The Mysterious Mr. Miller

By mahumwrites

"Why can't you let me go?" I asked, my voice dripping with frustration. He had cornered me against the wall... More

PROLOGUE
1. MEETING MR. MILLER
2. LOOSE SCREWS
3. KINKY
4. THE INTROVERT'S PARADISE
5. BRIEF FREEDOM
6. OLD TRUTHS
7. UNINVITED
8. THE SOFT CORNER
9. SHOPPING WITH MR. MILLER
10. THE OTHER WOMAN
11. SPITFIRE IN MY HOUSE
12. A BUNCH OF RASCALS
13. NIGHTMARE
14. CONTROLLING AND ABUSIVE
15. SHARING IS CARING
CHARACTERS
16. ROADTRIP
17. HATE ME LIKE YOU DO
18. HURDLE IN THE WAY
19. THE KIDNAPPERS
20. SECURE
21. SEARCHING THROUGH THE PAST
22. A NIGHT AWAY
23. WALK OF SHAME
24. A PIECE OF TRUTH
25. ENCOUNTER
26. BEDMATES
27. SKIN TO SKIN
28. GOODBYE?
29. SWEET BETRAYAL
30. FORCEFULLY YOURS
31. LOCKED
32. JEALOUSY
33. IN THE HAZE
35. SNIPPETS OF THE PAST
36. CRIMES AND TERRORS
37. CAPTURED
38. FINDING HER
39. DAMSEL IN DISTRESS
40. ESCAPE
41. KEEP ME CLOSE
42. INNER TURMOIL
EPILOGUE

34. INSIDE THE HEART

11K 544 60
By mahumwrites

(Yay!! Double update for my patient readers.)

I know Sean was doing this in the haze of alcohol but what was my excuse. I haven't had one drop of alcohol the whole night then why couldn't I stop myself from kissing him back?

His lips knocked all the sense out of me and I wrapped my fingers in his hair, responding to his kiss eagerly. His lips were needy and passionate, making my toes curl with the intensity. My heart was going haywire inside my chest and the need to be closer to him was getting stronger.

He walked to the bed with me and lay me down, covering my cold body with his warm one. His lips once again landed on me while his hands took the liberty to touch my legs, my waist and my stomach, anywhere he could get his hands on.

"Penny." He said my name under his breath and wrapped my legs around bus waist once again.

My mind was telling me to stop him but my body was failing to listen to its command. I arched my back to dig into him while he explored my mouth with his warm tongue. He parted for a moment and his mouth went downwards. He peppered kissed along the line of my neck and then stopped above my bra, sucking the exposed skin and leaving it red.

"No. It's wrong." I said, realising what we were doing and tried to push him away.

"It's not. I n.... need you. We need each.... each other." He stuttered and once again captured my lips. His lips were soft this time, melting away all the resistance while his hand rested on my jaw gently. As his beard tickled my face, tingled shot in my stomach all the way to my groin.

"Sean..." I dragged my hands to his coat and helped him take it off. The next was his shirt, revealing his tanned skin and toned muscles. I rolled him over and then straddled him, placing kisses on his neck and collar bone. His eyes got darker and he growled my name, the sexy voice reverberated through my whole body.

"Oh God!" He said as I traced my lips down his pecs and then to his abs. I heard him suck a breath while his eyes were closed and his mouth was slightly parted.

I was on the way down to his pants when the door knocked. The sound of the knock pulled me out of the haze and I sprang off him.

"Open it." It was Lucas. Both Sean and I took a sigh of relief.

I opened the door and he walked in, closing the door behind him. His eyes switched from my flustered state to Sean, who was lying on the bed without shirt, fully aroused, hair tousled, mouth red because of my lipstick.

"For fuck's sake, are you both dumb?" Lucas groaned and helped Sean stand, who was too drunk to resist.

"Ugh." Sean grumbled as he stared at me with the same hungry eyes. Soon, he was overpowered only Lucas who gripped him by his elbow.

"You both can't be together. He is engaged now. Understand it before you ruin everything." He shouted at me before he dragged Sean out of the room.

Once they both were gone, I closed the door and sat still on the bed. My body was still warm due to what just happened and I was regretting every moment of it. I should be hating him but here I was, letting him kiss me like that. God forbid if Lucas hasn't come, what would have happened then?

Sean himself made it clear that we couldn't be together then why was I craving his touch? He was engaged now, he was someone else's. I wasn't brought up to be a home breaker. I was better than that. For God's sake, Dad would be rolling in his grave if he knew I was fondling with Alexander Miller's son.

