Red Pixie

By _Fandom_Lover

After winning a trip to Gotham, Marinette gained more than she lost after Lila came taking some of her friend... More

Note
Backstory
Let's Play Catch Up
MPS Origin
New Heroes
Contest
And The Winner Is...
Gotham Here We Come
Background Info
First Day in Gotham
Meeting the Bat Family
Wayne Gardens Part 1
Ice Queen
We're Going to the Zoo
Date Night
Spilling the Beans
It's Dinner Time
Suit Disasters
Secrets Waiting to be Uncovered
Benched
The Lazarus Pits
Ask Away
Official
Opposite of Careful
Hey Ugly
To Hell and Back
Look at that. I've been impaled

Wayne Gardens Part 2

3.6K 132 12
By _Fandom_Lover

Jason's POV

"What just happen?" I asked myself out loud.

What is up with that girl? I've never blushed at a girl flirting with me, but damn. I know it's all fun and games to her, so why does it have this effect on me?

I watched her walk off towards her friends. She talked to Adrien and began giggling. The two seem really close. Are they dating? Not like I would care. I'm just a little curious.

Mari's POV

"So what were you and eye candy number two talking about?" Chloe asked me.

"He was just asking about our outfits," I replied.

"You sure that is it? I saw the man blush for a quick moment," Nino said.

"I may have flirted with him a bit. It's so much fun to do."

"Is that the only reason?" Nath questioned.

"I have talked to the guy three times, so no. There is no other reason."

"Three? When was the third time Mari?" Alix asked.

"On the bus, at the gate, and just now."

"And almost each time you flirt with him," Adrien pointed out.

"Jason is just the son of the man who is sponsoring this trip. The flirting is for fun."

"You totally think he's hot!" Kim said a bit too loud.

"So you think I'm hot?" I heard a voice say behind me.

How much had Jason heard? There wasn't anything too embarrassing, so I can easily play it off. I turned around and saw him leaning on his arm on the pillar. Jason had a smirk on his face. Damn!

"That's their words. Not mine," I replied taking a step closer.

"You didn't deny it." Jason took a step closer as well.

"Who says I was gonna deny it?" Once more I took a step closer. Our bodies were close. One step and we'd be touching. We both had smirks and was waiting for the other to back down.

"So you do think I'm hot." Jason took another step. My arms which were once folded came undone. My hand was on his chest and I could feel his heartbeat. Damn!

"What if I did?" I got on my tiptoes but was still too short to be face to face.

"Get a room," I heard Chloe's say. Although she was close, her voice sounded far away.

"Your friends are calling your name. I guess we would have to finish this conversation another time," Jason said leaning down at the last part. We were now face to face.

"Guess so," I gave him a wink before turning around to face everyone.

"Thank you so much for your hospitality, but Mari has to go over there," Nino said dragging me away.

"So are you going to ground me?" I asked once we stopped walking.

"No, but watching you flirt is horrible. I don't want to witness you being face to face with some guy flirting. You two look like you were inches from kissing."

"You could have just turned around."

"What was the Bug?" I heard Adrien ask behind.

"It was fun. The dude's face was so red," I replied.

"So was yours," Chloe commented. "The tension between you two was thick and you've talked like four times."

"I have a skill for flirting. You guys did not have to watch it though."

"It was gross," Kim said.

"I thought Nino was gonna kill the guy for getting that close to you. He's an overprotective bother," Alix added in.

Before I could reply, I heard a scream somewhere deep inside the garden. I started running to the find the source of the shriek. In front of me was Ivy. She was even prettier in real life.

"Please don't hurt us," Rose pleaded.

I sighed really loudly turning the attention to me. "Ivy is no longer villain. She's more of a antihero and is probably here to take care of the plants."

Ivy gave me a smile as she looked me up and down. "I love your outfit. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about it."

I giggled at her comment. "Maybe it hits close to home?" I suggested.

"What's your name Flower?"

"Marinette."

"Well Marigold, it seems like my plants have took a liking to you."

"Mari you can't run off like that," Adrien said as my friends came over to me.

"Did you design these outfits?" Ivy asked as she looked at my friends.

"Yeah. I had some inspiration from some people though."

