™’π™š.
5.4K 393 9
infatuation /ΙͺnˌfatjʊˈeΙͺΚƒn/ noun an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone or something. first it was infatuation, then it was lov...