I took a long, cold shower to calm me, changed into my pyjamas and lay down to sleep, all the while trying to shut the voices in my head embarrassing me for acting like a slut.

I needed to get a grip and shift my focus to Jason, who was an absolutely amazing guy and deserved to be treated better than this. I could have an actual future with him, unlike Sean who was treating me like a garbage.

••••••

The next day started like usual, other than the utter gut-wrenching guilt and the absolute shame I felt. I didn't know how I was going to face Sean now but my stomach was growling and I couldn't afford to wait more.

Hoping to not see him as it was an hour past his usual breakfast time, I went downstairs. But luck wasn't at my side as I found him sitting on the dining table, eating an omelet. The effects of the expected hangover was clear on his face and the gel in his hair told me that he hasn't taken a shower yet.

When he noticed me coming, he immediately looked away and acted like he didn't see me. I sat down on the farthest seat of the table and put boiled eggs on my plate. The sooner I was done with the breakfast, the better.

Seeing him reminded me of last night, his mouth on mine, his kisses on my neck, his hands on my waist, my legs around him. Shit. Focus Penelope!

As I was stuffing my mouth with the eggs, I heard him speak. "Penelope." Him calling my name caught me off guard and on the exact time, the dry yolk choked me, making me cough uncontrollably.

He watched me coughing for a good fifteen seconds after which he walked towards me and patted my back. He then offered me a glass of water once I stopped coughing. Why was he being so gentle now? What was his agenda?

His face looked troubled as he sat next to me and stared at me with his beautiful eyes, eyes that were filled with lust for me last night. "I'm sorry." He finally said once the coughing fit had settled.

"It was my fault too. You were drunk." I said, blushing a little.

"Not about that. I mean, about that too. But I'm sorry for everything." He said and the gentle, sincere look in his eyes made me feel warm and giddy.

"Ok." I nodded. "Just one thing."

"Yes." He asked.

"Why are you marrying Hailey?" I said and it came out worse than I intended it to be.

He looked puzzled as he looked around for answer. It was the first time I found Sean Miller speechless. I felt pity on him because he looked like he wasn't sure himself.

"Hailey is right for me." He said and it felt like a shard in my chest.

"Oh..." I mumbled weakly. "I see."

Of course she was. What did I think he would marry me? What was my identity? I had lost everyone close to me and I was on the hit list of another mafia. Why would he choose someone like me to spend his life with? You should dig a hole in the ground and bury yourself, Penelope Woods.

"I should go." I said and attempted to stand up.

"Wait." He said and I sat down again. "Last night... Umm...." His hands went to his pocket and he looked around for something. "It was stuck to my shirt." He said as he pulled out my necklace.

My cheeks warmed up as I tried to figure how it ended there. Last night we were so lost in passion, I wouldn't be surprised if something like this happened.

"Thanks." I smiled and took the pendant from him. "It's so precious to me. Thanks a lot."

"Why is it precious?" He asked curiously.

"Dad gifted me on my birthday. It was his last present to me." I said, feeling heaviness in my chest at the onslaught of memories.

Sean on the other hand, looked a little confused. "When was your birthday?" He asked.

"Two months before he died. I never take it off." I said, running my fingers along the cold golden three-dimensional heart.

"He gave you this gift before he died? Why didn't you tell me before?" He got alerted and took the pendant from my hands to inspect it.

"I didn't think it was important. But why?" I asked in confusion. "It's just a pendant."

"Let's see if it's just a pendant." He said and sent Thomas to bring something. When he returned, he had a hammer in his hand.

"No." I said and attempted to snatch it back. "Please don't break it Sean. It's Dad's last gift."

"Just trust me." Sean held my hand to stop my struggle and then asked Thomas to break it.

As he thumped the small heart with the hammer, it broke apart and with that, a tear rolled down my cheeks. It was Dad's last memory and they had destroyed it.

"Look." Sean said and picked up the small chip lying between the shards. It looked like a memory card but I wasn't sure.

"What is that?" I asked, drawing my eyebrows closer in confusion.

"That, sweetheart, is why a whole mafia is after you." Sean's mouth curved in a sinister smile.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Finally. They got a clue.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 5.5K 45
"All this was a misstake. I thought I would get help and be free but I threw myself into another nightmare." My voice barely a whisper. ------- She h...
397K 16.6K 41
"I don't fear darkness. I am the darkness." Being the leader of the largest Mafia group in USA, Ruslan Searlus is a man to be petrified of. Everyone...
759K 26.1K 58
"Stop fighting it so much Ari, I know you want me just as much as I want you." His lustful voice was like a whisper, his hot breath caressing my face...
291K 7.3K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...