"My girlfriend is going to love this."

"I can't believe Marinette is becoming friends with a villain," I heard Lila say.

"She's trying to get us all killed," Alya replied.

"Seems like the rest of the group isn't as fun. You know spreading lies will only come back to bite you."

"Now she's threatening us!" Mylene said hiding behind Ivan.

"Sorry about them. They share one brain cell that isn't even bright to begin with," I said walking towards her with a smile. "You know I'm totally invested in your powers."

"Come on Marigold. I can show you a few things."

They two of us walked off chatting about the gardens. Although it seemed painful, Ivy told me a bit of her background in order to explain her powers. I was so invested that I didn't notice my phone vibrating in my bag.

"What's the backstory on your powers?" Ivy asked.

"I helped an old man, so he blessed me with luck. Not even two months after that blessing, I noticed flowers perking up when I walk by. It's really helped me connect with nature I guess."

"I'm glad you were the one blessed with that luck. I believe others would use it in ways it wasn't intended to. I do have to go now Marigold. It was nice to meet you, and I'll be sure to tell others about your designs. I think some would like to know they're not always depicted as negative beings."

Ivy walked away with the plants beside her growing. I couldn't help but smile. Finally, I noticed my phone ringing.

"Adrien?" I asked when I answered.

"Took you long enough, but I'm afraid you're too late." Adrien replied.

"Let me guess. Lila saw I was distracted, so she took the opportunity to leave. You guys tried stopping her, but Mrs. Bustier didn't bother to listen or do head count. In fact, she became irritated with you guys 'talking back'. Now, you're all the way at the hotel."

"Bingo. Do you want me to come get you? I can get a taxi and meet you."

"Nah. I need you to get out the ingredients I got Tuesday."

"Stress baking?"

"You know me too well. I'll see you soon." I hung up and sighed. I have an amazing class.

I walked outside and stood in front of the gates. Looking at the map on my phone it was quite the walk. I know I'd get ripped off if I took a taxi since I'm not from Gotham.

"What are you still doing here?" Jason questioned now standing beside me.

"My teacher can't do her job correctly and listened to Lila. I got left behind."

"Your class sucks. I thought it couldn't get any worse, but I was proven wrong. Would you like a ride?"

"Only if I drive," I answered looking at his motorcycle.

"Sorry Pixie. You'd have to buy me dinner before I'd let you. Plus I don't know how Bruce would react if I let you."

"Scared of Mr. Wayne?" I asked putting on the helmet he handed me.

"Nah but I'd rather keep things civil while I'm in town. Ready?"

"Ready."

Jason took off and my grip around him tightened. He wasn't speeding, but I didn't want to be roadkill. I'm not sure why being this close to him felt so nice. Just earlier we were face to face, but this was a completely different feeling. I fought the urge to get even closer to Jason if that was even possible. All too soon, we were in front of the hotel.

I took off my helmet and got off. I turned to face him.

"Thanks Jay Jay," I whispered handing him the helmet.

"Anytime Pixie. Just make sure to kick Lila's ass for me."

"If only." Our hands touched as Jason grabbed the helmet. I felt something weird in my stomach.

'What is this feeling?' I thought walking up to the hotel doors.

So very important thing. I just realized I published the chapter First Day in Gotham with all my notes still in it. I should have done a reread before publishing it. I fixed it, but I advise you go back and read it. It has a scene that I have referenced that apparently no one got to read. I'll probably put this note in the next chapter as well since some have already read it.

I wasn't going to do the cliche thing of Mari getting left behind. However I had a Jasonette idea, so I had to. I did promise Marinette was gonna realize there's feelings behind her flirting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.7K 1.9K 10
What if six months after HawkMoth was gone Marinette fell down from a portal and was saved by Superboy. Now she must regain her confidence both as a...
82.5K 1.8K 8
Previously this was in the one-shots. I didn't expect it to have multiple chapters, but people liked it and wanted more. I have added 4 bonus chapter...
113K 4K 57
Despite the fact that many things had changed in her class, Marinette was content-she wasn't happy, but she was not sad or negative towards what had...
47K 1K 5
To get a break from her class Mari signes up for a student exchange program. she well be staying with the Kent's.